Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusing thing about Void Projections

Evanescent

So as I understood, you could use residuals from 'revealing' the void projections to boost your dropchance for the rare items in the drop-table. Excellent.

Question is, how will this affect multiplayer? Like if you have players that have varying levels of residuals, will each get separate drops, or will the highest take preference?

Also is it me or does this new system sounds like a Token system or even lottery in a way? 

It may act as Inaros's jar from his quest, we kill X amount of enemies and once it fill up we can get "Something" or just keep on filling it up even more except we fill it with void "energy"! 

13 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

So as I understood, you could use residuals from 'revealing' the void projections to boost your dropchance for the rare items in the drop-table. Excellent.

Question is, how will this affect multiplayer? Like if you have players that have varying levels of residuals, will each get separate drops, or will the highest take preference?

How do we start a discussion when no one has any real fact about it,just wait for the release which might get push back....

It'll be interesting to see how all of it works out. They can't make stuff too easy to grind for, or the plat economy will crash, as well as kill the game I think. But at the same time, RNG is a hard thing to play against. The idea of residuals left over from parts we don't want/need that can be put toward something we do... I like that.

Can't wait to see what they have come up with

It's the endless missions I have the most questions about.

So, if we install a projection in the ship and charge it by running the void tear, will there be any point in staying in a survival/defence after the charging is complete?

So effectively one reward per mission. And if that is the case, will we have to stay in a mission for 20 minutes/waves anymore?

They stated a conversation about what we know so far, as their isn't a developer thread about the subject and Lunaro though nice, is not a subject that holds much attention for many players. Talking about the subject is a good thing. Apathy isn't.

I don't see the change as positive and instead as a more grindy method for prime acquirement but that is what it is. I believe that they mentioned you gaining residue from acquiring primes, building them, and such and then spending that residue on the projection to increase the chances of the rarer prime drops versus the raw weighted random number generator. We will have to see it in practice to get a true handle on it, but hopefully it will benefit new players.

54 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

The way I understand it, the reward from the projector is separate from the mission. You do the thing, then go back to your ship and see what your reward is. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Nocure-fd said:

So, if we install a projection in the ship and charge it by running the void tear, will there be any point in staying in a survival/defence after the charging is complete?

From the way I understand what they said in the dev stream, there won't be survival/def/etc for farming prime parts. The current void will remain as a place to farm argon crystals, won't require keys to enter, and won't drop primes. The new system will come with "it's own gameplay where you actually interact with the void" as they said. From this I infer that it's a totally new mission type that they weren't ready to show last time.

Edited by QuietBiro

Interesting ideas being thrown around here. I am waiting for the Dev Workshop, what I want to know from you guys is what you think. Then we can compare it to what comes and see how close we got to it. Makes for an interesting experiment.

Now the question I want to ask is, are you guys fine with individual rewards, or do you want the system to reward the same thing to everyone as it does now?

Would you want other players to piggyback on your grind?

Or would you want to be treated on your own terms?

37 minutes ago, Mutt2679 said:

It'll be interesting to see how all of it works out. They can't make stuff too easy to grind for, or the plat economy will crash, as well as kill the game I think. But at the same time, RNG is a hard thing to play against. 

Sounds like the same farmframe, just in a different way. 

5 minutes ago, SandmanTT said:

Sounds like the same farmframe, just in a different way. 

That's what I'm thinking. Which IMO is ok. It's a huge part of the game. Imagine warframe without the farming, there wouldn't be much left. Nothing beats the feeling of finally getting the part you want after XX number of runs. 

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

Like if you have players that have varying levels of residuals, will each get separate drops, or will the highest take preference?

However, "opening" the Void Projection is done on your Liset, not during the mission. At that point the mission rewards have already been assigned and the squad has been dissolved, so there's no reason to think that the drop is the same for everyone, which you seem to assume. You can even "bank" the Void Energy, meaning that you don't drop a single thing. How does your action affect other players?

We have to wait, but it seems to me that each players will have their own Void Energy pool and drops.

Just now, Mutt2679 said:

That's what I'm thinking. Which IMO is ok. It's a huge part of the game. Imagine warframe without the farming, there wouldn't be much left. Nothing beats the feeling of finally getting the part you want after XX number of runs. 

Can't tell if sarcasm, but I usually get burnt out after about 50 runs. To date I have never gotten Loki systems (when it was active) from over 100 rot c. 

I welcome the new system if it avoids this burn out, but I cautiously await because of the fact that with each successive update, items are becoming more and more out of the reach of the casual player. 

22 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Now the question I want to ask is, are you guys fine with individual rewards, or do you want the system to reward the same thing to everyone as it does now?

Would you want other players to piggyback on your grind?

Whilst I'm not entirely sure on what to expect of the upcoming system, when it comes to rewards personally I don't care too much. If I'm doing a run and get what I'm after through either Solo or group play, great. If not, well...on to the next round. If someone gets what they were after, well that's fine too.

Perhaps this is a result of my experience in Monster Hunter, but is it so bad to band together after something even if you don't get it that time? Speaking for myself I'm more than happy to be a spare on Elder Dragon runs if someone needs their materials in between chasing the stuff I am after, so...in theory same mentality could be applied here. Though certainly likely to differ between people I guess.

Can't say how true it is elsewhere but if things start leaning more to 'Sure, I can help, why not?' and everyone has a chance of getting something they need rather than having to do a specific thing only...that could be a net benefit for everyone. But that may be woefully optimistic of the scenarios at hand.

From what I got from devstream those projections arent tied to missions. Missions do charge them but you dont get reward fro missions, only for charging projection. That means that everyone is by himself. Just like sindicate rep. You gather it independent of others and you buy things in sindicate independent of others.

14 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Missions do charge them but you dont get reward fro missions, only for charging projection.

Yeah this was essentially my understanding as well.  Rewards are given via the projecter on your ship, you feed it with shards or projections or whatever and the result shaves off extra you can use to increase chances for the next time.

Void keys will be converted into these as well.  So basically everyone gets their own reward and their own unique chances based on how often they play and so on.

But as has been said with exhausting regularity, we don't even have it yet.  Patience.

H x prime hunt u must have max amount of void thingamajincs or F*** off

yeeeah i rather would have old system :|

Yea, No.  Read above.

Edited by Xekrin

36 minutes ago, Mutt2679 said:

It actually sounded a lot better than what we currently have. Being able to increase the chance to get an item you actually want is a pretty great advantage.

I would expect the general process to be similar to what we have atm. You go in there to charge it up and the main difference is that you don't get the reward at the end of the mission and instead you find out on your ship what you get. Basically the same thing + you can increase your chance if you don't get what you want in the first run.

If this means we can't keyshare I don't really care. I farm most of my keys myself anyway. And if we can't get multiple drops for endless missions it's also fine to me because being able to get better results is much better than having to stay for 40 mins or an hour in a survival.