Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survey for players with 1000+ hours

Faulcun

How many hours are in your profile? A little over 2k on Steam, and about 1500 in missions.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? 6 months, burnout. It was around a year and a half ago.

When did you start playing warframe? Around October 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 1

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? They MIGHT play it every once in a while. Strong emphasis on "might".

Have your views changed over the years? Yes

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Both

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Spy and survival

What is your least favorite? Defense and Interception

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Solo, but between these two options, pub.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Most missions.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yes and no - yes, I have some stuff left to level, and focus to farm, but outside of those things, not really.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I play Lunaro occasionally. It's ok.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Yes and no - yes, for quick info, but no because I do a lot of my own research.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I'd say heavy.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Some of everything.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? There is some good and some bad, but over all, pretty good.

What keeps you playing the game? Curiosity

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More fleshed out story, and more cool toys to kill enemies with.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Dojos and relays.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Neutral. I have only submitted one ticket, and the issue fixed itself 5 mins later.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Warframe: Good, but always room for improvement. Business model: Not Pay to win, so that's a plus, however it could be better when it comes to slots for items/frames.

How many hours are in your profile? Steam 2632h, Profile 1601h

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? I think over all I had only one longer break, around 2 months or something. Missed Specters of Liberty. Other than that I am in game quite often, and since new daily reward system, I haven't missed even 1 so far.

When did you start playing warframe? End of October 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Two.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? High rank in my 1st clan.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? They've stopped playing over a time, and clan died, so I have left.

Have your views changed over the years? Not in any drastic way I could think of. And more for good than for bad.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? I think a mix of both, but mostly in game experience.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Haven't play Viver at all, and I didn't even know what it is back then, and I have used Draco occasionally if i had to forma something, which was pretty rare anyway.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Hard to answer that question, as I like basically most of them, but I think maybe survival.

What is your least favorite? Archwing. I simply didn't play it much, unless some events/alerts required it.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I PuG 99% of my games. Or I simply go solo.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I think most of the missions, I feel rather save when playing on Nyx, and can survive on my own even on higher missions.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yes. I play for so long and I am still few thousands EXP away from MR 18. I simply do not see a reason (for me) to level up weapons I know I won't enjoy or won't use at all, just to have max MR possible.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? No opinion, I do not play those.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Not really. When I am not sure how to build something I do go check in on-line, but mostly on forums than Youtube itself. But there are surely Youtubers doing a great job about that.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I would say probably Heavy gamer. I play most of my free time, but not only Warframe.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Horror games, RPG, FPS games, sandbox types like Gmod.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Very helpful, fun and willing to lend a hand if someone has any troubles.

What keeps you playing the game? Updates, new stuff, new content.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Nothing specific in mind. Basically everything that keeps this game going.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Honestly no idea. Bugfixing is always a good thing.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Very professional, kind and helpful, also taking time to resolve problems, even if they turn out not to be linked directly to the Warframe itself, like when it turned out that is not a game giving my a problem, but my own pc, and they still explained to me step by step how to fix it. And with a great sense of humor. :clem:

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? One of the best how F2P should look like.

1: 6k+hrs on warframe's game time tracker, and over 8k on steam game time tracker (logged in through steam all times since that's where I first got wind of it through my mail)

2: SOTR update killed the game for me so  I haven't played since that update 6 weeks ago.

3: around U3.

4: None  I built my own

5: ^

6: ^

7:yes strongly.

8: Game experience has gotten poor.

9:No, loot caves like Draco and Viver never had any impact on me or my gaming choices nor does what others choose to do.

10:Favorite game mode is survival and the old void was perfect for my playstyle.

11: spy and defense, but i'll play a few def like outer terminus from time to time  but never spy<< both is boring and puts me to sleep.

12: public and friends equally.

13: all missions, I know that much to solo 99% of the game like  have always done since day 1

14:whatever came with the SOTR update and after.

15: both needs to be ironed out..

16:Experience is my teacher and if you watch one youtube vid of the game you've seen all>> they have no influence whatsoever on me I consider them lame.

17. hardcore.

18:if it's hardcore stuff it'll attract me genres doesn't matter.

19: on a scale of 1-10 Wf community is a 5

20:I stopped playing  @ SOTR

21: That DE learns from their mistakes and don't jump the gun as they have been doing chasing players away.  keep the game fun.

22:blocking,  archwing, armor and parkour speed.

23: lack luster.

24: not too bright.

2,724 hours in my Profile.
Only one long-term break, right after I started playing. I just didn't get that hooked right away, but a few months later, I've never missed a weekly update since.
I started in September 2013 (February 2014 after the break).
Two Ghost clans with just friends in them.
No clan leadership.
I can't speak for a lot of the members, but most if not all have become generally less and less interested in the game over the years. Not me though c:
What I've noticed over the years is that the quality is improving, but so is the length between major updates, and the amount of content in weekly updates. Also, because more and more content is added, DE are leaving more and more content in the dust that have their own growing issues over time. Aka 'rotting'.
Definitely from in-game experiences, but also a lot from Devstreams where we get to hear the developers themselves talk about their priorities.
Viver, no, Draco, yes. Though I'm glad it's not as mandatory anymore, and completely understand DE's decision.
Favorite gamemode? Probably some of the newer Assassinations, and Void Sabotage. I've also really started liking the Rush and Pursuit Archwing modes.
Cephalon Capture is by far my least favorite. In PvE though, I'd say Deception.
I prefer Public game.
Uh... not sure I get that one. The highest level I'm fine with? Or just what general level I like the best? I like low levels actually, because I can use all my fun but mediocre weapons there.
I am running out of things to collect, yeah... Have all gear mastered, mostly all mods and codex scans.
I find PvP very annoying due to all the bullet-jumpers. Lunaro can be fun though. And Dark Sectors definitely sound promising.
I get my info either from the game itself, or from the Wiki. Not from Youtubers.
Hardcore gamer? Sure. Apart from social media, movies, and occasionally digital art, there's nothing else I'm doing these days.
My history in gaming... Well I started with the PS2 in my childhood with a lot of racing games and GTA, but when I went on to PC it was a lot of FPS. I've grown to liking RPGs a lot over recent years though.
Warframe's community is definitely large and passionate. There is a noticeable toxic side filled with salty narrow-minded people, sure, but I wouldn't consider it above average compared to a lot of other communities. I see plenty of helpful and friendly people about too.
What keeps me playing is the constant updates. If it wasn't for that, I'd be done a long time ago.
For future updates, I hope a lot of the rotted stuff gets updated with QoL. But specifically, I'd like a major rebalance on absolutely every weapon in the game.
In the near future, I'm hoping for more Archwing content. It always gets left in the dust for months after a 'batch' of content, but this recent batch has proven to be the biggest one yet, so I'm hoping DE are focusing more on Archwing in general now.
Warframe Support is generally helpful, though I often end up finding out that nothing can be done with my issue, even though that would seem like something Support would be capable of (for example, resetting your account data to an earlier point in time).
I like how Warframe is set up. It's always updated, given content, refreshing old, and DE are very innovative about their approach to various problems that pop up and grow.

God, that was quite the survey... Happy to share my opinion c:

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Spoiler

I have 1322 hours played. And all of it was through Steam.

Yes I've taken a numerous amount of breaks from 2-3 days to a couple of weeks since I was playing some other game or just got bored of warframe.

I've started playing at Update 10 somewhere closer to the release of U11

I was and still a part of a small clan (7 people) and I'm 2nd warlord. Overall the game changes did not affect the caln population at all since it was a small clan meant just for friends.

I'd say my views have not changed much. There were "slight adjustments" but nothing major. And it was mostly from my own gmae experience.

I've played draco whenever I Forma'd a weapon to rank it up fast. So yeah.

Probably tmy favoirite game mode is hijack. I enjoy doing something in different locations and guarding a moving truck/core is quite nice.

My least favorite game mode is Survival and Defence. I'd like to see Survival 2.0 and Defence 2.0. It is just gets a bit too repetetive too fast.

I'd say that about 40% is me playing with clanmates; 40% me playing solo and the rest is public play.

Any mission from lvl 40 and lower.

I'd say a considerable amount. The most prominent part would be Arcanes. I only have one. (lol)

I can do it from time to time but defenetely not a fan.

Youtubers gave me a starting bump. But now I only watch videos just to hear a opinion.

I'm probably a mix of Casual/heavy gamer. As long as I'm not working or hanging out IRL I'm playing.

Probably almost every genre. But I mostly dislike puzzle games and sport games.

Compared to most communities the toxicity level is lower than the norm. =D

Cliche answer: Frequent updates. And the gameplay is fairly enjoyable despite warframe being a variation on looter shooter/MMO.

I have a lot of ideas hopes and fantasies. But for the most part as long Warframe keeps getting updates especially large scale ones (Damage 2.0/ Prakour 2.0 Starchart 3.0) I will be willing to play it.

The thing I'm currently most annoyed about is the issue with the NovaP and tennogen skins. I really like to see it fixed after War Within hits.

WF support seem extremely understaffed.

Quite fair business model overall. It could get a bit better if DE could change their prices a bit depending on the region. 

Here, 'ave a gander.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

How many hours are in your profile? A bajillion.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? After a mod battle about free speech. It lasted for a couple of days. Ended with a "go to the press OP about how they are suppressing your rights". Also when I discovered the Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. 2 weeks straight.

When did you start playing warframe? 2 days after my profile was created.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 2. Clan butt-touchers and my current one self created one.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Current leader of A Clan Divided.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? They all left. I take in rando's every once-in-a-while.

Have your views changed over the years? Yes.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? I started hating the steam in-flow of children.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Once I hit MR 19 I did. So 2 MR levels worth.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Excavation. I like the mod building.

What is your least favorite? Morons.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Public games. I got no clannies.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Lvl 30-40

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Nope.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? It was a great concept. I like it. Average.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Pshaw. Yeah. The stances guy and OriginalWickedFun are my go to's.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Heavy.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) RPG's mostly.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Best of them all.

What keeps you playing the game? Updates and the forums.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Actual balance.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Everything they pass-off. i.e. machetes, connecting lore, scaling...

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Been resolved within 2 days. Or 7 max(not counting weekends) on one occassion. So it might be true that founders get a bit more treatment; compared to the "horror" stories some threads about support.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? The believers that could. Amongst the best f2p model in existence.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

How many hours are in your profile? 1917

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Yes, I became burnt out with grinding for items or other games came out

When did you start playing warframe? December 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 2, both were mine. One was removed before downgrade was an option.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes I am the Co-Founder of the clan "Tribulation" that began in 2001 on Diablo II

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Grind issues and learning curve have always seemed to be issues with Warframe.

Have your views changed over the years? No

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Yes, in short. Both caused grind issues due to only popular items are sold in chat and new players do not understand what is popular and what sells at that price. 

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No, I only play Draco when some of my clan mates needed quick levels before taking gear into missions. Now it isn't needed

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Exterminate. I love the ability to take the game at your own pace. My favorite part of the game is the constant updates.

What is your least favorite? Conclave

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members or new players

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? T4 anything

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Kuria and to get a few archwing weapons leveled

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I hated it. I liked its first version (Original Void sabotage against Tenno Specters)better.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? No, I never rely too heavily on someones opinion or build.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I'd call myself casual, but others in my clan might refer to me as hardcore on warframe.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I started running a clan in 2001 on Diablo II, Warcraft 3, StarCraft. Then over the years moved to console with Halo, Need For Speed, Killzone, Assassin's Creed online. 

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Fairly the same. You get the trolls like everywhere. most gaming communities have D-bags to super friendly players and everything in between. Warframe is no different

What keeps you playing the game? New and exciting content. Clan members

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More customization options in Dojos, more lore and story.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Lore, Dojo, Fan requested items such as a firing range for the Dojo.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? I've had only positive experiences when dealing with support. 

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I love it. Free-to-play with in-game tradeable currency means you never "have to" pay for anything. I have spent far too much on warframe, but I feel it is investing in a game I enjoy. I understand the business model and why somethings happen the way they do. Nothing is free for DE so they must justify all development with potential for financial gain. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

How many hours are in your profile? - According to my Steam profile 4.400 hours. Ingame time 2303 hours.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? - Yes,  because I don't have anything to do ingame, already done missions, farming frames, no need for plat at the moment, weapons leveled up at forma'd when I like them, more than 2 months without touching Warframe other than the daily login count.

When did you start playing warframe? -  Beng playing since April, 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? - Just the one I created with my friends. Still there.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? - Yes

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? - Some of them are no longer playing, don't like some Frame changes or felt tired of the same farming and grinding mechaninc

Have your views changed over the years? - No, I feel the same

Were you an avid viver/draco player?  - No.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? - My favorite game mode is Exterminate, direct and simple. My favorite part of the game is mastering the new Warframes, combine their abilities with other Warframes and create new strategies with my Clanmates.

What is your least favorite? - Farming Prime stuff from the old void system, always ended up trading for the parts I needed.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? - Clan Members, more coordination and better communication.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? - 25-30

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? - Just Lato and Braton Vandal, not counting Skana and Lato Prime that are permanently unobtainable

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? - Don't like PVP too much, but I like that there is the possibily to play it.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? - No

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? - Heavy gamer

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) - FPS, strategy, RPG and MMORPG

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? - One the best out there

What keeps you playing the game? - Updates, lore and and that almost all my gamer friends play it, so always someone to play with.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? - More planets, more lore and more cinematic quests.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? - Prime parts acquisition.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? - They always answer within a reasonable time.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? - Very good one, with many options to use it.

Edited by Rockaxis

1 minute ago, Rockaxis said:

How many hours are in your profile? - According to my Steam profile 4.400 hours. any options to use it.

steam hours don't count, you could be afk for 4400 hrs

use in game profile for real hours   

Seeing all the similarities and differences in everyone's posts is interesting! It seems none of us have taken extensive breaks from the game.

Spoiler

How many hours are in your profile?

Steam tells me 1397, but as far as missions go, likely around 900.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?

I can remember three or four distinct periods where my couple of friends and I stopped for perhaps a month or longer, from burning out. Aside from that, I've been pretty active.

When did you start playing warframe?

August of 2013, around the middle of Update 9.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?

One, that I created for my friends and I.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?

Those friends and I are all Warlords, but outside of titles, not much. I answered deeper questions about the game for them when they didn't already know. There's a fantastic group of friends.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?

It hasn't :)

Have your views changed over the years?

Inconsiderably. I'm more invested into the mechanics and lore than I used to be, but I still play Warframe for the same reasons I always did: Sci-Fi overpowered enjoyment.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?

In-game experiences, I suppose. They invoked my curiosity and devotion.

Were you an avid viver/draco player?

I played Draco two or three times, but that was it. I felt guilt not "working" to level my gear.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?

Extermination has entertained me from the beginning with its simplicity. And if you finish your task, you have a full map to explore without interference. As far as aspects go, casual playtime with friends has catered my fondest memories.

What is your least favorite?

I am pleased with all gamemodes, but I can find Defenses and Survivals monotonous at times.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?

I've played with only two or three friends on a consistent basis over the years, but when they aren't on, I typically play alone. If I need to run a Sortie or embark on a long Defense, I'll go Public.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?

Assuming I'm with my friends, 70-90. I'm sure we'd die a great amount, though.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?

My Mastery Rank is 15, so, yes. As of now, I'm focusing on...Focus.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?

I miss the first rendition of PVP that allowed PVE loadouts based on their Conclave rating. All weapons decimated within one shot, and my favorite trick was to paint my Loki black, grab an energy orb, and switch-teleport somewhere inaccessible and snipe my opponent. It was awful, but hilarious.

I've played the current form of PVP once with a friend and it was quite fun.

If you're talking about Dark Sector infested missions, then I admire them. They're adequate places to farm for XP and socialize.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?

No. I've watched a few videos from Mogamu (for whom I have respect) and AGGP, but tended to learn and teach myself what I wished to know.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?

If I take my hours in-game and divide it by the number of days I've had the game, I average a little over 1.5 hours a day, which is heavy in my book.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)

Honestly, Warframe. I had a Nintendo DS I adored as a kid, and my first true video game was Kirby Super Star Ultra (which I still play on occasion). Before that, I played every Lego game I could get my hands on--the grandest of all being Lego Island II.

...I want to build Lego fortresses now.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?

I have never entered into or been active with any other game community. I don't visit these forums often either, but I've seen many commendable players among more negligent ones. I suppose my only gripe is a large portion of the community seems to expect irrivalable quality from a remarkable free game: I don't think the anger associated with SoTR was necessary, and I don't think complaining Baro's wares every two weeks is viable either.

That isn't too common, though. Most of the people I meet are respectful, polite, and humorous :D

What keeps you playing the game?

Teamwork, and the game's design. The storyline is incredible, and the detail of enemies, maps, and weapons astounds me. This universe has fabulous bounds to explore.

What do you hope for long term in future updates?

I'm longing for Damage 3.0. I'd like to see Damage and Multishot mods abolished (with generous Cores and Mods and whatever else to make up for it) to allow more space for weapon modification, like reload speed, clip capacity, accuracy, more complex elemental builds, and other properties to allot weaponry a unique aspect in gameplay.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?

The Corpus? A large deal of lore seems to reside on the Grineer, which I don't mind, but I find the Corpus more interesting. I'd like to see their units bolster more of their weaponry, too.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?

I've never had to use it, but I've only heard positive stories from it.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?

I really respect it. Warframe, and all of its glorious design, is free, and with enough work, prized elements are free, too. Even cosmetics locked behind Platinum walls can be attained without real money if one farms Prime parts and sells them.

I understand and support the heinous grind for some gear as well, like Vauban Prime or the Sibear. Digital Extremes must raise some incentive for its consumers to pay them (although I haven't bought Platinum in years...).

Spoiler

How many hours are in your profile?: 2389 hours and counting

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?: About a month once, just because I was into other games at the time that deserved attention and there wasn't much updating going on in warframe. So i focused on other things instead

When did you start playing warframe?: October 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?: 2. First one I left because of clan leader rubbing me the wrong way constantly.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?: I'm a warlord in the current clan I'm in, and have pretty much done everything for research etc up to date.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?: Couldn't say, some just poof without saying anything and thats the last you see of them for sevearl hundred days on their timers.

Have your views changed over the years?: Not much really.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?: See above

Were you an avid viver/draco player?: Only to relevel stuff I forma'd, played game normally for everythin else.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?: Spy, honestly.

What is your least favorite?: Survival and Defense, i just hate sitting in the same spot for hours on end.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?: Clan members are never around, and its usually faster for me to go play solo.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?: I can pretty much handle anything on my own. Sorties included. If its exterminate survival rescue capture sabotage etc that isn't MD or Defense or Interception I can pretty much handle it up to sortie levels. I've soloed Hour + survivals before on my own to just grind prime parts in T3/4 survivals before.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?: No, all I need to complete current need of acquisition of all currently available to me in mastery points is the smeeta kavat. Otherwise I have everything thats available to me.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?: I don't play PVP at all.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?: I barely waste my time watching youtube.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?: Heavy I'd say. I'm not hardcore enough to do what some folk have done and go to multiple of hours survival or defense or interception solo. I just don't have the patience to do something like that.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc): I've been a gamer since I was young. I owned an intellevision and NES growing up, grew up on console, then switched to pc later on in the early 2000s.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?: It can be quite mixed in its good and bad whilst some others are more toxic in general

What keeps you playing the game?: I don't even know anymore. Just waiting to see what comes out I guess.

What do you hope for long term in future updates?: More gamemodes and more open world tilesets / exploration gamemode maybe

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?: Bugs, bugs first, everything else after. Spawning bug is still not fixed since 2013. Can we please fix this already?

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?: Despite taking a fair amount of time, given they have millions of players total, and have probably hundreds of thousands of trouble tickets to work through. Theyve gotten everything I needed them to have done, done. And to me thats all that matters.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?: Its fine as is, it doesn't need to change, you can pay to get access to stuff faster, or you can get everything for free. Better than most games that are "F2P"

Spoiler

How many hours are in your profile? 2521 hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Longest was a couple of months. The reasons every time is to let the game grow without me knowing all the details.

When did you start playing warframe? Febuary 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Three clans

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Nope

Have your views changed over the years? Although I may disagree with some changes, the game has continually kept it's potential and I want to see where that goes.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Yes but not really for the exp. I was there because I could regularly find people there.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Spy. Slaughtering in the thousands with regular weapons.

What is your least favorite? Fissure sabotage, the group tends to get split up. The worst part is probably how you can solo (and the game becomes harder) yet we can't get the same rewards. Derelict vaults and raid rewards are completely shut-off to a solo player. Void fissures are much harder yet we're not allowed to take four relics with us for a better chance.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Public games, no need to bother someone through chat.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I can solo an entire sortie with my own loadouts. However I can't really answer this question. Solo play reduces the enemies number but also gives them dramatic buffs. Making the enemies harder than when playing with a group of four.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Not really

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Darksectors caused toxicity and ultimately failed as people turned away due to a vast amount of flaws. Pvp flopped a long time ago, Warframe just isn't a game for pvp. The only time I've seen people happily play pvp is in the dojo. Just completely random battling for no reason.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Nope

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Meat Popsicle

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Warframe was my first sort of online-in-game-community thing. My background is just all over the place; rpg, (turn-based) stagey, fps, action-adventure, Nintendo (various things that entails), and more.

What keeps you playing the game? The potential it still has.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Great, I've seen how many people may react after not getting support in a while. However we are a large community and support still gets through eventually.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Good, there is nothing that is completely stuck behind a pay wall that affects your game-play and you can't pay your way to victory through the store alone.

Edited by Postal_pat

How many hours are in your profile? 1668 hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Yep, 2 months during Gradivus. I play many games at the same time and one of them got a really good update during that time. Now the game is dead.

When did you start playing warframe? 3 years ago, July 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 4

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? 2 of them, but never the warlord.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? None

Have your views changed over the years? A bit

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Community, but is normal. As the game have more players, we have more bad players.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Hell no, leveled everything I have doing random missions.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Maybe Mobile Defense or Sabotage, lore and gunplay.

What is your least favorite? Survivals and PvP

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I'm a solo player, but between pub and clan members, clan ofc

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?  50-70, I don't have specific loadouts, I use what I want in the mission, but the Latron Prime is my most trusted weapon.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yep

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I don't like PvP and the Dark Sector system was a failure.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Nope

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Heavy

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) MMORPGs (Mabinogi, Lineage 2, Neverwinter, Grand Chase, MU Online, etc), RTS (Supreme Commander, Age of Empires, The Settlers and a tons of City Builders and 4X) and a bunch of MMOFPS and FPS (Crossfire, Battlefield, Arma, Old CODs)

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? One of the most helpfull, but of course, many salty players

What keeps you playing the game? Lore, cool guns, cool swords and cool kills.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More lore, better endgame, Tau System and Umbra Rhino

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? End Game, tutorials and MOAR LORE!

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Very helpful, they helped me with a problem using my old VGA but they're a litle slow

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? One of, if not the most fair F2P system I have ever seen. DE did a really good job. After playing many games that forced me to buy things to advance, Warframe, Path of Exile and many MOBAs are changing how people view F2P games. 3 years playing and still recommend to everyone

How many hours are in your profile? According to Steam, 1699. I expect that to change later today, though.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? A couple, though they were at random times and for random lengths of time. I guess I'd just forget to play the game for a while.

When did you start playing warframe? Not sure how to find out the exact date, but it was right after the Pyrana released.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Just one, with a couple friends.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I'm one of the original two in the clan that really got into the game. We share the highest rank.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Oxium costs, mostly We've been able to keep up with most things. It's just a matter of both the clan and the game getting larger, though far from overwhelmingly so.

Have your views changed over the years? I used to be interested in getting the best stuff. Though once Limbo happened, I drastically turned and now I mostly go for what I think looks/works fun. Otherwise, not particularly. Game's always been fun for me, and if anything it's only gotten more so over time.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? All hail the Mighty Limbro.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No. I went to both of those nodes once to clear them out. I like the steady grind of "sub-optimal" XP acquisition. Makes it feel like I'm accomplishing something, instead of just having it done immediately. I honestly think that grinding at that level of efficiency cheapens the game.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Split between Ext and Survival. I like how simple they both are, and with friends Survivals can be really fun. Defense and Interception are also up there, though pretty much as a group-only thing. Also Spy missions whenever they release new vaults and I have to solve the puzzles. Can I just say all of the above? And as for my favorite part, I'd say both the gameplay variety and story. The sheer amount of uniqueness in frame and weapon usage is one of my biggest draws, and a constantly-evolving lore is one of my biggest keeps.

What is your least favorite? Eh. Mobile Defense, I guess. Not very deep.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? With friends, be they clan members or not. Just not pubs. I'm just not really a fan of being on a team with people I don't know.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? D: all of the above

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? The Sibear's ridiculous cryotic cost Oh yeah. I still need to get a lot of prime things and weapons. Kurias and fragments now, too.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Eh. PvP is fun with friends, and I never had much experience with Dark Sectors.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? In the earlier days, yes. Now I mostly just watch them for comedy and gathering the thoughts of others.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Not sure, honestly. I'd say casual, myself, but my hour counts would probably disagree with me. 

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) D: all of the above

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?In general, one of the best I've seen. It does of course have some bad apples, and some bad moments, but otherwise I'd say the community is remarkably good. 

What keeps you playing the game? I enjoy it. :P

What do you hope for long term in future updates? A specific Venus tileset that is volcanic. Aside from that, I trust DE to do cool/fun stuff.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Archwing still needs hugs. Badly.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? N/A

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I like. Makes a lot of money for DE without being pushy. Market revamp helped a lot as well.

Spoiler

How many hours are in your profile? 18xx hrs and still counting.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Yes. When Nyx P got introduced, I took a quite long break (I was going to uni + working + actual social life at the same time so no gametime) and came back JUST to do that first bursa hacking competitive event because apparently it was a headcount event and my clan at that time needed everyone to finish it, then I took some break again and came back again for real around Ash P I guess. Maybe it was a year break long? Idk.

When did you start playing warframe? 2014ish perhaps. I don't really remember.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Perhaps 5. First one was a clan of my old RL friend, it was a two man ghost clan. Then since he didn't show any interest on the game, I jumped ship and entered the #1 clan for a while. You know what clan it was. Since I had to take a long break, I left the clan after few events. When I came back, I just clanhopped some random clans until I made a one man clan myself.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? The first one, yes since we were the warlords. And my now one man ghost clan (obv a warlord).

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Whenever DE "balanced" stuff, we always looked for some other way to do it and successfully found some metas or even exploits (which always got fixed few hours after). Good times.

Have your views changed over the years? Yes of course. Now I don't feel any hype anymore whenever they introduced some new mechanics or whatever it is. I even have low expectation now since I don't really wanna be let down for the hundreds time.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? The in game experiences. I've never bothered with forum or pubs back then since it were (Idk if it still are) a gathering of whiteknights + the nonexistant freedom of speech.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Only if I had to.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Spy before I memorized all the shortcuts. Now it's survival. If you mean favorite part of the mode, then survival IMO is a mode where we have to be aggressive, running jumping parkouring and shooting around (I only camp if I'm farming some mats, if I'm doing a fun run I'm not camping). If you mean favorite part of the game as whole, you can find it somewhere below.

What is your least favorite? Excavation and defense. Not only we have to defend something, but the enemies are spawning slowly. Especially a defense, it's a snorefest for me.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Since I'm in one man clan, I'd say pubs. But if I can choose the third option, then I prefer go solo.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? 100 - 300 I guess. My comfort zone is where I'm on the edge of my seat, not caring about the music blaring on my ears and putting my attention on the game trying to not die and killing stuff left and right at the same time.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Fragments. I got my kuria badge already so I'm not gonna scan the rest just for an ornament. Also plat, there's not enough plat for everyone.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? If you mean by pvp is conclave, then DE seriously need a dedicated server. I enjoy killing virtual people but when you're having some input lags and got gutted out of nowhere, it becomes frustating. I know this is a PVE focused game and you always honed all of its elements, but imagine if you can hold a PVP tournament of Warframe (you might read more on this below later). As for DS, I only did it like twice so I can't really comment on this one. But I'm kinda curious on what DE gonna do on DS 2.0.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Hell no. I avoid Youtubers or any e-celebs at all cost. IMO they play for money, not for the fun and it's not fun to have same build as other 100 other players. Just because you're sitting and playing a videogame then upload it to internet doesn't mean you're good. Yes, even if you have like 1 gorillion subscribers, you might be liked and famous but that does not mean you can trashtalk everyone else in-game.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? More than heavy but not really hardcore since I very rarely have the motivation to go hours of survival. That and ADHD.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) In general? I guess Ragnarok Online had shaped my online self. I was fully invested in that game for 5/6 years before. If we go deeper, then it's platforming (Tomba, Mario Bros, Crash Bandicoot, Megaman perhaps), then action (DMC, GoW). So you can say that's why I like WF. It has platforming and action elements. I wish WF is an open world game in the future though.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? The communities? Idk since any dramas got shutdown quickly by the mods. I can only enjoy an online game if there are many dramas. This might sounds wrong but I enjoy discords, even if it's among my own ranks. So yeah I need more flames.

What keeps you playing the game? I don't even know, maybe loads of free time. Now since I got my perfect Kavat I only log in to do some choir sorties. You can say it's a habit. And it's a bad one.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Stop nerfing stuff left and right but buff everything else (even the enemies) instead. Fix existing problems first before adding some more problems. Stop giving a mode nobody requested for (Lunaro, AW). More frames. More tactical alerts. More competitive events. A dedicated server. An open world game (imagine us exploring the galaxies). Perhaps an EVO / The International but specifically for WF would be nice even though I dunno what we're gonna compete on. Those are my hopes.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Buff some sucky weapons (too many to count) and frames (Oberon, Limbo, etc). And more cosmetics. Oh and the most important of all, the Syndicates. It feels like the syndicates are there just for the point sinks. Tie them into the storyline too, be it main or secondary storyline so we can deal with stalker/lotus/past storyline but also we can deal with the present syndicate stuff. It's not really hard to write some storyline since this is a videogame where everything can happen. Also make the story for each syndicates different so we can feel some "impact" and consequences. Today videogames are very afraid to do that (like in Skyrim, you're a dragonborn but you can be part of companion, also a legendary thief and a part of the most famous assassination squad. I don't know if you became the leader of those since I only went one playthrough of Skyrim when it came out back then). Make us feel unique for pledging our alliance to a certain syndicate.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? I haven't use their service much so I can't really comment on this one but I heard people were (or still are?) having a problem with a certain staff there. The alias starts with an "R" after the usual [DE].

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? People said it's bad, like farming Kavat DNAs, or some ridiculous mat costs. But IMO, this is a F2P game so if you don't want to cash in some $$$ you better work your a$$ in-game to get what you want. I scanned more than 2k Kavats before I got mine now. When you think you're suffering, there'll be someone who suffered more than you. Kinda a reverse of that saying "There are skies above skies". So tbh I never really hit a wall with this business type. As long as the devs stay developing the game and the "businessmen" stay on the finance stuff and not trying to get lumped in creative control, I'm fine with it.

How many hours are in your profile? - 2879

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? - Yes, I get kinda bored of the grind, so when new games come out I spent a couple hundred hours playing them & then I come back, I still d the daily logs though.

When did you start playing warframe? - Update 11

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? - 1

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? - Im one of the Warlords in my clan, Im also head of research & recruitment.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? - Some members dislike certain features the "ruin the game" for them, or they just get bored over time, about half of the clan has stayed loyal & has logged daily since U.11.

Have your views changed over the years? - I still look forward to every update in anticipation for something new & exciting.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? - I wouldnt say avid, but when I needed to get things done in a timely manor, xini/viver/draco were the places to go.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? - My favorite game mode was t4 survivals, staying a minimum of an hour, seeing how far I could push my gear, I think that also answers the favorite part.

What is your least favorite? - I freaking hate spy, I think it is the worst game mode in game that has ever been added.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? - I prefer to play with clanmates, just so we can communicate using discord and be well coordinated.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? - I usually dont care about super specific loadouts, as long as you can hold your own & benefit the team, you are good to go.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? - As of right now, nothing, I have every mod in game, every oddity, all of the frames & weapons (except for founders items & the braton/lato vandal).

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? - PVP is not my type of game, but I can see why they are fun to certain players, Darksectors are a god idea in theory, but they need to be tweaked alot before they can be added back in game, the old system just didnt work.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? - I used to watch Mogamu for builds when I was like MR 5, but now that I am MR 22, I am pretty capable fo coming up with builds myself, I still watch AGGP & Quiette Shy, but for the comedy, not for tips.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? - I would consider myself a heavy gamer, still balancing uni, work & warframe.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) - I am more of an rpg/mmorpg player.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? - Warframes community is great compared to other games, the community is very helpful and accommodating to new players & I think that that is great.

What keeps you playing the game? - You are a freaking space ninja, whats not to love?

What do you hope for long term in future updates? - More lore, possibly an even greater variety in melee weapons & buffing the right gear enough to make it just a little more powerful (scythes).

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? - I feel like I answered this above.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? - Ok I guess, Ive only used them like once or twice.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? - I think the f2p model warframe uses works, there are microtransactions if you want them, but they arent shoving them down the players throats, which is quite nice. Everything can be earned for free with enough time & effort.

that's a lot of questions.

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:
  • How many hours are in your profile?
    • XiSct2I.png
    • though honestly, especially with the older UI we had to deal with, there has to be atleast 300 hours in total of upgrading mods and managing Inventory, which isn't tracked.
  • Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?
    • a ~6 month stent in 2013. my Clan (not my Warframe Clan, but the one i've been with for years in many games) stopped playing Warframe. so my playtime almost entirely stopped for a while. but i play Warframe for myself, and there's lots of other people to play with.
    • no other extensive periods. few days or even a week here and there because i play lots of different games... so they all compete for time.
  • When did you start playing warframe?
    • my Forum Account age is accurate to the day that i started playing. Jan.6.2013.
    • so during Update 5.2.
  • How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?
    • two. i've been thinking about making it three for a while.
  • Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?
    • both. one because it was all Friends from the start and the other because of being stable and reasonable.
  • If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?
    • ironically much of U8 was why my Clan stopped playing Warframe. the 0.67% Chance for Forma meant to have a Dojo one of us was forced to just buy buckets of Forma because 0.67% is the same as 0% in effect.
    • but those guys also have short attention spans and they burn through games quickly anyways. any other games we play together tends to last a week or two tops, often just a few days. they stuck around for Warframe for months, though.
  • Have your views changed over the years?
    • no. i still nitpick everything about this game. and it's still awesome.
    • just as others describe me, 'hates everything' is an attitude i had many years before playing Warframe. i've been brutal on it since day 1.
  • If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?
    • community != how good a game it is or isn't. this game isn't my first time seeing people on the Internet. i know how people act, and they act like this everywhere. nothing to see here.
  • Were you an avid viver/draco player?
    • why would i? there was lots of stuff to do in the game, like play it. i avoided playing the single popular Infested Defense Node years ago when possible as well. but the game was small enough then that not playing that one Node actually made it hard to find any other Players to play with.
    • nowadays i play whatever the f... i want because i do all of the things i need/want to do anyways while enjoying my time playing everything in the game.
  • What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?
    • ..... i can't give an answer to this question. there's lots of cool things.
  • What is your least favorite?
    • Ubisoft?
  • Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?
    • alone, Friends, Randoms - doesn't matter. if Friends are around i'll prefer them obviously but it doesn't really matter much who i play with. i like doing it all.
  • What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?
    • the game starts to fall apart and strongly encourage the types of game disabling cheese we all know somewhere around Lv60 when in an Endless Mission give or take. you can play relatively comfortably for a while past that, Enemy Levels increasing just increases the likeliness to die to things that you shouldn't have (i.e. bulls...)
  • Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?
    • there's some things. i have just about everything. i don't tend to specifically go out of my way to push for those things i don't have though. i'll get them sometime, in the meantime i'll enjoy the game.
  • What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?
    • i don't care. 
    • i didn't care in Firefall, i didn't care in Dungeon Defenders, i didn't care in Guild Wars, i don't care in Interstellar Marines, i don't care in Red Faction, i wouldn't care in Mass Effect, the list goes on.
    • i have no interest in playing 'the same PvP you've seen for decades in games already' in yet another game. i. just. don't. care. to get me interested in someone's game, it needs to be different, or feel different. why would i want to play 'yet another of the thing i've played many times over the years'?
    • games built around PvE to begin with that try to create PvP out of that also end up in a mess. the things you do for one or the other tend to clash.
  • Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?
    • only entertainment. i already know what i'm doing, they're just making stupid jokes for me to laugh at.
  • Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?
    • i'll let others make those distinctions. i've been all of them over the years, depending on the game. in Warframe i'm not sure what i am because the hings that are 'hardcore' according to other Players - aren't. there is no incentive, and also little to no difficulty.
    • the game is pretty casual in the first place. but i tend to take every moment in games seriously. just because the game isn't cheating to make you lose doesn't mean i'm going to lower my guard. or however else you'd like to work that. either way i'm going to use the Tools available to me as best as possible. it's those Tools and Et Cetera that are why the game is cool anyways, so if i didn't it'd be pretty bland!
  • What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)
    • some of everything. 'MMORPG' is very low on the graph, but everything else has a pretty solid background.
    • a lot of everything, in other words. hundreds upon hundreds.
  • Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?
    • it's the Internet. the Internet is always the same.
  • What keeps you playing the game?
    • it's fun to play it. that should be everyone's reason...
  • What do you hope for long term in future updates?
    • more cool stuff. making the stuff we have better.
  • What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?
    • not going here for this Thread. too many different big and little things to nitpick about, that i already nitpick around these parts anyways.
  • Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?
    • only disappointments i've had were from very strange requests on my part. asking for account to be reverted back 24hr, and asking for a lot of Omega Isotopes that didn't save due to Server load - both declined.
    • actual problems though, just fine.
  • Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?
    • if it was crappy, i wouldn't have spent money, or very much money. i also probably wouldn't still be here.
    • since it's relatively fair across the board, i've spent more money on Warframe than any other game, ever. by a huge margin.

Edited by taiiat

1461 hours according to my game profile, which is about 600 less than steam reports for reasons unknown.

No

Around update 6

One

Yes

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?

The devs make lots of mistakes but keep adding content. More mistakes = fewer players. More content = more players. It mostly balances out.

Yes.

The more time has passed the more pessimistic I have become, based on developer actions.

No.

Favorite = Exterminate, Survival.

Least favorite = Stealth 2.0, Arena, Excavation, Hijack, Interception, Trial, Sabotage 2.0.

I promised over a decade ago that I would never PUG again.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?

Any. I keep a diverse & flexible loadout. That said, certain mission types require a fast frame (capture) and certain missions require a frost (defense).

I have decided not to collect a few of the unreasonably difficult or expensive items.

I don't & won't PVP.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?

No.

Heavy. I used to be hardcore but after 30 years of gaming it's starting to feel monotonous.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)

Not sports or puzzle. All else is good.

Brown nosers towards the devs. Otherwise they're pretty nice as far as game communities go.

New content.

New content.

Stop changing the good things by making them worse.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?

Support usually takes at least 2 weeks to get back to me and my friends. Warframe the most abysmally long support times I've ever experienced. That said, the support team is a pretty nice bunch of people.

Could be better, could be worse. Either way, it's one of my most played games of all time.

Edited by mrecentric

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

1977 hours in mission time almost 3000 hours total time.

Yes biggest one being 3 weeks or so. Lack of content at the moment and personal duties.

A couple of years ago.

Just one. A small clan owned by just me and a friend of mine.

I am second in command.

Considering we have few regulars many new players get on the game and then give up. We have a rule here we remove members from the clan that haven't logged in for 75 days without informing us of their absence. The number we had to remove throughout is more than you might think.

I started playing the game thinking I was playing space ninjas trying to make a war effort. After my first year I realized I was playing a heavy grind game and as many seasoned players do I opted for efficiency over fun. What I learned from this is that ALL players getting into this game (me included once) have a very serious misconception of what the game is. That is what gives birth to players complaining about "press 4 to win" frames or OP frames. They have this misconception that others use these frames due to lack of skill instead of an effort to be efficient but when they clock in their 1000th hour and they are getting nowhere with their inefficient pace they jump on the other side of the fence. In short this game is "BE EFFICIENT TO WIN" incarnate leading to the overwhelming use of "cheap" (see fast efficient tactics) and that is lost to any and all newer players.

Both. As it is inferred by my previous answer the community exchanges between new and old players opened my eyes to the evolution of the phenomenon. When I finally accepted it and adopted it was when I was trying to farm Orokin cells from Sargas Cook getting 5 every 20 minutes and then I went for a run on Draco (RIP buddy you will be missed) and got 5 in 10 minutes.

Lol yes ofc. I played EVERYTHING mind you soloing tier 3 sorties for laughs and kicks. But when I wanted to build my gear I went there with no remorse.

Spy and extended Survivals. Spy because it is very objective based and has good pacing. Survivals because I like the gradual build up in difficulty. I miss 1 hour solo T4S runs now.

Conclave. Coming from me is a bit hypocritical because I have Teshin's Syndicate maxed out but I only did it because of some skins I wanted. Slogging through it with its constant glitches,bad p2p hosts and erratic gameplay was the single most painful thing I have done in this game. I like warframe but god damn it was never designed to have PvP.

Clan members.

I can go up to level 50s with joke loadouts.

Nothing that interests me.

Already answered that so...

When I started yes to some extend. But then I started formulating my own opinions and strats when I realized even they are not perfect and have some objectively wrong opinions. Now I watch them for fun.

Jaded hardcore. I might start getting flashbacks one day when I hear about the sun. We will see.

Shooter,rpg games. I also like survival and horror games. Dead Space was one of my favourite franchises (RIP one more lamb for EAs sacrificial pit).

People are more lax for the most part. I have seen both cringe and fun. It is an enjoyable community.

THE GRIND. GIVE IT TO ME. THROUGH THE GAME OR THROUGH FOOD OR INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS OR GIVE IT TO ME AS A SUPPOSITORY.  GRIND.

For the game to stop being all over the place. What do I mean. There is a certain effort to make the game more reflex based and change its focus on efficiency to skill without touching the mechanics that make it so grindy. I know I said I live and breath grind BUT I also enjoy fast paced gameplay with high risk high reward mechanics. Warframe makes it best to pigeon hole players into high risk with the recent nerfs (no I will not call them rebalances they objectively weren't that) but still keep the same high grind low reward core. It has identity crisis and it is getting on my nerves.

Enemy scaling,weapon and equipment viability. I know many say the creation of an end game but with games such as this the end game is the end of the grind itself not the higher level end content. Since (if) the game is heading towards skill based gameplay with high rewards for such skill then we may as well balance stuff to be useful.

Personally never needed them (somehow). But my friend (the clan warlord) has needed their help in the best and they performed well. They do a good job a far as I am concerned.

Focus the vision on what the game should be and consistently follow through with it.

How many hours are in your profile? 1500 clocked hours (non-steam). It's actually almost precisely 1500 at the time of writing this, no joke.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? I have taken several breaks, the longest being around a month.

When did you start playing warframe? I started playing in August of 2013.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Only one.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I founded the clan I am a part of.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? My clan has been affected in the same statistically as I would say most casual clans are. Generally speaking, each update brings a swell of new players and as the updates age we see a general decline in player interest. 

Have your views changed over the years? Considerably. Although I'm not sure what context the question is meant to be phrased in. 

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Neither, or perhaps both, but mostly due to growth or change in my personal life.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? When it first became a thing, I participated a decent amount. But as time went on and my free time has dwindled, I find it harder and harder to justify using my limited time on this kind of farming. 

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Invasions have always had a special place in my heart, ever since the arcane version of Cross-fire back in like update 8 was a thing. A bunch of corpus, who I didn't even knew existed in the game yet, showed up in a Grineer ship and I was both terrified and awestruck. 

What is your least favorite? PvP, if you consider it a game mode in the classical sense.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I would say it's evenly split, but I find myself playing more public matches simply because it is often more convenient to my limited play time.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I am comfortable with just about any mission type at any level so long as I know what to expect prior. 

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Roughly speaking I think I've collected about 80% of what the game has to offer.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? An ambitious but misguided project. It could be fun, but PvP in Warframe tries to do too many things okay rather than just a few things well. For this reason I have seen it fail multiple times during my time playing Warframe, and yet we keep hammering our heads against the rock that is PvP expecting the next result to turn out differently. 

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Yes, though usually not until I have already experienced the content in question myself. I like to keep an open mind.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I am a hardcore casual.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) A mix of things, primarily first person shooters, puzzle games, and open world type adventures.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? I have not been nearly as active in any community as this one, but from my limited experience elsewhere, Warframe's community and dev transparency to said community is second to none. Other companies are learning, but they're several years behind the curve.

What keeps you playing the game? My clan and the awesome people in it.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More time to play the future updates, purely personal.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? The new player experience and clan/alliance community tools/features/content. 

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? They do what they can, but often seem overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tickets that need addressing (which in my opinion is evidence to suggest a systemic problem somewhere else). There is definitely great variance between how one support ticket is handled from another in my experience. Some experiences have been great, others not so great.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I have always been a huge advocate of their business model, which I think for the most part has the players enjoyment at the focus. There is still a long way to go, because I think there are refinements that need to be made in order to prevent trapping inexperienced players, and I think their are other fare and worthwhile revenue opportunities DE is missing out on because of less than ideal business practices.

How many hours are in your profile? 974 Hours in mission, and through Steam 2,232 hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?Yes, a couple weeks, maybe 3 weeks, really just because I've been very burnt out by some of the grind and would rather just save myself from permanently being burnt out so I just wait for the next update. Been doing this since about U17

When did you start playing warframe? November 21, 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? A total of 4

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes, 3 of them

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Not at all from what I can tell.

Have your views changed over the years? Not that I'm aware of.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Yes, but I played it normally, with no cheesing tactics.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Survival/Extraction, purely because after a while there are hordes of enemies, although I still don't like the oxygen/defending part.

What is your least favorite? I dislike spy missions. The varying amount of difficulty that some vaults have over others is astonishingly large. And I despise Grineer vaults with a passion. There is close to no indication of where to go, which way to go, or where the vault even is sometimes, along with the grineer vaults having far more obnoxious obstacles, and not to mention the IMO horrible mini-game that is Grineer Hacking, an orange interface on brighter orange background with a very quickly moving orange indicator that speeds up and switches direction every time, along with no clear timer and the potential to undo what you've just done.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Public games, or with friends (are not members of current clan)

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Everything below raids. Defense and excavation generally need a frost though.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? I have the vast majority of weapons/mods. Safe to say 98% completion

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Not my cup of tea, specifically due to the nature of the game.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Nope

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I spend practically all my free time playing games.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Lots of FPS, TPS, MMOs, and RTS games.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Warframe's community an 8.5 out of 10. And for reference, no other game goes past 8.

What keeps you playing the game? Fashionframe is the true endgame.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Refer to the above.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Refer to the above.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Only had to contact support twice, both were resolved and I got my platinum back. Took a couple days but they were friendly and understanding.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Almost perfect. Some things need to have their platinum prices looked at though. I very much dislike how every time a new resource is added, DE always shoehorns it into new items even when it makes almost no sense at all, as well as the entire concept of combination weapons. The grind is also quite tedious for certain resources like cryotic/oxium.

How many hours are in your profile? Steam? 2500 ish, Profile? 2300 ish

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Once after the second month of playing. i didn't understand blueprints and mastery so the game quickly grew objectiveless at the time. i did it for, idk, half a year? i missed a couple of big events, and came back when oberon came out.

When did you start playing warframe?  shortly after it started open beta

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Two :) i got out of my first cause i was bored and wanted to create my own clan, where i am now.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Nah, leadership aint my thing, i help wherever and whenever but i don't fancy having big shoes to fill.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? My first clan has had its ups and downs, dwindling quite a bit since the grandmaster went afk irl. but from what i hear it's growing again which is nice.

Have your views changed over the years? Yes, while i do still love the game, and maybe also because i love the game, every flaw or deadline not kept or lie from the devs kills me a little inside. at those time i remember there are other games and leave for a day or two.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? In-game and dev related.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? i never actually played viver but i have used draco quite a bit. there are some weaps which you simply cannot be bothered with leveling regularly. plus there was the time i completely switched syndicates so it helped a lot.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? just for playing i like survival. its chaotic and fun, plus i can leave whenever i wish.

What is your least favorite? Mobile Defense. freaking thing feels so unrewarding every time.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I used to play with my clan and in public but ever since i switched to my clan i mostly solo since most of my previous guildmates either stop playing or rarely do. plus i currently have crappy internet.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I like dusting off every frame whenever i can (except Limbo) so it varies according to what each warframe can achieve. plus i like using themed sets of weaps so that doesn't help getting into super high level stuff. between 40 and hundred i guess?

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? not much, i'm currently missing the agkuza to level. other than that codex related stuff since i never got too much into those

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? i hate pvp in general (not just in warframe) so i'm not a fan.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? sometimes they point out something i have not noticed, but mostly no.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? heavy casual i guess xD

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) first experiences with pokemon back with pokemon red and blue, and then i got a ps2 (jak &Daxter, spyro, Final fantasy where my main ones). after that it was pc all the way with singleplayer focused games (oblivion, assassin's creed and other similar stuff. heck warframe was my first mmo.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? i don't really delve into other communities, Warframe's the only i care about.

What keeps you playing the game? hungry for new warframes and how the game develops as a whole. and fun, for the most part.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? jeez.. all warframes with fun and balanced kits. ( never gonna happen but a man can dream). melee improvements since it gets stale rather quick, would be cool if they added dynasty warriors type combos. balance and logic pass on all weaps. improve status as a whole. improve IPS. give machetes a proper stance or incorporate them into the one-handed category. having the dark-split sword become what it was meant to be and allow for it to change stances mid game. moar quests. focus rebalance. more from the tenno other than kids that sit around looking pretty all day and scream whenever i tell them.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? since there is no near future when it comes to warframe, all of the above.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? went there once, problem was on my side. easy fix. no other problems

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? its a f2p model that has made me want to spend more on it than all the games i have ever played combined, even though i didn't need to. its fantastic.

5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

So here are my questions:

How many hours are in your profile? 3100

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? A couple of days due to nothing to do. But with raids and sorties I play at least 2 hours a day.

When did you start playing warframe? Around the end of update 8, so like 2-3 years ago?

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Only one "Rising Angels", have been there since I started. the warlord and I meet in RL and I currently manage it when he is absent.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?  Yes, I currently manage my clan.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? I have dabbled into everything this game has to offer. For PvE the game has gained massive amount of retention starting update 18 and had a huge positive impact on the playerbase. As for PvP it was all good untill update 16, then it became an absolute cancer of terrible development, poor planning and the exodus of over 500+ devout 1000+ hour players.

Have your views changed over the years? Not really, my expectations remain the same as when i started playing. Although I always wished that they focused on making more fun arcade'y endless modes. Something that will make me want to play for fun and not just to complete sortie/raids.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Not really.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Yes and no. By the time draco came out I was pretty high leveled. I really only used draco to exclusively forma weapons multiple times. Although the majority of my time was spent on playing other modes I can confidently say that I did exploit draco when it came to the more tedious leveling.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Raids, they're fun, challenging and you make big bucks from them. I like games that challenge me, but I also like those mindless modes to just chill and talk to friends or listen to podcasts.

What is your least favorite? Endless modes, theyre fun when you play them for lolz or to passively get loot. But if you are trying to complete or obtain something it feels like an absolute drag.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I try to avoid public as much as possible unless i play a mode where I can carry. 

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Any  mission, im really geared.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Other than primed chamber and some vandals no.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Pre u16, best thing ever. Post U16 the absolute worst thing DE has ever put resources into.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? No, personally I hate "gaming" youtubers. I also don't like people who are affiliated with DE when producing content, since i feel the bias. The only person I see speak out against the development of warframe was Fait, and Froze? i forget, mad respect for the "warframe problems" stream. For the most part its milking, you can condense every weapon video into a 7 min tutorial on how to mod various weapons. I personally would like to see more veteran warframe youtubers come into the scene, people who actually try to break warframe, people who study and fully understand the mechanics of the game other than "hurr durr this is berserker viable".

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I would say medicore. I have loads of time to play video games, but I juggle other hobbies, a job and the gym and soon education at my local college.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I Started gaming at 4 years old, UT 99 lan party with my dad. I played shooters, 1st and 3rd. I played loads of adventure titles, platformers, single player experiences of all statures. I dont play MMORPGs at all, I never touch strategies but ill delve into some games that share mechanics from those genres. The only thing I avoid like the plague is "hero based shooters" those are trash "looking at you overwatch" 

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It's a mixed bag. I have met some really nice people. But holy @$@$, I assure you I have seen my fair share of stupidity and scumbaggery.

What keeps you playing the game? The loot, selling arcanes making my Frost Prime even more invincible. 

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More endless game modes, a tweak to Frost Prime's model, another raid, more cosmetics.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? They really need to fix the damage system, the melee system needs to be more streamline and easy and most importantly removing PvP so they can divert resources to what it more profitable.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? For me exclusively, outstanding. But I have read the horror stories on reddit so yea.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? It's as fair as it is possibly oing to get for both sides. And quite frankly it's the main thing that keeps this game afloat.

1. How many hours are in your profile?  2568 
  2. Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? yes because my siblings, classes, cooking, sports, are art
  3. When did you start playing warframe? first day on ps4
  4. How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 7'ish 
  5. Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? nope
  6. If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? not much
  7. Have your views changed over the years? seems less "new" and oooh whats that as you know everything in the game even with new content
  8. If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? okay'ish but there are some pervs and lurkers who bother me time to time or solo
  9. Were you an avid viver/draco player? nope I hardly ever grind tbh
  10. What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Survival
  11. What is your least favorite? not survival
  12. Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Any, no preference
  13. What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I prefer lv 150-250 depends sometimes
  14. Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? IF i  wasting my already waisted time, then yes ;)
  15.  What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? easy and fun
  16. Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? nope, I mostly see only decent builds there
  17. Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? hardcore when I'm on
  18. What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) pokemon & kindgom hearts all ik besides warframe
  19. Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? uhm no
  20. What keeps you playing the game? spending hours changing my frame looks, and am bored whenever i'm not doing "something"
  21. What do you hope for long term in future updates? yeah if they accept my art
  22. What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? anything
  23. Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? never needed support
  24. Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? idc, they're doing fine whatever they're doing ^-^
Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile? 3161 Hrs, according to steam.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? I did have one where I stayed away for about a week, but that was mostly because of LEGO Star Wars :P

When did you start playing warframe? Around update 9.5, specifically August 19, 2013.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Two, I left my first one because it became inactive.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Well, no, but I do have much more experience, if that counts...

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? I wouldn't know, I'm not them...

Have your views changed over the years? Well, I still believe that everything has a purpose, so...no, I guess.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? If anything, those two things just enhanced my views.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No/a little.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Sabotage missions, and I just love the full color customization given to us.

What is your least favorite? Endless missions and The community nothing else, really.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Solo.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? 40-45 missions, anything else I'll just go public.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yes.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Nope. If Dark Sectors becomes PVE again, I might reconsider.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Yes, but after a while I just decided to follow my own path (a.k.a. I don't watch them anymore).

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Heavy. I have way too much energy to be casual, and I'm too 17 to be Hardcore.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Mostly FPS and Handhelds. HL2 and TF2 will NEVER DIE.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Decent, I suppose.

What keeps you playing the game? My love for my Little Miss Maggie the gameplay.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More lore please.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Enemy scaling and Damage.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? They were reasonably quick and reliable. Granted, I'd only used it twice.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Excellent in all of it's aspects, bar in-game plat pricing...

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen