Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris prime mastery rank

(PSN)xxbestestkillerz

Question

I think it should stay where it is because of how powerful it is. It just wouldn't make sense for such a strong weapon to be easy to get.

Keep in mind that if you REALLY want it but aren't Mr 13 you could always buy the prime access as that bypasses the mastery requirement.

I believe it was suggested that many 'higher tiered' items would be getting mastery ranking reworks to be more in line with what players and the devs see their power as. The devstream about the subject suggested an example of Boltor prime for example becoming Mastery rank 15. I would assume the mastery rank requirements on the Nekros prime offerings to be representative of this path going forward.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

I believe it was suggested that many 'higher tiered' items would be getting mastery ranking reworks to be more in line with what players and the devs see their power as. The devstream about the subject suggested an example of Boltor prime for example becoming Mastery rank 15. I would assume the mastery rank requirements on the Nekros prime offerings to be representative of this path going forward.

yeah I would like that as well, making stronger weapons higher rank, provided they don't fall into the trap of making all the earlier/lower tier weapons near worthless when compared to the later ones

you're supposed to put effort in if you want the stronger weapons, and thankfully that's the case for the Tigris and Galatine primes. they're well worth it though, just keep building and levelling weapons and you'll get there eventually. double affinity this weekend so there's literally no better time to grind out some MR. I'm even slogging through Archwing to get some stuff levelled because it's far easier with the boost.

I think Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime should definitely stay locked at Mastery Rank 13 (maybe increase it even higher) as they worth the effort imo. If you want more powerful gear, you gotta put some effort in it :P

Edited by Serbian2G

1 hour ago, lolkins1122 said:

Its fine as it is. But IMO mastery requirement should never be higher than 15 for any weapon. If some weapon was like mastery 20 it would look like unachievable goal for newer players.

how so, mastery of a breeze anyway. All MR is how much resources and credits you can farm. When I was low MR first thing I did was build my way to Mr 5, farmed hydroid, bought his augment for 10p, farmed some vault runs and got my corrupt mods, and then used max efficiency pilfering hydroid through most my missions. High MR should be encouraged to not trick people into thinking "I'm at MR X and there is no reason to proceed" even though you get mod slots, trades, extractors, arsenal slots.

2 hours ago, lolkins1122 said:

Its fine as it is. But IMO mastery requirement should never be higher than 15 for any weapon. If some weapon was like mastery 20 it would look like unachievable goal for newer players.

The maximum Mastery Rank is 30, not yet achievable, but there it is.

40 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

how so, mastery of a breeze anyway. All MR is how much resources and credits you can farm. When I was low MR first thing I did was build my way to Mr 5, farmed hydroid, bought his augment for 10p, farmed some vault runs and got my corrupt mods, and then used max efficiency pilfering hydroid through most my missions. High MR should be encouraged to not trick people into thinking "I'm at MR X and there is no reason to proceed" even though you get mod slots, trades, extractors, arsenal slots.

So you would get tigris prime, simulor, tonkor or something at rank 30? Then weapons like hek, soma would be mr15.

You want people to level tons of bad weapons just to get decent weapon to do maybe lvl 40 missions?

I like it having a higher mastery rank, it gives mastery rank a purpose, adds a sense of progression, and it prevents new players from starting the game, buying the best weapons - therefore making all the other weapons pointless to acquire. It was a huge problem a while ago when everybody ran around with boltor primes and Rhino prime after just starting the game..

I dont think it should be too high either though, because I have been playing since launch, but only built weapons that interested me, and that I wanted to use. As a result my mastery rank is only about 17 from natural progression, as opposed to grinding up and levelling weapons just for mastery rank.

I dont feel that people should feel forced to buy and level up weapons excessively to progress, in a system that charges for weapon slots.  It should feel a natrual progress, with a choice to grind further for optional benefits.

I do like having higher tier weapons reserved for players of higher rank though, they just need to be careful not to have stuff locked too high. Things locked at MR 18 or more would seem an impossible mountain for new players and make it seem "pay to win" unless reasonable alternatives are available (which in Tigris Primes/Galatine Primes case there currently are).