The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd be fine with them coming back if they got a rework or buff to make them relevant to use again. Currently i equip my lato vandal for the status of it. Also, I initially voted no to just mass-distribute them but I am 100% on board for a long-time login reward.

14 hours ago, WolfCast said:

Lato and baraton have a bat stats. Weak weapon. But, okay. Return braton. Lets people like. But, about lato, ABSOLUTELY NOT! people have 300+ item, and greed people all time not inaf . Lato gift for hard close betta. For all support about bug, all dissconect. All freze level and not die boss. My english bad. But, No. People not die if not get lato. People not earnded it not dezerve! And this for all cry baby , stop cry and play! 

Everybody who is currently playing the game did the same thing CB players did, we experienced bugs, disconnects, freezes, and we report on them. You're not special, you're not entitled to your exclusivity, DE owes you nothing.

Timestamp link to Devstream 77 where it is mentioned https://youtu.be/fzGKYUc5o8Q?t=2162

I won't lie. It's a great feeling having something very unique and special that not many other people have/can get a hold of anymore (minus Founder's*). For me, it represents my token of dedication to Warframe. I've been playing Warframe for a very long time now, and it is definitely cool to own the Braton and Lato Vandals (I really only use the Braton though haha).

However, I do feel that their Mastery XP shouldn't be kept from the rest of the community. Still, I hope that Steve does decide to go through with the alternate cosmetic effect or some sort of identifier that separates the players with the original weapons versus the players acquiring them for the first time.

Yeah I know that it took zero effort to get the two weapons when they were introduced initially, but their presence in my arsenal means more to me beyond their cool factor. Maybe that's dumb though. I guess i, as a another player, don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Wanted to give my two cents though.

I've seen folks bashing people for wanting to be a snowflake. Maybe it's because they try to avoid or deny that truth, but I wont lol. I'm saying it as plainly as possible. Just hoping this thread doesn't devolve into a flame war(cue Flame Repellent mod thumbnail).

You have to admit, though. It is nice to have something that is unique from everything else. Even more-so if it represents something beyond it's cosmetic appeal

*I wish I would have purchased the Founder's package, but I was a college freshman with zero spending money when I got into Warfame lol

Edited by Torhque

57 minutes ago, Torhque said:

Timestamp link to Devstream 77 where it is mentioned https://youtu.be/fzGKYUc5o8Q?t=2162

I won't lie. It's a great feeling having something very unique and special that not many other people have/can get a hold of anymore (minus Founder's*). For me, it represents my token of dedication to Warframe. I've been playing Warframe for a very long time now, and it is definitely cool to own the Braton and Lato Vandals (I really only use the Braton though haha).

However, I do feel that their Mastery XP shouldn't be kept from the rest of the community. Still, I hope that Steve does decide to go through with the alternate cosmetic effect or some sort of identifier that separates the players with the original weapons versus the players acquiring them for the first time.

Yeah I know that it took zero effort to get the two weapons when they were introduced initially, but their presence in my arsenal means more to me beyond their cool factor. Maybe that's dumb though. I guess i, as a another player, don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Wanted to give my two cents though.

I've seen threads bashing people for wanting to be a snowflake. Maybe it's because they try to avoid or deny that truth, but I wont lol. I'm saying it as plainly as possible. Just hoping this thread doesn't devolve into a bashing flame war.

You have to admit, though. It is nice to have something that is unique from everything else. Even more-so if it represents something beyond it's cosmetic appeal

*I wish I would have purchased the Founder's package, but I was a college freshman with zero spending money when I got into Warfame lol

well if there are any Time-Traveling 5th Dimension Aliens reading the forums, I'll be more than happy to get probed if you send me back 3 years. Just let me go to an ATM first.

2 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

-Aliens & time traveling-

1 hour ago, Torhque said:

^ +1

I'm pretty sure there's more of us on a similar situation. Let's make a gathering and build our own time machine, I guess it's faster than relying on aliens.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

I find a fair compromise is to make a new model for the Braton and Lato Vandal and make those available to everybody while changing the models of the existing ones also. Then give the beta tester owners the skins for the old Braton and Lato Vandals. Everyone gets the Mastery, beta testers get the unique snowflake special feeling of having a skin no one else have that no one will ever see because no one would bother to use these in actual missions.

14 hours ago, Tuxie said:

Everybody who is currently playing the game did the same thing CB players did, we experienced bugs, disconnects, freezes, and we report on them. You're not special, you're not entitled to your exclusivity, DE owes you nothing.

Wouldn't it be funny if DE checked the records and only awarded the compensation skins to those that did actually bother to file bug reports and give feedback. Those skins would probably be rarer than primed chamber.

Returning them would pleae a lot of us and I thank you for considering it, the "status" and CB thing is an outdated rather childish way of thinking, if you still need that you need that special feeling of ive been here before you , I'm sure Steve's idea of a skin for the original owners of it should please yall

8 hours ago, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

Returning them would pleae a lot of us and I thank you for considering it, the "status" and CB thing is an outdated rather childish way of thinking, if you still need that you need that special feeling of ive been here before you , I'm sure Steve's idea of a skin for the original owners of it should please yall

I always say it can be considered as Timed Exclusive, three years is a long time. Latron Vandal is my most used weapon ever... I was always asked about it as it's been years for that too. It's nice it's a swag stick in that way but first and foremost it's an awesome weapon everyone should have access too (can't wait for Season 8 to hit consoles for that very reason).

Exclusivity is great but there's a reason all the bigger MOBAs make sure only cosmetics are such, tangible game changing content like Guns and associated MR was a terrible idea and Steve said as much - they're exclusive because they were conceptualised with no idea the game would get this big and be as popular and growing all these years later.

Founders and FG players can get even MORE exclusives for all I care but let's keep it to syndanas, sigils and the likes - they've earned the swag and our respect so it's only fair. The guns being restricted to such a minority on a single or the three platforms though? Not so much, not when as said they cost nothing and the majority of owners are clearly ok with them being brought back. I think they're hoping for a buff lol, it would a nice reward for them too if they got one (otherwise mass debate over mere mastery modder would be hard to explain following on haha) 

I was once given a Karak Wraith as part of a special event. I have not seen the weapon become available again since that event.

I would absolutely love for more people to have a chance at it. Granted, the weapon needs a buff in the current environment. But it was and cool and I enjoyed having it. No reason I should want to keep it to myself. Bring it back, by all means. Bring everything back. Except Excalibur Prime. That's a cash deal exclusive and a legal nightmare. DONT bring that back.

another "Mom, look-im-more-special-then-everybody-else-are-you-proud-about-me-wtf-thread" ^^)

there was a time where things like that pi55ed me off, thx for giving me the possibillity to reflect again

im no longer pi55ed about, i even couldnt care less, and in a year everybody will have the chance for the founder-pack-things

yeah, bridge the gap to the next update end of the year where the excal umbra appears, thank you, DE

i even couldnt care less about all this nonsense

would be glad to get simple non-emotional-whipping and bug-free updates in time as so many good devs at less other games do with the needed notes, but no, the whip is there since i play

2,5 years, for nothing (^^

welcome back freedom of choice =)

As a general rule, I disapprove of legacy items returning. Defeats the point of legacy items.

Excal Prime comes to mind.

I thought these two guns would be of a similar caliber. Exclusives, things that never come back around, special event guns/weapons/mods/noggles, the game is filled with these. But I don't have these two Vandal weapons, so naturally I want them. Extra mastery, having extra cool weapons kicking around, it's all good.

The way the other vandals were handled with Sorties was well done. More like that.

If you bring back those rewards from earlier Open Beta, then I want to see next Skana Prime, Lato Prime and Excalibur Prime obtainable in game to everybody. Prime Vault or whatever you want. Some of us are supporting you since the beginning far more than the majority of the founders.

Lato and Braton Vandal are just fodder for Mastery Rank. Prime things are more than that. That's my point.

19 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I was once given a Karak Wraith as part of a special event. I have not seen the weapon become available again since that event.

I would absolutely love for more people to have a chance at it. Granted, the weapon needs a buff in the current environment. But it was and cool and I enjoyed having it. No reason I should want to keep it to myself. Bring it back, by all means. Bring everything back. Except Excalibur Prime. That's a cash deal exclusive and a legal nightmare. DONT bring that back.

This discussion is about Lato and Braton, about Karak Wraith well it will come back in game as a Sortie reward wich season is the question :P. Why do I say this? well qoute "Its blueprint and components can also occur as Sortie rewards.".

Edited by D-Voidborn

1 hour ago, RIKENZ said:

Skana Prime, Lato Prime and Excalibur Prime are founders exclusive items that are not returning, just accept that and they are not part of prime vault, they are gone.

You can't say for sure. It was the same case with Braton and Lato Vandal, yet now they are bringing them back

2 minutes ago, markus230 said:

You can't say for sure. It was the same case with Braton and Lato Vandal, yet now they are bringing them back

Except [DE]Steve himself said that founder pack items would never come back.

He said this live during prime time 126.

"It's a promise that we made."