Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Weapon Overview: Telos Boltace

Circle_of_Psi

9 hours ago, Ailissa said:

With the amount of whining about it, by the time it goes to console it will be like slapping things with a wet noodle and completely pointless. 

With the amount of whining about it, it wont be hitting anything by the time it gets to the consoles.

The range will be reduced to an imaginary number and itll start using 2k  hp and 1k energy when you charge attack ad 30k hp when you use life strike on it

Edited by AngryBAsian

9 minutes ago, VonDodo said:

with maiming strike you just slide through rooms and nothing is comparable to that not even simulor.

Galatine prime comparison doesn t remotely fit... they are on a different level.

The endgame weapon excuse is just that.

Anything preventing other players to play the game is not a good design and there are only 2 offenders when it comes to that (maybe 3 with ash but its going to be changed) simulor and telos boltor

And no you can t expect players to avoid public because there are guys ruining the fun... that instead is  the exact reason whty they should balance it...

It can kill enemies in one slide with Maiming Strike, I agree with that. But for it to wipe entire rooms you need maxed Primed Reach. I'm saying that it takes a lot of S#&$ to get it going compared to Synoid Simulor, where as you don't even need a maxed Primed mod to have it wipe entire rooms. Also as of now, Maiming Strike is unobtainable through farming, another reason why it isn't OP for everyone. It's only OP if people have the right mods, and people who usually have such mods can bring anything to public missions and still be OP.

Using it with just a Reach and no Maiming Strike makes it just as good as most mid tier weapons, save for the extra range. Without Maiming Strike it's basically junk and without Primed Reach it can never wipe rooms. Orthos Prime with just a Reach and no Maiming Strike is much better than a Telos Boltace with the same mods.

41 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

The only way for it to kill enemies above level 60 is through Maiming Strike. Also to give it full potential you need a maxed Primed Reach. So no, it doesn't need a nerf for me. It's like WoF, good for clearing trash mobs, but pretty bad for dealing with high level ones, unless you have Maiming Strike, Primed Reach and Primed Pressure Point.

Bringing a Volt with Galatine Prime requires little aim, and little timing. Just spam E. Oh wait that's not mindless too, my bad, only Telos Boltace is.

Bringing an 'endgame' weapon build into a low tier, killing everything, is pretty normal. You complain about S. Simulor shredding people in public games, where as Amprex would do just as good. Why not complain about Amprex too, since it can pretty much kill everything in public missions (excluding Sorties, I haven't tried it there yet) with little to no aim required. Because you barely see Amprex being used, since S. Simulor is a meta weapon.

I said it before, I'll say it again, fix broken scaling then we can fix "broken" weapons.

Finally someone with logic. Welp since Tboltace is op, why dont we nerf all stats for weapons in game to that of the viper? In fact why dont we just make Viper the only weapon in game? Oh god EVERYTHING WILL BE FAIR. 

P.S. : I support your idea im not insulting it

Edited by AngryBAsian

3 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

It can kill enemies in one slide with Maiming Strike, I agree with that. But for it to wipe entire rooms you need maxed Primed Reach. I'm saying that it takes a lot of S#&$ to get it going compared to Synoid Simulor, where as you don't even need a maxed Primed mod to have it wipe entire rooms. Also as of now, Maiming Strike is unobtainable through farming, another reason why it isn't OP for everyone. It's only OP if people have the right mods, and people who usually have such mods can bring anything to public missions and still be OP.

Using it with just a Reach and no Maiming Strike makes it just as good as most mid tier weapons, save for the extra range. Without Maiming Strike it's basically junk and without Primed Reach it can never wipe rooms. Orthos Prime with just a Reach and no Maiming Strike is much better than a Telos Boltace with the same mods.

As if maiming strike and prime reach were hard to get. They are not some 12.000 plat things.... most players have them

47 minutes ago, VonDodo said:

with maiming strike you just slide through rooms and nothing is comparable to that not even simulor.

Galatine prime comparison doesn t remotely fit... they are on a different level.

The endgame weapon excuse is just that.

Anything preventing other players to play the game is not a good design and there are only 2 offenders when it comes to that (maybe 3 with ash but its going to be changed) simulor and telos boltor

And no you can t expect players to avoid public because there are guys ruining the fun... that instead is  the exact reason whty they should balance it...

I have to disagree.

Anything requiring two Primed Mods at max level and an Accolyte Mod to be able to handle levels 30 to 60 enemies isn't OP.

Have you tried to go through a mission with the Telos Boltace without Primed Reach, Primed Pressure Point and Maiming Strike?
Because you'll find that at that point it drops off just a little after level 30.  Which is still very low leveled.
Add onto that the fact that enemies, crates, knee high railing, and even dead bodies can block the wave and this weapon isn't as reliable, or as OP, as you're claiming.

Even if you go through the entire mission do mid-air slide attacks to avoid some of its problems with the rather harsh damage fall-off its even possible for channeling slide attacks to fail to kill grunt enemies at level 30 with a full mod set, including Primed Reach and Maiming Strike.
Or to simply not hit an enemy directly next to you....

The simple fact of the matter is that the Telos Boltace is only "OP" at lower levels where anything can wipe the room.

Hek, using those standards of "OP" every single frame with an AoE ability is OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground.

Seriously, I can outdo the Telos Boltace at lower levels with a fast AoE frame.  I can outdo it at higher levels with a fast AoE frame.

Without two max leveled primed mods and an accolyte mod this weapon isn't that good.
Seriously try it out without those and you'll see that yourself.

The only thing that its good at is killing trash mobs...which anything is OP at doing that.

EDIT: And that is added onto the fact that the weapon itself is MR8 and a syndicate weapon to boot and I would say that its power level is about right.
And one other thing: the slide attack wave simply isn't that good at destroying things that aren't trash mobs.  I mean it can't even benefit from the melee combo counter (and I've tested that and sadly it deals the same damage whether you have a x3 combo multiplier or none).  And even if you are directly hitting a non-trash mob with a channeled melee slide attack, such as a Heavy Gunner or Bombard or Napalm, its possible for that enemy to survive two or more of those attacks.  And that is without even considering eximus units or the other enemies which can survive even more...
But if you consider being able to kill low level trash mobs as "OP" and "Ruining your fun" maybe you should try the higher levels that aren't levels 15-20.
Because lets face it, I can manage to get an easier to earn melee weapon with the same mods and vastly outperform what the weapon can do even at the lower ranges of "high" level content, the only place that I would be beaten at is killing low level trash mobs in large numbers.  Which again most frames or guns can do faster which makes pretty much everything "OP" by the standards you've stated in this thread.

Edited by Tsukinoki

8 minutes ago, VonDodo said:

As if maiming strike and prime reach were hard to get. They are not some 12.000 plat things.... most players have them

While I do agree, I personally dont see people abusing it that much. Not only is it boring as fck, there other weapons I would rather use just because its more fun and just as powerful in terms of getting the job done.

However, Tboltace is convenient and also it feels nice to use "OP" weapons once in a while. If we nerf Tboltace we might as well nerf Zenistars too. Since they are also "OP"

Edited by AngryBAsian

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I have to disagree.

Anything requiring two Primed Mods at max level and an Accolyte Mod to be able to handle levels 30 to 60 enemies isn't OP.

Have you tried to go through a mission with the Telos Boltace without Primed Reach, Primed Pressure Point and Maiming Strike?
Because you'll find that at that point it drops off just a little after level 30.  Which is still very low leveled.
Add onto that the fact that enemies, crates, knee high railing, and even dead bodies can block the wave and this weapon isn't as reliable, or as OP, as you're claiming.

Even if you go through the entire mission do mid-air slide attacks to avoid some of its problems with the rather harsh damage fall-off its even possible for channeling slide attacks to fail to kill grunt enemies at level 30 with a full mod set, including Primed Reach and Maiming Strike.
Or to simply not hit an enemy directly next to you....

The simple fact of the matter is that the Telos Boltace is only "OP" at lower levels where anything can wipe the room.

Hek, using those standards of "OP" every single frame with an AoE ability is OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground.

Seriously, I can outdo the Telos Boltace at lower levels with a fast AoE frame.  I can outdo it at higher levels with a fast AoE frame.

Without two max leveled primed mods and an accolyte mod this weapon isn't that good.
Seriously try it out without those and you'll see that yourself.

The only thing that its good at is killing trash mobs...which anything is OP at doing that.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

I admit it's now my farming weapon, especially since Ayatan stars are a thing. 

I find it mandatory to find sculptures, medallions, stars and stuff. 

But other than that, it's pretty boring so I wouldn't say it's my main melee. 

I use the Ignis to break things. Less work.

And about the Statue locations... I more or less "know" where to look since I they spawn in the same places as the Syndicate Medalions and Cephalon Fragments, specially if its in the Grineer Asteroid, that one I just rush throught looking at the mini-map for something in an unusual position.

this is why you should never judge a weapons power on garbage levels  (star chart missions and 5- 40 minutes endless missions  = levels 25 - 50) everything  in the game is op at those levels...

set variable ( simulacrum) isn't valid as a reference either,  it isn't the same mixture of hard hitting high armored and buffed up enemies that negates most damage types.. simply put its just another little above fodder weapon that only has the slide attack gimmick going on for it and nothing else.

where it does shine is with  Banshee+ silence ( short ranged) and built for status and speed >> you will run into a brick wall @ around level 120+

Tbh the only thing that needs to get looked at, possibly an oversight/bug, is what this thread pointed-out in feedback:

Simply put it, the biggest elephant in the room is the fact that AoE hits are FREE ENERGY HITS essentially boils down to:

1. Slap Lifestrike & Prime Reach Bonus: Add :naramon:+ Maiming Strike (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Stealth2Kill ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ) 

2. Use Energy Channel

3. Makes sure only AoE hits enemy (hitting it with the actual melee drains energy)

4.???????

5.Profit & Rivers of blood and gore

PS: If the video mentioned this or post before then my bad for repeating it. I just figure this probably needed to be pointed out since is a no-no in terms of [DE]Balance as far I am aware.

Also I fully agree with @Tsukinoki 

44 minutes ago, Fionntan said:

Tbh the only thing that needs to get looked at, possibly an oversight/bug, is what this thread pointed-out in feedback:

Simply put it, the biggest elephant in the room is the fact that AoE hits are FREE ENERGY HITS essentially boils down to:

1. Slap Lifestrike & Prime Reach Bonus: Add :naramon:+ Maiming Strike (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Stealth2Kill ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ) 

2. Use Energy Channel

3. Makes sure only AoE hits enemy (hitting it with the actual melee drains energy)

4.???????

5.Profit & Rivers of blood and gore

PS: If the video mentioned this or post before then my bad for repeating it. I just figure this probably needed to be pointed out since is a no-no in terms of [DE]Balance as far I am aware.

Also I fully agree with @Tsukinoki 

Well I never used Channeling on Telos Boltace because I always thought every hit would drain my energy. That should be fixed, other than that it needs no nerfs.

12 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

''Only good at killing trash mobs'' 

Granted, yes, its with Mesas buff but you can reach that damage output quickly without it.

Hmmm, 3 Primed Mods and 1 Rare Acolyte mod. Where as if you use Body Count, Blood Rush and Berserker on Galatine Prime and it already does better. May I repeat myself, use it only with a Reach and no Maiming Strike, now compare it to an Orthos Prime with the same mods. Tell me which is better. Giving it 3 Primed mods just to be able to kill as good as Galatine Prime is not OP.

Also Tonkor already got nerfed. I don't see the point in comparing the two. Same for Synoid Simulor. Synoid Simulor and Tonkor killed much easier before the nerf and it only needed 1 Rare Acolyte mod at best.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, Tsukinoki said:

.blah blah blah

Missing the point.

Its not about showing how rich you are, its about of removing OP stuff.

If even a single player has access to something that ruin games for Others you have to change it.

Those mods on other weapons don t make the same results so the offender is clearly the boltace...

The part about being expensive shows you clearly have not much experience in online games balance..

5 hours ago, VonDodo said:

Missing the point.

If even a single player has access to something that ruin games for Others you have to change it.

Those mods on other weapons don t make the same results so the offender is clearly the boltace...

The part about being expensive shows you clearly have not much experience in online games balance..

I never even mentioned how "expensive" anything is.  At all.  Maybe you should actually read my post.
The entire reason I mentioned the rare mods was to point out that it takes 3 end game mods to deal with non-end game enemies!
If anything you should expect a weapon outfitted with 3 end game mods to be able to do more than it currently does....

I was pointing out that it takes 2 primed mods and an acolyte mod to handle level 30 to 60 enemies.
There are a lot of other melee weapons that can easily handle those enemies without primed mods or acolyte mods.

If a weapon that requires two primed mods and an acolyte mod to deal with starchart level enemies is "OP" then how OP is the base Galatine which can kill level 60 enemies faster than the Telos Boltace without any primed mods or acolyte mods?

The only reason I brought up those rare mods was that without those incredibly powerful and rare mods the Telos Boltace simply isn't that strong.

If I put those same mods that I mentioned onto other melee weapons I promise you that I can out-damage and out-kill the Telos Boltace.  Especially when you consider that the combo multiplier doesn't affect the Telos Boltace spin attack wave.

I have repeatedly beaten a person who relied on the spin attack of the telos boltace with a Galatine, base not primed, with Primed Reach, and Primed Pressure point.  Even without Body Count or Blood Rush.
If I include those then I can beat it even easier.
I mean hek, with just non-primed mods and body count once I get a 2.5x or higher damage multiplier there is no way that a spin attacking boltace is going to keep up with the damage or kills that I'll be putting out.

What I was pointing out in my post hat you completely ignored to harp on that I was merely saying "The mods are rare so its balanced!" which is so obtuse as to be asinine, is that there are weapons that can outdo the telos boltace in kills and damage without needing primed mods.
And that if you include the option to use Primed Mods and Acolyte Mods on other melee weapons you can thoroughly beat out the Telos Boltace in damage and kills when it stops being able to quickly or easily kill things after 15 minutes of a starchart survival.
Especially when you consider that anything and everything (including dead bodies) can block its spin attack.

The simple fact of the matter is that unless you are playing on very low levels where everything is OP then the Telos Boltace quickly falls behind.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Many things are worthless and many things are way overpowered in Warframe, but dont forget, Warframe is a PVE game. Other ppl using op weapons dont put you at a disadvantage or ruin your gaming experience, at least not to a certain extent. Please, let people use what they want, let people have their fun. If a weapon is op and you find it boring to use, DONT use it. 

22 hours ago, VonDodo said:

Missing the point.

A guy with the required mods to max TBoltace could wipe out entire rooms in Alerts using whatever random weapon, you know.

I've bought TBoltace a few days ago and without all these primed/acolyte mods, it is perfect to destroy caches and it's a rather good weapon. But not as good at clearing room as my Simulor, Ignis, Tonkor or even Amprex.

On 10/13/2016 at 10:10 PM, Obviousclone said:

man remember all those posts on the forums of people not wanting telos boltace to be a thing because it was too "predictable" and too "arbiters of boltor"?

I remember, and frankly I stand by that notion.

Yes, it's strong.  So strong that when you use it, you aren't really going to capture that effect with any other melee weapon.

That doesn't take away from it being too a too predictable, arbiters of boltor type weapon, nor does it take away from it being kind of a stupid looking weapon with a relatively terrible stance(outside of the slide attack).

I'd love to get this kind of effect out of something that isn't boltors on a stick with spikes hanging off of them.

As far as OP....eh, I dunno.  I carry it when I want to enjoy the effect, and it is powerful, but for the purposes I use melee for I tend to prefer weapons with bigger initial hits or the ability to build into red crit range to take down genuine threats.  Clearing rooms full of chargers or crewmen isn't really something I gear specifically toward unless I'm going fast anyway.

The times I take this thinga are the same times I take the ignis.  When I want every  lowish enemy and crate to be simultaneously destroyed so that I can just run through sucking everything up.