Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8 Test Too Difficult

llls1cKb0ylll

Question

Hey guys

Just unlocked Mastery Rank 8 Test, been practicing for about 3hs and I cant even make it to the end. My major problem is that the jumping mechanics seems kinda random and I cant make the same jump twice without getting a different animation/range.

I play on PC with a xbox gamepad, made a Loki build with maxed Rush, Mobilize, Strech and Maglev.

Past tests been kinda easy but idk why they put this one with this high difficulty at a mid rank level. 

If anyone can give me some tips on how to pass it ill apreciate it.

Cheers

PS: Been playing for 2 weeks and I'm so pissed off right now that Im really thinking in just quiting. You play a game for entertainment, not to be pissed of about it.

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

had a look at the wiki, and i think they have the wrong test up.

but if the test requires air mobility, you could give zephyr a try, just hold right click mid air, and you'll have more time to react to what enver is going on.

you can also use her first skill to fly upwards if you screw up, as long as you use an energy pad before you begin the test

Its basic give it a couple of more tries, since im assuming you only took it once, just never give up to easily. Try some tutorials in youtube about the movements and how you can manipulate actions like sprint crouching, bullet jumping, wall jumping, air rolling and air gliding your way out of the test. I personaly never used a controller since keyboard seems straight forward on the movements. Hope you can pass it on the next retake 

Good luck Tenno

-Lethalness

Just now, trieuazn0 said:

had a look at the wiki, and i think they have the wrong test up.

but if the test requires air mobility, you could give zephyr a try, just hold right click mid air, and you'll have more time to react to what enver is going on.

you can also use her first skill to fly upwards if you screw up, as long as you use an energy pad before you begin the test

already took a look on the wiki, forums and saw some videos and they make it seems easy.

yea i use right click (LT in xbox gamepad) for slowing the time in mid air thing is mostly the last jump to the high platform, it says that i should do an upwards bullet jump and then with right click get to it but the bullet jump doesnt go high enough.

oh and skills/powers are blocked

Ah, rank 8, I remember being stuck on that for a while (it was using the wall run map still, so parkour 2.0 didn't work well on it)

I think this is the video you are after as a guide to get past it, also keep in mind, you still get affinity, your rank will just stay at 8 until you pass the test, so don't feel over pressured to pass it right away

Rank 8 Test 18.5 change

If that is the wrong one, all the tests with videos can be found here and you can also practice at any relay (from your post, sounds like you have been doing this)

Edited by Zergoss

4 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

already took a look on the wiki, forums and saw some videos and they make it seems easy.

yea i use right click (LT in xbox gamepad) for slowing the time in mid air thing is mostly the last jump to the high platform, it says that i should do an upwards bullet jump and then with right click get to it but the bullet jump doesnt go high enough.

oh and skills/powers are blocked

You can Double jump out of your bullet jump hope this helps

10 minutes ago, Zergoss said:

Ah, rank 8, I remember being stuck on that for a while (it was using the wall run map still, so parkour 2.0 didn't work well on it)

I think this is the video you are after as a guide to get past it, also keep in mind, you still get affinity, your rank will just stay at 8 until you pass the test, so don't feel over pressured to pass it right away

Rank 8 Test 18.5 change

If that is the wrong one, all the tests with videos can be found here and you can also practice at any relay (from your post, sounds like you have been doing this)

yea already saw like 5 videos, found out there used to be another test (that seems easier) and yea been practicing on the relay for 3hs... idk why while practicing u only have 4 tries and if u fail it counts as missions failed in your stats...

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

I retook this test since the advanced parkour update and I found it is as simple as shoot and bullet jump/aim glide. If you are having trouble, try taking the advanced movement tutorial again then practice the test more. I was stuck on it a bit back before we had things like bullet jump or aim glide. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

I think everyone gets stuck on the MR8 test.  For me, it was constantly slipping off the wall just before the final platform.  I think I kept trying for almost two weeks before managing to pass it.

What part are you getting stuck on; not enough time, can't see the platforms...?

When I did this test I was doing it with a mobilized loki and failing...then I did it with a standard mesa and passed first try...going fast is not necessary for this test...in fact if your like me speed might not be good because you tend to over shoot things due to being used to a normal moving frame.

Well after 3hs practicing i made it 1st try, it was all about the bullet jump and aiming to the top

still thinks its a very difficult test for this rank

thx everyone for the tips and the help, really apreciate it

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

1 minute ago, Arthan said:

You just have to get good mate, stop complaining and play the damn game.

This.

Also, advice/s.

- Remove maglev, unless you are used to it.
- Get ALL the rush mods out there if needed (armored agility, speed drift, sprint boost, rush).
- Parkour mods are optional.
- Bring a shotgun, for easier aiming.
- Bullet jump at ~45 degrees, not directly above.
- Don't stop for anything, even if you missed a bubble/target.

Ran it thrice, didn't fail once (using a stealth Loki + speed drift only), with +20s to spare.

Anyway, the eighth test is harder than every one before it. Then it gets easier. One just keeps trying until it's done with.

My problem with it was depth perception. I had a hard time judging distances because of the "virtual reality" graphics.

36 minutes ago, Arthan said:

You just have to get good mate, stop complaining and play the damn game.

hey made it 1st try so dont think im that bad anyway all the practice and tips i got helped me with the game and learnt some new skills 

and yes i have the right to complain, just take a look around and u will see that a lot of people have problems passing this test

38 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

This.

Also, advice/s.

- Remove maglev, unless you are used to it.
- Get ALL the rush mods out there if needed (armored agility, speed drift, sprint boost, rush).
- Parkour mods are optional.
- Bring a shotgun, for easier aiming.
- Bullet jump at ~45 degrees, not directly above.
- Don't stop for anything, even if you missed a bubble/target.

Ran it thrice, didn't fail once (using a stealth Loki + speed drift only), with +20s to spare.

thx for the tips, already made it

the trick was the bullet jump at 45 degrees

22 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

hey made it 1st try so dont think im that bad anyway all the practice and tips i got helped me with the game and learnt some new skills 

and yes i have the right to complain, just take a look around and u will see that a lot of people have problems passing this test

Why do the devs have to change the game to suit your ineptitude?

1 hour ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Right there is where your problem was. Mastery tests basically require you to know the basics of a specific part of the game. If you are unaware or don't use them (inept if you are being crass), you will have problems, like you did. The problem isn't with the game it was with your playstyle, having adjusted your playstyle you were able to get through it easily.

So, honestly, when it comes down to it. Where should the complaint be aimed? At DE for making it so people become aware and capable of using the "basics" of the game, or yourself for never trying to use the "basics" before this point? It was a failing on your end, not theirs right?

MR 8 in 2 weeks, gotta love Draco... Just keep practicing the parkour movement system mate, it's probably because you're very new at the game and haven't been jumping around much. Most of us are used to the Parkour system by now which is why it seems simple for us.

Also if you think that one's bad just wait till MR 11 which should be about a week at your current progress.

Edited by Zilchy

3 hours ago, Wopel said:

Right there is where your problem was. Mastery tests basically require you to know the basics of a specific part of the game. If you are unaware or don't use them (inept if you are being crass), you will have problems, like you did. The problem isn't with the game it was with your playstyle, having adjusted your playstyle you were able to get through it easily.

So, honestly, when it comes down to it. Where should the complaint be aimed? At DE for making it so people become aware and capable of using the "basics" of the game, or yourself for never trying to use the "basics" before this point? It was a failing on your end, not theirs right?

Aimed at Draco for "standing still" syndrome lol

It seems a lot of people have problems with this test, while in truth it's one of the easiest tests out there. It isn't timed, it doesn't rely on luck, weapons, mods or frames - you can do it with any frame, any weapon, without any mods installed. It all comes down to knowing the basic movement methods, and once you've completed it once, you will not fail it again.

In particular, it seems that people get stuck on the last jump: The last jump can be made by bullet jumping: Crouch, and while crouched, aim almost directly up/slightly towards the final plaltform (but not directly at it, or you'll hit it's bottom). AIM by holding right mouse button (I've been told this increases your bullet jump height/distance, but you should be able to do it even without aiming) and THEN press space/jump. Press space/jump again when you reach the peak of your jump to get a bit of extra distance&forward momentun, and aim/right click to aimglide, and you should reach the platform with ease.

So: Hold crouch&aim, aim almost directly up and slightly towards the platform, press jump (and release crouch&aim), press jump again mid-air, and press glide to reach the platform.

Personally, I think MR3 test was the hardest out of the first 10 tests, because 1. it's timed, 2. it relies a lot on luck - some enemies are easier than others to kill with melee and 3. it gets hectic at times, requiring quick thinking and snap decisions, instead of careful thought and calculated actions. I had my melee weapon potatoed, fully modded&all mods max ranked, knew how to perform slam, slide, charge attacks, blocks, channeling, and still was able to complete it only about every second try or 2 tries out of 3.