The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread needs a model upgrade

Deidaku

Not just PBR texutres I mean a new model. Personally I think it looks outdated and too simplistic , even though it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game.  The rest of the stalkers equipment looks dope , espesically the WAr and broken war. And then old dread ruins everything imo.

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Deidaku said:

Not just PBR texutres I mean a new model. Personally I think it looks outdated and too simplistic , even though it's one of the most powerful weapons in the game.  The rest of the stalkers equipment looks dope , espesically the WAr and broken war. And then old dread ruins everything imo.

Thoughts?

Hate needs a make up too, because it honestly looks like a modern pickaxe rather than a scythe.  

Edited by aligatorno

YESSSS !! Im not a fan of the arrow shape too...it just looks like the tail of a kavat. For the bow, im thinking of a compound bow with all the wheels. 

Spoiler

Image result for compound bow futuristic

just make it a bit more tenno-ish and BOOM new dread model....lol im stupid

I suppose it would look 10x more awesome if it looked more like a futuristic tactical bow rather than a basic modern bow.

P.S.

You can use the bow skin from Oberon's deluxe skin package on dread as well(just a fun-fact for those who own it).

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it worked with the Burston, so I don't see why not. always did like edgy looking stuff. how about a version where the limbs are shaped like the Hate's Blade? or a design with Blades on either end of the limbs?

It worked with Burston, because prefer Burston Prime, which remained the same. People hardly use Burston Prime as much as they use Dread. People would surely have complaints, if Dread was remodeled. If it'snot broken, don't try to fix it.

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

You can use the bow skin from Oberon's deluxe skin package on dread as well(just a fun-fact for those who own it).

The only problem with this is that the model doesn't fully work. The Dread is the only bow in the game that doesn't bend when you draw the string back. As a result, the Dryad skin doesn't pull back. The string also doesn't move, for some reason.

Still leaps and bounds beyond the mess that is the Rakta Cernos using it, or the Daikyu turning your bow into a belt with a detached string.

--------------

I find the Dread's model to be perfect how it is. There's a beauty in its simplicity. PBR is about all it really needs.

5 hours ago, GiraffaYandereBeetle said:

There's no need for it to look all edgy if it gets the job done.

Even though I agree with the simplicity part, just remember that it is the Stalker who uses this bow and the guy is like a walking edge himself...

6 hours ago, Chipputer said:

The only problem with this is that the model doesn't fully work. The Dread is the only bow in the game that doesn't bend when you draw the string back. As a result, the Dryad skin doesn't pull back. The string also doesn't move, for some reason.

Still leaps and bounds beyond the mess that is the Rakta Cernos using it, or the Daikyu turning your bow into a belt with a detached string.

Well that's...concerning xD. Also i guess it's cause Dread is a thicker metal than Paris(prime)?... Idk, idk what the idea was when designing these 2 bows but i suppose it's nothing a little animation bug thread won't help i guess. I don't own rakta cernos yet and don't own daikyu anymore so i had no idea that was a thing xD