The+Second+Stream+Podcast:+Episode+1

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,425 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Titania's Shrink ability should use the new Archwing controls (6-degrees of freedom) or should it use the Sharkwing (classic) controls?

• It should use the new controls with 6 degrees of freedom!
    • It should use Sharkwing (classic) controls!
    • I don't feel strongly either way.
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How complex should the buffs be from Titania's Soul Swipe ability?

• Very complex - give me all the buffs!
    • Moderately complex - diverse, but not too complicated to remember.
    • Not complex - the buffs should be straightforward and practical.
    • I'm not sure - need more information.
  3. 3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

• Yes, give me fewer but better Shadows.
    • No, I want an army of Shadows.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
  4. 4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

• Yes, give some love to less common weapons.
    • No, the popular melee weapons would have been a better choice.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  5. 5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

• Break them up completely for more consistent updates over a long period.
    • Break them up a bit so we get chunks of new content intermittently.
    • Don't break them up so we get big update patches with breaks inbetween.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  6. 6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

• Dating Simulator
    • Survival Horror
    • Visual Novel
    • Roguelike
    • RTS
    • Casual

This poll is closed to new votes

1. The 6DOF is something I think has been a huge positive to Archwing, despite some of the stuff we lost along the way. Something that this new movement system highlighted, however, is the need to update the tilesets. 6DOF is much like Parkour 2.0 in that way. It's a better form of movement, but it really shows what needs to be updated to match it. Archwing's new movement works great with the open space areas, but not nearly as well in the closed-in areas of Corpus Trenchrun. Thus, I don't think Titania should work with the new movement system. The on-foot tilesets are often these cramped, closed-in areas with a clear sense of up and down, so there's no real point to have the 6DOF in her flight mode.
  2. Soul Swipe definitely should not be complex for the sake of complexity's sake. By all means, make it in-depth, but there's a difference between in-depth and complicated. On the topic of complexity, there is the problem of how these buffs interact with each other. Will they synergize? Will they stack? Will they override one another? The more of these buffs we have, the more needlessly complicated it gets. I'd say to use the right amount, whatever that may be. Quality, not quantity.
  3. Shadows of the Dead is definitely something that should be more quality over quantity. I would rather have 10 smart, strong allies rather than 20 dumb, weak allies. It's a lot of the reason why Equinox's Metamorphosis augment is so useful: The specter that is spawned is both very strong and feels smarter than your standard specter. Having Shadows have this kind of quality would make even a single shadow more useful than a group. Of course, the augment surrounding the ability would need some work.
  4. Although I would prefer the less-used weapons themselves be updated and made more interesting, I can get by with their Syndicate variants giving them the attention they need. That being said, I will always believe Steel Meridian should have gotten the Ack & Brunt.
  5. I freely admit that I do get impatient about updates, but I also acknowledge the need to not repeat the mistake that was rushing Specters of the Rail. SOTR was largely a foundation update, and the level of bugs that came with it hurt the reception of the improvements both in the short term and the long term. This would be especially problematic if a story-heavy update got rushed. War Within is the second most hyped up update since Second Dream, so one can imagine the level of fire and salt there would be if a Second Dream-level update got rushed and came out incomplete and broken. I can get impatient, but it's best not to repeat the same mistakes here.
  6. If you guys add dating sim aspects to Warframe, I will name my firstborn child Booben.

I have a question actually. With the change coming to shadows of the dead...will other such summons get a tweak such as this? I refer to the Itzal and it's drones, or perhaps Atlas' rumblers, will get a similiar treatment? The whole "remove duration, they are alive as long as they have health, recast to refill their health" part.

3. I am ambivalent to how many shadows we get in SOTD but leaning towards massive army due to the traditional necromancer stereotype of having large armies of undead. In any case minions in general need to either have massive damage buffs, or do %hp damage + flat damage to enemies given the insane health scaling enemies get in late game to offset the insane damage output of fully modded tenno weapons otherwise they really will never be all that useful and as a pet based frames, pets should contribute to a large percentage of the total damage output which they currently simply cannot do against stronger enemies. Shadows also need to be given clem's AI or a new AI altogether. Aggressive, moves extremely fast, and STICKS WITH THE PLAYER.

4. While giving less used weapon categories straight up stat buffs is one way to get people to use them more, I would much prefer they have unique attributes like the heliocor for example. There is so much you could do with this. Unique stances, additional range, homing, extra damage every 3/4/5 hits, innate lifesteal, forced procs, AOE heals, energy return on kill, forced health/energy drops, any of the arcane enhancement effects, special secondary functions, etc. I understand that it is much easier to simply slap on additional stats and a syndicate proc but that's so boring and unless a weapon is incredibly overtuned, it becomes mastery fodder for the vast majority of players anyway.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

Regarding Question 1, I personally really enjoy the 6DOF AW currently has, but I feel like it wouldn't fit with Titania. 6DOF is needed in space because it's space, there shouldn't be a forced up or down orientation. Titania, however, is used planetside, so 6DOF isn't needed. And if it's not needed, why risk putting off players who don't enjoy 6DOF? 

Also, about Question 4, I find most of the choices agreeable, but Synoid Heliocor really wasn't needed. That was the one chance to have Suda do something other than rip Simaris off, and introduce another cool cephalon weapon like a cephalon glaive or sparring weapon. Also, I'd argue that Heliocor is already pretty strong, and buffing it further with a Synoid upgrade could potentially put it on Fragor Prime level, but I'll withhold judgement until we actually get the Synoid Heliocor, see what you guys have done with it. 

Edited by Icymountain

4 - About Syndicate melee wepons, I think we don't especially need to have less common wepon but less common wepon type and wepons with special mecanics.
Here, we have : Sydon, Boltace, Heliocor, Lecta, Dark dagger and Magistar.
-Sydon is a polearm and this wepon type has already some good wepons (Orthos prime, Tonbo, Lesion).
-Tonfa are only represented by Kronen and Boltace, both played by so many begginers but not really at hight tier, so Telos Botlace could be an interesting upgrade.
-Heliocor and Magistar are both hammers and there are currently some top tier hammers (Jat Kittag, Fragor prime).
-Whip dont really have top tier wepon (Atterax is good but not enough) and nobody really play them, so Secura Lecta look to be a good choice.
-Dark dagger already have an augment and the problem will be the same than Vaykor Hek, the regular version will become totally useless.

On 6 wepons, I really agree with 2 (but 3 because Heliocor has interesting scann mecanic) so, I will tell my choice for the 3 lasts with justification.
-Vaykor Ack & Brunt because there is no really good tier sword & shield and the "shield" correspond to Steel Meridian because they are protectors.
-Rakta Ether Reaper (Hate?) because scytes are really underloved and it's could match with the Red Veil mind.
-Sancti Redeemer is not an underpowered / underused wepon but it has a really interesting mecanic that able it to fire and I think it should be good to see syndicate version of this wepon.

1: The 6DoF works in space because it's, well, space. There is no horizon, no orientation point. While underwater and in a normal level there is a clear, defined "ground" or "sky" to orient to.

2: The buffs sound amazing, to the point that (if they are implemented right) Titania will become one of my favorite frames. As much as I would love to see how much diversity you're thinking of for these buffs, I also understand that they should keep reigned in. If there are a few unique buffs to be gained from different tiers of enemy would be one thing. Your normal crewman, chargers, and lancers would be the lower tier of buff. (+1 health regen/sec for 10 seconds.) Healers, nullifiers, heavy gunners, bombards, etc could be mid tier buffs. (+5% status/crit chance for 10 seconds) Eximus units could be your top tier buffs (+10% damage for 10 seconds). Just as some examples. What would easily complicate things is having unique buffs to each individual enemy type, trying to remember that oh a seeker can give me +.2m punchthrough but a ballista gives +.2m range to your weapon would be really unintuitive to learn. 

4] I actually REALLY liked the idea of buffing something underused to proper levels.

However... Here's what my opinions on them:
 - Perrin S. and Suda - weapon choice is understandable. Haliocor is the only cephalon hammer and Lecta fits Perrin well
 - Magistar for new loka - awesome choice. I loved the design of old magistar but hated the stats
 - Red Veil dagger - understandable, kinda good, but honestly i don't know... I think Venka would be much more awesome?
 - Last but also most important: Steel Meridian's Sydon. Honestly? I thought they were going for Vaykor Amphis. It's a grineer weapon, it's very underused, in fact nobody even remember it exists. And it belongs to a forgoten weapon class too - staffs. But instead we got sydon which was released not so long ago. And polearm weapon class is already overflood. Why not Amphis? Furax? Those chainsaw claws? Machetes? Of all of the weapon choices i was hyped the most for Steel Meridian and was dissapointed in it the most since Sydon was the weirdest choice amongst them. As i said: sydon is not that old and there are plenty of grineer weapons that no one even remembers about. Why Sydon, of all things?

Other than that: i'm 100% for reintroducing old weapons as better versions be it syndicates, prisma, primed, whatever... As long as awesomely terrible weapons like Kraken or Karak will get much better high-tier versions.

3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

I believe the number of shadows should be determined by quality.  Enemies are given a sort of "capacity number",  heavier units being worth more.  So you could end up with (still based on your kills) several more lancers than you could have heavy units.

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

I agree Syndicate weapons should use less common bases, but they shouldn't overlap with existing mods.  Hek/Vaykor Hek, Dark Dagger/Rakta Dark Dagger.

Edited by ZinGrin
text color oops

I definately prefer the new 6dof archwing controls for Archwing, but I think specifically for the context of Titania's shrink, i think the old controls would work better. Simply because there IS infact an up/down on normal maps, whereas there isnt in archwing. (while on the topic - Fluctus projectiles should be oriented relative to the FRAME, NOT the LEVEL. Just sayin :P )

Just my opinions passing by for point 4 and 5. I think we could really need more of those polls and questions so DE is able to get more constructive feedback from the community.

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

I agree with that, but only if you would really add less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons.

For example, the Heliocor is not really uncommon. I really dont think a weapon with a 25% crit chance and kill-scanning is that rare to deserve a place as a Syndicate weapon.
And either way it still was a bad choice. I mean, you release a weapon with good stats and a completly new feature and several weeks later a syndicate version of that. Many players have thrown out their Forma to polarize the Heliocor, only to see that there might be a better version coming soon. And that version might even render the normal version useless except for the mastery points. That's practically the same what happened to the Simulor and Gammacor. And as 1tsyB1tsyN1nja said "But 2 hammers, and a polearm? I think I can confidently say that those are both among the most popular weapon types in game by far, especially hammers considering we just got Fragor Prime. I just think better choices couldve been made." In sum, the choice of the Cephalon Suda weapons was really bad. But the other weapon choices are fine. There should only be a focus on less used weapon types, rarely updated weapon types and weapon types that have been "forgotten".

5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

"What I mind is calling content deployement stretching over several months a single update and constantly getting people over-hyped" as 5HV3N said.
I think we should stay with the old update format (big updates and some reinforcements, specials, or else in between those big updates).
The only thing I have to propose here is that we need to have an exact date of when updates will come. Many people take time off for a big update that is coming on a certain date, only to realize that the update has been delayed again for multiple weeks. That way many people are disappointed and really cant enjoy the fun of the big update as much as they would have. It also makes some problems for streamers, youtubers, and else, since they won't be able to plan their things properly too. I would rather wait one more month for an update which comes on a scheduled day which is not being delayed, instead of waiting impatiently for an update which was announced for the next week. It even partially destroys the hype and fun of some players. In sum, clear update deployment dates that are reliable would be good, so people who dont have much time are less disappointed and streamers, youtubers, and else can schedule their things better.

We could also really need an ingame function for bug reports. There would be many more bug reports which could help out fixing them, since most of the people dont use the forums or dont want to write a support ticket.

3. I chose army of shadows, it probably going to get more clustered and all but I think it's better in later games, I mean, the shadows probably won't be able to kill anything but at least they're good at being decoys, it probably would be better for later levels like level 100+ or something.

Less but better shadows is also fine I guess but I doubt that the amount of damage added to the shadows if this is implemented will be able to handle the situation well anyway....

For example, the shadows that we got right now deal a certain amount of damage, to a level 100 bombard, it would probably only like take away 1/100 of the bombard's healthbar, but at least the shadows will be able to attract the attention of the bombard and give you a chance to move out. Let's say if the "less but stronger shadows" option is implemented and given 200% damage buff or something, for a level 100 bombard, that'd mean nothing. Your chance of survival will likely to be less because you won't have as many shadows to use as "humanshields". 

As a Nekros player who doesn't 99% of the time do Desecrate, making less shadows come out of his 4 is detrimental due to how the AI functions,

they take too much focus onto hiding behind walls, also having less shadows would make the augment obsolete. Another thing that should be

addressed is the enemy type that spawns whenever you kill them and then cast your shadows. I feel like whatever system you have for that right now

isn't enough, since Nekros is so frail as a necromancer, summoning bigger and better enemies should be his strong point, with the current system,

you have to recast for shadows to replenish your health should be changed as well, you just went from a one trick pony spam for key 3 to 4, I don't

remember how it worked, when it was demonstrated on the devstream, but I believe the shadows health would just deplete and you would have to

constantly cast 4, I hope this is changes due to my reasons stated above, having no duration for Nekros's shadows now is a welcomed change

however.  Not sure if people have noticed, but at times I notice the shadows AI would just stand around for 3-6 second doing nothing and then go

back to shooting enemies even when they are right in front of them, the AI should be addressed before ANYTHING else on his Shadows. The

current planned 7 shadows change is too little as having our shadow number reduced because people aren't able to handle the numbers on their PC

isn't fair on either of the parties. However, having better shadows with like 8-10 shadows would be fair. 

Edited by Larry_Foulke

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

4] I actually REALLY liked the idea of buffing something underused to proper levels.

However... Here's what my opinions on them:
 - Perrin S. and Suda - weapon choice is understandable. Haliocor is the only cephalon hammer and Lecta fits Perrin well
 - Magistar for new loka - awesome choice. I loved the design of old magistar but hated the stats
 - Red Veil dagger - understandable, kinda good, but honestly i don't know... I think Venka would be much more awesome?
 - Last but also most important: Steel Meridian's Sydon. Honestly? I thought they were going for Vaykor Amphis. It's a grineer weapon, it's very underused, in fact nobody even remember it exists. And it belongs to a forgoten weapon class too - staffs. But instead we got sydon which was released not so long ago. And polearm weapon class is already overflood. Why not Amphis? Furax? Those chainsaw claws? Machetes? Of all of the weapon choices i was hyped the most for Steel Meridian and was dissapointed in it the most since Sydon was the weirdest choice amongst them. As i said: sydon is not that old and there are plenty of grineer weapons that no one even remembers about. Why Sydon, of all things?

Other than that: i'm 100% for reintroducing old weapons as better versions be it syndicates, prisma, primed, whatever... As long as awesomely terrible weapons like Kraken or Karak will get much better high-tier versions.

I agree, to be honest, Sydon isn't even bad, it's actually a really good melee and I don't understand why they made Sydon into a SYndicate Weapon....plus I don't think it fits the Steel Meridian, it feels way out-of-placed for some reason. What do you think about Dual Cleavers? That's going to be a bit of a pain because it probably won't be able to use the dual cleaver augment mod but yeah....

4 hours ago, Oranji said:

The Good:

• Secura Lecta - The best choice by far since:
    • Whips are pretty underused at the moment.
    • We haven't had any awesome whips for a while aside from Atterax which in itself is kinda uncommon.
    • The weapon just screams Corpus.
  • Synoid Heliocor - Although it's not like hammers needed some boost, it introduced us to Heliocor which is new, unique & stylish. Plain and simple.

The Okay:

• Sancti Magistar - It fits New Loka and it looks absolutely stunning. Apparently, so does the Scythe... one of the coolest weapons that deserve some love - *and a longer handle*

The Bad:

• Rakta Dark Dagger - Is wrong on so many levels unless a way to disable it's auto syndicate proc is implemented which I don't think will happen anytime soon(pls prove me wrong).  It also is pretty much useless on stealth missions in general and will probably wake up enemies when using Ivara & Equinox too.
  • Synoid Sydon - Think about Steel Meridian's concept/background as a whole for a few mins...Now tell me that a FORK fits them really well.
  • Telos Boltace - By far the worst weapon line up of all syndicates. I like Red Veil so I hate them but this is too much. I can't help but feel pity for these guys.

To be honest, I think Dark Dagger is actually a pretty logical weapon to use as Red Veil's syndicate melee....but yeah, I think they could've used a different dagger like the Karyst....and for some reason, I kinda wanted the SILVE AND AEGIS to be Red Veil's syndicate melee because well....FIRE. Plus, they're pretty weak, which is a shame...

Vaykor Sydon, yup, no doubt it's a really weird choice for the Steel Meridian melee, it isn't even....bad, maybe not as popular as other melees but it's just so out-of-placed in my opinion.....I think Amphis is a better choice I guess?

Telos Boltace....Well, can't say I blame them for choosing this one, I don't think Boltace is a bad weapon, it's actually pretty darn good, it doesn't look THAT bad either. Also, their weapons have been the Boltor and that dual Bolt-something pistols, basically in the family so yeah.

It's explanation time:

1. All archwing (sharkwing too) should be with 6 degrees of freedom but let's face it: if you can't control your positioning it's underwhelming. Consider creating some keybindings for repositioning but also a key for "switch" between 4 and 6 degrees of freedom

3. Surely quality is better than quantity and seven is a good number for the shadows but how the ultimate performs when the enemies are at high levels? I mean, the shadows are commanded by AI, so how about improving AI as well?

5. Splitting big updates in chunks is a good idea but, I don't know if it's just for me, releasing all chunks over a long period of time is making me crazy. I think release all the chunks in a month (or at least 3 chunks in a month) is a good starting point

6. Why I don't think the game is:

- RTS: in this kind of games you control armies and in Warframe you're only you (and your squad) against a little army. If the warframes are sentients and they can take decisions on their own what about the idea to send them in some missions with/without us? This will have some benefits: one can be gaining affinity for that warframe or gaining some resources like extractors do

- Casual: in these games there are a few rules and requires little effort and ability for playing this games. That's why I think Warframe can't be assigned to this category of game

1. Since Titania is a frame and hence land-based, definitely classic controls. Also easier to stomach for the players that have motion sickness.

2. Nuanced enough for depth, but not as crazy insane as the modding system.

3. Better shadows is great, but an augment for Army raising would be nice.

4. I actually think you should do moderately good weapons. Weak weapons need buffs and giving them to Syndicates gives them less chances to be buffed/fixed/changed. Well, unless you had a conversion kit for the weak weapon to turn into the Syndicate weapon. Like Nikana -> Dragon Nikana.

5. Less wait, more update!

6. Casual Rogue-like is how I've come to describe the game, beyond Space Ninjas with Guns and Magic.

honestly i'm conflicted about the syndicate melees. it's good to finally see them and lecta was probably the best choice for perrin, but the others are absolutely a missed opportunity.

if y'all wanted for red veil to have a dagger, why not karyst? i kind of thought y'all would have learned from the player ire over scattered justice/vaykor hek, and ideally not "let's just allow the syndicate weapon to use the augment lol"
kronen would have been fantastic too, given that they're literally named after the tonfa-wielding assassin from hellboy lmao

magistar would have been a much better fit for hexis, (i'm sorry are you guys f*cking serious with the bolt* series? telos boltor was an absolute mistake) and tbh gram or silva/aegis would have been even better. give loka nami skyla or something, the flowy design fits their nature theme (ignoring the whole "pure humanity" space fascists part lol)

imo meridian would have been better off with amphis, but that's mostly because i'm biased against sydon because 1: polearm stances still bl0w chunks, and 2: why is it puncture damage when it clearly has the same kind of superheated plasma edge as cleavers/machete/sheev?

i'm mostly cool with synoid heliocor but really? really, y'all gave the cephalons a *hammer* when they would have been the perfect opportunity for a new gunblade or nunchaku?

all in all i really expected better (but i'm not surprised) after what y'all did with the syn primaries, lol (TELOS TIBERON VAYKOR IGNIS RAKTA VECTIS SANCTI CERNOS)

1 hour ago, Ylantron said:

1. All archwing (sharkwing too) should be with 6 degrees of freedom but let's face it: if you can't control your positioning it's underwhelming. Consider creating some keybindings for repositioning but also a key for "switch" between 4 and 6 degrees of freedom

I second this. The current 6DOF Archwing is lacking primarily because of the lack of control. I hope DE goes through with the idea to bind the "Reorient"button to the "Reload" key, allowing us to gradually rotate (with sliding adjusters, yay!) our orientation at will, instead of relying on the unreliable auto-orientation.

Now, about the whole 4-part Trilogy thing, of which I have a 2-part response.

First and foremost, all this hubbub happened only because we knew that a once-large update was split into smaller chunks. Nobody, and I do mean nobody, would care if DE kept silent about the split and release Lunaro, Spectres of the Rail and War Within (Part I and Part II) like it was all part of the plan all along.

Secondly, in regards to planning for large releases between long breaks, versus consistent high-frequency (once every couple of months) content updates, there are several reasons why the latter is better. Here are three:

1. Bugs. Bugs will happen, that is a fact of our digital lives. By splitting content up, DE can better manage their resources to identify and fix the bugs of the latest patch. This means less stress on the developers, less overtime and happier employees, which would then ultimately result in a better product over time. By releasing everything all at once, DE's resources would be stretched far too thinly to cover the various breaking points, likely resulting in poor coding and thus more bugs and a poorer player experience.*
  2. Quality. As with point #1, the more resource DE can pour into a single content update, the higher the quality of gameplay we can expect. Remember that DE has a finite number of programmers, artists, producers, writers and, most importantly, man-hours to create the content. If they were to give us a new game mode with all new mechanics, a whole new progression system, a whole new loot system, a new Warframe with a wild new mechanic and her own quest line, new pets and a new cinematic quest all in one bundle, they would either take too long to complete, or they would have to ship some sub-par product. Furthermore, speaking from experience as a project manager, your staff are generally happier once they have complete a project, regardless of size. It would be very, very difficult to maintain everybody's morale when they spend months to complete only a small portion of a larger project, especially over an extended amount of time.
  3. Sustainability. Big, bombastic content updates are nice and all, but like fireworks they're a spectacle and then they're gone. We've seen this happen museums, theme parks and MMOs; customers always crave the next new thing of some arbitrary substantiality. Customers are never satisfied with minor changes (one out of your ten galleries, a single new ride or two new weapons in an arsenal spanning the hundreds) and will always seek out the "next new thing". By releasing consistent content updates DE can maintain the excitement for the game for longer periods of time.

* NB: This is assuming DE doesn't release a content update the day before they vacate their offices to party in London.

Edited by Ojimaru

Thanks again @[DE]Drew for another great and thought-provoking podcast!

Especially the bit about personal storytelling versus world-building events that have some sort of consequence(s) or another. That's definitely something I myself never really sat down and assess before; on what affects me more as a player on a much personal level. I just thought it was interesting to think about through these past years and the kind of response and feeling I got when going through something like the Second Dream versus the more communal events via Eyes of Blight or Tubemen of Regor.
Although strangely, the two events that left the biggest impression on me which I will always adore were the Cryotic Front and Gate Crash events. Even though there weren't "consequences" persay, but it really felt like we (the community) were all discovering something completely new in the Warframe universe as we were all going through the motions simultaneously.
I don't know, events like those that introduced new game-modes and/or mechanics were [to me] very memorable and awesome experiences I definitely wont be forgetting. I think events like these can still leave a great impact on many people, even if they don't necessarily have repercussions or consequences.

Well, I will say for sure that I'm really looking forward to future events now, since now it's really got me in the mood for them haha.

Anyways, can't wait for the next one!
Cheers!~

6 hours ago, armedpoop said:

About the "less popular melee weapons" thing, I was really hoping to see some actually less popular melee weapons, like sparring weapons, or sword and shield. (Maybe they arent "less popular" but theres certainly fewer of them.) We have had 2 sparring weapons for a really long time now, and sword and shields could really use some loving, among other weapon types.

I can say that the Lekta is probably by far the least popular melee weapon you guys chose, as far as weapon categories go. (based purely on my own experience, im sure you guys have actual numbers) But 2 hammers, and a polearm? I think I can confidently say that those are both among the most popular weapon types in game by far, especially hammers considering we just got Fragor Prime. I just think better choices couldve been made. 

I think that DE said that they were going to choose less popular weapons, they meant a particular weapon itself, less-so than weapon class, that said I can understand some of there choices. However, I will say that I do feel that some weapon categories could use a bit of loving with new weapons brought into them (but I feel that is something for another topic)

Honestly I think for Nekros: Shadows of the dead should have ~12 shadows(7 seems too low to me for feel like I command an army of dead), allow you to select your team preference (have a select screen in the orbiter or something), his augment should allow for 95% damage reduction through linking the 12 shadows, soul punch needs to add that enemy without the needing to kill them, the shadows should auto TP to your position when you run out of a certain range and finally make them able to be shot through like Mirages hall of mirrors.