Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #74!

[DE]Rebecca

1) Any more ideas to make Archwing more integrated in the game? The transition between Normal and Sharkwing is different, but I feel claustrophobic in some of those tunnels.

2) Any way to make more "Open Area" in the existing Title-Sets? And is there ANY way to make the transition from a Set to another NOT be a door?

Q1(Geoff): A long time ago in Devstream 19 you presented agile and noble stances for melee weapons, but these never got implemented. Are weapon grip based noble and agile idle stances off the table? 1, 2

Q2: Have you settled on a way to allow players access to the Void after the main rift has been destroyed by the Sentients? Will every location get a void portal tile that can be activated by us via keys or otherwise?

Q3: Can you share anything on what's planned for a unique Sedna tileset? Do the Twin Queens have a connection to Sedna?

Q4: What are Junction Towers?

Ok, here are a few questions.

1.) Will the orbiter ever be seen in it's full size? For reference: warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

2.) Speaking of the orbiter, will we ever get to see that animation of the landing craft docking to the orbiter in-game?

3.) Now that Kela has been released, what is the next boss on the line? I presume it would be Nef Anyo, and if it is what is there to show?

Dear Tenno council,

Many Tenno focus on health and armour as having 1k + of Health is more rewarding than having 1k+ of shields. Will there be a shields 2.0 were having high shields is just as, if not more rewarding than health and armour?

Volt/ Volt prime rework? Golden lightning please!!!

Volt prime umbra?

Are Warframes alive?

Are Kubrows and kavats within the same family? 

Beds,toys,sleeping and or kiss kubrow? a park for kubrows and kavats? Do kavats and kubrows get along? Companion roaming? 

Any news on the infested behind the door? 

Augment slot? 

There aren't many staff type weapons, how about a Sancti Tipdeo? 

That is all and thank you for your patronage  

Edited by Wolfnrun

1 hour ago, Stargloss said:

Can we PLEASE PLEASE get the Grineer Riot Shield as a weapon?

I never thought about it as a weapon, it's a pretty good idea.*O*

2ccuvwk.jpg

Edited by AstroLord
Than sword and shield, better is shield and gun!

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

NEW: Talk of giving players pre-earned Affinity levels based on Mastery Ranks has the potential to alleviate one aspect of the problems, addressing some of these suggestions.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of an ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons and especially other launchers?

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor is an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against that continues to this day.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players (with appropriate effective health mods) are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

Any chance we could get the option to use crafted weapons still in the foundry (I.E not retrieved) for building weapons that require other weapons as sub components. It's a bit underhanded to expect someone to buy new slots if that's the only reason they are buying them. As these "FrankenMonster" weapons seem to be coming along more and more often (and also use more and more sub weapons) i feel it would be positive change.

First off, I know you guys have been working really hard on PBR updating the frames that need it and they all look fantastic, my fashon frame thanks you! But I'm wondering what ever happened to adding cloth physics to Frost and Volt? It was heavily discussed a long time ago but then nothing, total radio silence. Can we get a confirmation on if this is still going to happen?

there's a possibility we can get syndacate melee? secondary and primary are already out there, but what about syndacate melee?

and will another "event" (like dual toxocyst) weapons come? I was thinking about an infested semi automatic rifle that after an amount of shots landed on an enemy or after getting few extra-affinity will convert to a full auto rifle with increased fire rate, increased damage and increased status chance

Edited by Ylantron

Recruiting 2.0, coming anytime soon ?, As a player 2215 hours on this game (steam) the main reason i find not to play this game is the fact the i have to look at the recruiting tab for 5 - 10 min just find a mission that has the drops i need, pls DE.

- Really loving the new PBR upgrades for Rhino, Nyx, and Ember. Can you comment at all on the plans for what gear is going to get PBR'd next and how soon we can expect all the remaining gear to receive PBR textures? For example, Immortal Skins and Helmets for the frames that already have PBR? It's a little awkward using the amazing new default skin for Rhino Prime, but then having the Thrak helmet still be using old textures.

- When will we have the ability to rename our ABC builds and acquire more builds than just 3? Sometimes you don't always remember that build C is my EV Trin (for example), and it would stellar to be able to rename those. Additionally, the ability to acquire more builds than just the three ABC builds, especially for appearance builds. With all the new skins coming out, I'd more than just 3 appearances for my gear.

- What is being done to address the ammo economy in the game? Isn't it a little ridiculous that the Lex has 200 shots and shoots only 1 bullets at a time, semi-automatic, while the Dex Furis has only 250 total ammo and burns it like wildfire, but yet they both pick up 10 pistol ammo every box?

Would it be possible to add an additional colouration tint to each warframe/weapon?

With the recent pbr of excalibur, ember, nyx and rhino, a number of players have expressed concern with difficulty in getting a scheme for these frames.

-Any chance archwing will get its own devteam like conclave has ?

-any plans to add void/moon archwing missions ?

-any plans to add sentient archwing enemies ?

-any plans to add to archwing game mode unique secondary weapons ? for example mecha-style missile pods or shoulder/backpack cannons

-what about archwing cosmetics like skins and stuff attached to archwing ?

-could we get some archwing companions, either sentinels or even better: completly unique compaions to archwing ?

EDIT: one more important question I forgot to ask:

-any chance for space dogfights in archwing ? current hovering while shoting each other comat can be really boring, it would be really cool if we could switch between our current "hover" type combat and high speed combat like space jet fighters in other games(something similar to dual modes of strike suit zero)

Edited by Culaio

1 minute ago, Skywolf1954 said:

Why does a 2 hour boost drop to a 1 hour boost after only 20 min? Shouldn't 2 hrs BE  2hrs?  This happens every time! 

It's not actually dropping your time. The counter just doesn't show decimals, so because it's only 1.99 hours, it's not technically 2 hours anymore, but it's just not showing the extra 59 minutes. When it hits 1 hour, it will start to show you minutes instead.

Sup DE

Q1 : I think this was asked before, will Valkyr Hysteria and Body Count work sometimes soon ?

Q2 : Whats your plan of creating an alternative to Draco grind ?

Q3 : When do you intend to push the first Tenno Focus balance patch ? its clearly that Zenurik and maybe Namaron dominate the charts.

Q4 : Do you already have some kind of Information about this Orokin Void Loottable rework stuff.

Edited by Maevy

Q1. Back in 2012 when you (re)started development on Warframe, how did you imagine the game to be played (in terms of gameplay and people using it)?

Q2. What's your vision for Archwing? Where do you want to see the mode in the future and what were your original intentions for it?

Q3. I liked the old Grineer Sawman back in 2013. Any chance they could make a comeback in some way?

Q4. How are the multi-shot fix, the plans to remove Serration and co. and the plans to rebalance mastery rank requirements progressing?

Q5. Is there a reason against replacing the current Skana and Lato as starter weapons with MK-1 variants and buff the regular version to a more mid tier position? Doesn't the current starter weapon selection seem a bit odd with these two in such a position?

Q6.  How is the new Burston model progressing?

Q7. Have you considered adding locations to the new star chart which would only exist only as lore texts (perhaps with some images), rather than mission tilsets, in order to make the Origin System feel more populated?

For example orbital colonies, major cities, trade hubs (for common goods), or nomad fleets?

Q8. Will it be possible to get domesticated Kavats which look like the feral ones?