Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, we need Vacuum on our frames so we can use parkour 2.0 without stopping every 10 sec to pick up loot.

Mypi

13 hours ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Ill never understand why people cant just pick up items. Carrier is making people so spoiled and are willing to die to revive their carrier. I find Wyrm Prime and Diriga a lot more useful since they have cc and occasionally ill use my prisma shade. You have these options:

-Be like me and suck it up and do it yourself

-Synoid Simulor

-Vauban's Vortex

-Mag after the rework she's getting

-Chesa Kubrow

-Or be like the predominantly lazy player base that worships a vacuum cleaner.

How is the last part any lazier than the other ones, or is this a hipster post?

Just now, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

I didn't say it wasn't lazy if you read I said it was an option but your not the first confuse about that

Well it's easy to get confused when the last part is worded in a VERY biased way.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

you forget carrier has the lowest range of all sentinels

Which is a good thing. Companion AI is terrible. They can't lead shots and will most of the time try to hit enemies behind cover. The shorter range on Carrier means that he is usually ready to shot enemies that come close.

And sweeper prime has enough status when using multishot as well as all the dual stat mods to reliable knock anything than comes close on their asses. Carrier makes your life considerably easier. Other companions on the other hand only have mostly useless gimmick powers that make no real difference.

I can't understand, why some people voiting against such obvious Quality-of-Life feature. It's not like gameplay of Warframe losing something, if you don't need to manually pick 387 loot drop on your Survival run.

I grew up playing games where I had to manually touch an item I wanted to have. So this never really became an issue for me. Being time-efficient isn't really an issue either, because when I start treating a game like a job, that's when I know it's time to play something else.

Which isn't to say I'm against the suggestion. I'm for anything as long as it's optional. I would just probably not use it.

15 hours ago, Mypi said:

Let's say, for an example, you're doing a sick farm for plastids. You got your Hydroid, your Nekros, your EV, and some other frame. The entire map is covered in tentacles. There's loot flying everywhere. The entire map is filled with little boxes full of plastids.

You're busy fighting, busy doing your job to keep the farm going. But alas, you have a C A R R I E R, instead of an inferior non-carrier "companion". You keep doing your job, while swiftly jumping from one corner of the room to the other, and to another room, and to another, and then back, never missing the pace, always keeping up with the action.

Now, take this same scenario, but this time, you're not using a C A R R I E R. If you wish to keep doing your job, you have to either slowly walk around, trying to walk over every single little piece of loot on a loot-infested map, while still trying to cast spells, fight enemies, keep your team's energy up, etc. It's just a miserable experience.

Let me give you another example. Say you're playing Volt, and you're doing a melee-only solo survival run for some resource or mod you need.If you're well-modded, you're a flying walking floating gliding blender of death running at the speed of light. Let's say you're farming for this one ultra-rare mod. You're killing hundreds of enemies per minute. You're seeing hundreds of loot drop per minute.

Do you really want to stop everything your doing, detour from your massacre, ruin your efficiency, lose your melee combo, just to pick up every single mod to make sure you did not miss the one you want? No. That's miserable.

In short, having no vacuum in this game is a miserable experience, and i can think of very few scenarios where any other companion would be more useful than C A R R I E R, just for how time-efficient it is.

Have you ever heard of hyperbole?

Let's try and keep that BS to a minimum, you claim you're trying to discuss this like an adult. Keep it factual, don't make things up, don't exaggerate.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Also vacuum has one huge downside that keeps me away from it. If I'm missing as little as only 1 point of energy carrier will still pick up the orb and essentially waste it.

This. The same applies to Life Support drops in Survivals. If I'm sitting at 95 and there are tons of LS drops lying around, Carrier will suck em all and basically waste like 10-15% worth of LS.

If anything just make Vacuum mod able to install on ANY sentinel.

24 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I grew up playing games where I had to manually touch an item I wanted to have. So this never really became an issue for me. Being time-efficient isn't really an issue either, because when I start treating a game like a job, that's when I know it's time to play something else.

Which isn't to say I'm against the suggestion. I'm for anything as long as it's optional. I would just probably not use it.

My suggestion of making an extra universal sentinel Vaccum-type mod both makes it optional and makes it incur an opportunity cost.  Carrier can stack them.  DE gets another mod to pretend is content.  Everyone happy.

I don't think it should be a mandatory passive ability for all frames to be able to pull items towards them. I pick up the items myself and am managing to be pretty okay with it. I still bullet jump, slide, and aimglide around like crazy along with that. I used to run with a Carrier but eventually switched to a Helios since it would offer me better utility over something which I can just put a some effort to make up for instead. I also prefer picking them up myself.  And like some people said, it can waste a resource in the field which we might want to save up for later(energy, life support, ammo, etc). The only time where moving fast with the collecting of resources is an annoyance is in Archwing due to the tiny size of the resources and huge, wide open maps. That is the only time where I can think of the vacuum as being mandatory due to the speeds of Archwing and how difficult it is to see and obtain the resources. Even with the passive Vacuum DE added is not enough due to how tiny and far apart the resources are.

For the frames, personally, I think it could work as an Exilus mod(like how another person said) or a Focus passive in one of the trees for our frames. However, in doing so may make Carrier's Vacuum ability obsolete in a way which means that it may need to be altered or changed. The same thing could be said for Mag's upcoming passive. But generally, I'm fine with how things are without any of these changes(except for picking up the items in Archwing. The vacuum passive in that mode needs a big buff).

Edited by Knightmare047

When I'm playing Chroma with my Raksa Kubrow as my companion, I've come to accept the fact that I'm gonna miss out on extra resources/mods, even with Animal Instinct fitted (30m loot radar). It's even worse when I'm using Kohm, as I've gotta manually seek out a whole lotta ammo (R9 Primed Mutation fitted).

Also consider the fact that Carrier pulls in loot from above and below you as well.

Reading through this thread, I have three suggestions:

1. Innate Vacuum on all frames, Carrier given new function (e.g extended ammo storage)
  2. Archwing Vacuum range extended, suction strength/speed increased
  3. Ammo, energy and health pickups to only be picked up when there is enough room (e.g 25 health/energy missing to pick up 25 point orbs)

No wasted pickups (current downside of Carrier) and QoL improvements.

13 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No you don't. If you need the loot, take the Carrier. At some point in your career getting every single nano spore and alloy plate isn't important anymore and you can switch to sentinels that actually offer utility in combat.

It's no the nano spores.  It's running within 3 feet of an energy or health sphere and not picking it up.  Then having top turn around and run back.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Ill never understand why people cant just pick up items. Carrier is making people so spoiled and are willing to die to revive their carrier. I find Wyrm Prime and Diriga a lot more useful since they have cc and occasionally ill use my prisma shade. You have these options:

-Be like me and suck it up and do it yourself

-Synoid Simulor

-Vauban's Vortex

-Mag after the rework she's getting

-Chesa Kubrow

-Or be like the predominantly lazy player base that worships a vacuum cleaner.

I agree 100%.  As a matter of fact, I think the player should have to click "use" on every item to pick it up.  Lazy players indeed.

Level 1: Every player should have small "persona vacuum" feature that works.  There is one now, but it's not consistent.

Level 2: Every sentinel should have a larger built-in vacuum.  Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the vacuum mod.

Level 3: The vacuum mod itself.

I use Carrier to farm and maybe to compliment melee frames in Survival missions. That's really about it.

I use other Sentinels most of the time because, well, I really don't like endless missions enough to care about missing a piece of loot.

Plus, when you have nearly 89% of the mods that are currently drop-able as well as millions of resources, you tend to be less inclined about stopping for loot every few seconds.

I think it's time we had a new system put in place, now that Warframe is getting further and further away from it's starting baby steps roots.

The Devs have logs that show exactly how much gets picked up in missions, and what the averages are. Might as well craft a system where the mission itself hands out what has "would have dropped" based on some formulas at the end of the missions.

I no longer see why all the things have to appear on the map for us to go get.

I'm playing The Division at the moment, and there is a large amount of players that when they are Team Leader of the mission, will kick everyone else just before the End Boss unit dies so they can re-invite a bunch of mates to pick up the loot he drops. Damn annoying.

I'd like a system that "rewards" players for degree of effort. I'm fully aware that quantifying "effort" might be a complete <insert bad word here> to figure out, but I'd rather have a system that strays on me getting somewhat less then I'm getting now, then one that does in fact make me run around a map like mad on the last Defense wave because once the last unit is killed the map ends almost instantly and kicks me out.

What's interesting is the base loot pick-up radius used to be slightly larger. It was reduced some time before Carrier was added.

I've preached this myself. Vacuum effect should be an inherent part of any companion or the frame itself works fine as well.

I refuse to take Carrier off, no matter what I'm doing. I dunno why people argue with "Once you have such n' such" I have 95,545,312 Mods and 24mil Credits and I'm still not taking Carrier off.

Carrier = Loot.

Loot = Plat.

Carrier = Energy.

Energy = Damage/Survival.

Carrier = Efficiency.

Efficiency = Plat/Damage/Survival.

Carrier = Life.

Edited by Xzorn

As someone who uses a carrier constantly, as I am very lazy to loot, I can see why it shouldn't be baseline. There's times when you really don't want to suck up all the loot, especially when there's parasitics around or you're using a channeling ability and you loot an energy orb when you're only down just 1 energy from max wasting those orbs you could later use. Besides all that though, maybe the loot range of frames could be a little bigger, but even if not, it's pretty commonplace to have a loot system like warframe's is now. If I don't use a loot vac, it's because I don't care about what loot drops and joined a mission where I value more utility and mission reward-based loot. Otherwise I will bring my carrier to a mission where I'm farming for resource drops.

It's been pretty well enumerated how crucial Carrier(Vacuum) is in a game that is completely loot-centric. I would be really curious to know, from DE's perspective, what the actual Carrier/Prime usage statistics are.. is it really upwards of 90% as many people tend to think? And also what do they think is wrong with just allowing Vacuum to be installed in any companion(or maybe just every sentinel, and Chesa kubrow) and then giving Carrier some other purpose in life(many ideas have been fielded.)

Wouldn't a marked increase in companion diversity be a good thing? I'd love to use my kubrow(s) now and then and not feel the 'burn' of having gotten 6 less mod drops than the next guy at the end of a mission.

Kavats haven't even been added yet but I've already mentally written them off as something I will level one of each flavor and then go back to my Carrier Prime. That feels kind of sad to me.

The standard forum response is that I should 'git gud' or maybe I should learn not to be as annoyed at running right through an item and having it not pick up sometimes. I don't enjoy losing the drops I'm earning, but I don't want to sacrifice my ability to NOT have Vacuum going either. It shouldn't be frame-innate, because sometimes it IS better leaving that energy orb on the ground for the moment. Wouldn't making the Vacuum mod companion-portable like Animal Instinct give people the on-off switch they want and unlock the other 11 current companions for realistic use?

I'm with you on this one. I hate being gridlocked into carrier all the time.

Anyone doing endgame stuff knows how crucial carrier is to keep you stocked and alive when stopping for a second will get you oneshot. You literally have to move like a squirrel that found a methrock and pounded it. Some frames (not many) don't need to worry, but the vast majority of them actually do need to move endlessly as fast as possible or you die, simple as that. Carrier keeps you stocked, energy up and full on ammo. I'd even be cool if they limited it to only picking up ammo and you had to run over everything else. I'm ok with that.