Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to level up Warframes?

(PSN)dustincliford

Question

Hi guys! So I recently got Ivara and I'm liking her a lot. I really want to use her for The War Within quest, but I've just got some trouble leveling her up. I only have an average playtime of 3 hours a day and I also need to learn and plan how to use her. So is there any mission I can go to level her up quickly? Akkad was my go-to, but now that it's nerfed, I don't have anywhere to go to anymore..

Just get her up to level 7 to unlock Prowl. Build for duration since it's a toggled ability that can be canceled with the ability or by running.

Get her Prowl augment as well if you want to run spy missions with the utmost ease as you bypass any and all lasers with it.

Edited by SurrealEdge

Akkad or Stofler are both considered decent levelling spots, though Ivara isn't suited to defense so much. Stealth Exterminates will get you there too. a few other tips:

- you can make the most of Prowl by building for Duration and getting the Infiltrate Augment; not only will you move faster, you can also waltz through any and all lasers. you need never worry about spy missions again.

- her Artemis Bow scales based on your Primary mods, so just bear this in mind in case you use it with a weaker or less modded Primary equipped, as it will do less damage than if you had say, a Tigris prime.

- a good way to navigate larger Tilesets is to use her Dashwire arrow, you can put them way above ground level where you can't be seen and snipe from above with a Bow. also remember you can use Sleep arrows if a heavy enemy is up in your face while you're visible, and Sleep opens them for Finishers.

- tap your first power to cycle between arrows, and hold to fire them at your point of aim. remember the difference so you can react quickly!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

either go to popular pub places like akkad or as soon as you unlock Prowl, go to a high level exterminate with lots of duration and efficiency. Put enemies to sleep and finish them with a proper melee or a silenced weapon. It is so fast if you keep the stealth multiplier...

i would not reccemand ivara for TWW quest, you'll want a frame with armor and health regen aura to a part of it, i seen my friend thinking "oh i'll just cheese it with invisible loki" only to have no survivability on one part your powers are blocked and restricted to melee.

Spy missions, once you get a hang of them you can speed run them in like 1-2 minutes and get more exp per minute than high level survivals. And more loot.

Speed and timing are key to spy missions, since you have Ivara I suspect you're already well versed in spy missions.

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- her Artemis Bow scales based on your Primary, so just bear this in mind in case you use it with a weaker Primary equipped, as it will do less damage than if you had say, a Tigris prime.

I am fairly certain this is false in two ways. First, the primary weapon's stats do not affect Artemis Bow in any way; only the mods installed do. Also, mods for specific weapons do not affect Artemis Bow, i.e having the Daikyu equipped with Spring-loaded Broadhead will not make Artemis Bow perform better past 15m. Second, I have to question your recommendation of a shotgun. I do not think mods for shotguns and sniper-rifles add to the damage of her bow. Thus, since shotgun's only use shotgun mods, I guess that any damage you witness is from power strength. That said, you can use a sniper rifle since many of the mods are the same for rifles.What does make Artemis Bow more effective is Rifle Amp, more power Strength, punch through, Thunderbolt (up to a point), and standard mods to improve its innate puncture damage, 20% crit chance, and 20% status chance. But I could be wrong.

Use long ranged 1 hit kill weapons with silence mod, equip max duration mods, utilize her quiver to make enemies look away from your position/lure them to your position. Use her invisible arrow, use her zipline arrow as advantage point to survey your enemy from above (batman arkham series terms), use zenurik focus if you have. 

If you have navigator, use it to multi kill enemies from distance (mind your energy), like vid below (example)

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

Well there is your standard farm spots and grind spots like heline, hyracon, nixi, akkad etc.

However I solo play most of the time.  So what I do usually depends on the frame.  If it's a frame that has a hard time stealthing I run low level survival missions and gradually go up in the star chart when my level goes up.  If it's a frame that can stealth some what I just run spy missions.  Spy missions are also great for leveling weapons too if you use the hush mod or use a bow but need to level a secondary/melee since you can easily dictate all affinity going to the item needing ranked by running with maxed equipment aside from that one item.

in spy missions you should get plenty of stealth kills and if you manage to hit all 3 vaults undetected you get a lot of affinity that way as well.  As for Ivara make sure you run duration and efficiency.  As high as you can as early as you can.  this will severely drop the energy cost for camping in her prowl.  For tips with prowl never sprint.  just get used to rolling.  Only ever walk if your roll would drastically overshoot it. also avoid using melee's as that takes more energy as well.  Oh and if you roll close to an enemy wait a bit until she's pickpocketed them.  and open containers too.  both should keep you topped up on energy.

The others above gave you pretty good advice on ways to level her.  I will give you information on how she works and how stats effect her. 

Contrary to popular belief, Ivara is not locked into just using Bows.  Her kit also works to devastating effect with sniper rifles and other rifles as well.  This is mostly due to Prowl's headshot multiplier.  So, keep a silence mod on non silent weapons to get this effect and not break Prowl.  Navigator works on projectile weapons including thrown melee ones.  Her Artemis Bow is effected by power strength and almost all primary mods except those for shotguns. 

If you really want to increase how long you can stay in Prowl, the you will need to increase your Efficiency.  Duration has some effect, but efficiency is something Ivara needs more overall.  Once you get to max efficiency (anything over 175% is wasted), you will not get any benefits from Duration with Prowl.  This was noted by another Tenno in another post awhile back.  This is not to say that Duration isn't important also. 

Ivara is one of the frames that benefits quite a bit by having a balanced build.  As in nothing under 100%.  This is because most of her skills are effected by multiple stats at the same time.  For example, Prowl's steal is effected by Strength, Duration, and Range.  Strength effects the chance of stealing and is only guaranteed with str at 100% or higher.  Range effect how far away it will steal.  Duration effects how long it takes to steal (higher duration = faster steal time). 

Ivara with the Infiltrate augment is freaking great IMO.  This augment allows her to not be effected by laser barriers or the lasers on Lau (I tested this one myself).  It also increases her Prowl walking speed based on your power strength.  A power str in the range of about 170% will give you close to normal walking speed, and double speed when on Dashwire (this feature is often overlooked). 

I used Ivara for TWW quest and had a blast.  Just remember that Ivara is squishy with a little more shields than Loki.  You can melee with her quite well if you have Lifestrike equipped, but not recommended because her squishy nature.  It wasn't hard to do TWW with her IMO, but I've been playing her constantly for the last 11 months.  :D

Other small QoL things.  Sleep Arrow is your friend.  Noise Arrow helps in stealth. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)fmp168 said:

I tried to do stealth exterminates, but I quickly ran out of energy and I'm not the best when it comes to stealth killing. I would usually press roll+walk causing Ivara to uncloak herself removing the bonuses.. Any tips for this?

It helps to configure roll to a separate button when using a controller.  I'm not sure if possible on consoles as it is for controllers on PC.

Hope this helps you fellow Tenno.  Happy Hunting.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

On 12/2/2016 at 0:19 PM, (PS4)fmp168 said:

Hi guys! So I recently got Ivara and I'm liking her a lot. I really want to use her for The War Within quest, but I've just got some trouble leveling her up. I only have an average playtime of 3 hours a day and I also need to learn and plan how to use her. So is there any mission I can go to level her up quickly? Akkad was my go-to, but now that it's nerfed, I don't have anywhere to go to anymore..

Best xp farm is in Pluto-Heiracon....

On 12/2/2016 at 7:19 AM, (PS4)fmp168 said:

How was Akkad nerfed?

@Seinerweisen The cargo container on top of the tileset can now be accessed by enemies and the rail on top of the map is removed which means, no safe zones, then the other cargo container on the bridge has been covered with infested slime, now you can't jump on top of that, then lastly, XP rate has dramatically decreased..