The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which forum theme do you use?

Torhque

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

Dark as it used to be. I really wonder why anyone would want to use the white one(or design their site for white <.<). Its such an eyestrain.

Since you're wondering, it's because it's not an eyestrain for everybody, and prefer the art over the old one via might think it's better.

But anyways, I use the light version because I love the artwork for it and looks much more professional, over the somewhat date-ish art for the dark theme. If they updated the artwork for something less than....err, that, and more like the light theme, then I'm open to anything. It's not at the level of amateur or anything, but it's definitely not as clearly as polished as the latter.

11 minutes ago, Ailith said:

I just wish the background art wasn't so old. :\

I feel you lol. I'm in the same exact boat haha.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

none of the above technically, mine looks like this atm:

Spoiler

TqeaA5O.png

it's a quick'n'dirty change to support the new Forums. i'll probably do something more permanent at some point.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Torhque said:

I frequently see people making posts with grey text, and I just ignore them.

That's not from using the light theme, that's from copy-pasting from reddit, word, or some other window without putting it through notepad first. 

Edited by Gelkor

Dark theme with custom background, like the one someone shared. Dark theme seems to be the most popular by far.

Just now, Gelkor said:

That's not from using the light theme, that's from copy-pasting from reddit, word, or some other window without putting it through notepad first. 

Notepad? You only need to paste with Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V.

Edited by Nachino

52 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

I use the light version because I love the artwork for it

you could easily have the third Theme option use the backgrounds from the primary one if you'd like.

wha-la? however you spell that.

Spoiler

DeYhALl.png

and this is all it takes in code to do so:
APqjjqO.png

Edited by taiiat

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you could easily have the third Theme option use the backgrounds from the primary one if you'd like.

wha-la? however you spell that.

Hidden Content

APqjjqO.png

Ah thanks for the suggestion!
I'll have to take a look into it then. Hopefully they'll add an easier option down the road for everyone else as well heh~

2 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Oh I wasn't saying that it was because people were using the Light theme. I just felt like no one else was mentioning that grey text was difficult to read. I just figured that most people weren't using the Dark theme lol

I'm aware of the highlighting trick, but sometimes I use my controller to browse the forums. It's a hassle in those cases

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

-snip-
APqjjqO.png

Didn't know about this. Very cool

Dark theme because my eyes (since like ever), and people who write in grey/black can go burn for all I care. On a more serious note I just skip the post or I reply to them telling them to avoid it in the future, sometimes.

Edited by Vantooth

Dark because sometimes I wake up in the morning and just want to check the forums out and that white theme just blinds my eyes every friggen time. It got annoying so I switched to dark and was alot easier on my eyes. Good thing they also updated it as well so there's really no reason to switch back to light.