The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #82!

[DE]Rebecca

Any plans on fixing these REALLY ON-GOING BUGS!?

Alot of the bugs are changes you guys stated that are just...not implemented....if not, added more bugs and glitches. 

Some bugs and glitches here:

Spoiler

-Dok Thul not using his abilities ( rathuum 4)

-Zura not using her melee

-Garesh having grapple hook ) rathuum 4 )

-loads other stuff like Guardmen deal ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE.

- first grineer sugatra spazzing glitch

- Corpus Elite crewmen not being able to be shreded in pieces...I MEAN, WHY.

- Grineer Executioners having inaccurate stats ( health, shield, abilities above ) in SIMULACRUM

- Drahks having a REALLY HARD time hitting you...comparing them to Kavats...they really don't do much except for the rare charge knockdowns...

- Some syandanas clip through CHroma.

- etc,,,

Edited by SprinKah

should oxium, and research-related resources (e.g. detonite ampule / detonite injector, fieldron sample / fieldron, mutagen sample / mutagen mass) have their own resource forms? they're still in "resource cakes" form XD

and should they also have their own resource containers? (e.g. robotics lockbox contains control module)

for oxium, may i suggest that oxium should be oxium formation?

Any plans on adding more Executioners and Brokers in Rathuum and Index? WE NEED MORE OF THEM YES!

(also bug fixes for them, Dok Thul using Dhurnam abilities, Zura not having her melee out, etc....)

Also...would love to see those guys running around missions fighting you and stuff, would be a lovely addition to the game, more challenging!

What is the news on Arcane Distillers? Is it coming with or before the War Within.

When will sorties be given a look at? Their rewards are not terrible at the moment, but there "end game" difficulty doesn't exist. Will there be a change in MR lock as well? MR4 is too low. 

Any mention of new stances coming or reworking old ones (sundering weave). I understand Geoff has his hands full with the update at the moment.

Hey DE, I was wondering what the naming process is behind characters such as the new ones in the Index. Reason being is my nickname for short is Zahn and well, we have Derim Zahn.

I know this is asking for a lot, but it's worth a shot. I was wondering if I could obtain some Derim Zahn specters or something along those lines for that fact.

Now for a few more questions I had before that came up.

Tyl Regor has become one of my favourite bosses since his rework, yet after his rework we have never seen his face without a mask. I have two questions. One, will we have more Tyl Regor in the future or is he considered dead after Natah? Second, any chance at seeing his face without a mask?

Lastly.

I recently got into the Gunblades and one dissapointment with it is how stationary you are using it, obviously reworking that would take a lot but in short, I'm mostly dissapointed there's no aerial shooting. Could we perhaps get some of that? I talked about it once before and someone mentioned how it's a shame you can't throw glaives mid-air either. So that too if possible.

Just now, Zahnny said:

Hey DE, I was wondering what the naming process is behind characters such as the new ones in the Index. Reason being is my nickname for short is Zahn and well, we have Derim Zahn.

I know this is asking for a lot, but it's worth a shot. I was wondering if I could obtain some Derim Zahn specters or something along those lines for that fact.

Now for a few more questions I had before that came up.

Tyl Regor has become one of my favourite bosses since his rework, yet after his rework we have never seen his face without a mask. I have two questions. One, will we have more Tyl Regor in the future or is he considered dead after Natah? Second, any chance at seeing his face without a mask?

Lastly.

I recently got into the Gunblades and one dissapointment with it is how stationary you are using it, obviously reworking that would take a lot but in short, I'm mostly dissapointed there's no aerial shooting. Could we perhaps get some of that? I talked about it once before and someone mentioned how it's a shame you can't throw glaives mid-air either. So that too if possible.

I don't think you'll be able to get enemies as specters.

also...I don't think they'll even show Tyl Regor's face...that's actually a...special detail of his character.

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Previously Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, recently addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels? Can it even be anything but a drop in the bucket in comparison to simply holding thousands of instances of mods?

Things mentioned in a previous stream, but no changes yet seen:

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

Hide contents

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons and especially other launchers?

Hide contents

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor is an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players (with appropriate effective health mods) are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

- Why did you guys decide to make...Custom Mission maker exclusive to Clan warlords only...

Alot of us want to be able to play around with it freely and by our own will, our own preferences...

Also....how about a sort of non-lore-related fun room like...Totally-Legit Battle SImulator? I want to see battles between Grineer and Corpus more often

Speaking of Grineer vs Corpus

ANy plans on adding future content relating to Grineer vs Corpus? I want to see them FIGHT.... maybe occasional Grineer raids on Corpus ships and Corpus alike?

Can we see the Grineer breaching pods corpus tilesets that appear in Archwing quest? That was very...Immersive. 

Edited by SprinKah

@EDYinnit Great post and questions. I especially agree with wasted forma due to balance changes. I have wasted a great deal of forma changing frames polarities due to revamps of the frames, or how their abilities work. I would love to see something more friendly implemented. Or at least to allow a free change of polarization when they decide to rework a frame, weapon or mod.

Edited by Skaleek

Hi,

Can we have Anubis helmet Inaros noggle please?

Can we have a fourth extractor for MR20+ people please?

I understand that Excal is a melee frame and you want us to get closer to enemies to use EB. But can you please revert that 'damage reduction per enemy hit by EB'?(i know you won't coz you want us to play nerffra..errr.. warframe in the way you want. No player freedom where a player can play excal as a turret, etc.) Stopped maining the poster boy coz of this unwanted nerf. Not that i can play him with other builds, but only coz this pissed me off and killed my passion for playing him. Only reason I am playing now is coz i have invested much time and money in this game.  Won't buy plats everrrr now.

Also, can we have quest replayability as most players want the cronus and ether daggers back to complete the codex entries (or please at least make them alert rewards).

Do you plan to increase the endo rewards on alerts and endless rotations?

Can we have a useful primary now (too much melee MR fodder, and please no garbage tier/MR fodder primaries, [looking at you, stradavar])?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I don't think you'll be able to get enemies as specters.

also...I don't think they'll even show Tyl Regor's face...that's actually a...special detail of his character.

Well, syndicate specters and the Synoid Heliocor has provided proof that most if not all enemies could become specters. Plus there's only 2 of those syndicate specters that are actually good and that's the Ancient and Osprey specters.

Spoiler

Roller Death Squad...Roller...Death Squad...No offence but who thought that was a good idea?

Just now, Skaleek said:

@EDYinnit Great post and questions. I especially agree with wasted forma due to balance changes to mods. I have wasted a great deal of forma changing frames polarities due to revamps of the frames, or how their abilities work.

You can see how long I've been pushing for most of these things to be addressed from how old the posts that I've linked in as suggestions for potential fixes are. That's the saddest thing.

Even the ones that were tangentially acknowledged haven't actually been addressed, hence the items under blue-heading...

1 minute ago, EDYinnit said:

You can see how long I've been pushing for most of these things to be addressed from how old the posts that I've linked in as suggestions for potential fixes are. That's the saddest thing.

Even the ones that were tangentially acknowledged haven't actually been addressed, hence the items under blue-heading...

I've been there, believe me. I understand your pain all too well.

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Well, syndicate specters and the Synoid Heliocor has provided proof that most if not all enemies could become specters. Plus there's only 2 of those syndicate specters that are actually good and that's the Ancient and Osprey specters.

Hide contents

Roller Death Squad...Roller...Death Squad...No offence but who thought that was a good idea?

I know...but they are just mere....sorta non-sentient enemies...it would be kinda #*($%%@ up to see specters of real sentient beings...like how do I explain this...

Chargers are dead people

Anscient are infested

Corrupted Lancers are well...corrupted

Moas are robots

Rollers are robots

Ospreys are robots.

I dunno...

1 minute ago, SprinKah said:

I know...but they are just mere....sorta non-sentient enemies...it would be kinda #*($%%@ up to see specters of real sentient beings...like how do I explain this...

Chargers are dead people

Anscient are infested

Corrupted Lancers are well...corrupted

Moas are robots

Rollers are robots

Ospreys are robots.

I dunno...

Clem?