The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

Its not as if it has high status, a blind, a ranged projectile, or a good elemental base damage...

Oh, wait...

you think that this alone makes a status weapon viable late game ? the weapons charge attack is slow even with good attack speed and the pool doesnt last long, the direct dmg is okay but nothing that rivals a primary rifle, launcher or sniper, and if u used it for only the melee attacks then lesion beats it straight up even without the corrosive base dmg, also if u execute a "blinded" enemy the others already recovered so its not rly too useful dmg wise, it offers some CC but as the pool is narrow and not affected by range mod it has its limit, vs infested it works, vs other factions which have ranged attacks not so well

the only thing that REALLY got this weapon going was the slash procc, u can still use it on a stealth build but redeemer is better there too cause dps

the weapon was good and fun, it isnt much fun anymore when the one special thing about it is much less effective...u really feel a huge dmg falloff even on low lvl enemies around 40-50, and gas dmg is no substitute, toxin proccs aint no slash proccs

if they wanted to balance it out they shouldve given the slash procc an independant procc chance thats influenced by mods status chance, so that ure forced to mod for status chance and leave some base dmg behind which would reduce the silly shlash procc dmg by quite a bit but still keep it useful and strong

nova's molecular prime was originally bugged too...speed nova was unintentional and is way more game breaking than the caustacyst with 100% slash procc

greetings

Edited by Xydeth

I must have pleased RNGesus or something...was doing apolloduras with a pacify equinox (FUN AS HELL) and got cleaving whirlwind, seismic palm and another gold stance all within an hour lol...too bad i have them all already ....just seems odd is all, ive never gotten THAT lucky...especially all the runs of apolloduras i do to murder infested as a past time

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed the unintended Slash Status chance on the Caustacyst projectile. It now deals purely Corrosive damage as intended (not a Slash weapon) and the 3x damage multiplier from the charged attack remains the same.

and so the "greatest new weapon" has fallen from its grace...eh...well its not that bad, but man i can see people being sad about it. That slash proc was too damn good to last.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed broken rendering when running DirectX 9 on older AMD GPUs.

THANK YOU DE! THANK YOU!

this fixed nothing.. cant find any conclave game at all even if i wait for players there is none joining it used to be more simple and atleast a game up at all time idc about the whole dedicated servers thing but at least you should know that this is ruinning conclave for some players.

7 minutes ago, ryuxx said:

this fixed nothing.. cant find any conclave game at all even if i wait for players there is none joining it used to be more simple and atleast a game up at all time idc about the whole dedicated servers thing but at least you should know that this is ruinning conclave for some players.

Have you switched your group to public?

Have you tried changing the server?

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

Changes

• Archwing Part Blueprints (i.e Itzal Harness, etc.) are no longer tradable. 
  •  

Why?

the general players already dont like this thing, why make it more bothersome for them?

I hope this doesnt mean A-wing weapons cause you just dumped a bunch of weapon parts through all the syndicates which means that people cant built a weapon without trading.

Please, still remembering you to consider reworking the awful snipe mode. It's useless and quite "hard" to play a snipe mode in this kind of game with so fast action.

Consider to REWORK SNIPE RIFLES in order to make them usable in all circumstances as for example, making them to be similar to latron, grinlok....maybe with less fire rate and more damage, but please......without scope and more dinamic.

Edited by Raddet

2 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

Have you switched your group to public?

Have you tried changing the server?

yes i did try everything (in all the servers) i was matched once with two players i couldnt find any other game since that lol i am not the only one having this issue and it all started with the index update ll add that i have around (80ms for eu servers) only lunaro works atm at finding games others just put me in an empty server (they dont give me the choice to cancel it , it sends me in the servers right when i click on one of the modes)

So a weapon with different/interesting mechanics that are not in the current meta, acts good because one feature was unintended made it a competitive weapon, with really unusual builds and styles, and got praise by the community (somewhat) for being unique. well best remove that feature people seem to like that was completely unintentional and was not caught by testers (if you have any).

ok keep it calm maybe it can still be a good weapon goes into sedna spy mission as loki.

hits first enemy with charge attack while invisible..... 1337 damage (not joking) to a lv35 butcher... doesn't kill it....

/rant start/

why was it left unfixed for 4 patches since release if you knew it was unintended. 

cause now it can't kill anything

it does 1000 damage on charge attack to lv30's

on a stealth attack

channeling with maked killing blow

also the sludge no longer procs finishers and only does 10-30 damage

it was literally only one of 2 melee weapons that don't need combo or red-crit to be good, so lets nerf it

cause the other one has a 24m death wave and is mr 8

and this one has interesting mechanics and has a modding scheme that really different from the meta of builds on weapons, which i assume was something you guys wanted to see considering how you want to eliminate mandatory mods on each weapon. (or at least talk about it).

why was this done.... and don't say it was overpowered, the telos boltace can do the same thing with it's slash procs... so why do you remove that ability from a weaker weapon.

/rant end/

seriously though it seems every time something new with an interesting mechanic that breaks up the monotony of certain things and offers a play-style not currently in the meta it will be nerfed into the ground because it was "not intended" to work like that....*sigh* oh well i guess it will remain largely unused in my inventory with a growing pile of unique and almost useless weapons.

51 minutes ago, Cipher-Fox said:

So a weapon with different/interesting mechanics that are not in the current meta, acts good because one feature was unintended made it a competitive weapon, with really unusual builds and styles, and got praise by the community (somewhat) for being unique. well best remove that feature people seem to like that was completely [............................................]*sigh* oh well i guess it will remain largely unused in my inventory with a growing pile of unique and almost useless weapons.

the weapon is usable in lower lvl up to medium lvl content, cant confirm ur low dmg numbers, maybe ur build was off but mine hits around 7k on lv 55 infested without stealth but a crit, ~1.3k base 3x multiplier on charge + multiplier from crit

but thats just lv 55....the higher the lvl the more useless the weapon especially vs high armored targets because they care S#&$ about 7k dmg, slash is so good because of armor ignore and thats actually the one big point that got it going for late game, the base dmg was only indirectly a thing to increase the slash procc dmg, so it must be ur build, because that dmg on charge attack of urs is the base dmg per regular swing on mine for instance

BUT i agree on the rest, commented pretty much the same...interesting weapon is released, everyone in the community finds it nice afaik but hey, lets remove one big part of its uniqueness

dont wanna sound like a crybaby but lately most weapons are MR fodder and this one is borderline that right now, for late game content is definetley is because charge attack dps is too low and for regular swings lesion is totally the supreme status weapon especially with its unique passive

greetings

A lot of people are overreacting about this balancing, items get reworked & fixed all the time and I'm glad a generic non-prime weapon is no longer the best at finishers, crowd control, DPS, & status all at the same time while getting free lifesteal.
The only thing it lost was having the highest DPS & free lifesteal.

Everything else is still as before.

Mag specter polarized fixed wut in index, she still  hang herself up when casting polarize lmao, and somehow her crush and polarize still affects allied unit in little amount. Also can the specter allies in index given something else to use other than the corpus weapons they currently have? it becomes, S#&$ty, after a few min run on endurance. Not to mention enemies have raptors, bursa, hyena, zanuka, moas with supra, glaxion, amprex head, sonicor enemies which can rekt you quick.

On 10/25/2016 at 10:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Dedicated Server Changes & Fixes

• Improved Dedicated Server matchmaking! This should also help alleviate players being put into empty Dedicated Server sessions. 

False false false alarm: It works correctly for one match and then fails to function (hosts --- useless hollow shells! - Jordas --- ) for the rest of the day.

I wait in a lobby, nobody arrives.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Correction 2.