The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #79 Overview

AM-Bunny

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Nullies are NOT fine as they are. Synoid Mirages and WoF Embers are annoying, but not super common. Nullies are objectively unfun.

Not super common? Do you play many pub games? Serious question as Syn Mirages in particular are the band of my existence. Nullifiers are awesome because they counter practically every frame - god mode valkyr, camping in frost bubbles, cheesy invisibility avoidance... yet are woefully weak close range in both health and offense. Theyre fine as they are, they're one of the few enemies in the game which make things challenging.

Was hoping the Umbra thing would have died down by now too. It's coming, they've said dozens of times why we've not got it yet - yet still people are not happy. Second Dream was incredible, they've earned right to blow us away with a full quest around it... it would be anti climatic beyond imagination I'd the impatient fans for what they wanted and it was just another prime access. That infested part of your ship is likely tied to it as well, were being teased in a good way with Umbra. Im hyped for it and hopefully it's the ONLY umbra frame we get.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Not super common? Do you play many pub games? Serious question as Syn Mirages in particular are the band of my existence.

Yes and I maybe only see them once every 15 games

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Nullifiers are awesome because they counter practically every frame - god mode valkyr, camping in frost bubbles, cheesy invisibility avoidance... yet are woefully weak close range in both health and offense. Theyre fine as they are, they're one of the few enemies in the game which make things challenging.

You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes good game design. I would have thought you wanted the player to have FUN

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

WE ARE STARTING TO TALK ABOUT EXCA UMBRA. ALL OF MY THANKS DE!

After 13 months of waiting and how delays have been going with updates, I guess it's time to get ready for another year waiting.

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Glad they're taking their time with umbra, sounds like it's gonna be a huge reveal much like the second dream

Here's a clem :clem:

Imho, it sounds like DE doesn't know how to make him fit into the lore, being that the reason why Umbra keeps going from "secret" to "delayed" status.

5 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

After 13 months of waiting and how delays have been going with updates, I guess it's time to get ready for another year waiting.

Imho, it sounds like DE doesn't know how to make him fit into the lore, being that the reason why Umbra keeps going from "secret" to "delayed" status.

Which is precisely why i'm glad they don't rush it because F*** all who knows what would happen if they release it just for the sake of it. 

S

19 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

• It doesn't sound as if there are any plans currently to nerf Nullifiers

So devs clearly doesn't play their own game, if they think that nullifiers somewhat "changes" our gameplay.

Even more with "oh a nullifier, i have to do something else"...you don't do something else, it's more of-"Oh hek, another nulifiers...thank god i didn't bring bow or sniper *Shots bubble with high RoF guns, kill nulli in a second, just like every other enemy in the game*"

Nulifiers aint fun or challenging, they are dumb band aid enemy produced by uninspiring peoples who can't came up with something else to counter our skill spam...and it even doesn't counter it well!!

All nullifiers does is-A-annoy players and B-punish low RoF guns, which already less popular that high RoF ones. Sadtenno

Edited by -CM-Hekovashi

18 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

-snip-

Devs do play their game, some of them play often and some play quite little

The question that was asked about nullifiers was generalized in such a way that they tackled something that wasn't really an issue. They missed the main points of why nullifiers are mostly hated because of that generalization of the main question.

In the end, it's best to keep bringing it up and stating the mainpoints of why bubble boys are hated.

16 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

You and I have very different ideas of what constitutes good game design. I would have thought you wanted the player to have FUN

There is still fun, just less cheese. Remember his draco Mesa and greedy pull Mag was fun for people? How one button nuke Saryn was fun for people? Everyone has different takes on what makes a game fun (me? I'm an atlas main, latron wraith is my fave all time weapon, I love archwing and kubrows - not meta but fun to me). What we need remember though is there has to be balance too.

Corpus were embarrassing joke before nullifiers and bursa (combas too). Infested far less one dimensional now as well since Alad V mixed things up... the games better for them. We've moved on from one button = win a long time ago and games better for it esp as power creep is more prevalent than ever in every mod releases and most weapons.

On 19/08/2016 at 8:53 PM, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Welp nothing on the Limbo/Ash reworks. And they already stated everything gets steamrolled except nullies so they'd have to rework every enemy in the game before nullies get touched.

Why would limbo get a rework? he should be way further down the queue, zeph & oberon to name a couple that are far more in need. i am sure there are others but i am tired and its late..

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Since you've been offline for a day, lemme just link you to my thesis on the matter.

The nullifiers are meant to nullify most things not just those 4, alas they're game tactic changers to everyone from defensive tanks like frost to squishy support frames like Nekros. I can relate to your point on snipers (punch through should negate bubble defender but still they don't make snipers unviable, just make you consider your secondary option to better counter enemy units like nullifier if you'd a sniper lover).

You mention the Syn Similar - good point alas that's MY idea of terrible game design. The original wasn't bad but it compete with Mirage created exactly the kind of OP cheese they've been targeting for months in the games balance giving abusable CC Vauban has to ultimate to create. That and the Tonkor (all the damage of a g.launcher with none of the setbacks that balanced them?). Still at least syndicate primaries are MR 12 to help top tier missions (though we know theyre being abused on every planet not just top tier ones).

1 hour ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

Why would limbo get a rework? he should be way further down the queue, zeph & oberon to name a couple that are far more in need. i am sure there are others but i am tired and its late..

He was mentioned way earlier than Ash bladestorm for having a rework and I dunno if you've noticed but Limbo's relevance to anything other than trolling and cheesing sortie defense is few and far between. Though the devs also said they have no idea what they're going to do with him so....yeah.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

He was mentioned way earlier than Ash bladestorm for having a rework and I dunno if you've noticed but Limbo's relevance to anything other than trolling and cheesing sortie defense is few and far between. Though the devs also said they have no idea what they're going to do with him so....yeah.

Limbo is on Scott's priority list. No others were mentioned though I'm sure Zephyr is on there as parkour 2.0 hurt her greatly in everything that made her unique is mostly gone (she's one of the least played frames in the game). Issue with Limbo was stated as not the simple need for a rework but his very role is vague in what he wants him to do - it's obv with mostly all other frames but limbo not so much.

Why do people keep going on about Oberon though? Great frame with great kit. Numbers could get buffed yeah but he's a hybrid frame - as such he has CC, Heal, Damage etc but others do any of those three better (he DID get buffed few months back). Like other hybrids like say Nezha he does a lot of things but as a jack of all trades master of none deal. I like him, honestly believe an Oberon Prime would be really popular with the community like Vauban Prime was - another great frame rarely seen as "better" options were deemed meta in the eyes of many.

If I had to choose who I'd rework next it would be Zephyr. Limbo and Hydroid would be on that list too though.