Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #74!

[DE]Rebecca

Q1:

With the current PBR changes comes unwanted color channel changes to the point where our old color combinations no longer work, Can we see an option to revert back to the
old color channels/skins to restore our favorite custom colors? Or could we see ways to more freely color our warframes?

Q2:

As of now Parkour is hardly ever used and It was one of the staples of the game back in the day, Now all you need is the bullet jump with nearly no parkour assistance, It's made me very sad that we don't use parkour as much, It doesn't feel very ninja to bullet jump everywhere, Could we see better implementation of parkour in the game? A good example of parkour would be from Titanfall:

rtc46nebxgruwrjmzpmp.gif

Not all surfaces in warframe are flat but the geometry is nearly the same for Titanfall and you can still wall-run on jagged rockfaces and propel off of cliff-sides, It would be nice to see a system that allows parkour to more greatly influence navigating the map instead of just Bullet-jumping.

A few of the older concepts could still work such as:

Wall jump:

jLzdean.gif

Wall slide:

lYPy2w9.gif

I feel parkour would have gone in a good direction with the old concept in the Tomb of the sentients trailer as well:

PKt0gpx.gif  

Q3:

Any update in ground to air missions involving archwing? While not many people injoy archwing I think it still has a lot of potential to be a fun gamemode, It would be nice to see invasion missions involving archwing, Maybe have a ground ship battle then a space battle in between, Spaceship battles always look epic.

5jKablw.gif

Q4:

Do you have any plans for more tilesets? If so what are they going to be like? I'm really Hoping for a tileset that is more organic like the jungles of earth.

Q5:

Are we going to see more RPG elements added to the game in the future? Things like NPC quests and more unique characters would be nice to see, It would even be nice to see actual NPC companions that aren't just specters like Clem, It would be cool to have a crew of companions like in Mass effect and together we could save the galaxy from the Reape- I mean Grineer! 

Q6:

Any updates on the expansion of our orbiter? What size can we expect in our orbiter? will it be expandable like a dojo? Or will it have a limited 5-6 rooms?

Q7:

Do you think its possible to see old warframe powers make a comback in the form of power Augment mods? I for one loved Excaliburs super-jump and it would be really nice to see it make a comeback, I think this was discussed a bit in the past but it never came to be, Thoughts?

Q8:

Can we see more Tennogen in the marketplace? All of the Tennogen stuff is AMAZING but the price is still pretty high, It would be nice to see more Plat based items from Players.

Q9:

What do you think if Melee stances were turned into a customizable system? I think it would be pretty cool to combine certain sequences from multiple stances into one depending on the weapon class, Like adding Wings and beak ( Iron phoenix ) for the first attack and Twisting fury ( Crimson dervish ) as the second attack. It would be cool to mix and match to make your own personal melee fighting style.

Edited by KyleDelta

I have a question that has been debated for a while, and I think needs to be adressed and answered.

What are the purple damage numbers that occasionally pop up? Some people are saying its enemy overshields, as that is the ONLY other number in the game that appears in purple, but I believe otherwise. I mean, if your going to let us get purple numbers, at least tell us why it happens, and how continue to get them. We don't really have a solid idea of what they are, and you, the devs, are the only one who can answer that question. (also, if this question has already been answered by the devs, could someone post a link to the answer?) If you want to see this question answered, please upvote it so the devs will see it.

on a completely different topic, is limbo getting a rework anytime soon? He really needs to be remade from the ground up, with new stats and powers.

Nef Anyo rework was shown off a Looong time ago, are we going to see the end of "The Sergeant" soon?

What happened to Frod Bek and is there any plans to focus on the corpus a bit more in future?

With all the new lore flowing in will we still get the updated codex entries for frames like what Ember, Mag and Rhino have? 

5 hours ago, Digitalon said:

First off, I know you guys have been working really hard on PBR updating the frames that need it and they all look fantastic, my fashon frame thanks you! But I'm wondering what ever happened to adding cloth physics to Frost and Volt? It was heavily discussed a long time ago but then nothing, total radio silence. Can we get a confirmation on if this is still going to happen?

I'm a Volt prime main, so I would really want him to be more prime-looking, but I like the aesthetic they have right now.

As for Frost Prime, this guy did it best.

Hi devs, in a previous stream you mentioned linking melee stance mod acquisition to the use of that particular type of melee weapon. Can you please give us an update on where that idea currently stands??

Any word on syndicate melee?

What is planned for explosive weapon balancing? We all know tonkor stands above the rest not because of it's damage alone, but because of it's low risk high reward. Will other explosive weapons ever get another look at how self damage works to make them usable to the point they don't 1 shot even the tankies of frames?

When will future mod scaling be implemented like bows thunderbolt of beams combustion mods?

Will Corpus ever get as much love as Grineer?

Since the new wraith melee weapon having different channeling multipliers, will channeling melee be getting another look at? Will channeling focused weapons become a thing?

Will there even be enemy balance in which we wont be affected or killed by things players have no knowledge of happening? Such as snipers killing us with no warning, or eximus AoE effects not showing us anyway way to find said enemy or avoid getting within its range?

Any rewards for logging in past the 300 day mark which has been rumored to be Primed vigor mod? Such as a Legendary core at the 400th day log in reward?

Are frame aura mods going to stay as they are and not be getting any new ones any longer?

In the recent Nvidia announcements they showed a new technology called "Ansel". It's basically a screenshot tool capable of very high resolution, some editing and 360-degree screenshots. With the Warframe community already making badass screenshots I'd love to see this technology implemented into the game. Is there a possibility this will ever happen?

We all know we are constantly looking for that perfect background screenshot...

Hello, thanks for all the hard work you guys at DE have done so far.

My question is: The last major event that took place (Rathuum) had a lot of exploiters, all top 16 to be exact. My clan (Quasars) got into contact with some of the employees at DE about the exploit which was later hotfixed, but none of the abusers of the exploit had any repercussions for their actions. Is it best to abuse future clan event exploits without telling you guys, seeing as how there are no consequences in doing so?

Edited by --Q--Rapture

With the upcoming Update will quest be replayable? 

Will we finally get the missing lore in the codex for the Frames that are still missing it?

and along with New Hairstyles for our Operators will we also get more faces to chose from. Would really like to have an older face to chose, as well as Facial hair selections for the males.

and If i may ask again Will we ever have a sniping mission as there is still no reason for sniper rifles in warframe with it's fast pace?

and as I've never seen anyone else other than myself post about this, Will we ever be able to use forma for specific load outs instead of them affecting every load out option. (I.E.) ( i use a forma on my load out A and it takes affect on A, B, and C. Couldn't it be that it only affects load out A.

And as an After thought. I know that this is a third person Shooter for the most part but now that relays have been a thing for a while, will it ever be posible for us Rpg'ers to rp in the relays. I had Rp'd a while ago on the forums in a Thread called the Dome. It would be awesome if we could actually do it in Game. and have our Story tellers since us on real missions, and the like.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I have a question that doesn't pertain to U19 (unless it's already addressed... I haven't had time to read all the questions unfortunately so I apologize for that).  For dojo's, what are future plans for them?  Future items/rooms?  

Most of the things in the dojo are still/stagnant, so after having pups (and kittens) roam around in our liset, will we (clan lords and such) be able to have animals/companions or other craftable items (like NPC's) roaming around (I'm the "warlord" of my clan and my friends have taken a siesta at the moment so there's no one ever there except for me, it'd be nice to have people roaming around like in the relays and such at times)?

Edited by Btabc
further clarification

I've been playing this since right before or after closed beta ended, and have been off-and-on with the game but always end up coming back.  I have over 1000 hours in this game, I have the headband, I love this game and it has been easily one of the top three video games ever in terms of time invested playing. Over time though, I notice that I'm not sure what direction the game is supposed to go - We have PvP, we have PvE, we have raids... Sort of, and archwing is... Workable, but needs polish to put it kindly. And then lore and quests.

I'm not sure what to make of where things are intended to really _go_ from here, with the lore being what it is, but being so infrequent, and how it affects the rest of the universe.

Here's some bullet points:

• Why are we constantly doing missions?
  • Why are we seeking new gear all the time?
  • Is this an actual RPG, with the key word being roleplaying?
  • Will we be _consistently_ doing more than running missions over and over? Does it just come down to, at its core, this is meant to be a loot grind with a revolving door of vault items?
  • Will we see significant, dedicated expansion of the universe, the lore, and the ways we interact with the environment in this game?

I don't mean to sound harsh because I love a lot about this game, and the combat is really what keeps things moving along and engaging, but I don't see what the... "endgame" is, so to speak. I want to play this more, but the draw of loot grinding as opposed to exploration, discovery, NPC interaction, storyline expansion, all of that really meaty stuff that can expand the universe is given in small droplets and then it's back to doing alerts and modding my gear.

Are we ever going to see a solid flow of universe expansion, or is the core of the game being grinding levels to get loot going to be where the ultimate purpose lies when I want to do something? Or expansion in other areas i.e. comics? Novels? Other?

And the fact it's still in "beta"... Is a bit odd as well, I have to say.

Edited by Andaeros
Formatting etc.

Boo yah, devstream time!

Vauban? Passives? RELEASE TIMELINES?! Actually this all sounds pretty good.

I've read the datamined stuff (of course) but even that doesn't have all the passives in it.

I am so hyped to find out what Loki Master Race's passive is!

Also Rathuum rocked more like that please where I have to mod in different ways to succeed.

If you're talking release timelines, can you tell us anything at all about the weapon rework, the whole split chamber thing and removing the "mandatory" mods. I for one am tired of having to make my guns useful over feeling good. I have to go down to planets like mercury or anything under level 20 to use my "feel good" weapons because they are absolutely and completely worthless past level 20 if I mod my weapon to feel good. Now what I mean by 'feel good" I'm referring to modding the weapon for reduced recoil, more ammo, faster reload time, ect.

1 - Is it possible to make status equal crit builds, because crit builds are almost always superior over status builds, especially for melee weapons.

2 - Will old stances get a second pass, or will the old stances be forgotten in favor of newer stances?

3 - Will starmap 2.5/3.0 address the prime vault as well?

4 - Will Focus get a rebalance once U19 hits, because naramon and zenurik are getting boring, and the other 3 schools are tedious to grind/level, and don't seem to have the same impact.

5 - Will Vauban get a brush up once vauban prime hits the market?

6 - Will the rewards get a second look, because they seem outdated already, even until now (cores from sorties and T4Su Rotations A-C, Rathuum 3 rewarding cores).

7 - Will there be more credit-only weapons to help/give new players a choice for early weapons?

8 - Will the "Bourbon List" be partially addressed in U19?

Q1:

Will Trinity's Well of Life ever be reworked to serve a purpose?

Currently it has no purpose except to stun simaris targets or with the aid of it current augment provide health orbs and a chance of a energy orb.

Q2:

Is the idea of introducing the token system to sortie being worked on, have it been delayed or have the idea been put aside?

Would there ever be any chance of bringing back all the Apex Particles they made the game so beautiful?

For anyone that feels like arguing that they are still in the game and going strong (because someone always does)

These are Apex Particles.

Not these

wGbhzdL.jpg

617dlgD.jpg

The only things in the game that still have them are 

Penta:

4wFudiu.jpg

Jat Kittag:

tS065cI.jpg

Raksa Kubro Howl:

uYrwj9y.jpg

Capture Target:

LAZ2U05.jpg

and Heavy Ground Pound:

ICwggI7.jpg

Volt Noble idle,

Val Warcry,

Inaros Pocket Sand and Ult Charge

There may be a couple I've missed but they don't exist in the game to a point that you actually notice them anymore. They used to be on all warframe powers any explosions almost anything you did in the game and now there almost all gone with the exception of the ones I've listed.

Edited by CaveDroll