Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE need to change reward. Take out nitain.

ThePHiLsTeR

Sorties is end game content, and nitain is more like early to mid game. I have 50 nitains and I got 3 today from sorties. I know people complain that they keep getting endo, but at least you can sell rank 10 mods. What am I going to do with this 3 nitain? Absolutely nothing. If I ever run out of nitain I can do these alerts which take 2-5min depending on mission type.

I mean I'm not going up against level 100 eximus stronghold excavation for 3 nitain, when i can get it through alerts with ease.

Edited by ThePHiLsTeR

Yeah you're on the exact same track I am with this nitain in the sortie rewards. That's a complete let down of a reward to be honest, I don't really have anything to replace it with, honestly it doesn't need to be replaced by anything but removed as you have said.

3 minutes ago, Zezakh said:

Admittedly, it is slightly better then 2000 endo.  

Not for me... I can at least use 2000 endo on mods. I built everything that needs Nitain so there's literally nothing I can do with it right now, and even if I could use it I probably already have enough Nitain to build whatever's gonna need Nitain next.

Edited by AXCrusnik

1 minute ago, Zandermanith222 said:

This is what happens when people keep whining about not being able to get Nitain.

DE adds another method to obtain it.

But it's not a method anyone ever wanted.

Then it needs a mastery block. If' I'm above 15 I need that blocked off from being a possible reward. Or should I say 20 and above? Maybe some people 16 to 19 don't have enough.

I ran a Kuva Fortress exterminate yesterday

not an alert, just felt like going to the kuva fortress and the exterminate mission is the easiest

There are 3 caches on that node

me and one other guy on my team opened two of them

we got Nitain from that.

When you can randomly run exterminates to get Nitain, on a node that's level 28-30, why would I ever want Nitain to drop from a level 80-100 mission?

2 hours ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

Sorties is end game content, and nitain is more like early to mid game. I have 50 nitains and I got 3 today from sorties. I know people complain that they keep getting endo, but at least you can sell rank 10 mods. What am I going to do with this 3 nitain? Absolutely nothing. If I ever run out of nitain I can do these alerts which take 2-5min depending on mission type.

I mean I'm not going up against level 100 eximus stronghold excavation for 3 nitain, when i can get it through alerts with ease.

Yeah, some endgame with good rewards, i dont know, how about prime parts?

Like old void endless missions.

muA1Xti.jpg

I wasn't going to do sorties again tonight because it's a long Mobile Defense coupled with another long dull, and boring interception sortie.

But I broke down because I thought that maybe I could go get 3x nitain and prove myself right and screenshot it for everyone else to see right? I don't want nitain from sorties.

Not now, not ever.

I should of just skipped the long and boring sorties because I just knew what I'd get. Not worth the time spent playing these long missions in a row just for that.

I understand where you guys are coming from but as I am fairly a new player to this game, (Only been playing for about 2 months), I need at least about 50 Nitain Extract for researching my dojo (I am the only one there) and completing the Vauban Prime warframe.

So I think DE did it right by putting Nitain Extract as a reward for sorties. It is very hard to get at least 2 Nitain Extracts per day by the way unless you are logged in to Warframe 24 hours a day.

This just highlights one of Warframe's biggest problems, the rewards for completing end game missions aren't worth the trouble. Honestly, the only good things you can get from sorties are Endo or a Legendary Core, and good luck on the latter.

In my view, the biggest problem with the system is that it tries for one-size-fits-all. This doesn't work well because the bar to be eligible for sorties is relatively low, meaning you're going to have huge variation in needs/wants among sortie-eligible players. Some of the newer players will still need things like Endo, lenses and Nitain. Veteran players probably aren't excited to see any of that in the pool.

People who wind up getting rewards they don't need feel like they wasted their time with that days sorties. This is why the token system gets brought up so often. Even if the costs are high, at least nobody has to feel like they wasted their time because they've at least made a step towards their goal. If DE doesn't want certain items (e.g. legendary core) to be too readily available, either make the cost prohibitively high, or just keep that specific reward RNG-based (i.e. you normally get a token for the day, but if you're super lucky, you get the legendary core instead). The common rewards (e.g. lenses, endo and arguably nitain) are what folks seem to be complaining about most, so those are the rewards I feel would be better handled by a token system.

I may be mastery 19 but I have other things to do and thus can't get on any time I want to run a note in alert when it shows up so I usually get around 1 every 2 days which means I have none to spare. I like that we can get note in from sorties, it gave me a reason to actually do them.

I'll say the same thing I said on the other note in complaint thread a couple hours ago. If every reward was the best possible thing in the world there would be 1 reward and then people would complain about there not being enough variation. In any lottery system you need several tiers of rewards bad,ok,good, and great. Just because you don't get a great reward every time you play doesn't mean the game is broken and needs to be change. We need the lower 2 tiers of rewards to make the make the top 2 feel good. 

Tldr: no,just deal with it and try again tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

I may be mastery 19 but I have other things to do and thus can't get on any time I want to run a note in alert when it shows up so I usually get around 1 every 2 days which means I have none to spare. I like that we can get note in from sorties, it gave me a reason to actually do them.

I'll say the same thing I said on the other note in complaint thread a couple hours ago. If every reward was the best possible thing in the world there would be 1 reward and then people would complain about there not being enough variation. In any lottery system you need several tiers of rewards bad,ok,good, and great. Just because you don't get a great reward every time you play doesn't mean the game is broken and needs to be change. We need the lower 2 tiers of rewards to make the make the top 2 feel good. 

You know, if you really do get 1 every 2 days you'd get around 15 a month.

Since Wukong has been introduced it's been like a year now

You should be sitting on a few spare.

I personally only get like 2 every 5 days and I still have a stock of 30+

2 hours ago, Ascarith said:

In my view, the biggest problem with the system is that it tries for one-size-fits-all. This doesn't work well because the bar to be eligible for sorties is relatively low, meaning you're going to have huge variation in needs/wants among sortie-eligible players. Some of the newer players will still need things like Endo, lenses and Nitain. Veteran players probably aren't excited to see any of that in the pool.

^This.

If they don't want to do the token system (which I actually think would work), what if they make Sorties have tiers? Idk if that's a stupid idea, but if sorties are open to MR4 players and up, let's face it, there is a huge difference between what MR4 players can bring to the table as compared to someone, say, MR19. I'm not saying this to belittle people from lower MRs, what I mean is that they'd have a very difficult time in sorties considering how they're still working up their arsenal (especially with the existence of rank-locked weapons).

But yeah anyway, maybe like 3 tiers of the sortie (following the three tiers of the levels per mission in the sortie). So instead of raising the level of the enemies per mission, enemies constantly stay at those levels for the three missions. Also, if the MR4s can go through the current sortie system, then there shouldn't be an MR lock on the different sortie tiers. This suggestion I guess is just for the rewards issue, so the lower-tiered sortie/s can give the Endo and Nitain and stuff that veteran/end-game players don't want, and the higher tiered sortie/s can give the legendary core and all...

2 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

You know you can farm nitain? Not just gotten from alerts bro. Its not a game  breaking issue in anyway. The nitain farming method isn't even hard or grindy.

IMO sorties need to have:

Riven mod, endo, kuva (new resource) packs, relic packs, greater lenses, potatoes, and arcanes.

I have no doubt that many players still need nitan and forma.  However forma is really easy to get ahold of.  And they could solve the nitan problem by simply offering more than one nitan per alert. Hell I still need both of those.

TBH I think sorties as a whole need reworking.  I like what they represent (though calling it end game seems pointless) but not how they were executed.

5 hours ago, Blanchflower said:

I understand where you guys are coming from but as I am fairly a new player to this game, (Only been playing for about 2 months), I need at least about 50 Nitain Extract for researching my dojo (I am the only one there) and completing the vauban prime warframe.

So I think DE did it right by putting Nitain Extract as a reward for sorties. It is very hard to get at least 2 Nitain Extracts per day by the way unless you are logged in to Warframe 24 hours a day.

That's the problem tbh. People just want to build stuff right away, see they don't have enough resources to build it and then they rage and complain (not you, just saying) 

you've been playing for 2 months, did you try the weapons that don't need nitain? Did you build vauban before you want his prime? 

Even if you need it, sortie is 'end game' and for 'veterans'. No offense but for people like you who played for a small time, nitain isn't even what you should be thinking about 

if DE wants to give the majority of players that have 4-5 nitain (as they say) which are probably newbies like you, then they should give them an easier way, more nitain alerts, more nitain in drop tables and stuff like that. It's like saying to your kid "here, have this money to get candy, but you only have to buy that candy from the store 20 blocks away" 

DE's biggest problems or at least one of them is player balance, they just take certain players' side without thinking about the other players' group 

12 hours ago, Zezakh said:

Admittedly, it is slightly better then 2000 endo.  

I only get Endo. Every time. No Breaks.

Nitain was probably included in the sortie tables because there were treads in the past were people were mentioning that they could not get Nitain due to their schedules not allowing them to get Nitain.

I dont need Nitain at all but if this is a change that helps some fellow Tennos who cant get it, Im ok with that.