The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you play Warframe?

I play Warframe because I like the gameplay of combining guns, melee, and warframe abilities to decimate hordes of enemy. I run endless missions like survival and defense because they provide situations where I have to adapt or I won't make it far. The rewards that drop at every 5waves/mins are just icing on the cake. My real reward is that I have fun playing the game. So I ask you, fellow Tenno, why do you play Warframe? Is it the same as I or are you here for the loot? If for loot, why don't you play other games like Diablo or Borderlands? If you think the game is "grindy", why don't you move on to another game where loot is less grindy? If you don't enjoy playing Warframe, then why are you torturing yourself? 

I want to ask this question to allow some to take a step back, clear the mind, and realize if Warframe is the right game to play.

good developers/team they actually talk to you and don't ignore you 

wonderful graphics

updates are constant

and they didn't stab me in the back like destiny °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Edited by (XB1)Itz chibi

It just provides endless fun. There are just so many things to do and collect. If you play the game as intended and progress at a normal rate you will never run out of stuff to do. The game is a grind but it's a grind that you can chose to ignore in many cases(Syndicates and Focus for example). 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • is cooperative and has online multiplayer
  • has a great community
  • is sci-fi, which I like
  • is inspirational
  • is unique
  • is one of the best games I've ever played.

Pretty much this. As a Mass Effect fan I was looking for something post-ME3, found Warframe and never looked back.

What originally attracted me to Warframe were the fancy sci-fi graphics and fast pace space ninja's. What got me addicted was the amount of options. So many frame, weapon and mod combinations. What keeps me playing are constant updates and changes to the game. 

At the moment, I'm addicted to Ducats. The more I can get, the better. When the void fatigue perks up, I'll grab a weapon I barley use, throw 4-6 forma on it and jump into a sortie. (don't get stuck in a rut :D)

its a personal reason for me

I started warframe a few years back when it launched on console, but due to the ..tutorial system i did not get into it  then and uninstalled v. v ; (<--shame on you D:< ) 

I then went back to COD, BF#, destiny, ect ....

after having less and less fun with games that were coming out , and getting angry with the lot in general ....I almost stoped playing games entirely (-. -)  i was just so...fed up with them

then some vet warframer friends got me to re-download and try it again swearing it would be the answer to my game dilemma, they then taught and trained me in the ways of the tenno  

now im closing in on my goal of MR 20 ..honestly I just want the load out slots...  ;)

and now my friends and I now get into debates xD all the time on topics of this game

so its more that ive grown to love this game & its community , the game is well done in graphics and play style, smooth flowing combat movement of the frames, the long list of frames to choose and powers/weapons ect. there is a lot to do. but its still developing and ever growng 

the melee combat and variation of combinations of tactics and mechanics is very fun to play with for me

partially why i do so many designs and such is I truly just want to give back to the the community 

my goal is to make/design something that further improves the game or player experience 

thats the truth tenno 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • is cooperative and has online multiplayer
  • has a great community
  • is sci-fi, which I like
  • is inspirational
  • is unique
  • is one of the best games I've ever played.

Pretty much what this guy said. I would add one point. The developers are great. Sure they make mistakes, but they're only human. They listen to our feedback, which is something very few others do.

I prefer 3rd person games, and Warframe has great art direction and is easy to pick up and play whenever you feel like causing a little mayhem.

I appreciate DE's willingness to engage the community, and I find the devstreams/watching the game evolve very interesting.

Even after countless hours playing, I still had a great time over the past few days farming and crafting the new prime stuff, mostly because of the nice folks I joined up with via the recruiting tab.

I joined because it's a game that features the following positive traits:

Spoiler

• Not-necessarily human player character
  • Features a viable melee option
  • Features a Z-axis to movement (Can't stand not Jumping...)
  • Gives a sense of empowerment
  • Very replayable
  • Multiplayer
  • Free-to-Play, but not Pay-to-Win.

After playing it, however, I stay because:

Spoiler
  • Inside jokes (Tenno skoom! Clem! Grakata!)
  • Community is mostly non-toxic
  • Dev's have ears!
  • Lore is a mess, but a very intriguing mess
  • The reasons why I joined are still there
  • ... Gotta keep playing ... to get that ... *Insert hard to get item here*
  • Oberon. (Seriously, I at one point grew burnt out, I was planning on quitting. But I came crawling back after realizing that I miss playing as good-ol' Obe's)

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

good developers/team they actually talk to you and don't ignore you 

wonderful graphics

updates are constant

and they didn't stab me in the back like destiny °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

1 minute ago, PlumeXI said:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ such a sad story