Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

Orpheus is a male. It would be confusing.

I prefer "Muse" if we are going into greek mythology. Given what the Warframes are, and what this one can do (inspire the others or its Operator), it would fit perfectly.

One could argue that "Muse" would be too obvious, almost too perfect :). If I had to pick something more original, researched, i'd go for Oni.

Why Oni? Because it's a japanese name for "demons", name that could refer to the Operator hidden within, the frame being a thing supposed to confine the monsters that the Tenno were into something more "tolerable & pleasant".

Also, "Oniric" related to dreams... And "Harm Oni=> Harmony" pun.

/random thoughts.

If the Design Council gets a chance to name her, and I have a feeling we might not, I've been hanging onto Xun.

I've had it saved since we named Nidus.

While it is an actual Chinese name (which appears to be unisex), it's also the name of a Chinese musical instrument (a clay flute). I like the look of it, sound of it, and it starts with an X--an unused letter in 'frame names. Probably the wrong kind of instrument, I know, but I like it.

As for its pronunciation, the best ones I've found (I'm not a native speaker):

• Shuun
  • Shune
  • Suun
  • Sune

Idea I feel that is worth throwing out is, Have the bard frame give energy back as a small portion of damage she deals. Since the only frame that can really give power is Trinity and there hasn't really been any real support frames such as Trinity (maybe Oberon) this passive or ability would be well worth having a look at. I think its been long over due for a support frame along the side of trinity. The bard frame doesn't have to be restrictively support, but more of a support damage dealer. You can argue Titania, Nezha and Ivara are supports in this category, in the list of newer frames but my whole idea is mostly centered around another frame that can give energy.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:10 AM, John89brensen said:

Thou art I, and I am thou... From the sea of thy soul i cometh. I am Orpheus, Master of Srings...

+1 OP

If you play the Female mc in Persona 3 Portable Orpheus is female.

Japan is notorious for giving character's opposite gender names. It's like somekinda meme.

Spoiler

free-es-character-song-04-nagisa.jpg