Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #72!

[DE]Rebecca

I like how the Volt rework is looking. Good work.

(one idea about speed: what if the speed boost was reduced to something more manageable (less getting stuck on corners), and extra buff effects were added to compensate? That might make the opt-in system less necessary.)

I have to thank you guys in many regards:

-The Volt rework gives him newfound power while being really conservative, which is something great.

-Confirmation of Mesa's Peacemaker being an exalted ability, just like it feels more natural. Looks like I misunderstood this one. No Mesa Channeling Pistols it seems UGHGGHGHGH

-The Starchart 3.0 showcase. Steve, if you read me, thanks for all the hard work into this, loving the throwback to the unique feel the old one had (although it spawns the question: What happens to our current Void tileset we love so much?)

-Confirming new Syndicate mods for some of the less shining weapons, which give them new and better use (can't wait for my regular Ash with Kunai to use that mod Rebs explained. 200% mag is just that, but SYNDICATE PROC PLZ).

This Devstream is proof that the team at DE reads our issues and addresses them. Sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse, but at least they do.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Edited by NightmareT12

As a long time Volt player, i am liking the tweaks he got. I'm looking forward to testing it out. Oh, and might i add, TY TY TY TY for letting us cast shock on ES and enabling us to electrify it. Annoyed me to no end that enemies could walk though an ELECTRIC shield unfazed.

While I'll agree that most of what this stream showed was good (I'm extremely happy to see members of DE recognizing players want more customization by looking into customizing armor pieces separately and looking into deluxe weapons skins being used for weapon classes instead of one single weapon), what we learned about the new star chart and how it works does not bode well, and all I can ask is:

What the Hell is wrong with you?

Have you forgotten what happened the first time you talked about rotating nodes/missions and how removing player choice would be better for the game? Did you forget about the backlash that ensued, causing you to rethink the rework altogether? Did you forget about how you agreed that removing player choice wasn't the solution? Why the Hell are you doing the exact same mistake again!? You talked about adding things to make other missions more enticing, so why not just do that!?

Rotating missions won't help the game, especially when we'll have more playable nodes than active missions. All this change will do is cause players who enjoy playing what they want, when they want, how they want to look for a better, more player choice friendly game, and I know I'm one of those players. I'll keep logging in to get my rewards till the update comes out, but the second I see my player choice taken away by RNG in hopes of "making the game better", I'm done with this game.

4 hours ago, DERebecca said:

Thank you for tuning in, and see you next time at PAX!

Rebecca, I've been wondering, and I hope this question isn't too personal. Do you style your hair in a "messy, yet somehow aesthetically pleasing" way intentionally or do you just kinda let it fall where it will? I think it looks good but I always wonder.

So... The one thing that Makes Volt be able to stand next to abilities like Exalted Bladed and Hysteria is going to be forcebly shared...
Well, that's the thing, I don't want to. I do on captures, sabotages, excavations, some times share on survivals and defense, never on invasions or exterminations. I had control over that by simply decreasing the range and using speed close or not to them, but now I'm obligated to leave some kinda of gate they can just walk by and get my buff whenever they want? Well if I'm gonna have no control over that anymore, why not make Excalibur leave another 3 copies of exalted blade on the ground? Why not make Ash allow other tennos to join the bladestorm? If I'm gonna be foced to share my buff with them, force them to share their buffs with me too. Or please, just leave Volt as is. This rework is great. But not for Volt.

While I'm liking volt rework very much, here is one question. Overload now uses new system of travelling through the ground and thats cool,but can we keep same visuals,as of now? I mean,when you use it in corpus ship,and it breaks all the electronics with all that sparks,it looks just awesome :) 

Thanks for the dev stream.

Your comment on Draco was interesting in that you mentioned not wanting the game to be about a few nodes, but with the recent stealth and spawn changes, you did exactly that, killed a plethora of potential places to play and actually get 'reasonable' gains.  

The way stealth and the spawning played out, it enabled people to play on just about any non endless maps and actually get reasonable gains in affinity, reputation and/or focus for their efforts. This meant they were not being locked into just a few mission types, sadly this really is no longer the case because of those very changes without additional tools/mechanics given to deal with those same changes.

Edited by Loswaith

7 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

feedback from wip volt rework:

passive: great idea - it could be very useful depending on how well it scales and so long as it doesn't disrupt parkour 2.0. 

shock-

• scale with EHP ore ingores armor and scales with HP  and with solid cc (at the moment the power is slightly under excal tier in terms of dmg and cc)

speed -

• wormhole opt in/ banish style opt out - don't make it interrupt the flow of parkour by rolling, make it something that new players know and can perform easily like back-springs and side-springs. (if you plan to do this)
  • affect holster speed and recasting (especially recasting) - these are a must if they plan to head in this direction with the opt- in/ opt-out wormhole. besides, it synergises well with his passive.

ES-

• very well done but just make warframe  projectile damage powers like fireball, shuriken, RJ, EB's phantom waves, antimatter drop etc. add the +50% Electric Damage buff that can apply to Mesa's Regulator pistols as well.
  • loving the new visual effects btw.

overload -

• i think it would be better if it scale off EHP instead of HP due to the effectiveness of armor vs. electricity dmg unless DE are planning to make it do "false" finisher damage. could be renamed to something cooler. very good ability but just make the stun very decent. I can see the potential use for exp. runs.
  • make overloaded enemies aggro in case enemies are far to spread apart

Otherwise, volt is heading in a good direction with a great passive depending on the final numbers (don't stuff it up Scott or you will regret it). 

some notes Scott needs to see to finish the rework

Edited by Aquasurge

17 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

Thanks for the dev stream.

Your comment on Draco was interesting in that you mentioned not wanting the game to be about a few nodes, but with the recent stealth and spawn changes, you did exactly that, killed a plethora of potential places to play and actually get 'reasonable' gains.  

The way stealth and the spawning played out, it enabled people to play on just about any non endless maps and actually get reasonable gains in affinity, reputation and/or focus for their efforts. This meant they were not being locked into just a few mission types, sadly this really is no longer the case because of those very changes without additional tools/mechanics given to deal with those same changes.

you make a good case, and i agree. stealthy space ninja alternatives should be a viable option in the future