Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Frame Confirmed! Vauban Prime!

(PSN)Elctrcstel

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

To be honest, what I gathered from the trailer is that Ballas is somehow talking about the present-day, and the actions Vauban Prime perform are present-day as well.

I don't think so.

These new teaser/trailers are heavy on lore. I think what we're seeing is why the tenno turn out as they do. Ballas was apparently quite the proselytizer for his tenno projects. I suspect this will get darker as it goes on as well. Which warframe introduction will it be when Ballas crosses his Rubicon? That's the vibe I get and it strengthens the possibility that the prime tenno were a sort of praetorian guard.

It's just too bad we'll only be getting these every 3 months or so.

I also think it is a presentation presenting the Vauban warframe. Interesting though not surprising that some of the dialog has parallels to Nef Anyo's current diatribe and other higher rank Corpus members.

59 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

It's Ballas. He's not talking about the Corpus, he's talking about the Orokin. It's just that his message parallels what the Corpus became.

No, he is part of the Orokin. Why would he badmouth a group he is part of? But yeah, I've looked at the trailer of the Saryn Prime and its the same voice.

56 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

It's Ballas, and he is likely asking the Council of Executors to consider and approve his new warframe: Vauban.

It's voiced by the same person that did the previous trailer and the line "Lust was my sin" is probably referring to his love for Margulis.

Now that makes me wonder: it seems that there were already those who profited from the Old War, scavaging the remains of the destruction left behind... Now I remembered the Mara Detron description.

39 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

It's the same voice actor who did Ballas, speaking in the same accent, and talking about the same things (his love for Margulis, etc). It's definitely Ballas.

25 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

It is Ballas. Its the same voice from the Saryn Prime trailer and the second dream flashbacks. Also notice how he said "our long war"? Fairly certain thats meant to imply the old war is still going on and that the Corpus at the time somehow profited from the war. Mabye the Corpus rose so much in power from these profits that the Orokin thought they could potentially challenge them and the Orokin in their panoria made the first Vaubans to keep them in check.

Those are probably scavengers but... make a Warframe just for them? It makes sense for the trapper frame. Booben is the police you dont f*ck with.

38 minutes ago, vrdwrst2 said:

"These Corpus remind me of the Orokin, selfish and greedy."

-Your Tenno.

There's your proof, if need be. Just trying to be helpful.

(But seriously, why did they have to add derpmotions to the broadcasts)

Thats the opinion of the Tenno on the Orokin. Ballas probably didnt want the "industrialists" to make profit at their expense. Which is kind of hypocrital at this point.

12 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

No, he is part of the Orokin. Why would he badmouth a group he is part of? But yeah, I've looked at the trailer of the Saryn Prime and its the same voice.

Now that makes me wonder: it seems that there were already those who profited from the Old War, scavaging the remains of the destruction left behind... Now I remembered the Mara Detron description.

Those are probably scavengers but... make a Warframe just for them? It makes sense for the trapper frame. Booben is the police you dont f*ck with.

Thats the opinion of the Tenno on the Orokin. Ballas probably didnt want the "industrialists" to make profit at their expense. Which is kind of hypocrital at this point.

Some interesting things to consider is what we have seen in the synthesis entries.

• We know from the Anti MOA synthesis that things was done differently back in the days of the Orokin. The Orokin didnt have parents in the normal sense. The father in the story also tells his son that the ones that raised him died because they couldnt forget the past.
  • In the Arid Eviscerator synthesis we have a Orokin executor named Avantus who abandons other survivors on a station under attack from the Infested. She stated it was more important to re-establish the Congress of Executors than saving those people. Addtionally she also says those people knew their place and did their duty. Although this synthesis probaly takes place during the great collapse i think it speaks volume for what the rulling Orokin caste thinks of thier lesser.
  • From the Guardsman synthesis we hear mentions of genetic lockouts and different classes of rank with Executor sounding like its the highest. An Orokin names Alarez also makes use of a genetic descrambler to try and copy a genetic sequence from a person of a higher class than him in order for himself to be able to access functions outside his own rank.

From these synthesis entries i believe the Orokin were a caste based society in which people were genetically made for their role in society. I think people couldnt acsend to a higher station in the Orokin empire as everyone was made for their role. The Orokin empire could have become like this to prevent change and keep the empire in order. The old war could have bought change that the Orokin empire in all thier year of stasis were unable to deal with. What if these Corpus that Ballas talk about were somehow able to fill out important functions that were needed in the empire because of the Old War but not before and as a result started to amass power. The Executors fearing change or imbalance of social norms and status could have sicked Vauban Prime on them to keep them in check.

It's Ballas, it's interesting that I do think he is speaking about the Corpus, which tells me that the Corpus Technocracy was already setting itself apart from the Orokin Empire before the fall. So some sect of Orokin scientists or engineers basically had some kind of a secret project area they kept separate and hidden, so Ballas made Vauban to track what the Corpus were up to. 

After watching the trailer I finally understand where the term "Booben" comes from. Not the meaning but the "sound" of it. As an American (United States) I always read Vauben as VOW-bin. But at the end of the trailer, the thickly accented voice-over actor said "VOO-bin". Now, I don't know where the heck the alpha combination "VAU" becomes pronounced "VOO", but nevertheless there it is... And personally VOW-bin" sounds cooler than "VOO-bin" (actually sounds stupid to me... but that's my opinion...).I guess my old jeans were made by Levi Stroos (Strauss): When I grow up I want to be an ASTRO-NOOT... (astronaut). Ouch I hurt myself... better get some... "GOOZE" (gauze)...Darn, i ran out of clothes, guess it's "LOONDRY"(laundry) day... Whoever is making up these crazy pronunciations... please stop. And it isn't about being Canadian - William Shatner... heck almost every Caucasian actor / celebrity in American cinema is Canadian and doesn't speak any different from us United States folk... And I don't hear British or UK people pronouncing words like that either. Accent, yes - weird pronunciations... no.

EDIT:

OK,  Tesseract7777 set me straight here... nothing to see. I get it now... lol.. But - "VOW-Bin" still sounds cooler than "VOO-ben"... just sayin'

Edited by magusat999

For those who did not see Vauban Prime trailer here is the link:

First of all, Great job DE on the trailer, it was incredible.

What I wanted to address is that could we possibly get those animation of throwing his tactical grenades in mid air as in trailer, cause they were AMAZING!!!

Booben Prime got me excited more than any other content ever in warframe despite him hardly being in my top 10 favorite warframes. Design of Prime is amazing too.

Not daring to ask for buffs but if you plan any I will take them, maybe make his 1st ability like Ivara's 1st and 2 of possibilities be tesla and jump grenades.

Sorry if these ends up not being a great feedback or being suitable for this forum section.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:26 PM, (PS4)abb12355 said:

While watching the Vauban Prime trailer, The part where he fired the prime Secondary, I wondered what it was. 

Do you guys think it was the akstilettos or the Aksomati?

If those guns are the akstiletto, HYPEEEE!!!! the akstiletto are my favorite secondary, because of there balanced statistics. 

If it's the aksomati boo, I don't like the Aksomati.

But it tbh, It looks more like a aksomati, The Weird wings that the Aksomati has above the Muzzle, it looks like a Aksomati.

But the sound design sounded more like the akstilettos. The aksomati has a deeper Firing Sound. 

lol ikr. Anyone else hype??

I have the exact opposite feeling about Akstiletto and Aksomati as you, (crit and crit damage lover) but besides the point, i'm fairly certain they're Akstiletto prime. If they are Aksomati Prime then the devs need to get there models checked, aksomati prime should look much cooler.

On 4/23/2016 at 5:12 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Possibly, it's kinda vague. Obviously it's cherry-picked to sound exactly like the modern capital-C Corpus. But also remember, the Orokin weren't as unified as they like to claim. The Mara Detron's codex blurb spells out they had pirate raiders and other nasty groups like that; perhaps they are the "merchantiles" that Ballas looks down upon with such disdain

Proto Corpus or not isnt really the big info here.

The big info is that Vauban was made to fight against them, whatever version, and this also tells that there were Orokin left after the war.

4 hours ago, magusat999 said:

THANK YOU! Now I can rest easy with that. THAT makes sense!

Admittedly I personally pronounce it "vaw-bin" in my head and when I am speaking to friends irl, because that's what sounds the most phonetic and natural to me. I once listened to the truly correct French pronunciation several times over to get the gist and no one in game is saying it right either, and neither are any of the devs, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

It's been a while, but I think with the actual pronunciation the n at the end is all or mostly silent, and the pronunciation would look sort of like "vo-bau". I listened to it quite a few times though and I couldn't tell if the n was supposed to be completely silent or just very unstressed to the point of being mostly silent. Maybe someone who knows French Grammar could shed more light on that. 

Also for those who are curious here is a link to the page of the real Vauban, his full name was Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_Le_Prestre_de_Vauban

He was the foremost military engineer of the age. A master of both creating and breaking fortifications, essentially a master at seigecraft in general. 

Also, he has no popular culture section pointing out that Warframe honors his memory by naming a frame after him. Someone who knows how to edit wikipedia should discuss that with the randoms who edit that page and see if they can add that in. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

This was Ballas´s quote in the Saryn Prime trailer.

"Margulis, from your winter ashes, there has sprung a field of flowers. Conceived by me, germinated for deadly purpose. You used to dream of old Earth, didn't you? Bathed in gold and solemn blue. I intend to reclaim it now, from the spores and the ruin. It came to me like a proverb: fight poison with poison.

Cure this sick horde with the greatest of plagues. I will call her... Saryn."

The whole winter ash and field of flower things is most likely referring to Margulis´s legacy which was the creation of Transference which further lead to the development of Warframes. I dont see why so many people seems to think that Margulis was somehow turned into/related to Saryn Prime, it just sounds silly to me. She was most likely executed in a manner similar to the Archimedian from the Crewman synthesis on the judgement disk.

Edited by Kaokasalis

I've always pronounced it "vaugh-ban."  To this day, I still don't understand how something ending in "ban" gets pronounced as "bin" or "bon."  Even in French.  An "a" sounds like an "a" in any language.  Hell, even in Spanish where there's no hard "a" sound the soft/only "a" still sounds like an "a."

Reminds me of Young Frankenstein.  Just because you might WANT it to be pronounced like a Jewish name doesn't make it one.

3 hours ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

I have the exact opposite feeling about Akstiletto and Aksomati as you, (crit and crit damage lover) but besides the point, i'm fairly certain they're Akstiletto prime. If they are Aksomati Prime then the devs need to get there models checked, aksomati prime should look much cooler.

Saying aksomati looks Better then Current  akstiletto is subjective. 

The aksomati will probably look like The sidearm version of the soma prime.

3 hours ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Saying aksomati looks Better then Current  akstiletto is subjective. 

The aksomati will probably look like The sidearm version of the soma prime.

Heck when they did the original Vauban release video (look it up on the site) the Lotus pronounces it Voh-Ban, so I've been doing it differently to all of you... It's also how I'd pronounce the French name, since 'au' in French, such as 'Cafe-au-lait' is pronounced 'oh'.

But a note... How does the guy on the Prime video sound like he's saying 'voo-bin'? He says it 'vaw', to rhyme with 'saw' and 'ban' to rhyme with 'van'... I have to question the integrity of OP's speakers/headphones.