The+Second+Stream+Podcast:+Episode+1

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream Topics  

1,425 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Titania's Shrink ability should use the new Archwing controls (6-degrees of freedom) or should it use the Sharkwing (classic) controls?

• It should use the new controls with 6 degrees of freedom!
    • It should use Sharkwing (classic) controls!
    • I don't feel strongly either way.
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. How complex should the buffs be from Titania's Soul Swipe ability?

• Very complex - give me all the buffs!
    • Moderately complex - diverse, but not too complicated to remember.
    • Not complex - the buffs should be straightforward and practical.
    • I'm not sure - need more information.
  3. 3. With the upcoming Shadows of the Dead changes, do you think quality of Shadows is better than quantity?

• Yes, give me fewer but better Shadows.
    • No, I want an army of Shadows.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
  4. 4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?

• Yes, give some love to less common weapons.
    • No, the popular melee weapons would have been a better choice.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  5. 5. What is your opinion on breaking up big updates into several smaller updates?

• Break them up completely for more consistent updates over a long period.
    • Break them up a bit so we get chunks of new content intermittently.
    • Don't break them up so we get big update patches with breaks inbetween.
    • Other (post an explanation below).
  6. 6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

• Dating Simulator
    • Survival Horror
    • Visual Novel
    • Roguelike
    • RTS
    • Casual

This poll is closed to new votes

4. Do you agree with the choice to add some less common melee weapons as Syndicate Weapons?
Other:

I think the weapons should be in character with the Syndicate. not just because they are less used. Probably similar to the weapons melee weapons the Mods were for . e,g. the Kestrel Mod from Cephalon Suda (Entropy Flight) would tend to argue the weapon should be a version of a thrown melee (Glaive, Halikar, etc.)

I only have a little extra to add for the "updates" topic.

To be completely honest, most of the time, updates are what keep me coming back. Even if it's just Tenno Reinforcements, I at least log into the game to see the weapon. I might not play too much, but I still think about Warframe more often if I have some kind of new thing to think of uses for. New Weapons, Archwings, and especially Warframes definitely keep me coming back for a long time.

(passed my 2000 hour mark!)

i was listening at the audio stream and i wonder:

really anyone thinks that Boltor is popular for any reason other than its dps performance? im convinced that boltor and its tonfa cousins sucks, they were like "hey look at this tables, every one uses boltor so lets give em a melee version of it", and who the hell likes the boltace? anyone?

my point is that they should stop measuring a weapons popularity beased on its usage because the bigger usage ratio only reflects its performance, people who plays a weapon simply because they like it is a minority

Edited by rockscl

only 24% of people want as many buffs as possible on titania's swipe ability...That doesn't sound right. The community I know would be like 'it should be buffed by melee mods, secondary weapon mods, primary mods, then if you are within a the tenno aura affinity range these buffs should get a 2X mulitiplier'

As for if we wanted less popular melees to be chosen as syndicate melees...Well the answer is yes but you guys chose some uber garbage ones. I mean Lecta? boltace? you gotta be kidding me.

Edited by SaucyTuckermax
added stuff

2 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

voting is so rigged. only 24% of people want as many buffs as possible on titania's swipe ability...That doesn't sound right. The community I know would be like 'it should be buffed by melee mods, secondary weapon mods, primary mods, then if you are within a the tenno aura affinity range these buffs should get a 2X mulitiplier'

Not really, the buffs are referring to interacting with units. It's a little intimidating with targeting and number of units to think of the sheer quantity of buffs when it could be made simple in terms of faction/defense type (I.e: Cloned Flesh vs Ferrite Armor) and they could move on. Furthermore it's unlikely with the number of units that if it were incredibly complex that we'd even see them all and the UI is starting to lose control in terms of identifying buffs as is. 

I'm going to miss having huge armies. To me, that's part of the kit of a necromancer. Creating a horde of zombies to do your bidding. Only seven? I want a Hek of a lot more. I can understand the sacrifice for performance, but my computer can handle it damnit! I wanted a horde! But alas, the voting is against me.

RIGGED VOTE OBVS. #HashtagRiggered

But seriously. Dating Simulator? All jokes aside, I am a big fan of how everything in Warframe is post-sexual. We have clones, mass spawnings of nanocreatures, robots, immortal extra-dimensional beings... good times.

That said, what would Maroo say if I invited her over to my Liset for some Forma and Chill?

On 8/9/2016 at 7:23 PM, armedpoop said:

About the "less popular melee weapons" thing, I was really hoping to see some actually less popular melee weapons, like sparring weapons, or sword and shield. (Maybe they arent "less popular" but theres certainly fewer of them.) We have had 2 sparring weapons for a really long time now, and sword and shields could really use some loving, among other weapon types.

I can say that the Lekta is probably by far the least popular melee weapon you guys chose, as far as weapon categories go. (based purely on my own experience, im sure you guys have actual numbers) But 2 hammers, and a polearm? I think I can confidently say that those are both among the most popular weapon types in game by far, especially hammers considering we just got Fragor Prime. I just think better choices couldve been made. 

Must agree. But a Telos Scindo would serve well.

On the Nekros Shadows of the dead ability, I'd generally go for fewer but stronger clones, the only problem being that the damage scaling for the current 7 "stronger" clones is less than the old max "weaker clones," so you get fewer, weaker clones.

On the use of less common weapons as syndicate melees, I can get behind that somewhat, although I would like to see dual swords get some love, since currently the only dual weapons that are worth their slot in your inventory are the dual ichor and the dual zoren, both of which are axes. The real reason for this being that dual swords have garbage crit chance, so they aren't viable for end-game. I'd like to see a new special dual sword that has a buffed crit chance, equal to that of, say, the Dual Zoren or the Destreza.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

About the fourth question. I agree, but feel like some of the choices were plain wrong. Mainly the: Magistar, Dark Dagger and to some extend the Boltace. Let me explain.

• Sancti Magistar - Let's be honest DE, dont lie to yourself, the hammer category definitely isn't unpopular anymore. Also as everyone else has said so far ''Why 2 hammers?''. Yes, the Magistar looks good as a New Loka weapon. Yes its probably one of the more underrated weapons in said category. But, and I am sorry for my language, we don't need another god damn hammer, DE.
  • Rakta Dark Dagger - On the polar opposite of the Magistar we have this. Its the same story as the Vaykor Hek. Already has a syndicate mod and definitely isn't unpopular. Again, just because a category might be underused, doesnt mean that an item in is. Thanks to the ''Gleaming Blight'' mod, Dark Dagger is moust likely the most famous single dagger curently in Warframe (maybe sharing the spot with Karyst).
  • Telos Boltace - *sigh* I understand you were just finishing off the ''Bolt'' set, but preaty much everything I said about the Dark Dagger (excluding syndicate mod) also applies here. Take a guess on which of the only two Tonfa weapons is more popular. Here are two tips, ''Maiming Strike'' and highest Slide Attack damage...what else do I need to say? 

Ok now if you will be so kind to listen 'till the end, here are my suggestions on replacements.

• Sancti Pangolin Sword - I only need an image to explain this.
Spoiler

hadhafang-lotr-elven-sword-of-arwen.jpglatest?cb=20130426080637

No matter how you look at it, its more or less an Elven Sword from Lord of the Rings. Is that not good enough to be a New Loka syndicate weapon!?

Plus, I bet some people dont even know about it. Isn't that what you were looking for DE, underrated weapons?

• Rakta or Sancti Ether Sword - I shall just quote it's Codex entry ''A single blade for more precision. The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies.''. If you didn't understand, I shall repeat. Humane! Now whats the name of the highest tier New Loka Sigil? Humanity Sigil. I repeat again, cleansing. Here is one of Red Veil's quotes, "The old ways speak of a cleansing fire. We of the Red Veil must burn away this corruption to begin anew.'' DE, it's that simple, trust me. Also it is in the single sword category. We have plenty of those and they are all awful (besides Broken War and Dakra Prime)!
  • Rakta Kama - It rhymes, It fits Red Veil's style and is part of the Machete category aka the Forgotten category.
  • Telos Tonbo - Ok well maybe it's not underrated, but I quote the Codex entry once again ''During the darkest days of the Old War many a Tenno relied solely on the Tonbo to keep them alive.''. Relying solely on a polearm to survive the toughest trials of a war, I would say such a weapon deserves the Telos title.
  • Telos Kronen - What, you need me to explain why it deserves the spot more then some stupid Boltace? Figure it out yourself.
  • Telos Skana - Only as a joke and because I want to see what will happen, if I use a New Loka Syndnicate mod on a Arbiters of Hexis weapon. Double Procs?

On the fourth question, the one about syndicate melee, I agree that adding less common weapons was a good idea. What I disagree is with the choosen weapons. For example, we're getting 2 syndicate hammers regardles of some of the last weapons released being heliocor (understandable since suda always get an upgrade of a recent simaris weapon), fragor prime, sibear, and Vulcan Blitz (Jat Kittag rathuum mod) while some other more obviously less used weapon categories didn't do it, like machetes, scythes, nunchakus or claws, for example.

Said that, I guess new stances for certain weapon categories would have been a better approach (except for claws, these have 3 stances and none of them seems, imo, appealing to use in combat. The current stats of ripkas and venkas only make things worst)

On 8/9/2016 at 7:04 PM, That1Cactus said:

When it comes to the Syndicate melees it is a real mixed bag of opinions, at least for me.

:meridian: Vaykor Sydon is an odd choice, while I do enjoy the Sydon I don't see how Polearms are considered unpopular, since I see more Polearms than many other unpopular melees. If anything a Fist/Sparring would have been a considered choice since those are far more unpopular than a lot of other melees, so Furax could have fit the bill more. I would say Machete too but we really do need them to be reworked or tweaked before we do anything about them.

:hexis: Telos Boltace I completely disagree with because it doesn't fit too well with the Arbiter's "Sword" theme they have all on their sigils and syandana. And if Tonfas are less popular, then the Kronen would have been a better choice since it's more like a blade (like a sword). Plus it would have break the chain of AoH's predictable weapon choices.

:suda: Synoid Heliocor was obvious when the normal variant came, I still wished Heliocor was a Glaive-like melee instead of hammer, considering hammers are far from being "unpopular". 

:perrin: Secura Lecta is an eh, whips are very unpopular and I can very much agree with that statement. But if I remember correctly there was a plan of having a augment mod for the Lecta and this makes me unsure whether that mentioned mod would end up being a Syndicate mod (which would be another conflict situation.)

:redveil: Rakta Dark Dagger is conflicting  mainly because there is already a Syndicate Mod for the Dark Dagger in Red Veil, so why would you repeat the same conflict that Vaykor Hek had? Is it another case of those who don't learn from history repeat it? Karyst would have been a more unique choice since it is rarely mentioned and even has the description of being an assassin's dagger. Or even Heat Dagger with the fire theme Red Veil goes with.

:loka: Sancti Magistar has us go back to my thoughts on hammers, they aren't really considered "unpopular". A Scythe would have been a better choice since those are more undervalued, even Ether Reaper or Anku could pull off the Sancti look. Or even with the idea that Polearms are "unpopular", Tonbo would have been a choice. Or back to the Machete family, Nami Solo.

The idea of having unpopular and undervalued melee weapons for Syndicate melees sounded awesome in concept, but sadly it's execution wasn't pulled off well in the end since it just became one Syndicate being completely predictable and bland, TWO hammers, and another Syndicate mod compatibility conflict.

And sadly there's no way of reversing these choices unless the idea of "Syndicate Weapons Wave 2" becomes a thing.

All of this I can some-what agree on. Yet the boltace makes a perfect appearance as a weapon because of taking the boltor to make them. The Magistar is deffinatly a different choice and is good for diversity, while I can also agree on the Rakta Dark Dagger having an augment mod to match its original - The Vaykor Hek has one as well so it probably wouldn't make a difference to the rest of the community. As for my personal choice on a new Sancti weapon, I would have loved to have a Sancti Tipedo. At the end of things though, I cant complain about a single thing they're doing. They're doing a good job on being innovative and changing the way we play to create a more diverse game.

6. Fun topic: choose all the video game labels that DON'T apply to Warframe!

Everyone has been voting wrong with these.

Warframe is clearly a Dating Simulator. I've been getting a lot of rep with Steel Meridans leader lately.

Warframe is clearly a Survival Horror, the infested give off the creepiest of vibes when you are running a survival mission.

Warframe is clearly a Visual Novel, the second dream in 1fps, no explanation needed. 

Warframe is clearly a Roguelike, every time i run a dungeon/mission i get loot and treasure chests. It checks every box on the: "Is This Game A Roguelike" list.

Warframe is clearly a RTS, planning where to put down a spectre or health drops make it into a real strategy game.

Warframe clearly isnt a Casual game, look at all the hardcore people running around + fashionframe is not for the weak casuals.

titania should get 6dof WITH AFTERBURNER

titanias first three abilities should just be combined into one.. make them a floating lure that leaves a buff behind

as for syndicate melee: i would have preferred new additions to the game in the form of upgrades.. 

examples: dual synoid glaives. twin sancti redeemer. rakta twin sheev. dual vaykor atterax.

all friendly ai could use the stay/follow commands, as well as 'target marked enemy'

Why didn't the Arbiters get something more interesting like, say, Telos Jaw Sword? Might as well change the syndicate to the Arbiters of Boltor.

Other than that, they're pretty fine. I like the decision to include my favorite whip Lecta and the abandoned Magistar as syndicate melees.

Edited by Jangkrik