The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

21 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

With xbox now considering having an open network for cross platform play (even with a possibility of working with PSN) it may even mean working with steam as well... But we need details, i hope this also means i will eventually be able to link my xbox and PC accounts together at some point, and be able to play with my xbox friends while playing on PC. But like i said, we need details.

As long as the console certification process is a thing. That won't be happening. Because the PC and Xbox builds are different.

Edited by KJRenz

9 hours ago, KJRenz said:

As long as the console certification process is a thing. That won't be happening. Because the PC and Xbox builds are different.

well there may be ways to work with that... tricky ways... but ways that could work non the less, e.g. making it to where if i had a warframe that was not updated to consoles yet it would not appear in my console inventory until it updated, and i could not play with console players on PC until i chose a warframe that is currently in the console version... but yet like i said... it is tricky, but possible.

Edited by lightdragon64

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:17 PM, DERebecca said:

It might still be a while yet - it's not quite as simple given the way royalties work but we're still working toward the original plan of making it possible!

Please Space Momma PLEASE!!!  From the new helms,skins,and syandanas from chroma,mesa, to zephyr *I need a new helm for mag badly her vanilla helm doesn't cut it I need sophistication and variation in my life.So help me the day that Oberon and the Tiberon get more skins,I'll lose it! We console tenno deserve this higher echelon of fashionable endgame and shouldn't be segregrated by our pc brethren.   #ArtistStruggles #FashionFrame

*Perhaps make a seperate coin value or bundles on console from that of plat or single purchase via xbox/playstation markets

I believe in a world were all tenno young and old will one day live out their days proclaiming their love and admiration for community skins that'll be shared amoungst all platforms. May Mother Lotus Guide us to this salvation and proclaim Fashionframe for all, Praiseth be the Void!!!!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Yugureki said:

They could always put up a shop online with the Tennogen items and have a code to redeem to unlock it on your consoles.

That would work.  I could also see a "Pre-order" option where the console players purchase a placeholder item and when the next cert rolls through the purchased items get sent along with the bug fixes/updates.

I downloaded WF through the main website and although i know about Steam, i never really bothered to make an account since there weren't many games i wanted. But with the growing amount of Tennogen items and talented creators, is there a way to connect my WF account with a Steam account? Or do i have to download WF through Steam in order to get access to Tennogen gear?

Yes, it's possible for you to make a Steam account this instant and download Warframe through Steam. Then, you could link the Steam account to your regular one, and purchase as many Tennogen items as you like. After that, you could go back to your standalone launcher you've always used, and just leave Steam to collect dust. You'll still be able to use all the items you purchased through Steam.

That's what I do.

To answer your question though, they do have every intention of bringing these items to non-steam players, but the means of accomplishing this is still unknown, so it will likely be a long time before it comes to pass.

17 minutes ago, Fornia said:

I downloaded WF through the main website and although i know about Steam, i never really bothered to make an account since there weren't many games i wanted. But with the growing amount of Tennogen items and talented creators, is there a way to connect my WF account with a Steam account? Or do i have to download WF through Steam in order to get access to Tennogen gear?

Why wouldn't you use a steam account with Warframe? It's a non-intrusive program that costs absolutely nothing to download and you get access to cool stuff. Also serves as a hub to stay in contact with your friends both offline and online. 

Edited by Schrodingers_Bodybag

I created a little guide on how to link warframe to Steam without redownloading it again. You can give a try if you want. It's basically what I'm doing to see the Tennogen stuff because I don't want to redownload. When running "Steam" Warframe I use to get a pop up that says Warframe is already running, but when I clicked ok/close it would just run Warframe normally. I haven't seen that pop up in a while, so I don't know what changed.

Link:

13 minutes ago, Schrodingers_Bodybag said:

Why wouldn't you use a steam account with Warframe? It's a non-intrusive program that costs absolutely nothing to download and you get access to cool stuff. Also serves as a hub to stay in contact with your friends both offline and online. 

^ this is a very annoying comment....

just an fyi, the steam launcher actual causes a lot of problems for many players.  depending on your system make up and its configurations, steam could be the best thing for you....or it could be the main reason many ppl cant play effectively and efficiently

steam was a huge problem for me because it caused constantly black screening and would crash the game multiple times.

not to mention, not everyone uses steam

I really really really want the TennoGen stuff :( makes me wish even more i had a passable PC xD with the Mag rework coming i really want all her stuff from TennoGen, and everything else... I´d be poor because i d spend all my money on that. I understand its hard to do, but I really hope its a priority.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Filthy113 said:

This question is like asking where's UMBRA? [Never gonna happen!]

This stuff SHOULD remain EXCLUSIVE to PC, we don't need this they worked on it and it should stay as such.

And why? the creators would make more money, DE would make more money, and the players would have more stuff they want. There is literally no reason not to bring it over if its possible, everyone wins.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Terran676 said:

And why? the creators would make more money, DE would make more money, and the players would have more stuff they want. There is literally no reason not to bring it over if its possible, everyone wins.

The legal headache of it all, honestly isn't worth the hassle. We'd end up paying more the profits would have to be split to many ways for DE to justify this addition.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Filthy113 said:

This question is like asking where's UMBRA? [Never gonna happen!]

This stuff SHOULD remain EXCLUSIVE to PC, we don't need this they worked on it and it should stay as such.

DE already want to have it for everything, they've stated this every single time Tennogen is brought up. There's no need for exclusivity for that. Sorry for the bubble bursting.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Filthy113 said:

The legal headache of it all, honestly isn't worth the hassle. We'd end up paying more the profits would have to be split to many ways for DE to justify this addition.

Isn´t it the job of the developer to bring content? And once it´s set up they can bring in any future TennoGen stuff, which is probably gonna be a lot. I´m pretty sure a lot of money would be made by that stuff so it would be worth it. Also DE have said many times they are working on it, so obviously it can´t be so terrible that it wouldn´t be worth it. 

Adding another form of currency into warframe this late in the game kinda sucks really. We have credits,platinum, ducats and now steam bucks. In a way its like adding another type of microtranactions or what ubisoft calls DLC now hehe. I would rather spend 600 platinum on one helmet for one frame then 6 bucks.

Hope DE can change these so we have the option to buy these with platinum...I think they would sell more.

Edited by RoninJed

So... I have an idea, I obviously don't know a whole lot about Tennogen and their progress coming to console but i have an idea how they could do it.

1. Release the Tennogen skins to the new console build
  2. Allow console players to buy Tennogen skins from the official Warframe website with real money
  3. Give us a key/Manually Unlock it for the person who bought it on their account

That way DE will be able to track the money spent on Tennogen for console and will be able to pay the creators.

I know this sounds easy but i think the easiest way is the best way.

So... I have an idea, I obviously don't know a whole lot about Tennogen and their progress coming to console but i have an idea how they could do it.

1. Release the Tennogen skins to the new console build
  2. Allow console players to buy Tennogen skins from the official Warframe website with real money
  3. Give us a key/Manually Unlock it for the person who bought it on their account

That way DE will be able to track the money spent on Tennogen for console and will be able to pay the creators.

I know this sounds easy but i think the easiest way is the best way.

(Posted This Twice Due To Not Knowing Where To Post) 

Doesn't work that way. The stuff is on Steam, and DE, Steam and the content creators have to get a cut from the money. Your idea cuts Steam and the content creators from getting their shares easily.

It's on Steam because it's the easiest platform for Tennogen. The cutting share is instantly made once you make a purchase.

Xbox and Sony are gonna want a cut from that too. It really isn't that easy. Patience is all that can be made for now.

Edited by KJRenz