Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now you need more Kuva to roll your Riven mod even worse

CodeSigma

So now they made this happen when you roll your Riven mod and select "old" effect the transmute turn will auto add one. 

For example:

New Riven mod ues 900 kuva to translate and select old effect then cycle round will be 2 not 1 and next time you need 1200 kuva not the 1000 to re-roll.

So if you are a unlucky man that you can only select first effect your mod will like this.

0>2>4>6>8>10>12>....

Don't need me write down the kuva you need every roll right?

After all, you may still get the most useless effect after you lose all your kuva and get the high cycle round with nothing.

Perfect DE you made me faster than I thought to quit this translate hell. My new mod get useless effect and even few re-roll it still a trash. Now it already 14 rounds and I don't want waste my time even kuva on this mod anymore, great job. I won't translate any Riven mod now because it just waste my time.

8 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

riven mods were never needed before, so they're not needed now; if you don't like the riven mod system, stop using it

Sounds like all contents in the game what you just said. Focus system, operator, sorties and even more. But you are right this re-roll system was dead now until they fix it.

1 minute ago, CodeSigma said:

Sounds like all contents in the game what you just said. Focus system, operator, sorties and even more. But you are right this re-roll system was dead now until they fix it.

I see it this way....people complain about the riven mods like they're the most required/mandatory mods in the game when they're not. There was no demand for expensive, rerollable mods before rivens were introduced, now it's like everybody forgot they could blow through the starchart long before rivens were added. Yeah, the mods are expensive, so what? your builds didn't need a riven before, and they don't need one now. So if you don't like the riven mods, or you get a bad roll, or you don't like how it's being implemented, just don't use them. I've gotten 3 rivens since it was introduced, one was wothless even after being rerolled, and the other two had to be rerolled several times to even make them worth using, but I still don't use them, my builds are pretty set in stone, I'm not reformaing just for one mod. If you don't like the system, don't use it, nobody is forcing you to use rivens.

1 hour ago, Etan-gK said:

riven mods were never needed before, so they're not needed now; if you don't like the riven mod system, stop using it

Happy-go-lucky people have been saying this exact same bs before the cycle cost reduction, unveiling requirments made less insane, before kuva missions / kuva floods etc., all of which have been huge QoL improvements. If you aren't able to / refuse to think critically of ingame systems that's fine, but don't try to shut down others who point out flaws with this bullcrap, because you might be silencing great ideas. 

Feedback is important, and there is always room for improvement. People like you and diehard fanboys who just happily accept anything that DE pushes out, without critically analyzing it, hurts the game, so step aside and don't block the figurative path of progress. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Separius said:

Happy-go-lucky people have been saying this exact same bs before the cycle cost reduction, unveiling requirments made less insane, before kuva missions / kuva floods etc., all of which have been huge QoL improvements. If you aren't able to / refuse to think critically of ingame systems that's fine, but don't try to shut down others who point out flaws with this bullcrap, because you might be silencing great ideas. 

Feedback is important, and there is always room for improvement. People like you and diehard fanboys who just happily accept anything that DE pushes out, without critically analyzing it, hurts the game, so step aside and don't block the figurative path of progress. Thank you.

really son? you think I just accept everything DE does, I dislike the riven system, which is why I don't use riven mods. I almost quit when they nerf'd trinity, but then I learned to accept it because it was for the best. I'm all for supporting the devs but they have made some boneheaded mistakes (rivens, vacuum within), BUT, they've also vastly improved the game (removal of coptering, second dream). don't lecture me, and don't make judgements about me when you know nothing about me.

Edited by Etan-gK

No changes to cycling came in 19.2.... how did this bug get introduced??? How messy is the code that everytime you introduce a hotfix things break in seemingly random, nonsensical areas of the game? Pretty scary when you think about it.

Edited by Skaleek

2 hours ago, CodeSigma said:

So now they made this happen when you roll your Riven mod and select "old" effect the transmute turn will auto add one. 

For example:

New Riven mod ues 900 kuva to translate and select old effect then cycle round will be 2 not 1 and next time you need 1200 kuva not the 1000 to re-roll.

So if you are a unlucky man that you can only select first effect your mod will like this.

0>2>4>6>8>10>12>....

Don't need me write down the kuva you need every roll right?

After all, you may still get the most useless effect after you lose all your kuva and get the high cycle round with nothing.

Perfect DE you made me faster than I thought to quit this translate hell. My new mod get useless effect and even few re-roll it still a trash. Now it already 14 rounds and I don't want waste my time even kuva on this mod anymore, great job. I won't translate any Riven mod now because it just waste my time.

Uuuuuuuh, I knew something was wrong ! Since I keep rerolling I always keep the original one, and it's costing me a leg.... WTF is this weird mechanic again ? "My kuva !"

22 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

I learned to accept it because it was for the best

Not true. This is why posting about changes you feel are bad for the game is important.

22 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

don't lecture me, and don't make judgements about me when you know nothing about me.

I will lecture you because you were attempting to shut down discussion about a bug regarding riven mods, which turned out to be a bug indeed, with your post earlier. Even if it that wasn't your intent, that's the effect what post like yours have and you should realise this. But with the way you were trying to shut me down with this recent post of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if the intent was there.

And I think I'm glad I don't know anything about you, better it stay that way. Sorry to have triggered you.

Edited by Separius

Just now, Separius said:

Not true. This is why posting about changes you feel are bad for the game is important.

I will lecture you because you were literally trying to shut down discussion about a bug regarding riven mods, which turned out to be a bug indeed, with your post earlier.

And I think I'm glad I don't know anything about you, better it stay that way. Sorry to have triggered you.

oh really, when they reworked sayrn, how many complaint threads popped up on the forums claiming she was ruined forever or that somebody was quitting because DE ruined her? and where are these complaint threads now hm? nowhere. Because people got over it and learned to accept the changes. When DE fixed blessing, how many complaint threads popped up claiming trinity was ruined forever, or somebody was quitting because DE ruined her forever? and where are these complaint threads now hm? nowhere. because people got over it and accepted the changes. when they reworked movement, how many complaint threads popped up on the forums claiming warframe was ruined forever or that somebody was quitting because DE ruined coptering? and where are these complaint threads now hm? nowhere. Because people got over it and learned to accept the changes. that's the way it is. when DE does literally anything, and people complain for a while, then the complaints go away as people learn to accept the changes. Nobody is forcing you to use riven mods, so if you don't like the riven mod system, don't use it, but sooner or later, the complaint thread will die out, and people will move on to the next big thing, then the next, and so on. So once again, don't lecture me when you're the one trying to shut down opinions in this thread.

1 hour ago, Separius said:

Yeah, but this is far from constructive criticism, The Op barely even checked to see if that change is intended or if it was a bug, and then instantly blamed DE and came off as an rude entitled brat.

Constructive feedback is fine, being rude and screaming at everything without even checking the patch notes to know it it was intended is not fine.

So... this is fixed now. But will there be a some sort of reversing the overfed cycle counts?

I don't mind the wasted Kuva at all, but the wasted cycle counts is what saddens me deeply.

I've got 4 mods sitting at 9-11 cycles that I haven't really rerolled that much. And they're for the weapons I really love. I also have others at around 5 cycles or so. :(

EDIT: forgot to say thanks to DE for fixing the bug! Thanks! >.<

Edited by Green_Alien