Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"This is What You Are" - Sheet Music Release

[DE]Danielle

Good day Tenno!

For those of you who attended TennoCon 2016 this past Saturday, July 9th, these beautiful sheets will look familiar! By popular demand we are releasing pages 1 and 2 of the Second Dream “This is What You Are” soundtrack. Keith Power, composer of the Update 18 theme, was kind enough to share the sheet music with you, the community, who have expressed nothing but delight since its release. 

Sit back and enjoy listening to “This is What You Are” with sheet music in hand and memories of the Second Dream. 

We also encourage any musicians out there to create their own rendition of the song using the sheet music and share it with us! We look forward to your interpretation of Keith Power’s vision of discovering what you are, Tenno. 

Page 1

6uhWSAL.jpg

Page 2

JCZlrCh.jpg

• Like 4

That's an amazing thing for Keith to offer up; thanks so much for sharing it with us and for asking us to go forth and conquer (I mean create). The sheet music itself is a work of art - you should seriously put some press-quality copies in the merch store at some point, or eventually release a collector's audio set with a few pages of accompanying high-quality score. 

I would seriously mount that on my wall in a frame if it was on ~120g paper printed from a commercial-grade printer. Making some type of compilation or selling it already framed would be awesome beyond belief. I don't know how much of an audience besides myself there might be for that, but who knows!

15 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Thank you very much for this. And if anyone wants to see the video that was shown prior to the sheet music's display at the sound panel, I recorded it:

Come on, Lazer! You just made me cry. Y_Y To be fair, though, hearing such soulful vocals, pure and undiluted, makes me cry every time anyways. It.... it just feels so very right, ya know?

41 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Some people actualy "need" the sheet to make a cover? :D

Yeah, this is kind of what I was thinking. It only gives a melody line, no chord progressions or accompaniment of any sort. Anyone vaguely musically inclined could have figured this much out very easily without the help of sheet music. Still, it's a nice gesture.

Would very much like to see the sheets for instruments as well.

I mean, you literally have 22 measures out of 91 that are just silence. Okay for a chorus to sing along to if the music was already provided, but not much else.

Awesome from Keith to share this. I liked the song so much that Immediately after i finished the Second Dream quest i was playing the main melody in the piano, trying to figure out chords and everything else. Such an amazing job.

i might be able to play this on my piano. right hand= main melody / left hand is the accompaniment / HELL i might play all parts of second dream soundtrack! it's not exactly complex the melody is more or less the same thing. It isn't some fantasie impromptu.  

Edited by SAYMYNAMELOUDLY