The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You better be joking about friendly fire

ShiraHagane

well I remember when I was a new tenno I thought there was friendly fire and would stop from shooting when one of the other players got in front of my sight. This happened until a couple of missions when I shot one and realized that there was no friendly fire and shot normal.

I see no issue with this addition. 

You are told beforehand what the modifiers are. You have the option to select weapons that don't have AoE damage. You have recruitment chat to find people with a sufficient amount of brain cells to realize that they'll need to be careful and there's always the option to play with friends or solo.

I wouldn't say it's forcing solo play, it's heavily promoting squad communication. And it's hella fun if you're playing with friends who can take a joke.

I can assure you that having this is a really bad idea from experience in World of Warships, by allowing friendly fire you open the door for trolls, it's a nightmare to police and no fun if your on a team that is seriously trying to play the game and some idiot decides he is going to have a fun time killing his own team mates, just say'n.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:08 PM, AM-Bunny said:

EDIT: Oh never mind. I see it now. Friendly fire is a new Nightmare modifier. I don't really see any problems with that, it's supposed to offer new kinds of challenges.

challenges that are possible withing the walls of this game.

This game is not build around friendly fire being a thing. half of the mission you run in small halls that dont really help this.

What i see here is use Launcher Mission type, fire for a safe distance and blow up a lot.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:13 PM, eminiclam said:

the real challenge will be to join a group with an average IQ.

Yeah, this would be ok for clans and friends but pugging is going to be hell.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:13 PM, ------ArtOfViolence----- said:

QQ Awww let's make a pre-emptive post on the forums about it before trying a mission with it.  You'd be the first person I purposely head shot though.

What would they do to make it playable? Only 50% damage from ff? What example makes ff a good idea?

On 10/27/2016 at 5:15 PM, NyxCrab said:

Just do it friends only or solo. Easy.

That doesnt work with everyone. Not everyone has enough stuff to solo some times.

On 10/28/2016 at 0:27 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If you die, that frame is erased permanently with all gear carried into the mission and must all be re-acquired.

So it's Chinaframe?

On 10/28/2016 at 1:14 PM, Misgenesis said:

Are there no downsides to killing teammates? They should introduce negative affinity like revives have.

I agree there should be a penalty for friendly fire but it wouldn't be anything that carries outside the mission so moot point. Maybe a damage penalty after the first misfire. I can imagine the growing frustration of gradually having your elite super gun becoming a pea shooter.

But for now people will either play by the rules or don't. I remember playing Left4Dead on the hardest difficulty. You'd either have a tense but enjoyable game of four survivors carefully inching towards the safe room....or you'd have the one guy that double taps everyone at the beginning with the shotgun.

have not read all comments, but it executed kinda well, powers like ash bladestorm, mesa peacemaker does not kill teamates, radiation proc would.

as for trolls, it depends if squad want to finish mission or just kill each other, been in few runs, was not so bad. sometimes a simple modifier maybe could make ur day, or provide some fun, but if u constanly geting trolled in these runs, then just avoid them. no need for theory crafting how to fix it or prevent.

Can't the game have a darkside ^^ D:? Play at ur own risk.