Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist Ammo Capacity is Broken (even more embarrassing after the recent bundle)

owendawgx

100 in magazine, 210 in total ammo

With augment magazine capacity goes to 300, meaning you don't even get a full magazine when you reload.

This makes the augment 100% useless and has been this way since it was released, please fix it. 

Edited by owendawgx

4 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

To me, almost everything about the Embolist is broken.

Ammo consumption, Ammo pool, damage, range, Syndicate mod...

Too bad, I liked the concept.

lol, it's the best corpus killing pistol. all of these are meaningless, especially with primed AM or carrier. plus you get energy back and viral dmg with the augment

I mod for pure toxin, and use primed AM, longer range mod, syndicate mod and the 3 start mods. aim for the head and be amazed  

as for the OP, do you mean that with the augment on, and when you start the mission when you're not the host, you'll get 100 magazine as start and not 300? this bug was there for 2 months and they fixed it. I'm playing embolist daily and there's nothing wrong 

11 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

lol, it's the best corpus killing pistol. all of these are meaningless, especially with primed AM or carrier. plus you get energy back and viral dmg with the augment

I mod for pure toxin, and use primed AM, longer range mod, syndicate mod and the 3 start mods. aim for the head and be amazed  

as for the OP, do you mean that with the augment on, and when you start the mission when you're not the host, you'll get 100 magazine as start and not 300? this bug was there for 2 months and they fixed it. I'm playing embolist daily and there's nothing wrong 

I think what they mean is that the Embolist has 300 in the mag, but you only have 210 spare ammo, meaning that is impossible to reload the entire magazine in a single reload

22 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Would you say it is better than the Acrid for Corpus? Acrid is amazing versus corpus.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Would you say it is better than the Acrid for Corpus? Acrid is amazing versus corpus.

well, it's a held beam weapon (my type), I never tried the acrid (since it looks terrible, not that the embolist is good looking) personally. it's just that ever since I used it like 2 years ago I fell for it (ew, right? XD) 

but both are toxin based, so both are good. again, never used acrid 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Embolist is way less effective at Killing Enemies (and practicality for long Missions) than Acrid, but has an Energy/Viral Explosion, i guess.

Edited by taiiat

On 10/14/2016 at 10:12 PM, Xekrin said:

The problem is the syndicate mod increases mag capacity without increasing maximum capacity.  It is noted on the wikia so explaining it again is pointless.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Eroding_Blight

You can  reload when you get to two hundred in your gas sack to reach to 300.

It's only a problem if you never reload and spend all the gas in one go.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

On 10/15/2016 at 8:44 AM, owendawgx said:

With augment magazine capacity goes to 300, meaning you don't even get a full magazine when you reload.

This makes the augment 100% useless and has been this way since it was released, please fix it. 

with 100 in mag, 210 in total.

At start of game, u reload ur weapon w the argument to 300 in mag, 10 in total.

Allowing u to carry additional ammo before combat.

Edited by low1991

On 10/15/2016 at 9:56 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

You can  reload when you get to two hundred in your gas sack to reach to 300.

It's only a problem if you never reload and spend all the gas in one go.

Yes but what's the point of a magazine increasing augment if you aren't even going to use the full magazine increase?

It's laughable.

Why not just make the augment's bonus be innate ammo regen, instead of a magsize increase? Sure, it'd be a bandaid mod, but it would fix pretty much everything that is wrong with it (except the abysmal range of course, that would need a seperate baseline fix).

On 10/14/2016 at 8:44 PM, owendawgx said:

100% useless. LOL. That's such a terrible exaggeration. It, at the very least, buffs the magazine size from 100. The augment serves as 110% boost to most users. Also, reloading before the magazine is empty is just as much of an option as foolishly letting it run out, then deciding to complain about it. The 300 magazine makes the Embolist a reload-when-you're-ready weapon, from my experience. Either keep your mag topped off with ammo, or use it up to sustain your damage for a longer amount of time. Also, need I mention the blight effect?

I'm not trying to say that the Embolist is a good or bad weapon. (I need to test it more.) I'm just pointing out how wrong you are.