Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survey for players with 1000+ hours

Faulcun

How many hours are in your profile?

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?
1 week break since i was on vacation

When did you start playing warframe?
Back in update 7

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?
yes, my own

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?
no effect

Have your views changed over the years?
No

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?
N/A

Were you an avid viver/draco player?
Yes, for leveling up weapons and warframes to get them ready as soon as possible

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?
Defense.
Favorite part of the game is combat itself (tps + powers)

What is your least favorite?
Rush
Least favorite part of the game i would say is the regrind effect, as in grinding for the same content, only slightly different. No ingame mechanic to update existing content such as a regular warframe to a prime one. This caused me to have no prime warframes.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?
Clan members, altough both would be also a reply.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?
Any level currently present ingame, so from 0 to 100, but considering the weakest weapon i have might be the MK1 braton, up to lvl 40 would be ok.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?
Tons and tons of things that i won't bother doing

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?
Effort doesn't have it's own reward like PVE, i feel that even if i get 1st place, i still lost, i still got my &#! kicked, i have no clue on why the other players were so good and that i didn't get enough conclave points. I honestly feel confused when i get 1st place, because it certainly didn't feel like 1st place.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?
No, some sugestions from popular youtubers do not add knowledge, they take it away.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?
Heavy

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)
Started with platforms, went to fps, fighting and strategy games, got into adventure rpg games and i curretly play warframe.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?
A bit unbalanced, you get lot's of great players (behavior wise) and then you get toxic on the smallest things such as trades and trivial missions, i sometimes wonder if players like that are trully toxic for hundreds of hours and how can they remain like that.
But in general, pretty good altough warframe community lacks the tact in understanding other players, game mechanics or DE decisions, some assume everything is a conspiracy and everything is done to make them quit the game.

What keeps you playing the game?
Combat, music and satisfying gameplay

What do you hope for long term in future updates?
Cinematic quests as a bare minimun, i come from mass effect 2 and 3, while 2nd dream was good, that's like the equivalent of 1 mission in the mass effect series, the quest was a bit overrated but it was a nice start, more cosmetic slots (besides A,B,C), a way to convert warframes into primes (and carrying the formas and other investements), more lore via simaris, more dojo colors, more decorations and rooms for dojo.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?
Major updates should get more polish to avoid working on the bugs and extra work to compenssate players for the things that didn't work as planed.
More attention to new game experience and not changing the game to avoid l33t farms and very advanced gameplay option, DE seems to believe the majority of the players can do these things effectively, but they can't, there is still a "effort to reward" thing going on, so only the best can and will take advantage of it.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?
Absolutely amazing on the many, many tickets i have sent, they may have been unable to help me once, but right now it's like it never happened (lost an item, mainly because the update was unpolished).
Never had issues with them.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?
Fantastic, keep up the good work.

Edited by KIREEK

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

1k, give or take few hours.

~3 months, burnout break. Grinding emergency exit TA broke my spirit.

more than year ago, during volt PA when chroma was a new thing

5? Something around that

Nope, ended up setting up one-man-operation.

Years is strong word, but yea. I'm becoming more and more jaded.

Design choices. And time.

I used draco. But i never understood people who 

survivals and exterminates. As for favorite part I'd go with game world.

excavation, interception.

Solo. When going solo would be annoying (as ^ ) i pug. I ran with clannies mainly to share my keys when burning down my stash.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?
I'd say sortie 2. But I avoid recruetment chat, it's turned off for most part.

Quite a bunch. I didn't pass mr19 test, but I'm more or less at this point with MR-fodder aquisition. I never bothered to do raid (though I have JV injector, but never came back there after that), it feels good to have some of content waiting for me. And there is quite a few items left in shop to buy.

I wasn't around for dark sectors. Conclave feels like ut98 and q3, but worse.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?
nope. Though learning that people can get in-game restricitions due to "political" reasons shook my faith heavily.

Casual with too much time and too few good hobbies. So heavy I guess?

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)
all infinity engine rpg's, fallout's 1 and 2, single player action games (stuff like rune, mdk, bioshock, dead space), TC:E mod to wolfenstein 3, jrpg's from snes era (emulators, I'm not that old to actually own that console), and too much time in lol.
And countless more.

self-masturbatory. In a degree I've never witnessed before. Seriousily, it's most narcistic community I've ever seen. It also boasts biggest percentage of vets completely detached from both real world and non-endgame player perspective.
Other than that, rather standard. Mby less jackasses in game itself, probably more white knights.

strength of habit.

fabled dmg 3.0. Not sure what it's supposed to adress, but rebalancing dmg types so corrosive isn't to go element against pretty much everything would be nice. Also weapons rebalance, so weapons w/o high crit affinity can be viable. Also status based weapons need a long look.
And some sort of actual aim in game, other than buying out whole shop and gathering all gear.

Void traces income.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?
Never had an issue that actually needed solving, so can't really say.

I'm still on a fence if turning players into content by outsourcing part of shop to them is brilliant or devious. It's brilliant because it creates envoirement where player can obtain most of content by not paying, but devious since it creates extremely zelaous hate-army who defends nasty cash-grabs (namely whole vault "program").
I can't agree with increasingly agressive monetization as of lately. Keeping vault intact, body-count no being added to any residual droptable, incresingly inconvinient resource costs, whole kavats breeding procedure(and prices if you choose to bypass inconvinience), tennogen items being cash-only steam exclusives to list a few. Those things add up, it'll look less and less f2p friendly title.
Game itself as fun as is, lacks substance. There are no real goals, there is barely no story, there are barely any fleshed out npc's in this world, there barely any impact of your actions.
It's like luxurious sandbox. You can have fun, you can buy fancier shinier toys. But any feeling of acomplishement you may win for yourself is fleeting at best, and falls down easier than any sand castle you've built in your lifetime.

- 3,000+. Picture below.

- Yeah. I take frequent breaks in between major content updates because I've reached a point in the game where I am satisfied on personalized goals.

- Late January of 2013.

- 2 - One a friend created for other friends (who all soon after stopped playing). Quit that clan to make my own solo-oriented clan called 7th Echelon.

- Yeah. Co-founder of my former clan, leader of my current clan.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?
- Apparently negative. Various reasons which are more or less obsolete at this point considering how developed Warframe is now.

- Not extrodinarily. Game is good fun every once in a while.

- The community is a different ball game. I choose to isolate myself from the in-game community because our synergy never works in tandem.

- Viva-la Draco! (A.K.A. Yes)

- Right now, it could be any Archwing. There needs to be more integrity on content for the Archwing scale of Warframe.
- Favorite part of the game? The Second Dream, obviously.

- Defense. Enemy pacing is too slow for my tastes and far too predictable.

- I don't have active clan members and public matchmaking is a mess. I host my own games on the Public setting and whoever wants to join is welcome to do so.

- Level 60-65 or less.

- Absolutely, I just can't be bothered to put in the effort to collect them anymore.

- I still wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

- No. Wiki has been, however.

- Heavy. Formerly hardcore before I started working a paying job.

- FPS (no Call of Duty and other stereotyped garbage), MMOs (slowly phasing out of with the exception of Warframe), Action/Adventure, Simulation, Racing.

- No different than the rest. Toxic and r'tarded is the abundance of them.

- Ember Prime. <3

- I don't have any outstanding wishes at this point. Just kinda going with the flow of DE's creativity now.

- My Lex Prime getting PBR. How hard is it to enable the color tint on some teeny tiny golden bits?

- They've been a helpful bunch who replies to my tickets lightning fast compared to some other companies.

- No doubt Free to Play is becoming more and more toxic but Warframe offers an alternative to getting the things you want with time investment being the trade-off.

qnJHD.jpg

Edited by Trowicia

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile? 1450h

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? yes, i stopped playing arround december 2013 and came back early april 2015

When did you start playing warframe? started on the day of "release" / open beta 18 march

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 2 (one with my friend that i started to play WF with on "release" and my current clan)

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? for my first clan yes, my current clan i am one rank below the leader.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? poeple take a break after a content drought, and many of the first clan friends quit after awhile.

Have your views changed over the years? yes, the game overall became better and it made me come back to it.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? first it was the game experience, but after a while i ment some great poeple who i am to this day playing with.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? yes and no, i leveled most of my weapons normaly unless i had to forma it like 5 times (or more)

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? survival / exterminate / spy (these 3 are the once i love to play, i cant decide which i like more though :/ )

What is your least favorite? excavation, the only reason why i dislike it, no scaling health for the excavators... so you are forced to use frost :/ and even then if frost doesnt keep his shield up its oneshotted... (make the hp scale a bit so it doesnt get oneshotted at lvl 50+ and it might become my fav game mode though)

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? clan member, but i do play public alot though (to help others out)

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? up to level 200ish

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? completed all frames and primary's (that i was able to get ingame without special events) archwing, secondary's and melee to go.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? i like pvp, the only thing i dislike is the lagg from some hosts.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? not really, the wiki did more work then the youtubers (also dont watch alot of youtubers though)

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? "casual" i donno how to give myself some kind of title. if i want something ingame i go die hard for it. and if not i play for fun and have a good time. so i am 50/50 on this one

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) grew up with games, played aladin when i was 5 D: and played all kinds of games. (from shooters to strategy to mmorpgs) if the game looks fun i will try it.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? all depends on what update came out though, this community can be as toxic as the League of Legends community, its only when there is a big change though (like the new voids systems, holy damn you should have seen the chats and forums...) but if you dont count that, then the community is fine.

What keeps you playing the game? the updates, clan, friends. i am currently on a small "break" untill TWW comes out.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? more weapons, more frames, more planets (preferable more explorable tiles, and not tiles only puzzles) i always loved the earth tile sets, but i find it just to small, they could make bigger tiles and give use alot to explore D:.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? the buggs, i rather have DE wait a week to release an update to have it atleast playable and stable. there have been some updates just rushed out and it was everything but fun to play it that way.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? have yet to use it, so i dont know if its bad or good.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? one of / if not the best business model. f2p but not p2w/p2p

Edited by shadowjeff18

Time Played: 1957 / Steam: 2585

A few. I used to play City of Heroes back when Warframe first came out and I've jumped to a few other games in the past for a while. How long those were I can't say. Currently I'm mostly just logging in for the daily tribute thing. Don't feel much desire to play right now.

Week after Open Beta started, I think.

I am currently the co-leader.

Periods of stagnation or changes in design direction have likely lead to players quitting. I can't say with any kind of certainty what caused newer members to start playing.

Certainly. Nailing down exactly how would be the hard question.

Game. If a few people can change your views on something, you didn't have very strong feelings/think about it very much to begin with.

Xini/Viver not so much. A friend of mine liked Draco so I hung out with him there a bit.

Mobile Defense and Weapon/Warframe statistical customization. The customization isn't what kept me here, as other games have that, but it's still my favorite part.

Survival Poor overall gameplay balance.

I prefer to play with friends/clanmates, but I usually play PUGs.

Well, that's one of the problems with balance in this game. Using what frame/weapon in what tileset against what faction? I can solo every Sortie objective/condition combination with my Frost. By definition, that doesn't require "a team of super specific loadouts".

The only time I've ever needed specific setups were Escalations (excluding the 110-200 Infested Survival Alert, which was trivial).

I don't have all the mods, weapons, archwings, or archweapons. So, yes. But what's left isn't something I really fuss over.

I can appreciate the effort DE puts into trying to maintain balance in PvP. If only they could take the plunge and devote as much attention to balance in the rest of the game.

P.S.: Still needs dedicated servers.

No? No. I've learned a few things from studying builds on Warframe Builder, but that's neither here nor there.

I drift in and out.

10-25 years of experience (depending on the genre) in Platformers, Action, FPS, RPG, MMO, RTS, Rhythm-based, Life/Survival/God Sim, Rogue-like (generally lite), and Strategy. 4X is still new territory to me as I only have a year or two experience with it.

I don't know? I don't really pay attention.

Probably the powers and speed of the game.

Gameplay balance.

Gameplay balance.

I've been given the run around, asked to provide impossible levels of detail in order to recover something, and had my time completely wasted. And I've had issues resolved quickly and painlessly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too much time spent trying to bake every kind of pie and not enough time spent perfecting a recipe.

How many hours are in your profile? 4.541h

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? One time for 6 months.

When did you start playing warframe? 2014

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 2

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I am a warlord

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? I just have a problem one time. He pissed off everyone in the clan so i just speaked some truths with him and asked him to change his ways. Well he not change so I removed him.

Have your views changed over the years? I little bit.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Both

Were you an avid viver/draco player? For focus, syndicate... Yes.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Survival and Interception

What is your least favorite? Defense

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members and friends

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I dont really care about the level my only worries is my reward. So I play what I need to play.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? I just don t have the founder stuff, Braton and Lato vandal.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Well i played Dark Sector just for the credit rewards. Conclave I just played to get all sigils, mods, skins, armor and syandana, after that i just comeback make my celestia shine. I am not a big fun in this game pvp.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? In the start... Yes. I watched some Mogamu's and Calypso's pro builds videos until i understand fully the mod system but now i do everything by my own. 

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I am just a guy who likes to play some games in my free time.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) RPG and Action games.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Not bad at all.

What keeps you playing the game? The time and money I put in this game.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More quests.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Bugs, balance problems, DE listen to the real complains of the people... 

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Good.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Sometimes I fell DE put all kind of obstacles in the way to make some money. I am talking about the stuff to ask some high amout of resource like Nitain, Oxium, Cryotic, etc etc... I have enough but I know the trouble the new players will have to get those things.

How many hours are in your profile? 2200+

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Several, the main one was from updates 15-16. Another was after u18, where I played for about a week straight and got a bit burned out for a while. Rejoined after a week.

When did you start playing warframe? early u7

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Just one, my own.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I am one of two warlords, and though we don't really have a chain of command, I'm the one who makes the decisions.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Well, most of us have taken at least one long break from warframe, but around u18 I people started trickling back.

Have your views changed over the years? Yes. Around u15-16 I considered warframe the perfect example of wasted potential. Now I consider it a game that is realizing its potential.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? In-game.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Regrettably, I've done my fair share of runs. Never really cared much about MR though, so I'm near the lower end of the spectrum

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Boss fights, the quests

What is your least favorite? Defense.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members if they are on. Other than that, depends on what I'm doing

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Never really cared about that, if I'm honest. Typically I let people play what they want, because they'll play that frame best.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Well, I'm currently trying to get all of the stances so that I'm a 'weapons master', but other than that its really just fragments and Kuria. No interest in arcanes

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Pvp is meh, but I never really took the time to get good at it. I never really played the dark sectors that much.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? I've watched StallordD's excellent what we know series, but other than that no.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I love dark souls, but the 'hardcore' community tends to be somewhat toxic.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)  Everything, pretty much.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It's pretty solid

What keeps you playing the game? Story, my personal goals.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More quests, more stakes

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Frost coat physics, maybe a defense 2.0

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Every time I play an event, something breaks, and I send a ticket. However, I get scared that they might not be able to help me, so I just do the event again. They think I'm an idiot.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Literally the best free to play model out there.

How many hours are in your profile? ~
1052 hours on my Xbox One. 

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? ~
I have not taken any long breaks. For clarification I regard 1 month as the starting point for a long break. 

When did you start playing warframe? ~
Christmas day 2016, just in time to grab the festive mirage and frost skins along with that sweet-looking syndana. 

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? ~
2, one of them was a Moon clan which was often dead and empty. Eventually I left and found the Krispy Kreme Klan which I have remained in to this day. 

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? ~
I am currently Apple Fritter (A member of staff) in my clan. 

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? ~
Quite a few members dislike how the boards for parkour have not been cleared to wipe clear records from cheating and efforts by DE have been made to allow a fairer experience but aside from that things have been going quite smoothly. 

Have your views changed over the years? ~
I have only been playing Warframe for around 7 months, however I think that it has had quite a good effect on my views of in-game trading. Before I tended to strongly oppose them due to failures like Diablo III's market but Warframe changed my stance on that. 

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? ~
A bit of both really. Trading allowed me to meet new people and learn a thing or two about selling wares. Meanwhile the actual game made all of that possible in the first place, 

Were you an avid viver/draco player? ~
I played Draco to level weapons, I will be honest about that. Draco was used to cut down time however it did not stop me from testing weapons in other missions. Often I would take weapons that I had just finished levelling up into missions just to get a feel properly for them. 

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? ~
Defence missions. The strategic part of the game mode where you have to watch a point while clearing enemies is a fun activity for me. My favourite part of the game is the true endgame, Fashionframe. 

What is your least favorite? ~
Defence missions centred around a moving target. The damned bloody idiot keeps walking into ambushes, attracting all the wrong attention by running into large groups and is a pain to protect. Do not get me started on if it is a melee target... 

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? ~
I would prefer public games if voice chat was more common, however I tend to prefer clan games just as I can actually talk to people. As much as I scream at the Valkyr to not run off, if they do not have a mic then they will not do a thing to change that. 

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?~
Probably about level 60-90 for more harder play while 40-70 for more casual fun. 

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? ~
Definitely, but that is just warframe in general really. Gotta collect 'em all. 

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? ~
Conclave is fun for playing with friends, dark sectors is just annoying to be honest. 

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? ~
Nope, the wiki on the other hand...

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? ~
Heavy, I switch between casual or hardcore depending on my mood. 

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) ~
I am an RPG gamer who had been playing Destiny before Warframe. I left that game due to lack of content along with the extremely toxic community. 

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? ~ 
For one, the moderators actually do their jobs around here so Warframe is a lot nicer. The community is a lot more active and hands-on and DE has played a huge role in encouraging that to occur. 

What keeps you playing the game? ~ 
Casual fun from killing enemies with great story and more challenging content as well. Also fashionframe. 

What do you hope for long term in future updates? ~ 
Fix the bloody parkour course for crying out loud DE. 

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? ~ 
Minigames and other areas of competition. I would not mind a racing minigame as well, however Lunaro and the Parkour course is a great start. Also the character minigames are a ton of fun, 

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? ~
I had one issue with a mag chassis not being awarded before so contacted Warframe support. I received that chassis within a few days and service was great the whole way through. The team have a lot of players to sort through but they do a good job at it from my own experiences.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? ~ 
I think it works well. The focus on premium currency often ruins many free-to-play games yet it works in Warframe due to the market. A player can go through the game without spending a penny while not making DE lose any money either. It is a perfect symbiosis. 

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile?: 1,182

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?: I've taken breaks roughly in the range of 2-3 months once. That was because I had bought a few VERY addictive games that ate up my time.

When did you start playing warframe?: At the launch of the PS4 version (November 15, 2013)

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?: 2

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?: I earned the rank of Warlord in the first clan. The second clan was created by me.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?: In the first clan, it became inactive over time. Most members stopped getting on by U15. Myself and a couple others were the only active members. It was claimed that they just "got bored and had nothing to do"

Have your views changed over the years?: Not really in a negative light. I've actually become more optimistic for the future.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?: A bit of both. I've came across some pretty cool people in the community. The game itself is my go-to game between major releases or when I just want to play something arcade-y (almost wish it had a score system...but that's the retro in me.) This game has never left my hard drive though. (Thank you Sony, for making them shrink that file size!)

Were you an avid viver/draco player?: No. I've only tried both places a few times at best. Feel like I'm missing something when people talk about them.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?: Survival and of course, getting loot!

What is your least favorite?: Probably the wait between updates. Certification for consoles is this game's weakpoint. Also needing plat for slots. Nobody really buys the stuff I put up in trade chat, so I'm often left broke unless I pinch from one of my bills to buy plat and get slots. It's basically what's slowing me down from reaching MR21 at least.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?: Usually friends/clan members. But since my clan was just made, it's only myself, my best friend and one MR2 who doesn't get on anymore. So I end up in public games most often.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?: I'll do anything solo, but sorties. Sorties seem to be outside my comfort zone, even with a team if they're all random people. But to give a point of reference, 35-40 of T3/T4 Survival is when I'm gaming comfortably and not sitting at the edge of my seat.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?: Absolutely. Due to my random periods of not picking up the game (primarily after new releases) I've found myself setback by a bit. So I'm MR14 when I should be MR21. Not having plat for slots also hinders my game of catch-up.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?: Conclave ratings confused me before. Changing it up to now have PvP specific mods and whatnot only adds new confusion. I pretty much don't touch that part of the game. Only competitive thing I attempted was Lunaro...and even one of the players in there basically stood in one spot and scored over and over. So PvE only for me. There's PvP games to play out there. I could go either way with Dark Sectors. They weren't something I messed with too often, but was fairly fun when I did.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?: I do like to watch some YouTubers here and there. My knowledge came from playing the game itself. YouTube is just a form of entertainment. But seeing some of their builds can be pretty interesting. Can do without the unnecessary drama for a F2P game though.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?: Since this is basically what I do daily and am going to school to get into the industry, I'll say hardcore...Somehow I feel like these are just titles though.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc): Mostly FPS, 3rd-person action, strategy (occasionally), racing, fighting, and some MMORPGs, along with just standard RPGs.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?: I still feel that Section 8: Prejudice had the best community, followed closely by Defiance (Don't judge me. It was kinda fun while it lasted!) But I'm digging this community though. Regardless of some of the questionable users in this place. Can't help that though.

What keeps you playing the game?: An odd sense of loyalty. It was there for me when PS4 didn't have many games and what they did have were just ports. It's given me countless hours of fun and enjoyment (Though we technically counted the hours up above, right?) and it's my game of choice after work and school. I also like setting personal goals within the game and try to reach them during my sessions.

What do you hope for long term in future updates?: The wait times between updates get shorter...but that may never happen. Would definitely also like more cinematic stuff too.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?: Slots! Slots cost money! lol I can't keep up. Personal problem though. The weapons though, I like the looks of the new weapons that come out with each update, but they don't seem to ever make me put down my Boltor Prime, Telos Boltor, or my Sancti Tigris. Too often do I go into a game and see the whole team basically using the same few weapons I see in trade chat. Some people use something different here and there. But not usually the newer weapons that get released. I don't know. There's a lot that needs attention in the game, honestly.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?: This is probably the best support I've had since my SNES broke when I was a kid and had to call Nintendo. Hands down, I always feel confident when contacting Support. Not exaggerating.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?: I'll be playing this game for the foreseeable future. Even if I'm stuck at MR14, creeping slowly to 15. Gotta make money, I know...but those slots though.

Spoiler

984 in-game, 1620 on Steam

I don't think I've ever had real break. But there were numerous periods of time when I wasn't actively playing, just logging once per week or two for short time. Reason? Burnout due to grind

June 2014

Two

Yes, in second one

I've left first due to Dark Sector ambitions of leadership and second transformed from top leaderboards clan to almost dead one.

A bit

Both

I don't think I've ever did Viver farm but I did plenty of Dracos to rank up mastery fodder and forma decent toys

Survival. Doesn't matter how you play, as long as you're able to kill fast enough and not die. My favourite part of game?
Run'n'gun

Everything defence related

With clan members

No

They shouldn't be part of game

They had zero impact on my knowledge

Hardcore

Strategies, action and RPG, with some FPS and TPS

Not that good

Events. And I enjoy lore, gameplay and art though they seem to  head in direction I don't like

Better quality

Enemy scaling and mission rewards, revision of forgotten and semi forgotten content (Archwing, Syndicates, Focus)

Mixed

Mixed

Edited by Slaviar

Yes. First long break was sometime between December 2014 and spring 2015. Three months or so. I'd completed the first quest, gotten my ship and just wasn't feeling the game much. Pretty sure one time I'd gotten stuck in a wall (while wallrunning) and just shut the game down.

There were more breaks since I started playing regularly in 2015, all due to real life. None as long as three months, though.

December 2014. I'm surprised you didn't ask us "How did you find out about the game?" I'd seen buddies on other gaming sites talking about the game (they played on different platforms), and watched the trailers after. Looked cool, but I was initially wary of it since I'd assumed it would be fast paced, space ninja FPS-PvP focused. 

When I'd discovered it was PvE focused, I was pleased. 

One. Still in the same clan.

As much as one can be a leader of a clan as laid back as ours. Think I was the first person our clan founder invited.

We lost a significant amount of inactive members in a purge (in order to reduce our clan size and attain new content).

To some extent, but not too much. Mostly my views have become more positive than when I first started playing as I came to understand the community, the game, and the devs vision for the game.

There are a lot of things that are poorly done/I don't like, but overall, I don't let it bother me much.

Both.

Moderate Draco player. I used to play it whenever I needed to. (Power level a weapon I needed for a sortie, or a 'frame I'd formad and needed. Making the most of a booster that dropped or one I'd bought due to a limited amount of playing time.)

On a consistent basis, probably survival. Second to that, maybe Spy missions. But I also liked the new Rathuum stuff that mirrored PvP, but in a PvE context. 

PvP. It is the devil.

Both. Back when my clan was more active, it was fun to play with buddies. But we're pretty inactive/when I get on, not many are on so it's always more effective to play public matches. So, for a while now (and currently) it's just public.

30 - 50. It's an odd question. I tend to play missions based on what I need, not what level I'm comfortable with. With each new forma, mandatory mod, build, etc, I wind up increasing the enemy level I can tackle. The game isn't designed for us to become comfortable, I feel, but to steadily increase our tolerance levels of extreme pain abilities.

Yes. Just picked up Wukong blueprints from our dojo today, and my first vanilla Volt. Don't have the stealth Kubrow, any Kavats, Inaros, Atlas, several weapons and every archwing but Odonata and Odonata Prime.

PvP's the devil and I don't care about dark sectors. Should they return (dark sectors) and be interesting, I might try them out.

No. It is rare I go to YouTube for information, and when I do, it's based on my search criteria, rather than following any specific channel or personality. IE: When I wanted to understand Raids, I watched a Mogamu video because it was in the top search results, not because I specifically wanted to watch a Mogamu video. When I wanted to find drop locations that Reddit didn't have, I found them on a random guy's YT channel.

I'm more likely to watch fan-made content, trailers, comedic stuff on a regular basis from YT.

Casual for life.

Fighters, TPS (with great solo campaigns), Stealth, FPS. Very few MMORPGs and Strategies. But if you want to get technical, it would be old school games of every kind (Original Nintendo, Sega, arcades, and PC games that were grandfathers to what we have now).

Between Above Average and Very Good. 

For the most part, it's my chosen way to chill. Other reasons: keeping up (to a reasonable extent) with upgrades and new content, the community.

Better quests, streamlined new user experience (more than it is)

• Melee.
  • Direction via concise tutorials.
  • A members' help chat channel.

Excellent. They've always been cordial and on-time. I've never had an unresolved issue or dispute.

Mixed feelings. I understand it, but don't always agree with their choices.

Edited by Rhekemi

How many hours are in your profile? around 1370

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Before U18. Logged in intermittently, but there wasn't much to do.

When did you start playing warframe? I believe it was in the September of 2013. The founders program was just ending, The hunt for Alad V was active, and it was just before Oberon was released with the Cicero crisis.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Just the one I'm in now, Three Bro Trio

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes, with my brothers. I mainly handle the clan.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? My bros and some other members roll around at new releases. Only a few of us have stuck around

Have your views changed over the years? Ehhh... I know more about the different frames now.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? In game experience. I'm trying to build every frame.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? I wouldn't say avid, but I liked being able to forma more freely. It sucks that Draco and Triton got crushed without so much as a peep out of DE for their reasoning behind it. As it stands, it just looks like they are playing wack-a-mole with the meta, and that's not a good relationship to have with experienced players.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Game mode: Defense. Part of the game: The story quests and delving into the lore.

What is your least favorite? Archwing rush. Do they f$&@^% assume everyone has an Itzal with Hyperion thrusters?

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Not enough clan members around, so I usually pub unless my IRL friends are on.

If I get a team of 4 Tenno, I can usually do the sorties with whatever group I pick up. Raids and beyond demand coordination.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? A few frames and quite a few weapons. MR 16 at the present.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I think pvp in warframe is far too rage inducing. When dark sectors were out, I built the most diabolical combo imaginable using mirage, vectis (for popping heads), castanas (for crashing the enemy's game with mirage's HOM if things went sour) and silva and aegis modded for gas and magnetic damage (It has a large AOE knockdown and high status chance. Many Tenno were slaughtered on the end of that flaming blade). I 2v1'd a frost and volt once, and the tactics we used disgusted me so much that I just quit dark sectors right there once I won. Conclave has met a similar fate in my eyes, and Lunaro's knockdown spam has pretty much trashed my enjoyment of it. 

I just can't enjoy pvp in warframe.

I watch Brozime, Tactical Potato, and Mogamu for reviews of weapons and systems, although I rarely use the same builds as them (love punch through too much)

I don't know what a "heavy" gamer is, but in warframe I'm mostly casual. I only break out the planetside tactics when crap hits the fan.

Mostly FPS'. I've played tf2, Dota 2, CS:GO, Hawken, Planetside 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, warframe, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls online, Terraria, and Minecraft (as per name) in the past 3 years.

Roughly on par with the Minecraft community, with a lot of people and a generally good atmosphere

Still have stuff to level, and trying to make my Nyx Prime unkillable thanks to arcane barrier

More lore. Simple.

Also, hopefully getting rid of nullifiers. I've posted a lot about them, and I still think they are the most poorly designed unit in the game (resists powers, purges powers, blocks bullets, snipes players, help enemies also do all of the above), followed shortly by Bursas (a robot that shoots nullie bubbles D:  )

Nullies and enemy scaling in general. People b$&@^ about OP weapons and frames, but as long as nullies and bombards can one shot at the sortie level, I see no reason why people shouldn't go ham with combos.

They seem to be good people, although they seem to constantly be over capacity, and I've heard of some nasty stories with them.

Warframe is pretty much my dream game. I originally got it because the warframes looked kind of like the elites from halo, which I thought looked cool. When I saw it was co-op and in third person (third person shooters like Star Wars battlefront 2 are my favorites, although I mostly play FPS'), I was hooked.

As for a business model, I like that warframe is free so my friends can just jump in. I wish plat had one cost instead of the insane costs it has by default, making the log in rewards basically mandatory to get a good conversion rate, but otherwise it's pretty swell for a free to play game.

• A lot. 

• I have. Sometimes a month or two at a time. It used to be due to burn-out, but now it's more due to a lack of time to play all of the games I want to play. My job has me working lots of hours (well into the ~60+ Hr/Week range), and I just don't have the time to play Warframe regularly and play all of the other games coming out. So I play it sporadically now. Maybe one or two mission runs a week.

• March 2013

• My first clan, somewhat.

• Hard to say; a lot of players came and went; playing a game for several years can be tasking, there's a risk of things getting a bit stale (it's also for this reason that hiatuses can help reduce burnout/staleness).

• Hard to say. When I first started playing it felt overwhelming in the amount of stuff it offered. A year or so into playing when I would have considered myself hardcore (ranked up all the new weekly weapons, built everything from blueprints, lots of overpowered weapons, collected everything) I viewed the game as a "gotta catch 'em all" sort of thing. Now, after several hiatuses the game is once more fairly overwhelming in how much it has to offer and do. 

• In game, mainly. My view of the community has remained fairly static over the past three years.

• I tried it once, but I really disliked how edgy and meta people got about what frames you brought there. Really spoiled the fun for me. I'm glad they're gone. There was so much edge surrounding Vivergate/Dracogate that you could probably cut diamonds like butter. Good riddance.

• Tough to answer. It's changed from time to time. Though I tend to enjoy endless missions quite a bit. I really like excavations.

• I guess, Spy? Not saying they're a bad game type--on the contrary they're amazingly well designed with the new vaults. But I have a bit of a perfectionist streak in me, so any time I accidentally trip a laser alarm or get spotted I feel the sudden urge to force quit the mission and start over. Anything less than a perfect spy run is a spy run not worth running or some such. 

• Public, since I'm not in a clan. Haven't been for some time now.

• Pretty much all missions sans Raids, long-run defense/survival and sometimes sorties, where loadout is important for team support to beat the mission. Otherwise, let people play what they want to play.

• At one point I had basically everything there was to get, but as my available time to play has diminished, the number of items I've missed has grown. I've missed out on a few event weapons now.

• On the fence. I don't like PvP, but not for the normal reasons; although I'm pretty darn good when it comes to competitive game modes, I do not like the parts of me that competitiveness brings out. 

• Nope.

• Used to be a heavy/hardcore gamer, now I'm a bit more casual (again, I don't have the time to invest in heavy/hardcore gaming). 

• A lot. Except RTS games. I have always been absolutely terrible at RTS games.

• Feels like a loaded question considering I've been a moderator here for nearly 3 years now. But I like it a lot compared to other communities. I like it enough to have volunteered my time being a community moderator for the past 2.5~3 years. Although I see a lot of the bad in this community (probably moreso than most, a la forum reports/hidden threads/etc), I also see a lot of good in it--players helping other players, player run "events"/giveaways, heck, TennoCon 2016!

• The community. You lot are worth it.

• Expanded game-modes (i.e. "Exploration", "Endless-Dungeon", etc), more Archwing (it has a LOT of promise!), Archwing-Racing/PvP (Because why the hek not?), Spooky Lore (Gimme moar Stalker/Sentient/Infested stuff!).

• Hard to say. Haven't been as active as a lot of players, and I've been extremely lucky that my time playing Warframe has, for the most part, been relatively bug and hitch free.

• Very positive. The only bad experience I had was way in the past, before I was even a moderator, and it was only negative since Warframe staff took two or so weeks to get back to me. Since then though, most of my issues have been resolved very quickly. I've found that when you treat support staff courteously, interactions are far smoother and quicker. Saying please and thank you for their time (they're pretty busy! Thousands of tickets!), etc.

• It works. Well. I've seen the Warframe team go from a handful of staff to several hundred. The game has survived for over three years, and it's still going very strong. It was one of the first F2P games on Playstation 4 (Sony adores DE/Warframe), Microsoft didn't want Warframe on XB1 at first but very quickly changed their mind after its success on PS4. The developers engage the community multiple times a week (Prime Time, XB1@1, PS4@4 & Devstreams), far more than I've seen any other developers for other games do. Call it brown nosing or whatever, but facts are facts. If the game were bad and the business model bad, it wouldn't have succeeded like it has.

Last I checked around 1600

I took a year off because my friends stopped. I came back when I saw lots of interesting stuff going on.

Uhhh what's the date say on my profile? As I recall I started just before or just after update 8 of the open beta

Yes I'm the owner of the clan and founder of the clan outside of warframe

I haven't noticed anything in particular.

Hmm dunno never really kept track of my thoughts

No

Uhhh can I not have one?

Any mission that just drags on and on really.

I play with whoever whenever really.

Most anything but the sorties.

Mods and codex but I have most of em so it's not important

Neutral

No

None of the above? I play games to have fun but I do like a good challenge.

Mix of everything.

I find its largely friendly and its better than most I've seen.

Running my clan and new lore/story quests.

For more things for me to do. I like helping newer players but I do like having my own goals too and I'm running out of things to do.

Nothing comes to mind.

Mostly positive. Took them awhile to respond but it wasn't unexpected

I've always thought the micro transactions were a bit too macro but otherwise it's great. They really try to not have pay to win be a thing.

Edited by Caobie

// 2643h on Steam, about 1400-1500h in game.

// Yep, quite a few of them tbh including one right now. Longest one was about a month IIRC. I still grab my login rewards stuff tho. Why? Eh, the game just becomes kinda repeatative. Also new games, different games, new clan games, IRL things. WF isn't the only thing to occupy my free time after all :P

// Right before Ember Prime PA. IIRC U10 to U11.

// Steel Guardians, one and only.

// Yea, I am part of the core, also dojo designer. Well, the good new part of it.

// "Our reinforcements are dwindling." Sure, we have more people by numbers now, but 85% of the people I knew before our clan went to Warframe have stopped playing or play extremely little nowadays.

// I guess? Hard to say even in hindsight, but I guess it used to be more fun before the Vivergate and all what followed. A lot more fun.

// Both.

// Nope. Only played former like twice and latter once when I was unlocking the star chart.

// Excav and Surv come to mind. Spy. Caps are a careless fun or when you need to collect something real quick (cephalon fragments for example). Also RIP Deception, RIP Sabotage catche hunting (since it's pretty pointless now IMO).

// Def, Interception. A bit of Ext because "Last Alien" syndrome is still a thing.

// Friends/Clan/Solo mostly.

// Probably above Sortie level. Can solo for a while though.

// Some. Kurias, mods and stances, PVP stuff.

// Avoiding atm.

// Nope. Only watch Shy for fun.

// I guess I fall under heavy gamer. I like reasonable challenge and despise both cake walks and "bend over, use tears for lube" gameplay.

// Started at SNES back in 1995, then Sega Genesis, then a ton of PS1 games, then went to PC and... okay, that's just way too long. To cut it short - everything. 

// Most of the ones I was/am part of are kinda friendlier but also smaller. As for the big ones related to the games I play, it's a mixed bag but I'd say WF community is well above average compared to them. Especially the wild jungle of hatred aka Battlefield community XD

// Hoarding I mean it's still nice to play some rounds, get some new things or try to hunt for something rare every now and then. It's a habit at this point.

// Hard to say. If I was to name 1 most important thing is to make gameplay more diverse on all levels of difficulty.

// Enemy cheese. It was promised to be reduced/reworked/revised long ago but we barely got anything done.

// Contacted them about a minor issue which was grinding my gears. Specifically stated that I know that they are aware of the bug and asked just to manually fix it up (shouldn't be hard at all.). Got a reply of "We are aware of this bug, thanks for reporting. Bye.". *Ticket marked as solved* *Facepalm*

// When I started it was pretty far on very positive for me. Right now it's around "OK" level.

Well awrighty then.

Spoiler

-1461 hours.

-Of course; normally it was because I was playing something else, seeing as I play many more games than just Warframe. I imagine many people are the same. The length varies, and is also dependent on the content being released at the time.

-Open beta, so basically Update 7. Been with it since the beginning almost, excluding closed beta when basically nobody had heard of it.

-Just one, Skeleton Smugglers. It only consists of people we know, nobody else.

-Second in command, so yeah.

-No effect that I've noticed.

-Kind of a vague question so difficult to answer. If we're talking about overall, then sorta, but only for the better.

-Improvements in game experience.

-Hell no.

-Spy, and would like to see it expanded on.

-Defense, Survival, and Intercept. Why? That cursed Rotation C where they put most every new Prime part. I got so tired of going 20 minutes/waves just to get shafted with nothing worthwhile. 

-I hate pubs. So people I know.

Anything below sortie or raids. I refuse to let metas run the game for me.

-Lot of scans I don't have, many weapons I haven't bothered with (I don't do mastery fodder at all) so technically, yeah.

-Not a fan. This wasn't a game built for PvP. I didn't mind fight-clubbing with friends back when you could do whatever you wanted in Conclave, but then they ruined that fun for me.

-Nope. Especially Mogamu, I pretty much take everything he says with a bucket of salt (like putting Berserker on everything, no matter how bad of an idea it is.)

-I guess if you have to go by such labels, probably hardcore?

-Everything.

-In game, the community is generally pretty chill, had very few problems.
The forums and wiki, on the other hand, are full of cancer. Not as bad as a MOBA, thank god, but...

-New content, improvements.

-Who knows. I trust them to know what they're doing.

-Weapon types they've neglected, mostly. Hopefully more sword-and-boards. Potentially a Status 2.0 with "red status procs."

-Never had to deal with it, so I wouldn't know.

-About as good as it could be- "pay to be lazy" and platinum can be earned in-game with some effort. Can't complain.

1502 hours and counting.

It depends on what you concider long ... 2 weeks is the longest ... and just because got hooked to other games and college.

Do not remember the exact day, but it was in july 2014 ... when they were giving mods like crimson dervish or Blind Rage for doing some easy missions.

2 clans.

No.

-

Not that much ... i never saw this game abouts space ninjas and as it is right now aside from ash, there is nothing ninja about this game and thats fine.

Game experience.

No.

I am between Sabotage, Spy or Exterminate.

Defense, sometimes i have slept while in mission because of boredom.

Do not care to be honest, actually most of the time i play solo.

Depends on the enemy to me and the mission also ... but overall 50 level i am comfortable.

Things that i want and care about, not that much.

I do not care about it that much, never did and probably never will. 

No.

I just play, if i feel like playing i do and if i do not want to play i do not do it.

Hack and Slash, Sports Games, Racing Games and some Fighting Games

I have not been part of that many of game communities (actually this is the only i have been a part of because i am just not into the online gaming thing) so i cannot compare.

Killing things, and another reason recently Nekros Prime.

Expand the game further from the solar system.

Better story telling overall (story development, character development ... things like that) and also that my actions affect the overall universe around me. not like doing a misson that it is supposed to be the most defining thing and after the mission things still the same.

Have not used warframe support at all, so i cannot give you any opinions on it.

Its a smart one because DE allows you to give feedback and sometimes they take it into account, wich makes players invested a bit more into the game and possible atracting new players. But you know, its like something is missing in there because as new players get in older players leave the game because of burnout or boredom.

How many hours are in your profile? 1880 hours on steam and 1006 hours on general stats in-game 

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? I have taken long periods of breaks and sometimes from technical issues or because I burnt out and needed a break

When did you start playing warframe? Started around November of 2013 

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? I have only been in one clan and that's my clan, Team Mythic

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I am the original warlord and still am

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? There have been no such issues you get kicked after a certain amount of time from inactivity or you leave on your own

Have your views changed over the years? Nothing has changed in my view of the game

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? In game experiences have made view what it is about it

Were you an avid viver/draco player? When my clan had a growth spurt in members I was, but long before the Draco we got now I stopped. Due to most of my members being spotty in activity

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? I have no preference in game modes 

What is your least favorite? Conclave

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I like a mix of both

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? All

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yes and its mostly the weapons and new content I am too lazy to go farm

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I like them, but it all boils down to how good your internet connection is

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Yes at first it was a YouTube channel CalypsoGaming, but then ditched the game and the Magamo was the next source

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I consider myself a heavy gamer

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I have played multiple types of video game types from Platformers all the way to RTS

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? This game has held just as well as triple A titles and even more by being f2p

What keeps you playing the game? The free content and the community keep my coming back the game

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More story driven quest

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? MOAR COSMETICS 

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? They are kinda slow at service, but that's to be expected and there is nothing more to say about it

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Being the f2p model, but with the fact that they did it right. I think DE's model is excellent and makes me as the consumer very happy to spend money on the game

How many hours are in your profile? 1841 hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? I generally play 3 months on 1 month off

When did you start playing warframe? Right at the start of open beta U7

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 4

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? It made the ones who stayed tighter knit.

Have your views changed over the years? Somewhat, I would say they encompass more infomation about game design now.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Both.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No I've always preferred a more active play experience

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Exterminates and the freedom of movement

What is your least favorite? Defense (shakes fist)

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members or friends

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Up to Sorties.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Still missing some mods, need to level some more weapons. Maybe do something with focus.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I hated the original iteration of them. I like where conclave is headed especially with Lunaro.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? no.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I'm just a gamer. I play when I have time to the best of my ability.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Platformers and FPS. Played doom with my dad instead of going to church

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It's just generally nicer outside of large clan politics than many games.

What keeps you playing the game? I can move in warframe.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Something for dealing with armour scaling outside of specific powers or powerscale breaking weapons.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Animation cancelling or removal of animation locks from melee.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Like all gaming companies they have difficulty handling harrassment issues but outside of that despite being slow they normally solve things satisfactorly

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? It's one of the best and most fair free to play models I have ever encountered or participated in.

How many hours are in your profile? 1412 hours according to Steam

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Yes, 15 months or so starting right after the Cicero Crisis event and came back around the Volt Prime Access. Was getting bored of running the same content over and over again with no real "point". (Eg, no sense of why I was playing the same few mission types for no real purpose or accomplishing anything really). Most of my friends moved on to other games and so I ended up doing so as well.

When did you start playing warframe? April 7 2013

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 5 or 6 probably.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Started one with a couple friends that I regularly played with so we were 3-way warlords, and have been in leadership roles in 2 others.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? 100% of the people I used to play the game with have moved on from the game. I tend to bounce around from clan to clan these days but I don't think it's anything due to the development of the game so much as the lack thereof. Eg: once you get to a certain point there really isn't anything exciting to do in the game or anything new to explore.

Have your views changed over the years? I don't think my views have changed but I feel as though my expectations have. What I mean is that when I initially started playing I thought it would be more story-oriented and quest driven and you would be given reasons to do whatever space ninja-ing you would be doing for a mission once the game had progressed further (I remember before there was ever a "Void"). Now I realise the game is more casual and just "go blow some stuff up because you feel like it"

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? N/A

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Not really. Played draco a few times when I was trying to level up gear that I absolutely abhorred trying to play with.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Favorite game mode was void defense/survival. Kinda feels pointless now though since the void rework. I have no reason to stay any longer than it takes to get my prime part and leave. I guess now my favorite game mode/part of the game would be sorties.

What is your least favorite? Spy. Can't stand it.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? When in an active clan and playing with people I would consider friends I prefer playing with a clan. These days I tend to just join PUGs.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I don't think there are any missions I run where I really want/need specific loadouts. 

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Nope, not at all. I think I'm missing a couple of weapons from when I took a break that haven't been re-released yet but that's about it.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Missed all of dark sectors. They were released while I was on hiatus and were gone before I came back to the game. (Yes, it's been nearly a year and a half since Dark Sectors were seemingly all but removed from the game. PVP is... okay in this game I guess. I've never been a huge PVP fan but I've played other games that seemed a bit better on the PVP side.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Never watched a youtube vid about warframe at all with the exception of watching the dev streams since they stream while I'm at work and I have to watch them after I get home.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Used to be heavy/hardcore when I was younger. These days I'm much more casual for sure. That's probably why I still haven't taken a hiatus again from warframe - it's much better as a casual game when playing a couple matches per day.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Used to play lots of strategy games and RPGs as a kid (Age of Empires 1/2, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc). When I got older I got more into online gaming and games of the FPS and MMO variety (DC Universe Online, Combat Arms, Borderlands 2, etc)

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Seems about the same. There are good and bad players in every game.

What keeps you playing the game? Warframe is a great casual game. I have lots of other hobbies these days and coupled with working full time and other general responsibilities that come with being 30 I have much less time for gaming. Warframe is an easy game to keep up with that doesn't require the intense daily grinding of a lot of other MMO style games (collect X amount of tokens every day or hunt for rare loot or fall behind).

What do you hope for long term in future updates? The one thing I really wish warframe had more of is a reason to play the game. Borderlands 2 was great because there was a full blown story and even after you completed it you could simply re-run it with all the content simply increasing in difficulty to match. It was more fun for me to play what is essentially a pretty straight forward game without a ton of variety in terms of game modes when there was a motive for me to do so. 

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Story and quality over quantity. I don't need a new weapon every week, what I want is a driving force for me to play throughout the entire solar system. Right now it feels as though other than Sorties there is no reason to play on different planets or tilesets. New void rework I guess is kinda helping with that but at the same time it's just doing the same thing over and over so in a sense there is even less variety than the old void where at least there were different gameplay styles and objectives to accomplish.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Never had to deal with them, which is a good thing

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? It's gotten more money out of me than I care to admit so I guess it's working! Haha.

Too many. I've lost track, honestly, and it's hard to differentiate the AFK/alt-tab hours from the real ones.

Yeah, for anywhere from months to over a year long. It's usually for some combination of "I got bored" and "new game change that makes me want nothing to do with Warframe".

Early U8. Vauban was the new hotness.

A few.

Other than my brief stint in BROFRAME, I've been in the leadership of every Clan I've been involved in.

Usually it tends to drive us into hiatuses.

Things don't feel the same as they used to - both the community for the game and the game itself. It no longer even remotely resembles what I threw 50 bucks at so very long ago, and the community doesn't seem to have the same sorta spark. Probably all those years of grinding collectively dulling us, who knows?

Both.

If you ain't talkin' Xini, get outta my face.

The new Spy mode kicks total &amp;#&#33;. Also, the raids/trials are pretty damn cool as well. they have a lot of rough edges to be smoothed out, but the idea behind it is great.

Survival can kiss my &amp;#&#33;. So boring.

Playing with friends definitely makes this game more fun - or as it is currently, makes it tolerable.

Pretty much anything other than stupid-&amp;#&#33; Level 100 Sortie missions and other one-shotty nonsense. Even Raids are doable with random gear so long as your team isn't braindead.

Is it possible to run out? But furthermore, is there a real point?

Pretty cool, and definitely improved since the initial implementation. Why the hell did they remove Dark Sector PvP though? It was so cool, and a great idea totally wasted. Guess that's par for the course at this point, though.

Not really, unless you want to count good ol' Mike B back in the day.

Hardcore.

Lots of FPS, some MMOs, some racing, I enjoy RTSes but I suck royally, also I have a bizarre affinity for arcade shoot-em-ups, physics action platformers, and Tetris. Weird gamut, I know.
And I play Melee but let's not even go there okay

It's okay, but I feel like the amount of supportiveness in the community is primarily to offset the lack of support from the game itself. I love you all, don't get me wrong, but sometimes we have to work overtime.

Not much at this point. Hoping for something to reel me back in.

For Relics to NOT suck major dongs, among other things.

Movement, melee, missions (namely Fissures), and Mods. All of these things bear so many inadequacies and drawbacks that would be so easily fixed/improved.

Used to be better when the community and the team was smaller and the devs actually read everything on the forums. At least, that's the Feedback on the forums. I've not had to use Support proper, but I haven't heard the best things about it.

Everything is way too f**king expensive. That, or Platinum is too expensive. Pick your poison. Need I even mention Prime Access? At this point, the only logical explanation for this would be an error in translation between Canadian shekels and US Dollars.
In all seriousness, as far as the business model goes: the ability to obtain most things through gameplay is good for a Free-to-Play. But walling said content behind approaching-infinite timewalls and utter randomness is a no-go. And it's just getting worse and worse over time.
While most of the items to be had in the Market are overpriced, they tend to be reasonable where it counts. Slots, Orokin devices, Formae, and most all of the cosmetic items are fairly reasonably priced, and that's the stuff that matters when it comes to investing your Platinum.

13 hours ago, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile? I'd say 1000+, not too sure though

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? For the past 2 months I took a long break from it, I did do some stuff on it but rarely did it go past 5 min of playtime. I did it because Warframe got boring.

When did you start playing warframe? Back in closed beta.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 1, the PGO (Pink Giant Octopus clan). I think I'm still a part of it.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? No.

Have your views changed over the years? Yes, I've become more cynical towards DE as I'm starting to the see WF in a more negative light. If you had asked me this around a year ago, I'd say no.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? I'd say game experiences.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? No.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Exterminate. Simple, yet effective.

What is your least favorite? Probably spy.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Any.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yes. Yes. YES.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? No opinion on Dark Sectors, but PvP isn't what Warframe needs. But now that it is in, there needs to be huge changes in the games overall mechanics to make PvP fun.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Hell no.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Casual.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I play any game with the exclusion of Puzzle and certain strategy games. 

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Warframe has one of the best. On the forums, that is. In the game itself I've never truly intergraded myself into it. Most of my WF friends know me from the forums but outside of that, it's been mixed. Still think MH has the best community but meh.

What keeps you playing the game? I'd say friends.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Melee revamp.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Again, melee revamp. Melee system as it is right now is bad. They need to go back to basics and start up from there.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Useless. Well, when I say useless I mean in my experience they've never really helped me out. I'm sure they've given help to a lot of people and I still tell them to go to support if they need help, but I never had good experiences.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? As a game, Warframe is highly flawed but incredibly fun. As a business model, well it saved DE. I think that says enough.

Edited by TheErebus.
Added on a few more details.

*Sigh*

Alrighty-o

How many hours are in your profile? 2130 or so.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Tried the game when it was just released from the closed beta, found it boring, returned by the end of the operation Ciero, you can see what happened next slightly above.

When did you start playing warframe? 3 years 6 months ago or so

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? One 

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes, my own shadow clan which I use as my personal den, occasionally letting in newbies who need blueprints and trading post.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? No idea

Have your views changed over the years? A bit, but still I think that the game is an example of evolving object. As long as it moves and changes, it lives.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Mostly in-game experience and DE's approach to their new systems (which often end up forgotten and so imperfected

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Mostly no. Used Draco to swiftly rank up 12-18 weapons/frames in total. Carried 4-8 rounds if was asked by my in-game buds.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Sorties (especially lvl85-100 eximus survival and assassination), spy missions, archwing (yes, I said that!)

What is your least favorite? Defence. It is stupidly static for my tastes.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? With my in-game buds when they are available, but in 80% cases I go with a PUG

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? up to 115. Prefer the 80-105 range

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Nope. Maxing conceptual loadouts I wish to try out in the field.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Scrap PVP. There are a lot of much better PVP games available.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Zero influence. I have my own brain

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Used to be heavy, now average

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) CRPG, ARPG, JRPG, FPS, TPS, tactical FPS, Various actions, Survival sandboxes

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Depends at base of comparison. You can't actually compare warframe players to a community of browser-based text RPG. Overall, I'd rate Warframe community 78/100 

What keeps you playing the game? Low PC requirements, understandable gameplay, fun factor, evolution of the project.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? I hope for nothing, just watching the way it goes and make my opinion.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Dojo and the whole clan system revamp, more player to player interactions, more complicated and dynamic mission types, OLD CONTENT BALANCING / UPDATE

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Never had to ask for it

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? The game needs more organization, balancing and more systematic approach. The model is perfectly fine

Edited by Teloch

How many hours are in your profile? 1942 hours+ 

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? back when i was a noob I tried the game found it weird to get used to it  i toke a 2 month break came back no breaks since...

When did you start playing warframe? back in the middle of nova prime access more specifically around end of january 2015 or February 2015 

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 2 so far

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? never 

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?...

Have your views changed over the years? like someone said earlier things are not what they used to be the game has changed so much every since i started playing warframe 

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?...

Were you an avid viver/draco player? ehh.... all i do on draco is level my stuff or farm focus and go on my day 

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? the universe of warframe and the trails they remind me of my old days in clans back in 2013 roblox with raiding 

What is your least favorite? even though i trade all the time hands down the trading on Xbox the prices are ABYSMAL!!!! It extremely difficult to keep track of a solid price effectively some days the prices goes ridiculous by the hour *cough* *cough* ember prime BP

giphy.gif

i can already see an angry mob saying it's rare but here's the point yes i know it's rare but it's not worth 2000+ plat

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? it depends most of the time i play in Public Games Via recruiting chat but there are times i want to play with clanmates 

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? it depends of the mission type 

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? yes i do i have mods i don't have i want some arcanes,warframes, and weapons for mastery and mods to get 

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? honestly there's better pvp games out there i feel like CoD is better than warframe pvp to be honest but lunaro is decent 

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? when i started not quite but later down the road about 2 1/2 mounts in of me playing i started watching people like DKDiamantes to know about the universe and the lore  and then quiette shy because she is hilarious much later i  watched some of n00blShowtek's videos because the vibe was cool and has a lot of knowledge with the game i will also mention iflynn  but i never knew who he was until i was MR14  my last mention will be Murakumo Vance from warframe god builds he completely changed my way of modding i ended up changing my style of modding some stuff all together and made me realize synergizing with a variety of stuff is very important with stuff i never thought could work like companions and weapons but i still do some stuff of my own to fit the builds for me as a all-around player 

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Hardcore Gamer 

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Fighting,FPS,action games,platforms and JRPG 

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? i don't know what community to compare warframe to be honest 

What keeps you playing the game? The combat in this game is so good compared to other games out there and fasionframe the customization is really awesome 

What do you hope for long term in future updates? i know it's been confirmed but tennogen stuff is very high on my list and damage 3.0 

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Clan dojos and maybe  just maybe custom profile pictures for everybody and being able to place them on your shoulders 

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? never had to go to support yet i don't have an opinion 

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? it's really good 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
Changed some of my answers

Cool a survey ^.^ 

How many hours are in your profile? Still need to check in game but over 1000 for sure but steam says 2957 ( forgot my game open a couple of time so not acurate at all )

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? 1 year because i had a baby and was a new father didn't know what to expect but got trouble ^.^ 

When did you start playing warframe? says  2 years  old in profile so i guess somewhere in 2014 2013-07-18

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 1

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Now i'm warlord

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Non its an almost REAL ghost clan

Have your views changed over the years? Yeah now we have ship and its awesome ( tenno still are super awesome as always )

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Yeah community idea were integrated in game thats cool with me !

Were you an avid viver/draco player? avid viver ? not rly but tryed it sometime to rank up weapons i rly dont want to rank up ( mastery fodder )

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? All of them and my favorite part is helping players 

What is your least favorite? Toxic player ( yeah they are rare but they exist )

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Almost no clan member active so ill go with public games ^.^ 

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? depends on the need but ill say 30 and up if i'm not like leveling mr 0 loki.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Yeah the grennier sister little cat thingy and ordis frags. I keep stuff unfinished so i dont burn myself

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Never tryed it. I tryed lunaro was cool.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Not rly but psycoCinematics save me a lots of research once ^.^ 

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? lets say casual ^.^ 

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) i like everything... ... ... EVERYTHING IS AWESOME !!!!

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? A bunch of super badass/friendly tenno i never saw a community like this one before.

What keeps you playing the game? I enjoy the game a lot and the community.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More orbiter customisation ( like a weapons stand ) , Hokeystick scythe skin and of course ordis sister that could be called NATEUR ( yeah DE i saw your bad pun and i'm probably the first one to mention this one)

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Dark sector come back !

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Fast answer and friendly for the 1 time i talked with them.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I like it its very different.

Edited by trunks013