Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe look should change by effect of mods.

Arutal13

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

No thanks, I want my fashion frame dictated by my cosmetics, not by my mods. 

This reason is exactly why DE removed arcane helmets, because with stats attached to skins players were unsatisfied with their appearance but they dealt with it because the stats were better.

Appearance being tied to stats is a generally bad thing.

36 minutes ago, Sniper_Wolf13 said:

As i said maybe DE can make it that warframes change based on strentgh,efficiency,duration or range.That would be more realistic,any ideas accepted.

Realistic?! Warframe is anything but realistic, just like Star Wars, Destiny(don't shun me), and any other sci-fi movie or game. 

29 minutes ago, reptillicus said:

This reason is exactly why DE removed arcane helmets, because with stats attached to skins players were unsatisfied with their appearance but they dealt with it because the stats were better.

and then immediately made Arcane Enhancements.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and then immediately made Arcane Enhancements.

Arcane Enhancements can be put on anything cosmetic and can be removed and put on others if the person so desires, whereas the old arcanes were tied to certain helmets. It's similar but not entirely the same.

42 minutes ago, reptillicus said:

Why didn't they completely remove them from the game then? 

Because now they don't only still change stats, but they are only available to players who buy them or were playing and got them back when they were a thing.

Also the Brokk Hammer skin still changes stats on the Fragor (Prime).

41 minutes ago, NyxCrab said:

Arcane Enhancements can be put on anything cosmetic and can be removed and put on others if the person so desires, whereas the old arcanes were tied to certain helmets. It's similar but not entirely the same.

still the same problem. stats tied to Cosmetics.

51 minutes ago, NyxCrab said:

And if you don't want to wear any syandana? And currently there's a cost to moving them, but that is going away, leaving it as basically 2 slots that you have to go and change in unnecessary convoluted way.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

still the same problem. stats tied to Cosmetics.

except its not.

The problem he showed was that stats were tied to SPECIFIC cosmetics meaning if you wanted say Loki to have more efficiency you needed to wear his Essence Helmet.

Arcane enhancements let you tie them to almost any cosmetic item of your choice and you can freely remove them, You are not restricted to a specific cosmetic item and have to suffer a fashion you didn't like cause of stats when you had to before the Arcane Enhancements.

2 hours ago, reptillicus said:

Speak for yourself~ ;D

I still got arcane vanguard helmet~

Dun care about the looks long as I got the power! >;D

1 hour ago, AbyssalCrow said:

Arcane enhancements let you tie them to almost any cosmetic item of your choice and you can freely remove them, You are not restricted to a specific cosmetic item and have to suffer a fashion you didn't like cause of stats when you had to before the Arcane Enhancements.

still Stats tied to Cosmetics.

what if a Player doesn't like any Cosmetics? that would be a Cosmetic choice too. but those Players are told they're lower class citizens.

still Stats tied to Cosmetics. it's less destructive but honestly it's only a few steps down on the ladder.

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

leaving it as basically 2 slots that you have to go and change in unnecessary convoluted way.

that too - menus upon menus upon console menus to change something that should be much less time consuming and hidden away to change.
because for some reason if less <90% of the screen is negative space, then the world is ending.

I see where you are coming from with it and in all honesty if fashion frame wasn't already dictated by cosmetics and such it might be a neat idea however a lot more work. Basing it all on strength, duration, efficiency and range would also seem a little odd, I mean adding max strength to a Rhino and he gets even more buff looking like the hulk.. oh the nightmare fuel that would be.. just no thank you there.. and the alternative of a character editing system would be even worse.. I mean this sound a hell of a lot better than that but still no thank you.