Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

On 1/7/2017 at 6:50 AM, ragingdeamon said:

No, having her song affect the abilities was something they wanted to do. 

as for the OP, I think that the concept is fine, and I don't really understand what is wrong with Vauban. Could you say that Ember's 3 and 4 is "Ember slams the ground with her fist and S#&$ happens?" It's the S#&$ that happens that defines the ability, not the animation attached to it.

I'll re clarify.  when the bardframe was first even mentioned they had seemingly made it very clear that your song was to simply be a seperate way to distinguish yourself amongst other players.  it was to have no impact on your abilities.  and this dev stream is saying that our song will impact our abilities.  which contradicts what they originally were setting out to do.

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I'll re clarify.  when the bardframe was first even mentioned they had seemingly made it very clear that your song was to simply be a seperate way to distinguish yourself amongst other players.  it was to have no impact on your abilities.  and this dev stream is saying that our song will impact our abilities.  which contradicts what they originally were setting out to do.

Not really, since day 1 they revealed the bard frame, they said that they wanted to integrate the step sequencer into his skill set.

Edited by Midrib

Here's how her 4 should be:

She activates ult and spawns 4 Exalted items. One boosts Damage on weapons, one boosts Defense, one boosts Power, the last boosts Health and Shield Regen. Or maybe boost Status effect or elemental effect or whatever. Basically each item gives different buffs. The items are also unique looking so you know which is which. Each item can be carried by one person in the team.  You just press X and the item is attached to you until the timer runs out. You can do your normal thing while having these items attached to you. Each item gives the buff to everyone within its range so you shouldn't run off with it. The more people carry the item, the more Bard gets bigger boost. So, the Bard gets more powerful when there are more people using her items in the team. Yes, the idea is that the Bard's ult is forming a band. Maybe one of the items would change your melee into an exalted fighting stick where the charge attack is a sonic blast. Yes, it's a microphone and a stand. Or an axe guitar.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Defy1ng_Gr4vity said:

I'll reserve judgement until we actually see the frame. I guarantee you all will be singing a different tune (haha) when she drops.

We probably will. But for the hundredth time and even on the devs request, let them KNOW what we think before everything is finalized.

]\'[

I'm not a fan of deployables either. They are typically only good for defense styled missions, and stationary play. I much prefer a mobility styled kit with support options and a weapon damage focus style frames as they tend to be a lot more workable in multiple game modes.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:19 AM, TaylorsContraction said:

I'll chime in to op's request,  +1. Vauban is the only warframe I don't like in this game. He's  a fire and forget brain dead gameplay. Boring and makes the game boring too.  Please don't base anything on this warframe.

Vauban is my favorite and far from boring, I have 14 frames and I enjoy him the most. I guess hes not a weeaboo ninja like some of the others and requires a little more tactical control. I can see how most players in this game dont like that as any mission taking longer than 40 seconds is a chore.

While having deployables might help creating an orchestra-like setup, I don't find myself attracted to it all that much. It could work, but I wouldn't find myself liking it overmuch.

A way to work it would be like 'auras'; you can deploy X number of 'songs' at a time and each have a range, giving a bonus/penalty/effect to all allies/enemies within that range, freeing you up to do things with your weapons. Whether those auras are placed on the frame itself or another location could change some things, but not too much. Such a setup would allow for a Bardframe to setup their own orchestra and have their music bit loop through each and every one of their auras creating either a harmonious song... or a cacophony of noise that'll make us scream for it to please, for the love of God, make it stop. Advantages would be an emphasis on gunplay over power-spamming, disadvantages would be how 'disconnected' it would feel -kinda like playing CoD or Battlefield, just with you putting some buffs here and there. If you've played Monk from Dungeon Defenders, you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Personally, I'd like more 'active' abilities, with long-duration effects. Duration has often been the one aspect of warframes we all dump (we even have 2 Corrupted mods to cut duration!) preferring to depend on 'instant' or 'non-duration affected' abilities (i.e. Slash Dash and Iron Skin). The Bardframe could have a very unique mechanic or two. Its abilities could, for example, have an instant effect when cast and a long-duration effect afterwards. It could have effects that build up before the ability 'climaxes' (you dirty minded you) and then wanes again. You could have an ability that once activated, can be activated again (inside a duration of course) to 'controllably climax' its effects (sort of, you can have a small health regen over 30 seconds, but can cast again inside those thirty seconds to blast a quick heal). Since abilities are going to be affected by Tempo (how fast the beats of the song are placed), this could effectively mean 'shorter duration with quicker procs or longer duration with slower procs' without even modding, giving us even more precise control over our abilities.

Either way, I doubt Bardframe would be a direct-damage or solo frame, more of a 'force multiplier' rather than a force unto itself. A way to consolidate all those niceteam buffs (Roar, Warcry, Speed, what have you) into one, nice, ordered package that a team will be able to use regardless of mission type. A way to change 1+1+1+1=4 into a 3+1=5 if you will.

I'd like to give a general outline of what I would think would make a good kit, I'll keep it rough, since there is no point in going into too much detail for now:

Passive - Sound Surfing:

• Whenever you change your song, bardframe will "surf" (like Lucio from Overwatch) for a few seconds
    • Loosing friction, gaining speed, giving less speed to your teammates
    • Hovering over the ground and dodging ground-based AoEs like Sappling Ospreys or knockback shockwaves
    • Being able to run alongside walls like being in a halfpipe, not losing speed when colliding with a wall, but using it to turn in the desired direction

Quiver - Songs

• 4 different songs that can be quickly cycled through, by using a super helpful new UI element that has yet to be designed
    • One song to boost damage
    • One song to control enemies
    • One song to regenerate (reactive)
    • One song to mitigate damage (proactive)

Deployable - Boombox

• Can be stuck to a surface, enemy or ally, creating a second, smaller AoE in which allies and enemies are affected by the songs

Stacking - Songs

• The last 3 (or 2) active songs are stored and based on which songs are stacked, an effect will be activated
    • For example, a hitcombo, if offensive songs are stacked
    • Or a shockwave spiraling outwards that destroyes projectiles, if the proactive song is stacked

Ult - No clue

• Haven't thought about this one yet.

11 hours ago, MadMattProulx said:

Vauban is my favorite and far from boring, I have 14 frames and I enjoy him the most. I guess hes not a weeaboo ninja like some of the others and requires a little more tactical control. I can see how most players in this game dont like that as any mission taking longer than 40 seconds is a chore.

Its not that man, even look at the title, we don't want ALL abilities deploy-able because:

A: we don't want a 'copy' of Vauban.

B: A bard needs to be more mobile that the strategist.

]\'[

21 hours ago, MadMattProulx said:

hahaha nailed it. love vauban love the changes. still working as intended 2017

On 06/01/2017 at 10:26 PM, VoidWraith said:

I don't mind Vauban's gameplay style, seeing as how his powers are and his theme is.
The bard frame though... I'm not sure how I feel about it until it comes out and I play around with it.

just have to wait and see how soundwa.....bard.frame plays out.

giphy.gif

My main issue with adding more deployable powers is that it makes Bardette(for lack of a better term) stationary. NIdus is currently our most grounded frame, with two of his abilities keeping him close to one spot due to investment. 

My slightly smaller qualm is that deployables don't really make sense. For an engineer type frame, who has CC up his A******, a deployable grenade makes sense. For a composer/virtuoso, not so much. Besides, its gonna lack oomph when you cast abilities. I wanna dance when I press 3, feel like I'm playing a space-violin when I press 4(I'd also settle for some bongos or the lute, but space-violin sounds awesome, eh?) I don't wanna just toss down the red speaker and have the bass of my song blasting, because there is absolutely no flair in that.

What do you guys think? Has anything been said about whether or not Bard will be able to have a different song depending on her customization configuration? I for one think I'd be pretty cool, having a different color scheme for each different song. 

46 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Would be nice to save sequencer 'loadouts'. I'd be surprised if the option wasn't available at some point, if not on release.

Then you just switch em with colour setups and it's aces.

I would hope that it will be an option to have her energy color change every time she uses a power to a set preset. That would be really cool

Hi I'm writing because today I saw the dev stream and you guys were talking about looking for a way to make the music for the bard warframe not to loop in a annoying way. I just have an idea that can help, Why don't give a entire music wheel for every ability that the frame has so you can make longer and interesting music combinations. Here is a example I made.

MZozCNs.jpg

Edited by Neosayayin

The idea too make a song is a choose which sounds of the sections beeing played for each ability. cant be longer than 1 second By having many tunes you can when repetative Loop the End of song and the start of the song. having the sections 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 as in placed in the dev stream. By adding tunes of the song for each ability the character may seem hard too imagine. 

Aswell as we had lucio from overwatch this seems too be a warframe beeing able too controll the atomic waves from music having some cool pictures of how some ability could have looked  Bilderesultat for atomic wave

Each of these behind the same concept of atomic waves that playes of using lights aswell. So power would be having a mass of putting range too decrease enemies accuracy by messing with their ears. Having an ability that makes you increase your movements aswell as glide speed, bullet jump length and slide. Can also benefit yourself and allies in the same place. So booming stun would be a blast of pressure wave stunning the enemy causing enemies too fall back causing damage on the impact of a wall. last but not least we got the ulti. Ulti could be anything and i just like these pictures and the atomic waves :)