Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE show "useless" mods more love

kazenioware

Give us one or two more spaces similar to that exilus slot.

IT would be better to reserve them strictly to special kind of mods.

One only for resistances and one only for some "behavioural" stuff, like "aviator" or "maglev".

Because otherwise players will use them for the more useful mods like drift mods.

Yeah but this is progress here.

Until you get a Drift mod, you use Maglev because you don't have anything else.

Until you get a Rejuvenation/Stand United, you use an EMP Aura because you don't have anything else.

I'm generally fine with mods not being equally powerful, there have to be common things, so rare ones can exist, too.

Personally I feel the whole modding system needs a slight overhaul... We have augments that take away a valuable slot (my main issue), we have 'standard mods' like health/shields/armor that are kind of mandatory and to make the most of our slots we basically end up using an aura that gives us 14 or 18 extra allowance, even if that isn't the 'best aura' for the frame.  

On another thread I made a suggestion about having two pools rather than one large one and I still think that's a better approach than just adding more slots.  On one side you'd have an allowance for health, armor, shields, aura and augments (which can go on either side), on the other side you would have an allowance for everything else and the exilus slot.  It still has limits so dev's can encourage forma use/purchase and it's still using the existing mod 'structure'. 

Having said that the absolute easiest option for the dev's is another slot that needs to be unlocked like the exilus slot does and remove 'cost' of the augments in this slot, it's another source of 'income' (cough grind) for the dev's and another slot for us.  

There was also another idea about removing polarities on auras (and later discussions led to on mods too) and just having forma 'half cost' of mods because of the polarities restricting combinations on the other 'build tabs'.

Edited by LSG501

I think we should segregate mods into there own catagories 

-8 slots for exilus 

-8 slots for augments (We would need more augment's)

-8 slots for modding out shields seperatly (was also recently mentioned in another thread) 

+ anything else that I didn't mention, we need a modding 2.0 or 3.0 in the works 

Edited by Wolfnrun

19 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

I think we should segretage mods into there own catagories 

-8 slots for exilus 

-8 slots for augments (We would need more augment's)

-8 slots for modding out shields seperatly (was also recently mentioned in another thread) 

+ anything else that I didn't mention, we need a modding 2.0 or 3.0 in the works 

I appreciate the spirit of your post but man that would be overkill

2 hours ago, Keiiken said:

I appreciate the spirit of your post but man that would be overkill

I would argue that warframe is to simple and needs to "evolve" fusion evolved, star-chart evolved, market evolved (meaning a re-work) I'm looking towards a modding 2.0 along with damage 3.0, I think it's time we pushed our limit's as space ninjas in the system! Or, maybe something like this is already in place for when WW comes  

On 8/31/2016 at 5:15 PM, at35z said:

Until you get a Drift mod, you use Maglev because you don't have anything else.

Implying that anyone being that new would waste 20p or 2 forma for an exilus slot, while not having some neat mods for it, and if they do, due to lack of knowledge and the existence of reactors/catalysts, they will weep. I still buy forma packs and reactors/catalysts instead of exilus adapters, yet i have Drift mods. These slots are only a luxury that barely affect gameplay, that +15 range/str/etc. is just an eyecandy. In case if the next argument is that people just gonna slap on more drift mods then, limit the drifts to 1 in the exilus slots. If you want to use more, you'll have to use it in the normal slots.

On 8/31/2016 at 5:15 PM, at35z said:

Until you get a Rejuvenation/Stand United, you use an EMP Aura because you don't have anything else.

I actually got EMP aura only after 400+ hours into the game and Reju was my first

Edited by Sovyul

To this day, I'm rendered speechless by the additions of Power Drift and Cunning Drift

Exilus was a pretty good idea, and then they introduced these two mods one update later that completely murdered the concept. They are literally everything the devs said the Exilus slot wasn't supposed to be used for. Now they're the only two mods anyone would consider slotting in there, and it's a mandatory slot just like the others.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:43 AM, Insizer said:

Making another slot exclusively for useless mods doesn't make them anymore useful. Sure, I may mod aviator, but only because why not rather than because I view it as useful.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:00 AM, kazenioware said:

Give us one or two more spaces similar to that exilus slot.

IT would be better to reserve them strictly to special kind of mods.

One only for resistances and one only for some "behavioural" stuff, like "aviator" or "maglev".

Because otherwise players will use them for the more useful mods like drift mods.

Sure.

But first, let's have DE freaking re-release Aviator. Been an exclusive mod for so damn long that now it costs hundreds of plat to get it. It's ridiculous. Yes, it was an event mod. And one of the very few that hasn't ever mad a re-appearance.

7 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

To this day, I'm rendered speechless by the additions of Power Drift and Cunning Drift

Exilus was a pretty good idea, and then they introduced these two mods one update later that completely murdered the concept. They are literally everything the devs said the Exilus slot wasn't supposed to be used for. Now they're the only two mods anyone would consider slotting in there, and it's a mandatory slot just like the others.

In all fairness, I often use Speed Drift instead. But yeah, those three are basically the only ones I use there, in the vast majority of cases.

Its like in IT, everyone has big ideas, is enthusistic, full of beans and wants to create grat things. But noone wants to clean up them mess or maintain the stuff.

Slash, impact, puncture Mods for some weapons are quite useless, as i have to combine elemental mods to increase damage output and there is no slot left.

On 2.9.2016 at 7:51 AM, Biofreezer said:

Its like in IT, everyone has big ideas, is enthusistic, full of beans and wants to create grat things. But noone wants to clean up them mess or maintain the stuff.

Slash, impact, puncture Mods for some weapons are quite useless, as i have to combine elemental mods to increase damage output and there is no slot left.

You are missing the point. Entirely.

I know NO one that ever uses certain mods because there are always other mods that are more important.

Certainly you can do so. But not without severe disadvantages.

If there were slots reserved only to things like "maglev" or "heavy impact" or those flight mods.

It would change the way many players approach the game. We would jump, slide, hang more often. Because we wouldn't be able to use that special slot for more "useful" stuff, like range, power, speed or duration modifiers. (I am aware those drift mods modify slightly some of those other stats.)

And maybe it would enable to create even more specialized weapons which benefits from those moves. A weapon with extra high sliding damage, a weapon that stores kinetic energy, a weapon which has its moments up in the air.