Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 6

[DE]Rebecca

11 minutes ago, Wolfanon said:

One day DE, one day you wont have anymore bugs...

When game will die? hmm.. I will cri evri tim if this would happen.

Warframe and all game developers are too awsome for the game to die <3, yet so much hate from " kids that cri at every bug and changes" yet still they have iron will to read all those hate comments and still make progress in making the game that we see today <3

ps: Keep up good work! DE :)

1 hour ago, -AizZer- said:

Warframe and all game developers are too awsome for the game to die <3, yet so much hate from " kids that cri at every bug and changes" yet still they have iron will to read all those hate comments and still make progress in making the game that we see today <3

I don't think its kids, i think its the other way around. The ones being apologetic are impatient and desperate conformists, that are most likely kids who are just freeloaders. If you think its acceptable that they do a major friday release, and the game still has bugs that either wont let people play, or wont let people progress, which are the ones that should have been fixed first, not sounds or holster bullsh*t, then you just proved my point. We are already mid week, it's already 4:24 PM in their HQ. Sorry, but as someone who has paid for prime access, accessories and vaults that crap is almost comcast-like.

Edited by nms.

List of bugs that are threatening to the daily routines of a Tenno such as myself: Note that the further away from 1 it is, the less fatal it is, or so it may appear.

Spoiler

1 Upon mission completion, the mission completion screen will deny you access to all menus and not have it's exit or repeat mission buttons show up.

This forces me to relog, if i could. Or forces me to restart the game.

2 A number of Rails are not registering progress or completion of missions (Jupiter Rail does not register me spying a Corpus spy mission and getting all 3 vaults therein). This will hinder progression. Perhaps consider using Boss Sigils as currency to obtain Nav Segments, or parts they drop?

3 When using the menu to skip to arsenal, completely teleporting around the ramp, attempting to head to Nav via normal methods results in you being accidentally plunging your feet into outer space. This isn't a serious issue, as you can just use the in-ship menu to teleport out of this problem.

3 (real edition), when hastily fumbling through UI, on rare instances, attempting to access the 'upgrades' section would result in broken UI which has no emergency 'exit interface' button. Restarting the game is the only solution.

4 In Corpus ship trenches whilst piloting an Archwing, it is incredibly easy to get stuck in every little bend or corner. Itzal Archwings are recommended for somewhat easier navigation. Also, the camera is a little close, hindering view of opponents.

5 Some missions (such as Chroma's questline, 'The New Strange' ) cannot be continued due to some having Chroma bodyparts but none of these beacons. Perhaps have Simaris stock the blueprints in the Sanctuary?

6 After mission completion (uncommon instances), your Warframe is sat down as if it was the Old Days, where you weren't aware that you were on a Tenno ship of your own. This can be countered by accessing the menu.

7 [Scrap that, DE've put in a Blueprint filter that works on categories. DE, can we make it work on the 'Home' tab too?]

8 Gorgon, and all those other weapons that you can't acquire from the Market, Dojo, a Boss, or a specific Planet, could do with being put on loot tables respectively.

Example includes: Gorgon from Heavy Gunners of all types, as Corrupted also have Gorgons. Machete drops from Grineer who use Machete. Anything else would drop from Eximus.

9 How am I supposed to complete Nightmare missions when I can't find them or even access them, because missions no longer allow that.

10 Some mission tilesets are no longer accessible to find the Kuria. Nobody will ever know what they had to say.

11 I feel limited in what I can do in Archwing, and leveling in it is going to be very, very difficult (non-negotiable, entirely essential for fighting Jordas Golem, among other things).

12 The Void now feels empty and has only one use: Argon Crystal farm. Perhaps have an old Sabotage crate spawn (with green lights on it, to differ from the average ones) every now and again that contains a random Prime part drawn from ALL the relics' loot tables.

13 A number of Warframes, such as bulky ones (like Chroma, Rhino, and most visibly Atlas), when blocking with some weapons, look off or weird.

14 Corrupted Heavy Gunner and Corrupted don't sound Corrupted enough. Having their old dialogue abruptly play whenever they speak or get shot may spice things up. Furthermore, I'd like it if the Corrupted used Prime weapons. It makes more sense then how we get those.

15: Braton, Sonicor, Penta, and a lot of other Corpus/Grineer weapons that we don't see enemies using should be used by enemies. I'd really like to see the Corpus counter to the Grineer Lancers, as Crewmen are just Crewmen who are probably trained in weapon use, but not fighting?

16: Sometimes, Void fissures will freeze your UI or it's own (the timer and %, often at 90%), or both, forcing players to use the alternate minimap and rely on instincts to get the Hek out of there. Also, Void Fissure-deployed Corrupted need a unique identifier, like gold armour or Prime weapons.

If you don't want to read the entire list, please refer to the following numbers: 1, 2, 3 (real edition), 9, 16. Looking in the list for these numbers will unveil what effectively is the 'Utmost priority' as far as playability goes.

Personal recommendations and other thoughts:

Spoiler

| How are Tenno, especially newly awakened ones, going to discern that the 'microscope icon' is the Foundry which also means buildable?

|| A sufficient number of Tenno are complaining about the silent introduction of paid Archwing slots. I would suggest to provide them between 3 to 5 Archwing slots, and 6 to 10 Arch-weapon slots to start them off. On this note, I had remembered a third thought.

||| This is that thought. Given how we have Mastery Ranks, and each Rank we need new content to level up (and, if it's of no use to us, dispose of), meaning we have to get plat to get slots. To lessen the highly recommended decision of 'buy a Warframe slot and weapon slots' being mandatory to get the most out of the starter experience, perhaps have it that the Tenno can purchase, with credits, the following options (per Mastery level-up, not purchasing stacks up the 'free slots' until Mastery 5):

1Warframe and 2 weapon. 2 Warframe.  3 weapon.

So from 0 to 5:

Both: 2/6 (starting, MR0). 3/8 (MR1). 4/10 (MR2), 5/12 (MR3), 6/14 (MR4), 7/16 (MR5).

OR 'frame slots: 4 (MR1), 6 (MR2), 8 (MR3), 10 (MR4), 12 (MR5).

OR weapon slots: 9 (MR1), 12 (MR2), 15 (MR3), 18 (MR4), 21 (MR5).

Starting slots, if I recall correctly, are:

2 Warframe (1 used by starting 'frame) and 6 weapon slots. This is enough for two Conclave loadouts right out of the Cryopod (and after 'Corrupting' Vor by killing him).

With the 50 plat everyone begins/began with, you can get (reminder: Warframe slots are 1 for 20, weapons are 2 for 12): I admit, 2 extra plat per player could allow...

+1 Warframe slot and +4 Weapon slots, raising the starter to 3 'frame and 10 weapons, that's three Conclave loadouts and some weapons for when things aren't easy.

...for +2 Warframe slots and +2 Weapon slots, which would expand the Tenno's ability to claim or fill in a role.

The idea I'm suggesting is, for ever Mastery Rank-up from 0 to 5, the Tenno would be able to choose up to 2 Warframe or 3 weapon slots. However, it could be for every 2 levels, until MR6. To assist this, weapon Mastery requirements may need to be re-thought over.

I have 10 Warframe slots and 45 Weapon slots total (8 'frame and 39 weapon slots bought). ...This way would also incite Tenno to experiment a little more, and meaning they wouldn't have to stressfully think over what to get rid of before building something else, and witnessing them ponder if what they're getting will be good or not. In fact, I also stumbled on old words that you Devs were apparently, or were rumoured to be, giving rewards to Tenno each time they rank up, and -that- was old information.

If you make this idea happe, then we'll see more fashionable, newly-awakened, Tenno who aren't as prone to ask 'is [Weapon] which I'm about to get better than [Current weapon]?', allowing for more freedom in their growth. I am also going to guess the following implementation methods:

A: Attained from Ranking to 1, and then from 2 until 5 as is depicted in words.

B: Attained from Ranking to 1, then 3, 5, 7, 9.

C: Gain a choice of 1 'frame slot and 2 weapon at MR1, at 2, you have to pick between 1 'frame or 2 weapon. 4 will have the MR1 reward + 2, and that would be a fixed reward once the Tenno hits MR5. MR7 would be the last 'slot reward' rank.

In short, this would allow new Tenno to focus a bit more on what they want to look like.

|V Locking off the resource, cosmetic, bundles, and other plat-to-acquire content, until the Tenno passes MR1's test. Explained:

MR0 and just got the Market segment: No access to plat-stuff except Warframe and Weapon slots or anything discounted below 38 platinum, but only cosmetics that are for the Warframe currently equipped.

MR1 will unlock access to: Cosmetics and inexpensive platinum items (stuff in the ranges of 75 to about 150).

MR2 will unlock access to: Every plat item they can use within their Mastery Rank (and within price ranges starting from 0 to 200).

As they rank up further, they will be able to see more and, if they traded or bought plat, buy more.

After completing The Second Dream, the entire Marketplace would unlock itself. Prime packs and 'What Stalker?' would remain locked until Mastery 10.

This is a general idea, if you don't go with ||| (3), to help new Tenno hone their wits and skill in terms of 'what to get?'.

V On the topic of boss-fights, text should pop up providing sufficient guidance on how to kill a boss, capture a target, or Synthesis Scan where appropriate. This would help new Tenno not accidentally kill Simaris scan targets (and thus not anger Simaris and the Tenno scanning things for him), and teach them how to kill Captain Vor, The Jackal, Letch Kril, but it will not pop up for all the bosses.

V| On the topic of music and user interactions, would it be possible to reintegrate older music, some character dialogue, and old interface (to a degree) under more 'Legacy' options? We've got 'Enable Legacy Colors (lighter colour options)', but no 'Enable Legacy UI (solid background, blue border; gameplay UI is a redux of the classic including new UI elements where sensible)' or 'Enable Legacy Sounds (like the old level-up or Lotus radio synthesizer)'?

That's about it from my end. I know I've kind-of sidetracked, but I hope I've brought some stuff to DE's attention that should be brought up more often, for both their and our sakes as Tenno, or Orokin, or a self-aware Specter (the Operator is another Warframe in this case, but currently no, he/she's a Tenno) that clones itself and controls the clones.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

There are many bugs remaining indeed!

Example.. Comming from dojo into your ship, you're sitting on ur knees and u cant raise up. I've had that a couple of times.

Example nr. 2:  While Doing invasions, if u get that part where u have to being in some kind of pod, that will bring you to the other side.. You're stuck = Abort    (also there's no enemies on the map, except maybe your capture target) 

Example nr. 3: Recently done hieracon, Didnt recieve all of the fusion cores that I was supposed to get.. got multiple 5x Fusion cores from the Excavotors.. Only recieved 9.

Please Fix these bugs! 

Edited by Alex_g
Was missing some info on my example nr.2

Just now, Alex_g said:

There are many bugs remaining indeed!

Example.. Comming from dojo into your ship, you're sitting on ur knees and u cant raise up. I've had that a couple of times.

Example nr. 2:  While Doing invasions, if u get that part where u have to being in some kind of pod, that will bring you to the other side.. You're stuck = Abort

Example nr. 3: Recently done hieracon, Didnt recieve all of the fusion cores that I was supposed to get.. got multiple 5x Fusion cores from the Excavotors.. Only recieved 9.

Please Fix these bugs! 

" Comming from dojo into your ship, you're sitting on ur knees and u cant raise up. I've had that a couple of times. "

Can confirm.

]\'[

plz take that update off the void keys is better than that and old nevegation is better and all old things is better  

1) no more fun runs to stay in void like 5 h t4 survival 

2) crashing every where in the game 

3) getting stuck in the reward screen after any mission cant take mission cant go any where 

4) and still game not good at math and focus counting

5) sorties dont give cridit... hirecon give 14k it used to be 20k cridit harder to get from missions and eaven normal missions cridit drop is low 

thats what i dont like in the game not what u must not like 

Edited by Ancient_Myst

And yet again, no fix for the lack of choice for the players on whether to play an [alert, syndicate,nightmare, etc.] mission or a normal mission. Are you just not going to fix that? Can you tell me please so I can unistall and stop hoping? You might believe it's not that big of an issue. But it's godam awful for me to have to wait about half an hour for an alert to be gone before I can finally play the mission I wanted to play.

Yes, I could play the alert and be done with it, but I might not want ot play an alert because, frankly the reward just doesn't interest me, nor should I be forced to do so just to play the mission I actually wanted. The fact that I must do that is just plain unappealing and has made the game quite bothersome to play sometimes. Specially when it's a survival or a exterminate mission, those are just boring for me.

Edited by Jorugi

They're working hard at least. I still don't agree, in any part, that SotR should have been released in the state it was in, and whoever made that call, idc who it is, should NOT be working in the gaming industry, or marketing, AT ALL. (im starting to feel like this release was beyond steves control) But trying to stay positive n on the bright side, at least they're working hard at correcting things currently

PS

everyone knows EXACTLY how buggy this is n out of place some things are. all issues cant be addressed at once. DE is doing the right thing, n hotfixing little by little, n making sure one fix is not breaking something else. from what i can tell, this is gonna have LOT of hotfixes. lunaro had 7 n lunaro wasnt NEARLY as big or buggy. you guys gonna take this number n wait

Edited by AresTheLegendary

hi I was just wondering if the 9k oxium requirement for the itzal is a permanent one?.. I just build the harness and the sys and notice that i just burned through my reserves of   oxium and now still need 4k for the wings which is ridiculously high

5 hours ago, -AizZer- said:

Oh no you are absolutely right. I shouldn't cry that sorites rewards aren't showing up, or how R5 fusion cores don't drop right from dark sector excractions, or maybe how when I finish a mission I have to alt F4 to relog or do anything in the game, or maybe how they have nerfed XP/ credits/ junctions(planet progression limiter), or how the void is the same RNG crap with a base 2% rate unless I spend time gathering keys to upgrade one key, or how the game would cause a memory leak on my computer and crash (owning a base price $1400 PC that I built myself), or how the void key screwed me out of my void relics being evenly distributed amongst all the relics not just 5 of 7 relics, or how the void 2.0 is a horrible imitation of the fun that endless was.

So maybe there are legitimate concerns that players have for a game that they have spent money on.  So tell me again about all these kids that cry at bugs and changes players that keep this game alive and how their concerns and opinions in a game that they can stop playing at any time and find another are probably just crying over nothing.

Edited by hey_guess_what

Here's a big bug for you DE. Since the update whenever I log in and it shows the daily reward screen, I cannot progress. I can't select the daily reward it refuses to open up and for the past 4 days I've had to enter my password to login, then alt F4 and close Warframe manually WITHOUT receiving the daily login reward. I then have to restart Warframe and re-login just to be able to play your game.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Here's a big bug for you DE. Since the update whenever I log in and it shows the daily reward screen, I cannot progress. I can't select the daily reward it refuses to open up and for the past 4 days I've had to enter my password to login, then alt F4 and close Warframe manually WITHOUT receiving the daily login reward. I then have to restart Warframe and re-login just to be able to play your game.

are you certain that it isn't saving the log in reward to your account?  I had the same problem once before (on PC & PS4 both) but when I checked my inventory I had actually received what I thought I had not in addition to getting credit for logging in that day.

4 minutes ago, Louisaga said:

can we please fix jordas golem assassinate mission? I've finished plutio-eris junction and the jordas precept quest, but the golem mission is still locked.

Is it just showing as locked / incomplete, or are you completely unable to even run the mission again?  & Does your Quest say complete in your Codex?

Just now, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

are you certain that it isn't saving the log in reward to your account?  I had the same problem once before (on PC) but when I checked my inventory I had actually received what I thought I had not in addition to getting credit for logging in that day.

Hi Crackle :) Tbh man I couldn't tell you if it's saving it. The reason is when I login I get the screen where you click on the shiny box to reveal your reward and I can't. The box refuses to open so I can't see what reward I was supposed to get and therefore I assume I'm not actually recieving it. As far as I can tell it's still clocking the days logged in but no rewards and more annoyingly, I have no choice but alt F4, close then restart the game if I want to play. Bit weird and very irritating.

Just now, Zilchy said:

Hi Crackle :) Tbh man I couldn't tell you if it's saving it. The reason is when I login I get the screen where you click on the shiny box to reveal your reward and I can't. The box refuses to open so I can't see what reward I was supposed to get and therefore I assume I'm not actually recieving it. As far as I can tell it's still clocking the days logged in but no rewards and more annoyingly, I have no choice but alt F4, close then restart the game if I want to play. Bit weird and very irritating.

Okay, thanks for the info Zilchy!  Sorry to hear this :-(

Passing info along to the best of my ability!