The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I see no reason in playing sorties anymore.

TeaBegging

You introduce a high level content to challenge the community and yet the rewards that are given are pretty much pointless.

Can anybody give me a reason to do these sorties. I clearly love the ones that actually have a boss battle since that's actually the only one that could be fun to play with. But aside those I literary see no reason playing them.

Especially the ones with boring long repetitive missions. Such as Defence/Survival/Excavation. And clearly with the recent prime added to the game DE decides to give us multiple sorties with excavation to 'counter' the cost. Just gives me another reason not to play these missions.

I really start to worry about the game, increasing in materials that are obtainable only by one mission- type. They say they want diversity so people would burn out less, and yet they create these high build requirements and highly annoying resources just to build frames. This has gone over to sorties now no DE this is not how you solve the issue adding more resource grind won't fix anything if not it will demotivate players.

I guess sorties isn't aimed for high level players, because once you attained the event weapons you miss there is clearly no point in playing them. To qualify at something decent you have to mark out all the junk first. At the pace the sortie mission diversity is going is most likely 2 'endless" mission types daily. The cycles will continue with the same rewards over and over to a point that you shouldn't even look up for sorties, which is the case right now.

I don't play sorties for:
1 Lenses: TERRIBLE rewards. Ship them over to the void trader. Better Ducat sink.
2 Nezha parts: At this point everybody has a full set. A.k.a plain junk.
3 Event weapons: Separated in 4 parts making it the most annoying thing to seek after clearing other junks. Once you got them all no point if having more of them.
4 Catalyst and Reactor Blueprint: Play an entire daily sortie for a blueprint JOLLY Mate.
5 Exilus slot: I Don't even want to give a opinion on this one.

The only reasonable rewards are the cores.
Have participated daily till sortie season 6. After that couldn't bother any more. 
Still no legendary core to this day.

This was my 2 cents, feel free to add yours as well.

1. To get the limited free single set of lenses.

2. Sell Nezha set

3. Sell Dera Vandal, eventhough I hear it's meh.

4. Chance at getting legendary core.

Wether you like it or not that will be a general draw of these sorties for some people.

I feel you, but hope the season is short and apprecuate that you don't have to pray to RNGesus to get anything specific this time.

Edited by Madway7

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Play them for fun  maybe? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for some people?

How is doing same repetitive "endless" missions without any challenge considering fun to you? I played plenty of missions like these and the fun part is gone for me. Can't enjoy them any more.

Edit: In fact I try to avoid them, but sadly these excavations keep popping because of vauban prime build requirements.

Edited by TeaBegging

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

so basically, you did sorties too much and are bored of them, they ARE optional for a reason

While they are optional maybe we can keep them from becoming like conclave, Archwing, Raids, planet nodes, etc. a.k.a. Rarely played by most regular players.

Edited by rawr1254

5 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

so basically, you did sorties too much and are bored of them, they ARE optional for a reason

I guess you are new to the game, once you become a veteran. and most likely get everything you are kinda left with sorties. And when you realize that is going downhill as well you will understand my stand point.

I only do sorties if I'm missing the weapon they give. Luckily I only missed Dera Vandal and Snipetron Vandal and season 6 and 7 had/has them, but after I got 2 Legendary cores last season trying to get Snipetron Vandal I guess trying to get more wont hurt my economy.

Edited by residente

4 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

I guess you are new to the game, once you become a veteran. and most likely get everything you are kinda left with sorties. And when you realize that is going downhill as well you will understand my stand point.

I'm a veteran and I can understand you a bit. Sadly Theres cores. Theres your reason to keep grinding.

Sorties need a token system. With it, you would be able to buy more common stuff, like lenses, Nezha parts, weapon parts. Then, you could have random rare rewards drop after completing all 3 missions - legendary cores, some cosmetics, maybe even arcanes, as an alternative to trials.

This is why I said the second it happened that putting greater lenses in the market for 40p doomed sorties before they even had a chance to have life. They took a potentially great thing and just flushed it straight down the toilet instantly. If greater lenses on the market didn't exist there would always be a market for lenses and they wouldn't feel like a "worthless" reward.

I took a break with sorties from the half of season 5 (checked everything in the list) to sortie 6 day 1.

It wasn't fun anymore, getting the same reward again and again. I used to play those missions for fun until I started to get frustrated at not getting anything else. Not even a catalyst in all the sorties I played (and I missed only a few before my break).

Truth is, at some point, there are no other challenge you can get without spending a stupid amount of time killing meaningless mobs. And it was quite refreshing getting back to those missions and playing them for fun again. My advice, since this season doesn't bring anything new, just take a break and come back for next season.

Also, having fun sometimes means not going out in sortie with the meta equipped.

Edited by matto

Played the first one for Dera Vandal and was bored doing it. Played the last season for Snipetron Vandal and was also bored doing that. The debuffs are all that fun and the mission modes are either repetitive or you actually get some flavor.

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Play them for fun  maybe? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for some people?

Agree - play for fun.

Think of other forms of entertainment, a novel, movie, music - you enjoy them for the ride (not some reward). Same for games, savor the journey, not the destination.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Pretty much every sortie I've been in has just been rush the objective, rush to extraction. Hell, yesterday we had someone basically 1 shot the jackal and then run out. The sortie missions aren't fun, they are just another thing that exists that you can see exactly what rewards you can get. I wouldn't mind the sortie missions if they would catagorize the rewards into things like:

• Quickest player (first one to reach both the objective and extraction, or in excavation it is whoever reaches the most objectives first): can pick 1 from either the warframe parts, silver cores or exilus adapter
  • Tank (most dmg recieved w/o being downed/killed): can pick 1 from either the weapon parts, silver cores or exilus adapter
  • Stronk (most damage dealt): can pick 1 from either the catylist, reactor, silver cores or weapon part
  • Sharpshooter (highest fire acc with at least 50 shots fired): can pick 1 from either lenses, silver cores or weapon part
  • MVP (player must get highest dmg, fire acc, least dmg taken, 0 downs/deaths and do the most dmg to boss): can pick 2 from reward list along with higher chance for legendary core to appear in table (raised from 0.167% to 0.5%). If legendary core is picked, it is the only item that can be selected
  • Players who do not acheive any of the above continue with the current random reward system
  • Does not apply to solo. If two players tie for the same title, the title will be given to the player with the lower MR or total affinity (MR 10 w/ 114k affinity will get reward instead of MR 19 w/ 389k affinity)

If they did something like that, then it could be fun, more competitive, and discourage players from rushing through missions just for a reward.

26 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There's no fun anymore. It's season 7. And on top of that, NO new rewards like... what is this mockery?

As a 3 year veteran with everything in WF and a stockpile of about 3k gold cores, i can tell you I am not participating in this season of sorties because there is no point. You can disagree with me, you can tell me gold cores and lenses are valuable, but I'm telling you, its a waste of time for me to do the sorties. I could farm plat from the PA and buy more gold cores for less time invested.

DE is doing what they ALWAYS do. They introduce a system, let it rot, stagnate, and forget about it. They'll polish it in 3-4 years and we'll play it again for 2 months until its pointless again.

Nightmare mode, Trials, Archwing, Kubrows, Void rotations, Simaris, Focus, Syndicates, Channeling,  to name a few other examples of this trend.

Edited by Skaleek
Added extra useless systems.