Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How feasible is it for a small clan to complete all research from scratch?

Ifeno

Question

Hello!  I have been playing this game for ~800 hours now but have never found myself interested in joining a clan.  I am generally outgoing, but find that I have burnt out on clan style gaming.  However, I have recently recruited several of my real life friend group to playing Warframe.  They're all really enjoying the game, but are still very new to it.  Several of them are wanting to access gear from the tenno research lab, however, due to extreme social anxiety (very common all but myself and a few others in my group) are too afraid to join a clan of strangers and have thus requested that we create a clan of our own.  So we did!  We're sitting at 6 members, expecting to hit 7 once our other friend gets her computer fixed.

Now to my question:  Is it feasible for 1 older and 5-6 very new players to complete all the research?  I realize it will take a long time simply due to the wait time requirements, but I'm asking about it from a resource requirement / dojo management standpoint.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Ifeno

24 answers to this question

I've been curious for a while, so I scraped the wiki page and added up the cost of all research in the Tenno, Chem, Energy, and Bio labs (Numbers are for Ghost clans):

Antiserum Injector Fragment 600
Alloy Plate 36400
Argon Crystal 3
Circuits 8040
Control Module 18
Credits 852400
Cryotic 36650
Nitain Extract 19
Detonite Ampule 175
Detonite Injector 12
Ferrite 81000
Fieldron 12
Fieldron Sample 319
Gallium 33
Morphics 13
Mutagen Mass 12
Mutagen Sample 435
Nano Spores 77650
Neural Sensors 8
Neurodes 14
Orokin Cell 3
Oxium 3775
Plastids 28540
Polymer Bundle 82750
Rubedo 8267
Salvage 33210
Tellurium 24
Void Traces 4

Edited by Buff00n
Updated with Dark split sword, Amesha, Elytron, Okina, Kavat segment, Dragon keys

If you can call yourself a veteran, then you should be able to complete all the researches in the lab by yourself in 1 week or less. (Excluding the pigments)

Plus if you have your friends to help you, then yeah its really doable with a small clan.

Edited by Calwon5

I have rebuilt my entire ghost clan two times, it was easy to complete the research and as others said since you have 800 hours in the game you could pretty much solo all the resource costs ( except for some nitain).

7 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Hello!  I have been playing this game for ~800 hours now but have never found myself interested in joining a clan.  I am generally outgoing, but find that I have burnt out on clan style gaming.  However, I have recently recruited several of my real life friend group to playing Warframe.  They're all really enjoying the game, but are still very new to it.  Several of them are wanting to access gear from the tenno research lab, however, due to extreme social anxiety (very common all but myself and a few others in my group) are too afraid to join a clan of strangers and have thus requested that we create a clan of our own.  So we did!  We're sitting at 6 members, expecting to hit 7 once our other friend gets her computer fixed.

Now to my question:  Is it feasible for 1 vet and 5-6 very new players to complete all the research?  I realize it will take a long time simply due to the wait time requirements, but I'm asking about it from a resource requirement / dojo management standpoint.

Thank you very much!

Well, smaller clans have lower resource requirements depending on clan rank and number of members. Assuming you're all active, it shouldn't be too difficult. If you consider yourself a vet, I'd imagine you could probably do it by yourself with little help. Good luck!

With a single Vet you can pretty much do it in the minimum amount of time the researches allow (6~9days?). Specially since you know how things work, worst case scenario will be stuff like the Tellurium or Cryotic. You either already have it stocked or you know how to farm it and can enjoy your time showing the new guys how it's farmed.

The research costs scales with which group you're in so a Ghost clan has a much smaller cost than say a Mountain clan.

With that said, I cannot speak about the viability personally, as I've never done it, but I hear many small clans make great strides in Dojo research completion.

Ghost clan = meh when it comes to cost of everything.

Moon clan = WHY DE O WHY when it comes to everything.

You should be ok and if everyone pool their resources then you are worrying too much, brother :)

Start something (decoration/ research) and ask others to contribute something if you are lacking and if everyone are low on resources then its time to farm it, if 4 of you are farming together than you are getting 4X of everything you need, just in case over farm everything, nobody knows when DE will release the next research for Dojo and how much/ what it will cost! 

Be greedy farmer!

Another solo clan here with all research done.  It's definitely doable, and doesn't even take that long if you have all the resources ready.  Without rushing any rooms you can go from start to finish in less than three weeks.  Check out the very bottom of the wiki page for a decent example of a minimal dojo layout that includes all the labs.  

Anecdotally, I'd say the most limiting resource for research is Polymer Bundles; just about everything needs a little bit, and a few things need a lot.  You'll also need a couple hundred K credits, Like 8-10 each of Fieldrons, Detonite Injectors, and Mutagen Masses, 16 Forma for the minimal dojo layout plus a trading post, and 3 more Forma if you actually want to finish the currently pointless Orokin Lab research.

It's very feasible. The vast majority of the construction and research in my clan was funded by two people, with the rest chipping in mostly for harder things such as Nitain and, when we were all taking our first steps, forma.

Well, my clan had maybe 5-6 active people around the time Dojo costs became not-stupid. Over the course of time, we researched absolutely everything available at the time, and then proceeded to build a 99-room Dojo. We now have a Shadow Clan of our friends, and still only 5-6 of us play it regularly. So yeah, it's entirely reasonable.

it is not bad at all. i have done and still do it for my ghost clan consisting of my wife and friends ive convinced to play WF. i told my wife and friends in the clan to keep their resources for crafting items and ill handle the dojo tech. they contribute what they can (if its not already filled by me). new stuff hits the dojo and its usually researching within an hour or so

1 hour ago, Ifeno said:

Now to my question:  Is it feasible for 1 older and 5-6 very new players to complete all the research?  I realize it will take a long time simply due to the wait time requirements, but I'm asking about it from a resource requirement / dojo management standpoint.

Thank you very much!

Pretty much. If you want, you could fund it all yourself TBH. I made my own research clan and have gotten almost everything except for the most rare-resource intensive research items like the Tenno nunchucks, because I needed the neurodes for manufacturing a large amount of Forma and prime junks.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)vamp6x6x6x said:

If you are all active it is very possible...it just may take a  while based on how much you actually play.

The only real challenge I see you guys might have is Wukong...

Considering there's 7 of them, getting all of Wukong's Nitain needs aren't that hard if they work together.