The+Second+Stream+Podcast+:+Pilot+Episode

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,624 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays

• Good, breaking up the content is better.
    • Ok, I don't have strong feelings either way.
    • Bad, I'd rather get it all at once.
    • Other (post explanation below).
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

• Good, it was needed.
    • Neutral, the field of view didn't bother me.
    • Bad, I prefer the tighter view.
    • Other (post explanation below).
  3. 3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?

• Good - the capacity makes sense now.
    • Neutral - I'm fine with capacity either way.
    • Bad - I'm not happy with Trace capacity (post explanation below)
  4. 4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

• Good - I like that the Relics will change.
    • Bad - I want a set number of Relics that doesn't change.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  5. 5. What is your first impression of the new Tennogen items overall?

• They look great.
    • They look ok.
    • They look bad.
  6. 6. Should the Lato and Braton Vandal return?

• Yes, give players a chance to get them again.
    • No, don't bring them back.
    • No opinion on this topic
  7. 7. What is your first impression of Titania?

• She looks great.
    • She looks ok.
    • She looks bad.
    • Other (post explanation below)
  8. 8. Are you excited for Glyphs?

• Yes! They could be fun.
    • Maybe. I haven't seen enough yet.
    • No. They don't interest me.

This poll is closed to new votes

Only going to be addressing one of the points here: Split Updates.

I think splitting up major updates that have tons of changes/content is a good idea, since it can allow the Devs to get out complete content or changes right away while allowing them time to continue working on the unfinished stuff. Not only that, splitting everything up gives a sort of "pacing", so to speak. However, splitting the updates will not work if you are just going to end up rushing it out the door anyway, which was the case with Specters of the Rail. I totally understand the stress of deadlines and having marketing breathing down your neck, but the point of splitting updates is so you have more time to do everything, and if you rush it out you essentially split the update for nothing.

Void Traces: Frankly I'm just happy we don't waste Void Traces since we have a bigger stockpile. Previously I had a few run where I needed 9 Traces or so for a Radiant, but collected 30 Void Traces, so I lost 21. If anything, I would like to still be able to influence our yield of Void Traces with farm frames.

Vandal Weapons: As far as I understand, these are mediocre weapons whose only worth come from the extra Mastery experience and their name. To me, it seems a folly to remove their exclusivity when it is the only thing that makes them special at all. I don't have them, I don't want them.

I must comment about the way Update 19 was deployed in parts, including with delays, it doesn't feel like an actual Update anymore. I enjoyed the "chapters" episodes of Warframe as it develops, but these feel like normal patches or hotfixes, perhaps maybe the regular 0.5 updates in the past. Not to mention there is not a clear way to track the hotfixes now or get a clear idea how the update is progressing when instead of numerical values it just goes in like "Lunaro 1, Lunaro 2, etc."  The huge gap between update 18 and 19, which is what over 6 months now, feels dry and the smaller chunks feel flat to break up the dry period. One huge update like you've always done feels like a reward rainstorm to end the drought so to speak. Perhaps updates in chunks would be okay if they are not preceded by several months of no major updates.

1. How do you feel about the update being split into three parts, despite delays

Better the waiting months and months for content.

Also better, because in the old updates so much new stuff would come, it was hard to adquire info on what or were things are. (since the codex is practicly useless in this game and does not offer any info before hand.

2. How do you feel about the field of view change in Archwing?

It can still work, yet if AW keeps being developed poorly its just an annoyance, right now its very hard to navigate the corpus tiles, its a constant wall head banging, and the mini-map is even more useless then before since it doesn't minimally represent anything related to the 6 degrees.

From all the AW improvements and fixes, having 6DOF was the least important feature needing a change/fix.

Enemies are still hard to hit or see.

Loot is still hard to catch and see, even with the innate vacuum effect; maps are giant and loot can be on any point of those giants tile sets. (and not to mention loot can still fly away, its ludicrous)

3. How do you feel about the Trace capacity changes?

Yet another shenanigan feature.

We ask for no more capacity limit, you remove it, and reintroduce it as a capacity limit per mission, thanks for nothing.

We ask for more traces per missions, so loot abilities arent mandatory, loot abilities are removed, yet no improvement on the grind for traces.

Feel like the trace buff/perks is just a distraction, so we dont realize the system was nerfed.

4. How do you feel about the total number of Relics changing as Primes are added/vaulted?

It is an obvious ruse, in the old system prime parts were hard to obtain and rare, now relics will be hard to obtain and rare, we all know DE isnt going to make things easy, the system wasnt designed at all to reduce grind.

Basically the hardness and rarity of prime farming was shifted from the parts to the relics. Most of the community is happy now, cause keys were converted, once new primes and new unvaulted primes come out, they will realize the system is as rigged as before, and no improvements to reduced grind was made. 

The fissure mission itself, is now improved and better, and that was the actual and only change needed: diversity from always playing in the void tile sets.

Endless missions are pointless now, and not as rewording as before, we spend more keys (relics) per missions, and receive less parts overall.

Edited by 7grims

My opinion on Archwing changes:

Make the changes adjustable in the options menu (field of view, auto-correction of orientationwhen in motion, auto-correction when still, etc).

My opinion on Lato and Braton Vandal: 

Make these weapons available again so newbies (by which I mean everyone here since closed beta) can get the mastery...

BUT, reward the closed beta by giving them a special Akkato Vandal Skin (cosmetic only, no stat change. Just lets those players have a special skin that looks like they are dual wielding Lato Vandal. Since it would use the same model as Lato Vandal, it would require little extra work for DE but would still give exclusive reward to the few players who have been around since the beginning of open beta).

1- Splitting the Update is a good idea, but since SoTR went live, the amount of bugs and Hotfixes and TWW being pushed to August, is why i have mixed feeling about it.

2-FoV change is also good, but my only complaint is that ,sometimes when i take a hit,  i don't know whats up and whats down, i get confused for a moment (maybe that's just me though(

Excelent podcast, some technical issues but it's to be expected with a large group of people, 4 people is where i've seen more streamers and other podcasts draw the line and they also experience problems.

I would like to add my 2 cents on your thoughts about changing how relics are aquired.

Everyone argued that having relics on a set location would not get rid of the repetitiveness that the previous Void had, their solution being of shifting their location often, weekly maybe, with DE having to update their location i suppose, might i suggest an alternative to farming by using Traces to make relics ?

I'm not sure how the conversion would work, but it would be a nice trade-off between either upgrading relics to radiant or making new ones entirely.

Edited by BlazerEraser

The only time I found the archwing camera really annoying was when it zoomed in while in melee.

How large is the number of relics going to be? Also the names of the relics don't tell me anything.
And more important, being able to prepare for a prime release is really nice. Having to go farm for the relics after the release would be really annoying. There are different ways to address this of course.

• We could get a relic trader, so we would trade 2/1 new relic or relics + traces for a different relic
  • The new relics could have a higher drop chance at the start
  • The new relics could show up in the drop tables before the release, but we wouldn't be able to open them
  • There could be specific missions like an event or alert as a way to get the new relics

i think the Poll is what really matters cus it gives EVERYBODY the chances to express their opinion...the podcast thing is too limited to the opinion of a few people even tho some of them can provide quality feedback and quality builds in their videos ( Flinn, BouseFeenux, Noobleshowtek, Headshot, LifeofRio, AGGP ) just to name a few

ps: a thought that just jumped in my mind, for mass visibility how about when you add a Poll u send an inbox message in game so everybody gets to see it and can come to cast a vote ? Or a quick red text reminder in chat every few hours so you can cover all the timezones

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Splitting updates? I am quite fond of that idea, for a variety of reasons. Of course there's all the dev-side things, time to iron bugs out and complete things while still feeding new content. As a player, it's exciting, because it usually means there's something new coming every single week, if not even faster! So sure, it would be AMAZINGCOOL if everything came at once, like a giant MMO patch that rewrites everything! But splitting it feels better.

Week one, new void system! Week two, cats! Week three, updates and new weapons! Week four, event stuffs! I don't know, you get the idea. Like having delicious regular meals, instead of a giant feast every once in a while.

Field of View? I have only one thing to say about FoV: THE BIGGER THE BETTER.

When I first installed warframe, I immediately maxed the FoV in the options. If a videogame gives me the option, I ALWAYS maximize the field of view. Frankly, the Archwing FoV still needs to be bigger. Like, gimme another 25 or 30 degrees, at least, on each side.

Void and relics and traces? Whatever, I have everything, I do this stuff for fun, forma, and ducats. That's it.

Tennogen? Too poor for any of it.

Lato and Braton Vandal? I don't think they should come back. They are rare legacy items, and they should stay that way. Of course, if you do bring them back, I sure as Hek am going to snatch them up right quick. I need the mastery, after all.

Titania and Glyphs? Can't wait!

Seriously though, I want to tag everything with the clan logo.

regarding the poll:

1. i'm kind of indifferent to it, i'm grateful of the fact i'm not spending half the day downloading one massive patch, but i would prefer not to have massive content droughts for every whole number update, but eh, what can you do, U19 was just a pratice run for this sort of update anyways, so things can only improve

2. i never really played that much archwing to be honest, still only got the starting gear at around lvl 15 or so (feels like starting the game all over again with having to farm the basic archwing mods), but any change for the better for archwing is a plus i guess

3. if it means i can refine radiant relics en masse, then that's a plus

4. hmm... tbh i had expectations that this system would remove the vault entirely, i'm sad it didn't, but i'll live, but i'm just happy drop chances are a lot less inconsistent with a lot of the items now compared to the old system, despite the people complaining and moaning about this new void, i think i'll enjoy it when it hit hits consoles, but i'll need some time with it to form my own opinion on it, as long as this new void doesn't make me feel guilty about bringing my "fun weapons", then it'll be a plus in my book

5. what do you think?

6clBdrw.gif

the volt tennogen skins and helmets, and that scarf too... <3 <3<3

and i can't wait for what'll be in store for limbo X)

6. yes, but i really don't want this to open the door to the founder's pack gear being up for grabs, i know how sacred it is and what symbolizes to people who bought it, and i don't want that being squandered just because someone wants it to pad their MR

7. she looks good, just mostly want get her so i can shrink down, fly around and harass those poor lancers, and to also cosplay as kyu from huniepop or maybe ballora from FNAF: sister location (sue me)

8. if it means vandalizing grineer and corpus ships with chibis all over the place then sign me up

I put other on the relics, I don't see why we need to keep vaulting primes, especially if we are going to make relics drop from other sources, we can add more relics.  Frankly, old prime weapons become outdated anyways due to powercreep, and keeping them from people in vaults really only serves to hold people back MR wise. What I'd like to see is Prime Warframes never getting vaulted, and prime weapons ready for vaulting become condensed into a single slot on a relic, IE, instead of 4 parts to a vaulted prime weapon to farm, you farm for just the weapon, this would reduce space taken up on drop tables. 

Concerning the podcast, aside from the (no that good) sound quality, i really like the concept, during the two PrimeTime DESteve has done that Devstream may not give enough time to speak about everythings or answer every question so taking an hour to speak about it, with player, is a really good thing.

I think that the overall Archwing-System needs a rework. This first adjustment to the view isn't bad, but personaly i don't like it much. And all this game-mode since the release felt unfinished and rushed, just to give a sop to the players.

Quick comment on the format of the podcast. It would be awesome to have this available to download as a stand alone file or if you made it available in podcasting apps. I mainly listen to podcasts in my car and would love to add a Warframe podcast to the mix.

The problem with Archwing 2.0 isn't about field of view it's about the rotation of camera. I like having true 360 freedom of flying, but I would prefer that the way the camera rotates would be more like what it was in Archwing 1.0. I also don't like the new reticle at all - I think it blocks my view too muck.

On 7/28/2016 at 5:27 PM, AXCrusnik said:

I don't mind if the Lato and Braton Vandal come back but give players who owned the originals something special like skins.

Sure, right after they give original event weapon owners skins for obtaining them long before sorties were even a thought. 

You see how ridiculous that sounds, right? 

I would prefer AW camera to be much further behind character.  

Would be best if there were camera distance slider.      For both AW and Normal mode.   Because FOV increase adds Fisheye effect, while camera distance doesn't. 

Because its too close for fast paced gameplay damnit.  Even after fix melee battle is just a mess of random enemy textures and explosion FX.  Its also freaking impossible to fly in tight spaces.

Edited by Kainosh

I kinda sad that tennogen is never going to be for plat wen the game promote costumisation of your frame.

i`m just seeing that tenno gen is going to eat all the costumisation for plat ( and if you see the tennogen nova skins and the concept from DE you see there is a diference)

I know is a pain in the arse to put them for plat but the thing is that tennogen is coming in tons wen plat cosmetics are just to Little.

just saying this becouse i leave in a thirt world country and is just a pain to get steam cards or $$.

so is not woth the effort to try to buy them.

On 7/30/2016 at 10:43 PM, Tymerc said:

Sure, right after they give original event weapon owners skins for obtaining them long before sorties were even a thought. 

You see how ridiculous that sounds, right? 

Event weapons weren't said to be exclusive... and judging by the amount of upvotes, not that ridiculous. If they're going to re-release these weapons that they originally said they weren't going to, why not keep a part of them exclusive?

Edited by AXCrusnik

27 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Event weapons weren't said to be exclusive... and judging by the amount of upvotes, not that ridiculous. If they're going to re-release these weapons that they originally said they weren't going to, why not keep a part of them exclusive?

The only one I would agree with getting a skin is the Lato Vandal because it was an actual gift unlike the Braton Vandal that was on the market for 1 credit.