Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing Frames.

Chr1st16n

Now with the release of Vauban Prime, the frame count increased to 41 (42 with Excalibur Prime) But out of all these frames, which do you think was a disappointment in your opinion. Meaning, which frame do you believe could have been better than the way DE made them and why? 

1. Zephyr - Because tailwind is now obsolete IMO, due to bullet jump existing. I personally want Tailwind to be a toggle, giving you AW movement.

2. Limbo - I find some skills should be integrated TBH, or buffed (specifically Rift Surge). Minor gripe, opinionated.

Edited by p3z1

Limbo for me is the only one as Oberon doesn't qualify as a warframe anymore. Limbo being spoke of as someone with the power to not only alter and move through dimensions but he almost seems like he would be a master tactician but he's just 5 dollar box magician  who can stand in place unaffected. His trans-dimensional abilities actually only separate him from the rest of the frames

• Zephyr

Divebomb and tail wind should REALLY be one ability, and she should get a new second one. It feels like she has 3 abilities, not 4.

• Hydroid

His CC seems to be a more annoying one, where you can't hit enemies so well, he has long cast times, his 1 isn't a single handed ability like every other punch abilities (Soul punch, smite, freeze, shock, fireblast), his 2 is still dictated by duration, not range, and half the times the tentacles go in the wrong area. 

8 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

I'm frequently disappointed by chatframe.

Lies, chatframe provides us with the  ultimate ability;

Memes

8 minutes ago, Cris0407 said:

Limbo. Inaros. Nezha. Oberon. Hydroid.

Everyone of them BASED are useless ^_^

Are you sure about that? Nezha has decent cc, awesome speed and good damage, and Inaros is undying. 

22 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

1. Zephyr - Because tailwind is now obsolete IMO, due to bullet jump existing. I personally want Tailwind to be a toggle, giving you AW movement.

2. Limbo - I find some skills should be integrated TBH, or buffed (specifically Rift Surge). Minor gripe, opinionated.

I don't want to sound rude but you clearly haven't played enough with Zephyr to say that. It is the fastest way to move around as long as you aim it properly (aka don't fly head-first into walls). This is an ability that keeps Zephyr fun. If only they would fix turbulence not working versus hit-scan while jumping... but that is for another topic.

If you want to know what I mean with fastest way to get around, try double jumping while tailwind is active (find a big room first)

To me most disappointing frames (if that is the correct term to use) would be Hydroid, Oberon, Nezha and Limbo.

Hydroid, Oberon and Nezha are outclassed by other frames in most cases, though their themes are quite nice. Limbo is a bit awkward because of the no loot pickups and no interaction in the rift. I guess that's just not my frame...

As you mentioned Zephyr may be a letdown to some but to me she is my favorite. however I do agree she needs some work. First of all she needs turbulence fixed since it has been broken ever since the accuracy changes. Second she could do with more reliability on tornado (it's just too random where it goes and how much damage it does). Third divebomb needs a little tweaking, in my opinion just stop horizontal movement on activation but many think it should be replaced.

I could go on about the other frames too but I'll leave that to others since I don't use them often. Other than the occasional Nezha slide build which is fun but more of a hindrance than anything else.

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz
Typo

I'm not that disappointed with any frames, I do get slightly disappointed when some frames need to mod in a way that makes some powers useless, just so they can perform decently, I like to have 4 powers and be able to use them, but when they turn to be useles due to modding and tuning for them doesn't quite work for the Frame as a whole, yeah, kinda disappointing.

However, Chroma not having an actual passive disappoints me. :@

Sapping Ospry frame and Nullifier frame, these 2 need to be overhauled IMO, both of them are anti fun and most of the time the source of grief :(

Anyway, the reason you find some frames to be 'disappointing' is because DE did not put them through QoL grinder yet, wait for them to do that then take another look at them! 

3 minutes ago, zY_Spartan_Yz said:

I don't want to sound rude but you clearly haven't played enough with Zephyr to say that. It is the fastest way to move around as long as you aim it properly (aka don't fly head-first into walls). This is an ability that keep Zephyr fun. If only they would fix turbulence not working versus hitscan while jumping... but that is for another topic.

To me most disappointing frames (if that is the correct term to use) would be Hydroid, Oberon, Nezha and Limbo.

Hydroid, Oberon and nezha are outclassed by other frames in most cases, though their themes are quite nice. Limbo is a bit awkward because of the no loot pickups and non interaction in the rift. I guess that's just not my frame...

As you mentioned Zephyr may be a letdown to some but to me she is my favorite. however I do agree she needs some work. First of all she needs turbulence fixed since it has been broken ever since the accuracy changes. Second she could do with more reliability on tornado (it's just too random where it goes and how much damage it does). Third divebomb needs a little tweaking, in my opinion just stop horizontal movement on activation but many think it should be replaced.

I could go on about the other frames too but I'll leave that to others since I don't use them often. Other than the occasional nezha slide build which is fun but more of a hinderance than anything else.

oh but zephyr (before anything i main zephyr) may end useless compared to the new fairy frame, who has the exact mechanic zephyr should have for flying, and most people had been asking to be on for since movement 2.0 happened

31 minutes ago, AsuraKyu said:

as Oberon doesn't qualify as a warframe anymore.s

Why not, if I may ask?

35 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

1. Zephyr - [...] I personally want Tailwind to be a toggle, giving you AW movement.

That would be so cool.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Hydroid.

He's an inside-out frame to me (that could well just be me though...I'm sure some display proficiency with him)

First off, "he" should have been a "she". We already had a male water based frame in Frost.

...No biggie there though as female frames tend to be the stronger of the two as it is. 

Most of his powers force him to stand still but his attributes suggest he's movement or melee based. Likewise, his only reliable defense forces him to sit and do absolutely nothing...With Purpose!!!

The only ability I think they got mostly right was Tidal Surge.

Undertow works, but is not fun... That's my personal opinion. 

Tempest Barrage misses like crazy even in open field... It's typically only good for knocking enemies down and doesn't do that reliabley either.

Tentacle Swarm is a decent skill, but It doesn't feel like an Ultimate. 

Low armor, average health, and an average energy pool on a controller frame reliant on his powers for defense.  

Love the look overall (Ketos helm is probably my favorite of all alternate helmets in the game)  but he feels so clunky I don't mess with him much.

Edited by Padre_Akais

I was considerably disappointed with Atlas.

When I heard they were making a "Back-to-the-basics" "Punch-frame", I was overjoyed. I've been a fan of Fist weapons for a while, so a frame to support it as well was amazing.

Then I heard they were giving him stone/rock themes, and I was Freaking out with Hype. Stone and Rock are some of my favorite character themes, as they are usually represented with Immense durability and Power (at the cost of speed and ranged abilities).

Then he came out:

Passive: "YES!! I LOVE this frame! No more getting knocked down in the middle of a melee-spree!"

Landslide: "Oh, ok. I was expecting an exalted-blade, hysteria type thing, but this works too. I still love this frame!"

Rock Wall: "Wait, what? No Stone Armour? No Iron-skin clone? Not even a really good Armor Stat (Decent, but not great)? Eh...I guess it's not terrible...I still LIKE this frame"

Stone Gaze: "...What the heck! This is a "Medusa-frame" ability. It doesn't benefit Punching, it takes time away from melee...it's a waste!"

Rumblers: "...And now this. Yes, let's have a frame, based around punching people...and have his ultimate ability be to let OTHER characters do the Punching! Why!"

It was probably just the letdown from the Hype, but I haven't been able to "forgive" Atlas.