The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel about a Nova rework?

PapaFragolino

Just now, ViS4GE said:

That's just lag.

No, it's not. This has happened on Solo and when I'm hosting. E.G. I'm bullet jumping, cast a portal, fly right by it and land on the ground. I have to bullet jump back up to get in the portal.

It should automatically teleport you somewhere. It's stupid to have to aim to go through it.

18 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Why not discuss about Nova ? There are already tons of rework ideas for Oberon , Hydroid , Limbo etc ( least used frames and need reworks). Feedback is full of them.

Because there is no reason in risking huge potential nerfs, just because her 2 have little too low range according to some.

Nova is fine.

On 11/27/2016 at 3:23 PM, Ailissa said:

Mainly because the reworks so far have boiled down to nerfs.

Mag was once a pretty popular frame, rework, not so popular now.

Saryn was pretty handy, rework, quite a lot of people hate her.

Ash was used quite a lot, rework, now he's great for solo play but absolutely useless in a group (debatable whether he was any use before but at least he got kills).

Trinity has been hit with the nerf bat so many times it's hit domestic abuse levels.

You will have to forgive people for not wanting their favourite frames "reworked".

While I don't know much about Mag and I personally think they could have done way more on Ash, the Saryn rework definitely made her way more stronger than she was before and the same goes for Excalibur and Rhino. The Trinity one wasn't a rework in the first place.

On 11/27/2016 at 3:09 PM, Aeon94 said:

It's really weird that ppl always complains about nerfs when someone says rework.

Seriously Nova NEEDS rework but not to all abilities , Null Star has no use other than wasting energy and Wormhole is too bad for tight areas. Her 2nd and 4th are awesome.

My suggestions ;

Null Star - works similar to Amesha's Watchful Swarm ,

• Null Star provides defensive 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 orbs that orbit Nova and block a number of instances of damage equal to the number of orbs.
  • Has no duration and range
  • Number of orbs is not affected by Power Strength
  • Will block all instances of damage, including area-of-effect explosions.
  • Has an instant cast and does not interrupt other activities.
  • Does not provide status immunity so knockdowns still activate her passive

Wormhole - 

• Nova can create a portal on targeted location ( max 2 portals )
  • Nova and her allies can teleport between portals by interacting with them
  • Portals can last for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds.
  • Has 25 meters cast range
  • Creating another portal when the maximum number of active portals have been reached will cause the oldest portal to collapse.
  • Portal duration is affected by Power Duration 
  • Cast range is affected by Power Range
  • This ability is a one-handed action; as such, it will not interrupt full actions such as reloading, charging, or shooting.

I like that Null Star change, it would be a perfect panic ability to use when surrounded by enemies but without taking away her squishy nature.

For Wormhole I was thinking about giving her a direct teleport, with a targeter ingame showing you where you'll teleport (something that this game is still missing, for example you can't see where you'll place Loki's decoy until you place it) and also leaving behind a portal for your teammates to use after teleporting. In this way you have more control over it, it's faster and still keeps the portal for others to use.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed quote that violated the CoC

1 hour ago, ViS4GE said:

Because there is no reason in risking huge potential nerfs, just because her 2 have little too low range according to some.

Nova is fine.

Nobody said she is bad but what if we want.. let's say " perfection ". I know there are frames that really deserve reworks and serious buffs but a discussion about Nova does not risk anything. None of her abilities are broken as pre-rework Ash , Saryn , Trin or Mag's 2nd or 4th abilities etc. So no worries :)

Edited by Aeon94

Seeing as pretty much every single "rework" that we've seen so far has been nothing but frame-killing nerfs? No, I am not thrilled at the idea of a Nova nerf. If she were to get a rework, the only thing that should be touched would be the wormhole, everything else is fine for now. And besides, her ult has already been reworked, and it's fine now.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It seems DE's motivation for reworks is to promote active play and to not make the rest of the squad superfluous. Nova doesn't violate this tenet, I don't see why DE would make her a priority.

Their modus operandi is destroy everything that makes farming less tedious. Speed Nova does that. MP in general makes dealing with harder enemies easier as well.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Nova is 75% very useful which is way more than most frames can say. 

I no longer trust DE with "reworks", they tend to just make frames worse as of late. At first rework meant a good thing, like with Frost and Excal... now rework means lots of permanent nerfs to the frame under the guise of a "rework". 

We should just leave any frame that isn't total garbage alone or they will be worse. Limbo is the only exception -- he is such a problematic frame already that I think a rework could only improve him. But for most of the rest... let's keep DE's hands off them until they stop this mentality that rework means "nerf the bloody hell out of". 

To be fair, however, DE has stated that they want to get rid of "Press 4 to win frames". They may have been nerfs, yet they were needed. Yet they have gone too far with certain abilities, and not far enough with others, I'll admit.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

yet they were needed.

No, they weren't, especially with things like the simulor in the game.Ash's was especially unneeded since it didn't nuke everything at once. The only ones that needed nerfed are continuous ones that lock down entire maps like Mesa's ans Banshee's. They still mucked up Mesa's. Since it is no longer an aim bot turret, it should not lock you in place.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It seems DE's motivation for reworks is to promote active play and to not make the rest of the squad superfluous. Nova doesn't violate this tenet, I don't see why DE would make her a priority.

I think the same.  I'm going to repost what I had said in another topic that fits here as well.

It seems that DE is heading toward a more synergy type gameplay with most of the changes over this year.  With heavy emphasis on removing press one button to win mechanics.  It could be that they are using these changes as ways to slow down gameplay and/or add more tactical elements.  If you look at the long view, rushtards and Leeroy Jenkins are getting wrecked slowly but surely.  This last bit is just a working theory of mine based on observation over the past year.  I could be completely wrong.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

To be fair, however, DE has stated that they want to get rid of "Press 4 to win frames". They may have been nerfs, yet they were needed. Yet they have gone too far with certain abilities, and not far enough with others, I'll admit.

The problem is that under the guise of interactivity they have hard nerfed a lot of abilities. 

I wanted interactivity too, but I wanted it to be done without major nerfs. 

Exalted Blade was this done right... but Bladestorm was not. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 can be removed for all I care. 3 I'd miss a bit because it's fun, but it can be removed if something more fun or useful replaces it.

More skills need to combo with others.

What I'd like is if she had a way that changed if her 4 slows or makes enemies fast, so that I could go full power strength for her AMD and so that I can change from fast to slow if enemies become too powerful due to scaling.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Their modus operandi is destroy everything that makes farming less tedious. Speed Nova does that. MP in general makes dealing with harder enemies easier as well.

That's not how I view the recent changes. Contrary to what you seem to believe, DE isn't out to punish us; it's not their mission to eliminate the things that make the game unique and fun when they don't adversely affect anyone.

Frame abilities *should* make dealing with harder enemies easier, that's the point...there's a difference between giving an advantage and a "win" button.

Speed Nova is interesting, because I doubt it was intended (Do we know?). It only benefits 1 mission type, and it does this by raising the difficulty. It's a good way to overwhelm new players and whoopty-do, it shaves a few seconds off a defense mission. There are plenty of frames as capable that don't need to give up their best defensive ability. If it wasn't intended, DE is probably more likely amused that the community has embraced an unintended "feature".

I'm still here after all these years because of DE, not in spite of them...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

That's not how I view the recent changes.

Doesn't stop it from being the truth.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Frame abilities *should* make dealing with harder enemies easier, that's the point...there's a difference between giving an advantage and a "win" button.

Pilfering Hydroid, 'nuff said.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

it does this by raising the difficulty.

Speed Nova + Vauban

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

it shaves a few seconds off a defense mission

DE has consistently targeted anything that makes farming or grinding more efficient. "A few seconds" adds up.

Cali / Mesa / Sayrn / Ash , all of those ones and maybe a few others but just not as much as those possible 4 for now?

Last I remember is that [DE] is trying to get rid of the "Press 4 to win"  builds for certain frames.  Does Nova's 4th ability instantaneously kill her enemies ON CAST? Nope it just either quickens or slows them down to a snail's pace in movement / reload / fire-rate.  Giving the player(s) the choice if they should defeat said 'primed' enemy causing an explosion effect upon the enemy's death or just to ignore the enemy and move on to the next room.

Actually I take it back on Mesa , casting her 4th only brings her down in to "Sentry" mode and by pressing the mouse-1 button would she even 'kill' anything...

TBH Nova's MP is a pretty OP CC abilities.

-200% Damage multiplier, bonus explosion damage on kill

-Potential 75% slow which almost incapacitate melee enemies (Infestation) completely and greatly reduce the threat from ranged enemies

-Potential 30% speed increase to enemies to make grinding easier

-Very long effect duration

-Very large area of effect

It's unsurprising if DE decides to nerf MP and "rework" her other 3 abilities.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

TBH Nova's MP is a pretty OP CC abilities.

-200% Damage multiplier, bonus explosion damage on kill

-Potential 75% slow which almost incapacitate melee enemies (Infestation) completely and greatly reduce the threat from ranged enemies

-Potential 30% speed increase to enemies to make grinding easier

-Very long effect duration

-Very large area of effect

It's unsurprising if DE decides to nerf MP and "rework" her other 3 abilities.

Inb4 you have to hit enemies with null star and anti matter drop to get 2x damage buff from priming them.

Edited by Thebel