Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm with the notion for braton/lato vandal to return.
Want to live the nostalgia.

As many has mentioned, it was only released for 1 weekend.
Since they're not overpowered, i feel it is good to bring it back for some newer players to enjoy weapons veterans used to tinker with.

Just now, DeForest said:

It shouldn't be on PC anymore, but definitely on other platforms.

These Skins should be on pc.. In future there will be nothing exclusive on pc..

Consoles will get tennogen Skins aswell..

PC has nothing exclusive with stable Prices.. Obsidian Skin and so on .. you have stable Price to pay..

Rubedo / phased Skins? only for steam user´s that are willing to pay tons of euros.. so unstable and overpriced.. the Price is changing every day..

Pc had get nothing exclusive (cosmetics) for just a low price...

It never ceases the amaze me how much senseless entitlement certain members of this community are capable of. Braton and Lato should be 'exclusive' the same way that every other vandal and wraith were 'exclusive,' meaning, 'not. To argue in favor of locking content away from others only shows you as the selfish children than you are.

Founders gear is one thing, considering what it was, and the fact that money exchanged hands for it, but this? Hah.

Edited by CDelacroix

Dat is good idea, DE! That weapons should return not only for happines of old players, that sold them for a weapon slot (just like i do, lol); but this guns will be a great start weapons for new players!

Edited by Tohsaka.Rin

Well, I have some mixed feelings about this: Yes they were gifts to early supporters of the game and I feel they should remain that way, but at the same time, they offer Mastery Rank, and... well... I really think every opportunity to acquire mastery rank should be available to anyone, everyone, all the time. So how's this for a compromise?

You release a separate version of the weapons, possible different looks, possibly a different name, whatever, but that acts like the real gun and gives the same mastery rank progress as the original. That way its still a sacred gift to the veteran players that got them when they were first available, but doesn't take away a (at least in my opinion) crucial piece of the game. I would love to see something like this for all of the limited items (particularly the Vulkar Wraith :3 ) so that way no one can miss out on mastery rank and at least saying they tried the event weapons even if they didn't really get them.

Huge story that just flew out of my head alert:

Perhaps you could use some kinda temporal vortex across the galaxy event in the future, similiar to Lua but on a galactic scale, so it would make sense. Lotus: "The ruptures from pulling the moon out of the void has caused more of a reaction than I previously anticipated, Tenno. Rifts are showing up randomly all over the galaxy, and appear to be bending time and space while they remain intact." Baro: "Tenno! You aren't going to believe what my crew and I have found! I was searching the void like usually, okay, and this hole just burst forth from thin air, in the shape of a rift! But something was different, never before had there been rifts in the void... *whispers to himself* at least not to my knowledge... *talks normal* so my men took a step inside, we took a look around, and lo and behold! We found some of the rarest weapons in the galaxy! Only a few very exclusive people ever even got to hold some of them before! Not only that, but they had all the power and handling of the originals! So we took all we could and returned to our ship. Later, on the way back, I was selling some of the weapons to a stu-- I mean, CHOICE customer *cough* when out of the corner of my eye, I saw another rift. It was near the back of the ship, almost out of view from the others, so I waited until I could sneak in, and I found even more! Hundreds, no, THOUSANDS of timeless vintage weapons! I only wish I could have hauled more, but Tenno, you know better than I how unstable those can be. So Tenno, will you get some of those weapons for me? I'll make it worth your while next time I return from my trips..." Lotus: "Well Tenno, you have been able to navigate the rifts safely before. If you wish to, seek out these new rifts and retrieve whatever it may hold within. But be careful, some of these rifts are more unstable than others: you may need to be faster than ever before to capture their hidden secrets."

Que Orokin events in rift? :3

*Is included in the wave of people that missed Braton Vandal simply because I never checked the market and always went straight to shooting things*

Lato Vandal being a CB exclusive is eh. I don't mind either way but I would like another chance at the Braton.

20 minutes ago, sorq said:

I'm with the notion for braton/lato vandal to return.
Want to live the nostalgia.

As many has mentioned, it was only released for 1 weekend.
Since they're not overpowered, i feel it is good to bring it back for some newer players to enjoy weapons veterans used to tinker with.

That is a great point... If it was only released for one weekend they should definitely come back. Thats practically just a lucky login reward for only being available for 3 days.

Edited by Demyzix
typo

26 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

The example you gave have one flaw; Brakk is still obtainable in game. While these Vandals are not and conflicted with ''exclusivity''. So we need to consider that some CB players may not agree with re-introduction of the weapons. Mastery is still a problem, isn't it always been problem with MR? Delaying the issue is an option IMO.

G-3 almost never spawn for me and when i use beacon i get crap so at times it seems to me they are exclusive enemies and Brakk an exclusive weapon, so for a moment, emotion > logic  :'(

I prefer DE to face with this demon (Braton & Lato Vandal) now than later so they can do whatever they want at that time!

13 hours ago, polarity said:

Could you make them 'milestone' log in rewards?  That way they would still be something to signify a player's commitment to the game.

Well, what can I say, an awesome solution on the first page of a thread that I feared would all be flaming skulls and salt...

You my Tenno friend are glorious!  I mean you looking at 300 plus days of play shows a dedication to the game that is worthy of the CB OB weapons, and doesn't diminish the honor of the OB CB players.

Now I'd give one suggestions, make a modified skin for the Milestone rewards.  Or more accurately make the current Lato and Braton Vandals design Beta Skins, and make the default skin a variation (honestly I'd swap out the Lotus symbol for the Sigils you get for Milestones.)  This would mean that OB CB players would still have the Beta look exclusive to them but the Vandal Weapons available to everyone.

1 hour ago, CDelacroix said:

It never ceases the amaze me how much senseless entitlement certain members of this community are capable of.

Representation is the name of the game. There are literally people saying they weren't apart of Cb but still fight for the entitlement of CBT. This argument can only positively affect these people yet they fight to keep these weapons exclusive. Saying things like "CBT weapons should remain exclusive", "we shouldn't rob CBT", and "CBT need some sort of identification". As someone who was a CBT I'm astounded. Since when did I need something to say I was in closed beta? Since when did the fact I was in closed beta matter? Even if I did keep lato or braton vandal they would have been swapped out and no one would bat an eye. No one would know I was a CBT.

I've got my memories and I've got old players posting nostalgic videos/pics. Why do I need to be represented/identified by two flimsy weapons that sell for 2,501 credits. Make them public. Make them public now so people will stop trying to represent for their own imaginary CBT.

Edited by Postal_pat

I was thinking about it some more and...

DE you #*($%%@ up, but lets not punish random people because of it. Give people Braton and Lato, but compensate us for your promise. You shouldn't have promised us exclusivity in the first place, but since you did, you need to give us something in return.

What I have in mind is:

-Profile Information about being a CBT (like Faunders have)

-Sigil

-Syandana (but not something like Sancti syandana, give us something that is nice to look at)

Unique weapons for Closed Beta, they should not appear again. It's like re-release Excalibur Prime. One possible exception about weapons is to give/restore them to Closed Beta players who missed or accidentally sold them.

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

Representation is the name of the game. There are literately people saying they weren't apart of Cb but still fight for the entitlement of a CBT. This argument can only positively affect these people yet they fight to keep these weapons exclusive. Saying things like "CBT weapons should remain exclusive", "we shouldn't rob CBT", and "CBT need some sort of identification". As someone who was a CBT I'm astounded. Since when did I need something to say I was in closed beta? Since when did the fact I was in closed beta matter? Even if I did keep lato or braton vandal they would have been swapped out and no one would bat an eye. No one would know I was a CBT.

I've got my memories and I've got old players posting nostalgic videos/pics. Why do I need to be represented/identified by two flimsy weapons that sell for 2,501 credits. Make them public. Make them public now so people will stop trying to represent for their own imaginary CBT.

+1

"still no upvote for me"

3 minutes ago, demminik said:

Unique weapons for Closed Beta, they should not appear again. It's like re-release Excalibur Prime. One possible exception about weapons is to give/restore them to Closed Beta players who missed or accidentally sold them.

Excal Prime = real Money // CB Weapon OB Weapon = ... been there.. just had Access to the cb

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

I think DE should re-release them on all platforms as they were more of a novelty than something like Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime where real money were involved. But instead of just handing them out like Orokin Reactors, make them a reward for a event so all players can easily obtain them.

1 hour ago, DeForest said:

"random quote that don't want to be deleted"

EDIT : ok now that's weird, all my post began with this quote and i can't get rid of iI oO

Anyway, as i see it there is no relevant reason for those mastery fodder not to come back, excalibur prime is a thing, lato and braton vandal are another.

Ps : it's just how i see it as someone who despise timed exclusive bs.

Edited by Syln