Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

teshin or lotus

coldguy111

2 hours ago, Dawn11715 said:

Teshin worked for the queens and probably feed them for decades. He always had the choice to disobey even if he couldnt kill them, he could have decided to not be part of the problem, instead he decided to work for them because of some stupid, ancient rules.

From the cutscene, it seems that Teshin was being controlled by the sceptre, forcefully at that too. It fits with the lore, as the Orokin view experimenting and enslaving as something of a daily basis. Not to mention, he has always opposed the Twin Queens whenever he could: he did establish the Conclave and help us in Operator mode, after all.

Anyway, I'd go with them both. From all we've been through, it's clear that the Operator, the Lotus, and Teshin has gone through the same thing: they were all puppets manipulated against their will for some greater scheme. At this point, we're sort of a family, bonded by hardships. A weird family, I admit, but the closest our Tenno has :)

37 minutes ago, --Q--Lotus_Underwear said:

Well, I have only one option. 

The Lotus have seduced you. Led you on a complacent path like an oxen. You have forgotten the Conclave.

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

2 hours ago, Dawn11715 said:

Teshin worked for the queens and probably feed them for decades. He always had the choice to disobey even if he couldnt kill them, he could have decided to not be part of the problem, instead he decided to work for them because of some stupid, ancient rules.

That being said, I also dont like his general attitude. 

Id go with the Lotus she betrayed her own father to defend us. She had a very similar choice then Teshin and decided to break every rule for our sake. She might not fight at our side, but at least she wont betray us, no matter what.

I still don't understand why couldn't he tell the kid about the queens the first time they found him on the moon. He was telling them how to beat the queen in front of her and he couldn't warn them about the danger before hand?

Just now, Horaciozhao said:

I still don't understand why couldn't he tell the kid about the queens the first time they found him on the moon. He was telling them how to beat the queen in front of her and he couldn't warn them about the danger before hand?

Thats another thing about teshin: He never gets to the point...

5 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

3 minutes ago, Dawn11715 said:

Thats another thing about teshin: He never gets to the point...

Judging by how Teshin is expecting us on the Mountain Pass and these dialogue:

• "Pupil, if your Warframe becomes a useless husk without you, then what do you become without it?"
  • "New strength creates new weakness. Pupil, can you balance these opposing forces?"

He was also using this as an opportunity to unlock our potential: a very big gambit, essentially.

I think they fear us and respect us at the same time, in TWW i came to the conclusion they don't want to guide us forever and so they put trials in our road. They want us to face our action, past, and finally our Powers to test the will of someone who can objectively become they're savior, or they're downfall. Think about the relashionship between them, they don't call each other traitors neither they agree to each other, they agree they disagree.

Would take Tesh. any day.

Space mom's nice and all, but too enigmatic with what's to be said at some points and has a tendency of waiting till the last minute to tell us wtf is going on.

Teshin can be the same way, but often gives all the info to us, skips the bs and is by our side in combat.

...Where was Space mom when her children were in their worst moments of facing Stalker? Where was Lotus when we needed more detail about the Sentients?

Where in the HELL was Space Mom when we were fighting the queens???

If Teshin can get around as much as he does, provide battlefield insights, wisdom of experience and even open himself up freely to us with the option to accept or turn on him at any moment, and from the most recent fights....yeah, I'd side with him any day over a flower.

Edited by Prime-Ares

1 hour ago, Prime-Ares said:

Yeah, I'd side with him any day over a flower.

Take a look at their helmets...

latest?cb=20150818043033.jpg

Mushroom

195?cb=20131119220124.jpg

Flower

Coincidence? I think not!

Edit: I guess you can say that Teshin is a fungi ;P

Edited by Beggining
How did I not notice that, little Timmy

One is a protective mother figure and the other one is a strict father figure.

So it's rather pointless to ask you to choose one, both are equally important to the child.

If I eventually have to choose one though, I will go for Lotus, because she lead us through our two awakenings.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Maybe a weak argument, but still valid in my opinion:

I'd go for Lotus, simply because the Lotus woke us up and has been there throughout the years. Teshin marched in halfway and started puking out philosophical sentences to 'enlighten us'. Even though Teshin is honest, he's not as iconic for this game as space mom and simply came too late for me to care all too much about him.

Also those people saying "where was the Lotus when we needed her in TWW?" and "she keeps things from us until the last moment":

For the first, keep in mind that 3/4th of this quest was a matter of seconds ("transference overload in 5..4..3..2..1.." is the timeframe in which all this realisation and psychological fighting happened) and outside of that, the Lotus did not know the location during her absence! (Ordis mentions that the fortress moved again and the only reason we dó know where to go is because of transference...something only Tenno can use this way...not space mom). So could she even be there? No. And as soon as comms are working again, she immediately contacts our Tenno.

For the second argument, keep in mind that it's a mother figure. She wants what is best for her children and throughout the quests we know that what really happened was not at all pleasant. The Lotus' stance on this is "the less you know, the better", simply to protect the Tenno.

Besides, did Teshin really give us the truth any sooner? ehh...no. We had to almost kill the dude before he gave us answers

People complain about the fact that the Operator gets treated like a naive child because it's bad, but then you see topics like this.

The second someone comes along and gives you a nugget of truth suddenly people want to up and abandon someone who has protected and guided you since the beginning? I'd say that's pretty naive and childish.

I was hoping when I beat Teshin down that I could finish him.

Don't like his attitude.

I'll stick with Lotus. 

She helped me at the start she kept my operator hidden and safe and she saved my dying operator in TSD. 

Teshin used me to get out from under the Queens that he's been feeding for decades. I'd love to be able to end him but, sadly, plot armour. 

2 hours ago, Misterff1 said:

Maybe a weak argument, but still valid in my opinion:

I'd go for Lotus, simply because the Lotus woke us up and has been there throughout the years. Teshin marched in halfway and started puking out philosophical sentences to 'enlighten us'. Even though Teshin is honest, he's not as iconic for this game as space mom and simply came too late for me to care all too much about him.

Also those people saying "where was the Lotus when we needed her in TWW?" and "she keeps things from us until the last moment":

For the first, keep in mind that 3/4th of this quest was a matter of seconds ("transference overload in 5..4..3..2..1.." is the timeframe in which all this realisation and psychological fighting happened) and outside of that, the Lotus did not know the location during her absence! (Ordis mentions that the fortress moved again and the only reason we dó know where to go is because of transference...something only Tenno can use this way...not space mom). So could she even be there? No. And as soon as comms are working again, she immediately contacts our Tenno.

For the second argument, keep in mind that it's a mother figure. She wants what is best for her children and throughout the quests we know that what really happened was not at all pleasant. The Lotus' stance on this is "the less you know, the better", simply to protect the Tenno.

Besides, did Teshin really give us the truth any sooner? ehh...no. We had to almost kill the dude before he gave us answers

this.

tenno is alive cus of lotus. and all she did, she did to protect the tenno.