Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Sorties Changes/Additions Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Sorties were introduced in The Second Dream. They originally launched with seasons with set rewards. Since launch we iterated in several ways, including adding repeatable/non-repeatable rewards and more. Now, we bring you more change!  The Sortie Reward system has undergone some changes for The War Within. Sortie Seasons are no more. We now have a set reward list of rewards that are always repeatable. 

• Nezha Parts have moved to the Tenno Lab in player Dojos. 
  • Vandal and Wraith weapon parts have moved to the Invasion System as rewards for their respective factions. 
  • Sortie Rewards are now set as:
    • Various Endo Amounts
    • Orokin Catalyst
    • Orokin Reactor
    • A random Focus Lens
    • Exilus Adaptor
    • Legendary Core
    • 1 new item coming soon (see below)!
  • There is a new addition to Sorties which will be added after the weekend because it's a semi-War Within spoiler. 

So what do you think after playing through these changes? We want to know! Post your thoughts below and please be constructive in your comments. 

If you have bugs to report please use the Bug Report Megathread. Thank you!
Spoiler
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
Spoiler
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Spoiler
Spoiler
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Added notes from Update 19.1.0

Hmm interesting. It was indeed getting annoying to get so many Nezha's parts. I like that you moved her into the Dojo's Lab. It's also cool to have the Vandal/Wraith weapons (yays, more reasons to play Invasions!) obtainable and also the Focus Lenses as well (which is neat, to really enjoy the focus system).

I like the changes. The sorties at reléase were quite an awesome idea as a result of the events of The Second Dream, but it really got tiringsome after a bit with the thing about seasons and repeatable ítems (okay, I am mainly aiming at Nezha here). The change is well welcomed from my part at least, it's nice to have a change like this, though darn that new item is driving me nuts, I wish I knew what it was already! Nice teasing there.

But indeed I like the changes. I am from the few players that still play Invasions often out of the Catalyst/Reactor/Forma alerts, so I like the fact that I'll get to snatch a few of those while playing one of the modes that I enjoy playing regularly; it's just so cool to have an army as your allies here and there, makes a Tenno feel like it's not alone in the universe!

I"m disappointed that the weapons and lenses were removed. That's why I did sorites. The Endo rewards are ok, but you get the other things so rarely that it's not worth trying for them. I've done most of the sorites since they came out and i've gotten 1 exilus adapter, and i think 2 of each potato. Getting more lense to put on more frames and getting the weapons i'd missed was it. Not sure there is any real pressing reason to do sorties any more.

According to TWW update post.

The new pre-requisite to access Sorties is completion of The War Within. 

That is a completely horrible idea.

First, do not add a game type to the general game and then take it away.

Second, if you are going to do that you need to replace it or leave a version of that option in the general population.

Sorties are one of the few optional quest that people constantly do and do not require setting up a group. Why would you kill an option for the general population like that?

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Hi, I'd like to post a feedback regarding new mod type introduced with the update. The addition of the veiled mods made me really want to post to say thank you!

If it is available daily from sorties, it's hella awesome! These will eventually replace any of the generic mods we use. and the RNG element into the new mods is just icing on the cake. I've been wanting a some sort of randomized loot system in Warframe, much like what they have in other ARPG games, and this makes me want to do daily sorties now.

I'm guessing these veiled mods don't normally drop from killing random things, but if they do, it's more reason to play more hours of the game, and not just do sorties. But of course, I understand if they only come from sorties. They have to possess some sort of rarity, I guess. But If they do drop from mobs, it's dope! XD

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if a player finds a good rolled Riven mod with a D (vazarin, I think) polarity, it's a reason to use or forma that type of polarity into a weapon. I guess people will now have to consider leaving that once unwanted polarity alone for a change.

Again, thank you so much for the addition of the mod! You guys definitely made one of your players all the more happy! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! :D

Riven mods are amazing, I love the idea (and the look!)

but some of the challenges are insane.

The first one i got was reasonable, get 58 kills without a teammate going down.

Then I cycled the mod and got: "Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage"

yes, I couldn't use abilities or take any amount of damage. This is totally impossible.

Then my friend got: "Complete a solo interception mission with level 30 or higher enemies with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without dying or becoming downed"

This one was not impossible though, in fact he did complete it. But he said is was super hard.

There is nothing wrong with a challenge, but you should make sure that all Riven mods are possible. Or you could allow us to cycle a mod even if it is veiled.

This isn't really specific to changes to sorties, but I was trying to solo the sortie today and the excavation sortie about halfway through gets to a point where barely any mobs are spawning, particularly power cell mobs. I've literally been standing on an excavator at 0% with another one at 0% halfway across the map with ZERO mobs attacking me (or the other excavator) for about 5 minutes. This has been a problem with solo excavations, especially corpus sortie excavations since they have existed though and you've just never done anything about it. 

Spawn rates in solo missions are (still) garbage. 

#ThingsYouWishTheyFixedInTWW

Had to just abort and do it in a public game where mobs actually spawn. 

Edited by Borg1611

6 hours ago, hte_spaghetti said:

Then I cycled the mod and got: "Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage"

yes, I couldn't use abilities or take any amount of damage. This is totally impossible.

Then my friend got: "Complete a solo interception mission with level 30 or higher enemies with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without dying or becoming downed"

This one was not impossible though, in fact he did complete it. But he said is was super hard.

rhino.

On 2016-11-11 at 8:08 PM, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Focus Lenses have moved to the Syndicates and can be accessed for Standing.

I wish this was true, but right now it isn't

The patch notes also say that there's one lens in the sortie rewards at the moment so I'm not even sure whats true....

Sortie rewards being less diluted is really nice though, I like it at the moment, really wish we could run it at least twice though, I've been stuck getting endo the past 2 days

On 12/11/2016 at 5:08 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

I still see them among Sorties reward, and not in the Syndicates.

Since rewards now are fewer, what about adding a "resource cache" which gives a big amount of a random resource (e.g. 3000 Oxium, 50 Orokin cells...)?

There was talk about a Sortie token system and one of the worries was introducing another currency into the game.  Well to me, it looks like you have a great currency already that can use an additional sink... Endo.  With the new sortie setup, I'd like to see the ability to convert Endo into those newly introduced items.  Scrapping mods to their essence to make other items... makes sense to me.  If you do Sorties because you need the endo, nothing changes.  If you are doing Sorties as the ONLY WAY to get the new item(s), this adds an element of progression toward that even if you don't get lucky that day.

Edited by SupaFlyWF

On 12.11.2016 at 5:08 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

• Sortie Rewards are now set as:
    • Various Endo Amounts
    • Orokin Catalyst
    • Orokin Reactor
    • Exilus Adaptor
    • Legendary Core
    • 1 new item coming soon (see below)!

and yet... lenses are still as sorites rewards ;/

I was gonna complain I'm getting nothing but endo and I really want some lenses, but now after seeing that they're supposed to be in syndicates I'm confused.

Did you guys at DE double check if they're even obtainable in game at all? (excluding the market, of course...)

Edited by Shifted

Today I encountered an interesting problem, the sortie had an energy reduction condition and the kuva guardians appeared. The energy reduction seemed to have affected the operator to, completely preventing the use of void dash. Thus making the guardians completely impossible to kill since there is no other way to disarm them. While I do like a challenge, making something completely impossible is not on my list of things I do like. So either, energy reduction should prevent the kuva guardians, void dash energy cost should be reduced, or the operator mode should not be subject to nightmare/sortie conditions since the operator cannot be modded or customized to scale with enemy levels or to combat special conditions.