Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

First, make team members more visible. add friendly fire. A big cluster of kicks and charges is dumb in a big pile. If you knock down a team member, you get tangled up and get knocked down with them.

There is even a lot of unnecessary melee spam no where near the ball. its annoying and unsportsmanlike. So there are three zones. sun, center, moon. If the ball is not within that zone. Melee against an opposing team member should slow you down as there are no penalties currently for being annoying.

(you know profanity was auto garbled right?)

Edited by Firetempest
removed profanity

Lunaro is pretty fun so far from what i have played but its also very hard if you play with randoms. Of course it should be expected that the team with better communication win but it would be nice if some form of basic quick communication was made.

Matches can also get pretty confusing with 8 Tenno on the field. The game mode only just came out but it gets pretty chaotic quickly because everyone chases after the ball and most people ive seen so far dont throw to team mates. I think Lunaro could be alot more enjoyable if there was a option for choosing if we want to participate in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 match.

Also the ball seems to have some issues with registering hits. I threw the ball forward only for it to immediately be grabbed by my Arcata again and there have also been times where everyone swarmed to the ball where i got it but attempts to throw the ball away fails because it somehow ends up in a team mates Arcata even if they are right behind me.

Having a winable score limit on the game would also be nice. I played against a really skillful person and we ended up getting curbstomped in the match with his team winning with 28-7. These sorta matches aint nice to play in as it sorta destroys the desire to play Lunaro. So rather than getting curbstomped for 10 minutes can we have something similiar to the winning score from Annihilation in Lunaro?

Also if DE ever makes single claw stances then you gotta release the Arcata as a normal weapon. I dont even care if it ends up being impact damage, the darn thing is awesome.

Edited by Kaokasalis

Great and glad there's something new. 

I would ask for a more user friendly tutorial. Come on if Overwatch can make one simple tutorial, I'm sure Warframe can. We need a tutorial system that guides you and completes to show you did it right. In Lunaro and in base game...so tired of explaining how to use a mod to a new player...

Back to Lunaro along with the other problems like spams and indicators others have said, can we also have a showing off the winning team like Rainbow 6 Siege/Overwatch. It would really end the matches in a much more glorious tone then that boring stat screen. Doesnt feel epic in anyway if you won a hard fought match. If not it's just another match I won..yay...

We have that screenshot of the tennos and their frames when Lunaro was announced. Just use that and let us customize our winning poses so we can show off our frame and tenno which is kept hidden in our liset closet. Let them out!

Even better put in play of the game for the most awesome goal scored!

Minor things that would really help the feel and epicness of Lunaro and incentivize people to play in my opinion. Hope someone reads it. 

Edited by GKDK

17 minutes ago, Titothebandit said:

it makes me wonder if they even tested it out.

Honestly, DE's playtesting seems to go as far as ''Will this break the game if we add it'' and no further. And even then there's no guarantees.

So most likely no, they didn't thoroughly playtest it. Devs will be having a live match of it though in the Devstream so I guess that's some playtesting, albeit after the update's released.

Lunaro is a fun addition into Warframe. Though I agree with some things as above have stated.

-Cooldowns on checking should be in place

-There's really no point into passing the ball. Of all the games I've played, EVERYONE goes for the ball to the point where it's a giant cluster of spam checking.

-I have seen zero teamplay

Lunaro, with some tweaks here and there, would fix most of the issues. A general issue that most people agree on are the peer-to-peer system, though, I know a system is coming to fix that. Hopefully soon.

2 hours ago, Zeroseer said:

Lunaro has the potential to be a ton of fun, but it has a some issues...

1. The FOV is to small. Your warframe blocks to much of the screen and you can't see whats going on

2. The movement speed is SUPER slow. Why do we all run around like Frost? We should be much faster, like Loki with speed mods.

3. The melee is a terrible feature. Everyone just runs around spamming E and thus makes it impossible to even hold the ball for more than a second

4. The area where your player catches the ball is to small. You have to be literally right on top of the ball to even catch it

5. You can't throw the ball far/fast enough. Even holding the fire button down it doesn't travel far

6. There is to many people on the field! 4v4 is way to chaotic and crowded, though this may be more of an issue with #3... consider 3v3 or maybe even 2v2

Those are the major issues i found while playing a couple of matches, hopefully something will happen to alleviate these issues.

EDIT: im not 100% sure if its melee of regular hit that stuns you or both but it needs to be fixed....

Also, my feelings toward lunaro have gone up a lot... it is getting more enjoyable by the minute

yep  ...  if u add an 2v2 3v3 with friends that will be really cuz playing against them really sucks or changing team option will be nice ,, lag and the E spam is killing the game that it 

Air Checking needs to have its range toned down. It's pretty easy to repeat this motion in very very short bursts (in conjunction with bullet jump if lunaro is not under your possesion) and make it across the field in little under 4 seconds.

Edited by LazerSkink

Ok I tried Lunaro: Whole Team rage quitted. I was alone vs. 4. Lost 48 - 0 (or something, didnt pay attention anymore) because the other team perma-stuned me with E.

Edit: So I deciced to give it another chance. The whole team left again. I was alone vs. 3 and lost 2 - 9

Worst experience ever. Never again.

Edit 2: Did about 20 rounds and I'm starting to like it. Its a lot of fun with balanced teams.

Some suggestions:

• Checking needs some sort of cooldown. You cant hold the Lunaro for more than 1 second, otherwise you will be checked to death.
  • Encourage teamplay: Conclave points for each pass etc. (Currently it is more or less a one man show.)
  • The goal should be slightly more oval. Prevents camping in front of the goal slightly.
  • The own team should be better highlighted.
  • The height of the stadium should be reduced slightly.
  • Unbalanced matches:  The round should not begin until at least 2 players are available for each team.
Edited by -S-O-Yetili

This is the one thing that I really want a map on. Show me that there is an ally covering the net to prevent enemy cherry tippers.

Also... bashers... bashers everywhere. Score no points themselves and even attack the people who had their spirits broken and sulk in the corner of the map.

While getting staggered when you lose the ball makes some sense, the sheer number of times I get staggered in an average match is just ridiculous. Games seem to devolve into a situation where one or two people playing are actually making goals, and the rest are just spamming 'E' to make sure the other team can't accomplish anything. It turns into a mosh pit.

I'd like to see a cooldown on melee. Not only will this make the game less frustrating for many players, but it will increase the skill cap of the game. You'll need to time those checks well to make sure they hit their target, or hit an enemy player when it will accomplish something for your team.

This can be accomplished in multiple ways:

• Prevent the check ability from working on any enemy that does not hold the Lunaro. This stops it from being used just to stop people from being able to move, but it also stops the ability from working in situations where people are about to do something that will be a problem for your team. Currently you can, for example, use it to stagger someone who is about to intercept the Lunaro.
  • Add a cooldown on successful hits. If a check does not hit it's target, it will not trigger the cooldown, allowing the player to use it as a movement tool, to hit a ball, or just because the energy looks cool easily.
  • Add a cooldown that triggers whenever the ability is used. This means that players will have to use it wisely, as missing your target (either a player or the Lunaro) means you can't try again immediately. This method increases the skill cap of the game the most, but may discourage newer or less experienced players as it would take a considerable amount of skill to hit your target successfully on a regular basis.
  • Add a cooldown to stop people from using the check ability on the same enemy. Each enemy would have a separate cooldown, preventing you from spamming it against the same target. If done this way, the cooldown could be longer than other methods, and the ball wouldn't be affected at all.

38 minutes ago, WASPGOD said:

There needs to be a penalty join for people who abandon teammates >.> its been happening way to often

Add a forfeit option.

Add an autobalance feature

I leave some games beacause it's laggy. The host has like 7 points in the first half just because they're the only one not lagging. Not sitting through that crap. A forfeit option would fix that though. 

Okay my two issue with Lunaro so far:

• When team is 1 v 2, 2 v 3, 3 v 4 that one extra player makes a big difference
    • Suggest that extra player could sit out until team is balanced

• Just finish a match where players found out that if you wait outside ring when match rests you can rush in, take the ball, score and take it in turns with teammates. With this method leave the other team with no breathing room.
    •  Suggest allow the team that just lost a point few seconds before other team allowed take actions within their area.  

12 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Air Checking needs to have its range toned down. It's pretty easy to repeat this motion in conjunction with bullet jump and make it across the field in little under 4 seconds.

Ooohhh... thanks for telling me.

I think it would be really helpful if there was a much louder/more noticeable cue, audio or visual, when you have picked up the ball. At the moment I just dive near the ball and whether I have it or not I press the throw button just in case I do have it because I don't usually have enough time to check.

Maybe a sustained cue as well while you're holding it.

24 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Lunaro is pretty fun so far from what i have played but its also very hard if you play with randoms.

Yeah, but how do you not play with randos?  Even if you fill up a 4 man squad, it splits them in half, and then more randos join each team.

Odd that you can't play with your friends in a "team sport."

12 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Along with what everyone else here has said, we should be able to see the "Whoever is carrying the Lunaro" indicator behind objects. Yeah there are only the pillars to obstruct, but it can be a problem when everyone is crowded together in the distance.

There actually is, but it's inconsistent and flickers on and off.  Every now and then I can see a white silhouette of the ball behind a pillar, but it isn't reliable enough to be useful.

3 minutes ago, pooptaco said:

Yeah, but how do you not play with randos?  Even if you fill up a 4 man squad, it splits them in half, and then more randos join each team.

Odd that you can't play with your friends in a "team sport."

Even if we did gett split up i still had one team mate i could communicate with. It would be nice if DE got rid of this mechanic though. Especially if they plan on making Lunaro tournaments.