The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE you must remove conditions from assasination sorties

ariivanasan

34 minutes ago, VxeR said:

Oh my god just shut up, what the hell do you want? Skana to be able to one-shot the hardest bosses in the game? Or MK1 Braton? So what if some weapons are better than others? And I bet you just follow the hate bandwagon and never actually have tried "unpopular" weapons. It CAN be done.

Buddy, I usually like to use unpopular weapons...miter4life.

1 hour ago, Currilicious said:

Well there you have it.

If you do not have a pretty diverse arsenal, certain Sorties will be tough. To make up for that, you will probably need high APS play.

Now if you wish to play the game on less mental dexterity, then build up your arsenal.

The difficulty is obviously not the issue

Dang it time to get some higher APS.

I'd suggest you add some more reasoning behind why you want it removed besides "its too hard." Sorties are supposed to be hard, so that isn't a good reason to remove the conditions. If you seriously want people to consider this, then you need more content in your post. 

Sorties are too easy as it is. Making them any less challenging for veterans would kill the game... it's the only thing that keeps a lot of vets interested in coming back every day. 

The problem is the mastery rank cap is too low. Don't care how good you are at games, the vast majority of people at MR4 are simply not going to have the gear to not be a burden, and it really wouldn't take them long to reach at least 6 anyway (which should be the minimum mastery requirement for sortie). 

Not necessarily saying the OP is low mastery rank, but the sortie has way too wide of a "accepted Tenno tier". Those near the bottom of it may find them nearly impossible, while those near the top of the curve think of it as another skinner box joke of a mission set. 

I still hadn't played one Assassination sortie so please leave the difficulty intact.

What's hard for you is easy for the others. I hate why the difficulty needs to be unnecessarily toned down just because you're trying to MK1-Braton your way and find it impossible.

Its not that bad, just solo'd Ruk. With the proper build you can one shot him with a mk1-furax. 

Only thing I would change about boss encounters, and well all sorties, is to give the regular rewards on top of the sortie rewards (wave rewards for survival, frame parts from boss fights, spy vault rewards). We are doing the work and if I did a 1500 excavation, a min survival and a spy mission, i might wal away with more than 25 cores and tower keys, and crap to sell.

18 minutes ago, BabyKurama said:

No, they should add more.

Like no powers, high density fog and melee only :3 (only against ground bosses tho)

Imagine, melee only on the Raptor.

The amount of tears and salt would fill the planet drowning even Kevin Costner's Mariner.

Yeah, we had Sargus Ruk glitch up with the totally invulnerable flame thrower animation as well, had to restart the mission. It seemed to be triggered by a player either using their Naramon or Zenurik Focus abilities near Ruk as that is what seemed to trigger it in our game.

2 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Bruh. Do you even Loki?

sure, but by now i guess you meant dropping it right b4 his nose (i did cast my decoys a little to far away from him) - like someone pointed to me: you need him to use his close range flame attack. i never noticed that b4 (when i was doing him on his normal strengh) since he was easy to deal with and i was most of the time in close range to him - not so on this sortie run ^^

anyway, now i know how to, and will solo him next time he comes around.

If you're unable to handle the raised difficulty that comes with the sorties, then you're not ready for it. There is no critical content that drops from the sorties (an argument can be made for Nezha). Lenses are end-game, event weapons are nice to have, but far from necessary, cores can be gotten elsewhere, Legendary Core is valuable for a reason, etc. Being able to complete sorties is an accomplishment in and of itself, and requires effort beyond what is usually required.

1 hour ago, Ory_Hara said:

The Flame Repellent mod i put in my build for the lulz actually worked surprisingly well agaisnt Ruk.

Rapid Resilience would probably also be a good choice. 

Also doing this mission without x4 Corrosive Projection would probably be really tedious. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Not only do I like the added difficulty that the conditions provide, but also I'd even hope for more of the interesting ones like eg. Raptor/Vay kek+melee only, Hyena pack+radiation hazard. However suffering through 2 other missions with no rewards that are a total waste of time for experienced players and players who are not able to finish the last one alike, just to get to the final mission seems pretty ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, the 3 linked mission system is a good concept, if only appropriate rewards were awarded to the people that can only finish the first or 2nd mission only, otherwise there is no point of having 3 missions at all.

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

It doesn't change the RNG, I tested it (3 times). With or without other players I still got cores.

This. I did a bit of poking around on the wiki and personally made a thread asking if being in teams affected the rewards like that. The responses I have received support this.

With this in mind, if you find the sorties to be too tough, you should consider hopping in on public mode. I do all my sorties daily with pubs (as long as there's a reward I need), and I find that whatever burden might have existed was eased regardless of who I paired up with. Only once have I had an unpleasant sortie 3 with pubs, and that was more of a people problem than inexperience and difficulty.

36 minutes ago, Fat_Nom said:

This. I did a bit of poking around on the wiki and personally made a thread asking if being in teams affected the rewards like that. The responses I have received support this.

With this in mind, if you find the sorties to be too tough, you should consider hopping in on public mode. I do all my sorties daily with pubs (as long as there's a reward I need), and I find that whatever burden might have existed was eased regardless of who I paired up with. Only once have I had an unpleasant sortie 3 with pubs, and that was more of a people problem than inexperience and difficulty.

They always need twice the time to reach extraction ._.