Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Consoles not being able to get their Dex weapons at the same time as PC this year

Personally, I'm rather upset about it. I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the Dex Sybaris from the day we found out what it was, and when I saw the posts about it, I jumped on warframe as fast as I could, only to find nothing waiting in my inbox. Huge disappointment.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this, or reasons why Consoles are getting the cold shoulder again?

(inb4 PC Master Race)

Edited by (PS4)Kentarvos_Keaton

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kentarvos_Keaton said:

(inb4 PC Master Race)

It'll likely be rolling out with the next update; it may not have beem included in the game data with the last console patch because it wasn't ready.

Also, inb4 let's not turn another thread into a console vs PC thread right out the door.

Sorry to hear you're miffed, but a modicum of patience is really the only solution.

We don't have it because it wasn't ready when our last build went to cert, simple as that. We will have it after 18.5.6 clears and drops. Also, it's free stuff. I would think that we console tenno would be use to getting stuff after PC by now. Let's just hold our heads high and wait a little.

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

"P.S Console Tenno, your items will be distributed after you've received your next Update! Stay tuned for news!"

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/628648-third-anniversary-pc-tenno-reinforcements/

It is likely as Letter13 said, the files for the Dex sybaris were likely not included with the U18.3.1 build consoles have since the weapon wasn't ready, therefore meaning a console cert is needed to add the files, hence it coming out when you get 18.5.6

Last console update was two month ago, back then the weapons were not in the game files yet. Since console updates have to go through certification it was not possible to release them this week.

You can follow this post to see when then next console update will come out:

3 minutes ago, Magneu said:

If you wanna get upset, get upset with Microsoft/Sony. They're the ones who take forever on certifying. 

The length of cert (generally 1 week) has very little to do with the fact the last console update was nearly 2 months ago.  Its a simple fact that there wasn't enough new content to justify a 18.4 build and 18.5 took a long time. 

It would be silly to give consoles an update containing only 3 weapons, remember it takes few days before sony/microsoft gives the thumbs up.

Why not be happy, that you'll get the weapons + fixes in one.

hey look at it this way, they could wait till the console anniversary before bringing you guys the dex weapons

also you guys getting something later than us is not the cold shoulder its because of BS from sony and microsoft that rather than letting a trusted developer update the game themselves they have to do some BS cert procces.

want an example of a dev giving a platform the cold shoulder to a platform look at netherrealm studios and how they dropped all future PC support for their game

Edited by Melos-mevim

I wouldn't be excited if I was on the consoles-only anyway.

1: Dex Furis is meh and Dakra are good, but everyone likes to compare Dual Kamas Prime to these Dex Dakras for some "God-help-me-find-why" reason.

2: Dex Sybaris is basically a complete upgrade to the normal one, only loss probably being the physical dmg stats not being near equal, and more of slash dmg than the others.

3: Meaning imo I wasted a lot of forma on my normal Sybaris. Fml.. I know, "WELCOME TO WARFRAME", but I still can't help but get a little puffed about it. At least give the normal Sybaris a buff so that the Dex will look like a side-grade weapon to the norm, please? :<

1 hour ago, Magneu said:

If you wanna get upset, get upset with Microsoft/Sony. They're the ones who take forever on certifying. 

Except it hasn't been sent to cert yet, and usually takes less than a week. Cert is a lot faster than it used to be back in the day. DE decided to wait a bit longer than usual this update and pile more stuff in like they used to. We were kinda getting spoiled there for awhile with us being within a month of PC for quite a bit, it's now been 2 months since our last update, and that update was just Nehza, so we've not had anything decent since Christmas. It's not a big deal to me though, I can wait.

I'm not fussed, even though I invested in my Sybaris (2 Forma and a Potato IIRC), I want that upgraded one more, and part of me has been mooning over the other Dex weapons since I first saw them. a classic case of "I don't have it so now I want it", but still...

man, my poor frames are gonna be working overtime when that update comes.

27 minutes ago, Valsako said:

I love how console players get mad about getting stuff late, yet they get stuff PC players never do.

Like what? The Reknown packs? Which aside from the excalibur, and liset skin, haven't been good. You guys have Steam Workshop now, which coupled with plat discounts blows us out of the water.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Except it hasn't been sent to cert yet, and usually takes less than a week. Cert is a lot faster than it used to be back in the day. DE decided to wait a bit longer than usual this update and pile more stuff in like they used to. We were kinda getting spoiled there for awhile with us being within a month of PC for quite a bit, it's now been 2 months since our last update, and that update was just Nehza, so we've not had anything decent since Christmas. It's not a big deal to me though, I can wait.

I think it was sent to cert last night if I'm not mistaken?

34 minutes ago, Fregatidae said:

OP is the embodiment of entitlement.

Could NOT agree with you more.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kentarvos_Keaton said:

Personally, I'm rather upset about it. I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the Dex Sybaris from the day we found out what it was, and when I saw the posts about it, I jumped on warframe as fast as I could, only to find nothing waiting in my inbox. Huge disappointment.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this, or reasons why Consoles are getting the cold shoulder again?

(inb4 PC Master Race)

We're not getting the cold shoulder at all.  Yes, it has been a while since we got our last update, but DE has released a lot on PC in those two month.  A new frame, many new weapons, a couple big events, and lots of updates including features as well as a massive amount of graphic overhauls.  It wasn't that they were ignoring Console, it's just that they had so much coming out at roughly the same time that it would've been unfair to give us one thing a long while after PC, as is going to happen regardless, rather than one huge update of everything at once.  Obviously not everyone is happy with that decision, but I truly believe they were more interested in giving consoles a big gift instead of several small ones.

My only worry is that Shadow Debt is gonna get in the way a little bit of my Inaros hunting, but I can deal with that.

Also, the Dex weapons are free, and we ARE getting them without a doubt or any effort required other than logging in.  I'd say we can give DE a thank you even if we're impatient.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

Like what? The Reknown packs? Which aside from the excalibur, and liset skin, haven't been good. You guys have Steam Workshop now, which coupled with plat discounts blows us out of the water.

oh yeah, tennogen, that thing that makes six dollar syndanas (which are not purchasable with plat, by the way) only available through steam. I think since it's inception I've seen all of two people with a tennogen helmet.