The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Couple of thoughts about the Pursuit (While, Archwing related, it isn't archwing movement, so I'll put it here.);

1. IMO Lotus shouldn't mention taking out the shield generators until after you disable the engines. First attempt failed because I keep trying to bring down the shields when I should be after the engine first.
  2. Shield Generators need to be bigger/more obvious/marked when the engines are disabled. Second attempt failed because, after disabling the engines. I had no idea what I was suppose to shoot next.
  3. The Ship constantly spawning enemies when disabled is unmanageable when soloing. While I did succeed on attempt number 3, it involved dying about 3 times, two of which were literally seconds from each other, because of how many missiles and bullets were flying around.

2 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Couple of thoughts about the Pursuit (While, Archwing related, it isn't archwing movement, so I'll put it here.);

1. IMO Lotus shouldn't mention taking out the shield generators until after you disable the engines. First attempt failed because I keep trying to bring down the shields when I should be after the engine first.
  2. Shield Generators need to be bigger/more obvious/marked when the engines are disabled. Second attempt failed because, after disabling the engines. I had no idea what I was suppose to shoot next.
  3. The Ship constantly spawning enemies when disabled is unmanageable when soloing. While I did succeed on attempt number 3, it involved dying about 3 times, two of which were literally seconds from each other, because of how many missiles and bullets were flying around.

+1

I have yet to try anything other than running missions to try and complete these "junction" challenges.

Requiring killing eximus units on EARTH? Are you guys serious here? I remember being new and trying to get past wave 10 in a defense mission with not fully ranked, 5 mod MK1 gear, and you expect new users to be able to pull off lasting long enough on an Earth endless mission to be able to get to, let alone kill, eximus units here?

One of those junction nodes had a Rhino who immediately cast Iron skin. GG, like the new users who are actually TRYING have weapons capable of smacking down a Rhino.

Going back and re-doing ultra low level crap, just to get back the MR points I lost, is boring as all hell.

The startchart LOOKS great but... this is confusing as all hell as to why the junction nodes have the requirements that they do. OK, kill 150 grineer, makes sense. Run 3x sabotage and save the earths forests, makes sense. Killing Eximus units on the lowest level enemy planet? Really?

I have a very bad feeling about the rest of this update...

The things that bother me the most is:

1: The new archwing camera/movement system.

While I really love the now completely open movements system, I absolute hate how "lose" it is.

It makes it pretty much impossible for me to be half as acrobatic as when my aim were "tight" and it makes it a pain to traverse any archwing map.

2. Fissures: what is this..?

Edited by Vitoga

• I thought everyone was supposed to work their way through the chart again? It seems like I have everything unlocked, but I'm unsure.
  • The new Temporal AA is *really* good. Blurry like most games that offer TAA, but I'll gladly take that over shimmering/flickering. Seems to cost less than SMAA as well.
  • The void stuff is a bit confusing, but maybe I just have to get used to it.

Edited by Grimminski

3 hours ago, Corasos said:

the StarChart is like the one from beta i think...and there was a reason i think why the old one was switched out. I dont want to learn the new one i want to be able to switch to the old style.

No, the old starchart was much easier to read. The new one is an overconvoluted mess, aka the result of trying to make it look pretty and the apparent disregard for comfort of use.

8 minutes ago, giantconch said:

I have yet to try anything other than running missions to try and complete these "junction" challenges.

Requiring killing eximus units on EARTH? Are you guys serious here? I remember being new and trying to get past wave 10 in a defense mission with not fully ranked, 5 mod MK1 gear, and you expect new users to be able to pull off lasting long enough on an Earth endless mission to be able to get to, let alone kill, eximus units here?

One of those junction nodes had a Rhino who immediately cast Iron skin. GG, like the new users who are actually TRYING have weapons capable of smacking down a Rhino.

Going back and re-doing ultra low level crap, just to get back the MR points I lost, is boring as all hell.

The startchart LOOKS great but... this is confusing as all hell as to why the junction nodes have the requirements that they do. OK, kill 150 grineer, makes sense. Run 3x sabotage and save the earths forests, makes sense. Killing Eximus units on the lowest level enemy planet? Really?

I have a very bad feeling about the rest of this update...

Yeah, having Earth Eximus being a requirement seems like a poor idea, considering how rare they are without going 3-4+ waves on anything. I ended up doing an excavation mission to 11 successful extractors before I saw three Eximus. Not something I suspect even a full group of new players would be able to do easily.

Only one suggestion:

Please display the inventory count of Prime items at the end of a tear mission for the items to choose from. I don't have many equipable prime items because for most of them, I'm missing the last part and seeing what I don't have would make my choice what item to get much easier.

Another, easier to realize solution for this would be to at least give me more time to decide what to pick. If everyone has picked what he wants, you can set the timer to 3 seconds, so that the mission ends quicker, but as long as player haven't decided, you should at least give them 45 seconds.

Edited by AxelFlussbach
Played SotR a little bit longer

2 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

The nullifier change heavily pushes me towards quitting until this mess is fixed once and for all. I am really disappointed, my expectations were high and I got a gutpuch instead of a good update (strong IMO).

The Junction mission objectives are really boring (craft one weapon, complete 5 missions melee only and stuff like that) and are redundant and pointless for vets who simply have to re-run some tilsets with specific setups.

Apart from that I am experiencing heavy performance break ins, texture glitches (jupiter corpus gas city tileset) and one crash so far (in for one hour).

Also scrolling up and down for syndicates is totally broken.

just do what I've been doing since nullifiers have been introduced, only play vs grineer, infested, used to include tower 1 & 2 but with this update it's gotten reduced to just grineer and infested, probably missing out on about 50% of the game but at least that's more fun then meeting a nullifier squad

About the new starchart: I would like there to be a transition when activating the navigation console, like the camera turning around to face the warframe, or the room darkening, or SOMETHING more than the jarring, ugly fade to black that we have now.

And now enemies are dropping a grand total if NINE energy orbs in Fissure missions. You NEED 10 to close the Fissure. If only a fraction of enemies even drop the damn things, HOW are we supposed to close the fissure? Or is this just a way to rob us of our Relics and increase the grind?

I dont think I have ever seen a developer so skilled at making me NOT want to play their game...

1. Starchart is visually beautiful, but very awkward and unintuitive to use. The mission nodes are tiny and you have to hover over each one to learn it's type. Not even archwing missions are indicated in any special way. Neither are alerts or nightmare nodes, as far as I can tell. At least the former you can just pick from the menu.

2. Archwing has a very small field of view now. For me, personally, that coupled with new movement, makes it very hard to orient myself. The Rush mission was for me plain impossible to do.

3. I like the idea of Fissures but nullifiers spawning on top of you and in groups is not fun. The whole fight is very hectic, especially under pressure of time. Very short time. I feel for solo players.

4. I don't particularly like the Market overhaul, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. However the blueprints being so hidden is... either a very calculated move or just an idea that looked better on paper. I sincerely hope it's the latter. If the drop down menu, with main categories was open straight away, would make it a bit better. Yes, I know, it's literally once mouceclick, but it makes a difference in how I perceive it.

5. No tutorials, no explanations for such a complex system completely different compared to what everyone were used to. Dev Workshop thread helped very little, it was very confusing and only seeing it at work with some explanation from sopmeone who grapsed it a bit better, I now know how it works, but majority of the players never even looked in the direction of forums.

6. Is there any reason to play Void now, except for a bit higher level enemies? Especially since Bombards wander in packs of five now. I wish I was exaggerating, but during a Mobile Defence, I ran into such groups multiple times. I assume it's to do with the enemy spawn progression changes you made.

I really enjoyed doing Void runs but now that there are Void Fissures and that players dont really care about doing Void runs anymore (Void doesnt reward you with prime parts anymore UNLESS there is a Void Fissure mission there). It's too easy to get prime parts now. This update killed the game for me, i think i'm going to take a looooong brake from Warframe.

R.I.P Void ;-;

Oookay. List of issues made as I play through things.

Star Chart:

- Built for aesthetic value, not user friendliness

- Lack of planet descriptions/quick overview. Useful for resource/extractors.

- Lack of extractor friendliness (where extractors are deployed

- Confusion over what missions are done and which aren't/where you're "supposed" to go

- Extremely awkward neck motions from tenno layover

- Planets "reworked" in terms of levels/missions to be more "accurate": results in a lot of scaling issues/screws over the dynamic of any player who went through more than 1 planet.

- Backtracking through already completed areas is extremely tedious

- Lack ability to choose between alert/fissure mission and regular mission

Star Chart (Continued): You relied way too much on aesthetic value instead of actual user friendliness. It's not any easier to navigate, and in going for a layout that made more sense - where there was not a need for before, mind you - you've created an overdone, convoluted system. And, yes, it's something to get used to. I'm not saying "ah, it's new, it's bad". From a design (artistic) standpoint, it looks nice, though perhaps a bit overdone when semi-zoomed in, because this is totally more user-friendly, right? With the lack of tutorials, it's extremely hard to get used to, and extremely hard to understand. There was nothing confusing about the old system - tiers in planets was a much nicer way of doing things. It was easier visualize the difficulty of things and what was completed. On top of this, plant symbols (pertaining to alerts, extractors, and similar) have been lost. My main concern for this is with extractors, as you can no longer look at a planet and quickly see where your extractors are. It's much harder to get an overview of all planets at once, with that being said, with this new star chart. You've designed something more suited for a poster than for actual game functionality.

Market: Not a bad overhaul of the market. The addition of explaining how blueprints for things can be acquired is nice, but actually finding where the blueprint tab is can be confusing for some, and will  be overlooked by many. For new players, you're just hiding the blueprints.

Companions: Kavats seem tedious to obtain, though likely just as tedious as farming for a kubrow egg in its own way. I don't intend on getting one myself, as I have a kubrow that I'm caring for, but they do seem rather lovingly implemented. Let's see that love continue for both kubrows and kavats, now. Having them free-roam is also a nice feature. With that being said, companions (or at least kubrows) seem to get stuck in things fairly easily.

Void/Fissure:

- Getting force logged out upon completing Fissure missions, relics being lost

- Missions in the void force countdown on you where "cancel mission" button won't work/must exit star chart to cancel mission

- Nullifiers. There is no need for this many nullifiers.

Void/Fissures (Continued): This whole redesign is getting tiring, not gonna lie. Fissures are much lackluster compared to how void missions used to be run in regards to obtaining prime parts. It's gone from "this is a place of lore and you can find things of lore here and only here" to "hey look, there's a hole in the world that'll spit out things for you." It doesn't have the same mystifying feel to it as it did before and has a much more random/out of place feel to it now. On top of that, it's extremely chaotic. And yes, while having a hole ripped in the world would be chaotic, it is overwhelmingly so. Nullifiers aside, the sheer number of things can just make things overly confusing - if things don't suddenly stop spawning on you. Placement of the void refinement segment is also very awkward, and the lack of any description signifying how to even get the segment is disconcerting. 

Other Notes:

- Not a fan of the new player icons for maps in missions. If this is not already a feature which can be toggled, please make it one. It's much harder to keep an eye on where teammates are.

- At this point of writing this, I have not yet done anything related to archwing, conclave, or lunaro.

I am not sure which thread I should put this in, but when using quick melee attacks while using a custom holster animation the holster animation puts it back where it would originally be without a custom holster animation. 

I've only tested this on my Skana Prime.