The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

On 3/18/2016 at 7:09 PM, PrimaryForce said:

Okay this is what I think is going to happen for update 19.

Reveal hidden contents

During the New Strange, Cephalon Simaris said that Ordis is an antique and all the other Series 2 Cephalons Simaris had found were degraded beyond repair.

During the Jordas Precept, Jordas couldn't control himself half of the time and turned out to be infested. Ordis shows the same split personality symptoms.

What if the only reason Ordis and Jordas are still alive/functional, unlike the other Cephalons, is because the infestation is keeping them alive? Just that in Jordas's case, the infestation got out of control and we end up killing him, but Ordis deliberately damaged himself to block off the infestation, limiting his own capacity and damaging his own memories in the process. But now the infestation is spreading and getting out of control.

So I think Update 19 will involve a quest where we need to recover some old technology to save Ordis from being taken over completely by the Infestation. Only then will it be safe to get a kavat to eat the infestation.

Thoughts guys?

Shamelessly promoting my theory.

TL;DR version: Ordis was infested long before me met us when he was left to molder somewhere and it's the only thing keeping him alive but now it's breaking out.

13 hours ago, Cancer_Cowboy said:

Its for Kavats. So you'll have to get a new dog cat to eat away the infestation and then be leveled for MR fodder. Which opens up this new room for companions and shiz, and, well. That's it. 

Personally I think there are some amazing potentials for horror and exploration of what the Warframes are. But this is DE, so. Psychic kids playing with dolls. 

that sounds lame

CLICKBAIT TITLE

anyhoo, was playing around in my liset when I accidentally..fell out of it.

I tried to open menu to restore myself to the arsenal or w/e while i was falling, but it glitched and i couldnt do anything, so i had to restart the game.

After such, after gathering up my courage, i tried again, this time making sure i landed on a decent spot.

after i got up, my Ivara's hood disappeared, but reappeared after i walked over to the area where the arsenal, kubrow and mod section is.

after realising i could have a bit of fun, i decided to check out the "infested door" and see what was behind it

what i found behind it will blow your mind and blind your eyes, it will give you a heart attack and make you quit your job to go live as a monk in china or smth idk

anyways, here:

http://imgur.com/a/IlBds

;-;

EDIT: if this is not allowed, pls delete or move to right section or whatever, not sure if this is allowed or not

note that i did this in vanilla, i didnt use any 3rd party equipment so dont ban pls 

Edited by drewfishking

17 hours ago, Cancer_Cowboy said:

Its for Kavats. So you'll have to get a new dog cat to eat away the infestation and then be leveled for MR fodder. Which opens up this new room for companions and shiz, and, well. That's it. 

Personally I think there are some amazing potentials for horror and exploration of what the Warframes are. But this is DE, so. Psychic kids playing with dolls. 

if it's only for Kavats I will be mad.

Kubrows suck and Kavats will probably suck too.

also a whole room for some stupid cat lizzards while kubrows only get the small incubator is stupid.

I want that room to be epic and related to the lore not some optional companion BS

That room will be for Kavats, but I would love it to be for the new Frame, a Warframe that was left alone inside Ordis when the starter frame went to sleep and Ordis was left alone with the Grineer, so when you open it and clear the infestation you find a unknown warframe completely out of control and ready to pounce on you

My idea is that room is something to do about the warframes themselves  we already know from Rhino primes codex enter they are basically infested with armored molded around them.

Ork make infested to fight sents = that fails

Tenno become to be a thing, they are strong but very weak no hope of fight the sents 

Ork get an idea  once they figure out transference. and use that to control the mindless Infested husk they have and build armor around them to add in channeling the tenno's powers.

The ulitmated union is made orkins are pleased.

My idea is that the left room Has something to totally do with our warframes

8 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

if it's only for Kavats I will be mad.

Kubrows suck and Kavats will probably suck too.

also a whole room for some stupid cat lizzards while kubrows only get the small incubator is stupid.

I want that room to be epic and related to the lore not some optional companion BS

I assume it will be a whole new room for companions, which includes Kubrow and Sentinels. Why? No idea. Maybe they'll make Kubrow more in depth. Now, I could go for a Infested companion. As a matter of fact, I would be using the Djinn if the Carrier wasn't mandatory. 

Charger companion (with Vacuum) when? 

10 minutes ago, Mochikomi_Shin_Jidai said:

My idea is that room is something to do about the warframes themselves  we already know from Rhino primes codex enter they are basically infested with armored molded around them.

Ork make infested to fight sents = that fails

Tenno become to be a thing, they are strong but very weak no hope of fight the sents 

Ork get an idea  once they figure out transference. and use that to control the mindless Infested husk they have and build armor around them to add in channeling the tenno's powers.

The ulitmated union is made orkins are pleased.

My idea is that the left room Has something to totally do with our warframes

Orks are the meanest and toughest there is! WAAAGH!!! I mean, the Orokin seem to have a thing about courting karmic retribution, We don't seem to have armor built around our selves except the transference chair. The warframes themselves seem to be more or less lobotomized infested for the most part. I believe that we are combining what many in the setting where told versus the situation: the warframes were an attempt at making individuals into infested bio-weapons and the powers they display are part of those mutations. We can use void transference to control infested at least at close distance without specialized gear, like the Transference pods in the Reservoir or the Transference Chamber. The warframes themselves are made from blueprints made from the original infested hosts taking on characteristics of the host but ideally without the host intelligence for better void puppetry.

Ok, so unlike how we all thought that we were infested mesh inside of warframes, it turns out we are humans playing mental puppet with presumed to be dead people inside of cases who are controlled by us (kinda dark) but this leads to the question of what is in the door to the left in the lisset. Infested spore mold is seeping out and you can hear noises. Is this an error or a teaser? Also, that begs the question as to why we are immune to the infestation. Any ideas? like and please share your comments :)

13 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

Ok, so unlike how we all thought that we were infested mesh inside of warframes, it turns out we are humans playing mental puppet with presumed to be dead people inside of cases who are controlled by us (kinda dark) but this leads to the question of what is in the door to the left in the lisset. Infested spore mold is seeping out and you can hear noises. Is this an error or a teaser? Also, that begs the question as to why we are immune to the infestation. Any ideas? like and please share your comments :)

So unlike... dead people inside... what? M8- it's confirmed that warframes are made out of infested tissues... Every bit of lore says so... Warframes are literally just one big hulking mass of mechanics, electronics, and infested flesh. Infested flesh is what allows us to use transference (see rhino prime codex entry. That thing is an infested).

It's a teaser- DE even taunted about it on the devstream. Stuff doesn't just appear from an error in neat placement with directional sound- that sorta stuff requires intentional coding and art assets to be created for it.

Tenno are not immune to the infestation. Warframes may OR may not be- but if they are it's because they're made out of the stuff.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

So unlike... dead people inside... what? M8- it's confirmed that warframes are made out of infested tissues... Every bit of lore says so... Warframes are literally just one big hulking mass of mechanics, electronics, and infested flesh. Infested flesh is what allows us to use transference (see rhino prime codex entry. That thing is an infested).

It's a teaser- DE even taunted about it on the devstream. Stuff doesn't just appear from an error in neat placement with directional sound- that sorta stuff requires intentional coding and art assets to be created for it.

Tenno are not immune to the infestation. Warframes may OR may not be- but if they are it's because they're made out of the stuff.

What is transference?

3 minutes ago, Taedber said:

What is transference?

Transference is what you learn about from doing the Second Dream quest. You really oughta do that quest before reading any kind of lore or setting thread online, huge, huge spoilers. Like, Dumbledore is secretly made of chocolate and Snape eats him on page 341 kind of spoilers.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Transference is what you learn about from doing the Second Dream quest. You really oughta do that quest before reading any kind of lore or setting thread online, huge, huge spoilers. Like, Dumbledore is secretly made of chocolate and Snape eats him on page 341 kind of spoilers.

I did the quest a few months ago but I don't understand. Please explain what transference I sin e Warframe universe

Just now, Taedber said:

I did the quest a few months ago but I don't understand. Please explain what transference I sin e Warframe universe

Oh, ok then.

Transference is the process through which a Tenno's mind is projected into a Warframe, assuming control of it to use as a combat body.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Oh, ok then.

Transference is the process through which a Tenno's mind is projected into a Warframe, assuming control of it to use as a combat body.

I see. I thought it was an object or something before but now you have explained it as an action. Thanks!