Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets discuss the nullifiers

GTX49

9 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

They could change the mechanics for bubble dispersal and I think most of the complaints I see would be resolved.

DE could probably take a good long look at their mechanics, but personally I can't think of a way to change them that would not make them die too quickly or become too hard and even worse.

35 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I heard something about the Miter getting an augment to insta pop their bubbles. So if they get removed that won't be a thing...

An augment that should never exist in the first place. A band-aid mod for an incredibly sparsely used weapon to counter an extremely band-aid enemy. You want something specific to nullifiers? Make it so that every single sniper shot (or weapons with above a certain damage value) goes right through nullibubbles. Make it so that there's no damage cap on their shields, nor a cap on their shrinking rate. Or make it so that their shields don't stop bullets at all.

Just now, CommanderSpawn said:

Am I the only one that don't have a problem with nullifiers?

I simply melee them and they die, I don't find them hard at all...

Though with certain frames like Inaros and Chroma (at higher levels) it would be suicide to melee them.

Also sometimes Bombards and Heavy Gunners end up in their bubbles.

But the main annoyance I have with them is their bubbles clipping through solid objects.

40 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Boost comba spawns, remove nullifiers. Nullifiers are a lazy, boring, poorly-designed unit.

Comba are even worst, they insta dispell you and do insane damages, but yeah, since they are not in the void i am fine with this :l

They should just reduce the nulifier shield range and health by 75%

And add a new type of nulifier, one with a sniper that stay away and don't come close range and one with a corpus shootgun who come close range, so they also give us a new corpus shootgun for MR :3

Just now, DoomFruit said:

An augment that should never exist in the first place. A band-aid mod for an incredibly sparsely used weapon to counter an extremely band-aid enemy. You want something specific to nullifiers? Make it so that every single sniper shot (or weapons with above a certain damage value) goes right through nullibubbles. Make it so that there's no damage cap on their shields, nor a cap on their shrinking rate. Or make it so that their shields don't stop bullets at all.

But then slap on punch through on most weapons and you can get the same result, unless it becomes a sniper specific thing... which would be ok, but snipers would still be meh in my eyes.

As some weapons can reach high amounts of damage their bubbles would probably become redundant since they can't hold up against a few shots of most well modded weapons.

So removing the damage cap or ahrinking rate would just make them too easy I believe. At that point I would say just remove them.

1 minute ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

IDK. Nullifiers are not a big deal. If you are concerned about them just use sepicialized tools to deal with them. For example: 

This statement and video just show how badly designed nullifiers are. They don't just nullify abilities, they nullify entire weapon classes as well. They nullify entire content entries. They limit diversity.

3 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

IDK. Nullifiers are not a big deal. If you are concerned about them just use sepicialized tools to deal with them. For example: 

Any other specialized tools out there?

55 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

As far as i know, the nullifiers were brought to reduce the "Press 4 to Win" mentality around, but now the devs are reworking such skills to kill that "Press 4 to Win" 

This leads to one question.. Should the nullifiers stay or be removed or moved to a future nightmare raid?

IMHO, they should function similar to Grineer Blunts. They should be a deployable item drop from an Elite unit, that is ultimately stationary. 

As they are now they are annoying as all hell. Nullifiers deploy their bubble a distance from the players and walk forwards, and by the time they get to you, 5 bombards, 100 heavy gunners, and ten thousand Shield Ospreys are all camped inside raining hell on your unsuspecting arse. 

In a similar fashion, Arctic Eximus' should function similarly, except the unit deploys the sphere, and get rooted in place. Kill the unit, you kill the eximus and his snow globe.

34 minutes ago, DaedricToast666 said:

they dont one shot you with a sniper and you can melee or use other types of weapons on them

Combas oneshot faaaar earlier than a Nullifier will even think of doing that. Not only that, but they have AoE and shoot faster. Not only that, but they move like an Osprey that decided to switch life up a little and try crack instead of alcohol.

8 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

IDK. Nullifiers are not a big deal. If you are concerned about them just use sepicialized tools to deal with them.

It's fantastic that you can hang out invisible and kill them at leisure. Now try that with Banshee and see how you fare.

5 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Any other specialized tools out there?

Anything with a high RoF will wreck their bubbles faster than they can shrink.
Mutalist Cernos is a giant middle finger to them, last I saw.
I believe Torid can still wreck them, if you plop a thing down in front of the bubble.
If you're willing to equip a melee that's literal hot garbage, the Twin Basolk's Rift Strike utterly ignores the bubble and usually does enough damage to kill them since they're pretty squish.

Nullifiers could have a bit of give on the bubble. I'd consider these tweaks:

• Bubble only stops Offensive Abilities and Buffs on Teammates
  • Bubble has a slightly longer time to start regrowing, once popped
  • Shotguns being able to reduce the bubble faster with their multiple pellets
  • Sniper Rifles being able to penetrate the Bubble at reduced damage

And Nullies should be shotgun wielders themselves IMHO. So plausible to wield Detron, Convectrix or better yet a new energy Shotgun!

Nha, they're fine. They need buffs. Nullifier with nervos, they should also throw grenades and flashbangs and have homing shots with punchthrough.
They should email your friends pics of your junk, tell your boss to shove it, and give yous stds'. Nullifiers should empty your cash account, and format your drives setting the house on fire while at it. They should fart on you cushion and salt your lands. Nullifiers should cut your hair like Trump's and make you orange. They should Make you lick the bottom part of lampposts in the winter and run back and forth through road tolls all day while ordering stuff from ebay in your name. Nullifiers should cook all your meals which would be haggis and embaress you in public.

But honestly, yeah it gets tedious some time. The idea of the shield that limits heavy hits is fine by me, the Immortal in Starcraft basically, great vs big hits, weak against smallarms. Maybe somthing with projectile type could be experimented with? The problem also lies in the capabilities the enemy has to counter powers, which they pretty much didn't have at all when they came out. If they had "casters" that could clease the area or heal/buff them it would be different.

The leech osprey has that thing that sucks out your shield, could be the same with powers, maybe fewer but slightly harder to take off. Easy for allies to get off, but harder for yourself.

Weakpoints on the nullifier would help, maybe a group of rotating shields, if you consistantly hit the same "block" multiple time it would go down quickly.
Shields could also be stronger at the front and weaker at the back, promoting flanking them. Their nullification could be conebased or focused (ie: they would target 1 player or a small area). They could pulse, so that you could time your close range attacks not getting every skill canceled stepping into the nullification field. They could have a "growing effect" that would start as soon as you came close enough (ie you cant cast new skills), but it would stop when you left - however if you stayed to long the effects would become more severe canceling out ongoing skills, breaking stealth or ironskin etc. Maybe even burning shields in the end?

There are lots of things to try, but I guess the point is to not have everything at once. Having various weapons should open up for various ways to cope with the enemy.

Nullifiers are pathetically easy, sure they are annoying and you have to go out of your way to kill them, but the fact is they are still easy, even on sorties. Just dedicate one guy on your team to target the nullifiers, thats usually me and all I have to do is carve them up. They are an annoyance, nothing else, besides, Corpus are mean't to be a pain. Look at their units.

Edited by AurumandArgentum
Grammar

25 minutes ago, clemza said:

Comba are even worst, they insta dispell you and do insane damages, but yeah, since they are not in the void i am fine with this :l

They should just reduce the nulifier shield range and health by 75%

And add a new type of nulifier, one with a sniper that stay away and don't come close range and one with a corpus shootgun who come close range, so they also give us a new corpus shootgun for MR :3

At least comba aren't bland rubbish.

Personally, just remove their abilities to cancel powers when inside their bubbles. Just prevent them from working, but keep them active until the end of a power's duration. Nullifiers are a pain in the &#! for close-combat frames, I vote to keep them, but rework the power cancellation.

They can stay, but they could be balanced a little better. Just a couple things that could improve them:

1) Nullifiers shouldn't activate their bubble until they've been alerted to you or alarms have been triggered. It makes no sense for them to be walking around, going about their day with their bubble fully active when they're not even aware if there's a Tenno on the ship. Granted, it's an illogical game, but still. It'd make at least a little more sense.

2) Shooting their bubble generator should not only destroy the bubble, but keep it from regenerating. Busted generators don't work too well after all.

3) The way objects are treated in regards to taking damage is... a little strange. Especially bubbles. A bunch of hits takes it down quicker than a single powerful shot. Makes little sense for the entire magazine of an unmodded Akzani to somehow do the job better than a 5-Forma Opticor. Really needs to be based on the damage the bubble takes, not the number of hits.

Those three things would allow them to keep Nullifiers without them being a huge headache, and at least be a little more intelligently designed. Would also encourage stealth and sniping to prevent Nullifiers from ever activating, or the YOLO mentality of running up to the Nullifier and beating it up. Granted, most people would go straight for the Nullifier and ignore the pack, but it'd be a nice quality-of-life thing.

I rather Nullifiers play a more sacrificial role where they take reduced damage from abilities but they will tank damage from abilities affecting their allies.

As such, they will blow up if they try to be a hero tanking damage for 10+ enemies who are being assaulted by abilities.

Also : the friggin bubble has to go. Period. 

3 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

They can stay, but they could be balanced a little better. Just a couple things that could improve them:

1) Nullifiers shouldn't activate their bubble until they've been alerted to you or alarms have been triggered. It makes no sense for them to be walking around, going about their day with their bubble fully active when they're not even aware if there's a Tenno on the ship. Granted, it's an illogical game, but still. It'd make at least a little more sense.

2) Shooting their bubble generator should not only destroy the bubble, but keep it from regenerating. Busted generators don't work too well after all.

3) The way objects are treated in regards to taking damage is... a little strange. Especially bubbles. A bunch of hits takes it down quicker than a single powerful shot. Makes little sense for the entire magazine of an unmodded Akzani to somehow do the job better than a 5-Forma Opticor. Really needs to be based on the damage the bubble takes, not the number of hits.

Those three things would allow them to keep Nullifiers without them being a huge headache, and at least be a little more intelligently designed. Would also encourage stealth and sniping to prevent Nullifiers from ever activating, or the YOLO mentality of running up to the Nullifier and beating it up. Granted, most people would go straight for the Nullifier and ignore the pack, but it'd be a nice quality-of-life thing.

this plus the bubbles not clipping through walls anymore

Idk why everyone have so much problems with them. Of course when you have ultimates that can obliterate whole map there must be enemies to counter that. And nullifiers are not that hard to deal with really

Just throwing my hat in the "They're really not that bad" pile. They only "limit your gear options" if you are of of the people above who clearly despise nullifiers. If you kill them without a second thought however, they're really not limiting at all.

That being said, I'm not against power suppression over negation, or perhaps the idea that you have to be in the bubble for X amount of time for your abilities to negate. (like 2-4 seconds)

maybe even like 1-3 seconds

Edited by KittyDarkling