Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally here! (U18.5 hype thread)

Zanno

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

It was said that his acquisition is tied to a Quest, so it shouldn't be that bad. Worst case scenario is the Quest is time-locked behind completion of his individual pieces, meaning it will take days to complete.

Isn't that Daikyu's thing?

You can get 100% status on the Daikyu, but because of random procing and its having physical damage, you mostly get phys procs.  

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Isn't that Daikyu's thing?

Since Mutalist Cernos is confirmed to shoot poison arrows, it's damage type will be poison. So slap on cold and you got guaranteed viral if enough status chance. Daikyu is IPS and thus not a guarantee.

Cool stuff. Lesion is like an extended Mios snap jaw, hopefully with a decent amount of range. Mutalist Cernos looks like a bow-shape Torid from the poison clouds it creates, we'll see. Dual Toxocist with an innate headshot reward mechanic, I like the direction these guns take.

The real question is: Will the Mutualist Cernos make a variety of horrifying squelchy noises when I use it?  Because that's what you really want out of your organic weapons, unholy sounds of SQUELCH SQUELCH shiver shiver, woopatow. 

8 minutes ago, 45neo said:

never used a daikyu. Though from what I've heard of daikyu isn't it supposed to be some kind of large charge for large damage bow?

It does have an above-average Charge Time and the highest base damage of bows, but its measly 15% crit chance causes it to fall behind the damage output of its peers.

Its most notable feature is its 45% base Status chance.

13 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

According to the hub description, either the pistols or the mut cernos cause AOE effects on headshots.

12 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I think it's the cernos just looking at the video. 

Gas damage based weapon maybe? No physical damages.

3 minutes ago, RugerMK1 said:

The real question is: Will the Mutualist Cernos make a variety of horrifying squelchy noises when I use it?  Because that's what you really want out of your organic weapons, unholy sounds of SQUELCH SQUELCH shiver shiver, woopatow. 

I freakin love Paracyst's reloading squelch.

26 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Since Mutalist Cernos is confirmed to shoot poison arrows, it's damage type will be poison. So slap on cold and you got guaranteed viral if enough status chance. Daikyu is IPS and thus not a guarantee.

Doesn't change the fact that Daikyu is indeed a status-based bow. Which would make Mutalist Cernos just a better status bow.

Why go back and fix old, unpopular weapons when you can forget about them and make brand-new ones that are what the old one was supposed to be?

Eh, I'll hold judgement until I see stats, but that bugs me.

hopefully they will release a new polearm stance with this frame. in the video I can see its bleeding willow combos and finisher being displayed along with a faster version of wukong's cloud mist with zephyr's tornado...

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

Doesn't change the fact that Daikyu is indeed a status-based bow. Which would make Mutalist Cernos just a better status bow.

Yeah sure, i wasn't denying it ^^. Just said that the daikyu is bad because while it has a high status which it couldn't need, others have a high crit chance that they COULD need.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

Why go back and fix old, unpopular weapons when you can forget about them and make brand-new ones that are what the old one was supposed to be?

I know your feels...