Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

16 hours ago, Dopey said:

Forgot to mention it was with a 2x booster already on

And it's funny how people ignore my 2nd argument, the market inflation, really people? Making 100p for a 125k syndicate weapon? you think that's fair?. and the price just goes higher and higher as we speak

That's how free market works, nothing wrong with it.

um.. how about no?

we've been waiting since the Atterax for another good whip, and I for one don't want the thing nerfed. there's simply no need, and it's arguably the only Syndicate melee with a passive that's ACTUALLY useful.

as for the prices on trading, it's a free market, so people will do as they please. just ignore the scumbags and don't use the Secura Lecta if it bothers you that much. stop trying to ruin things for the rest of us just because you're salty.

16 hours ago, Dopey said:

oh ok so instead I should suggest DE making a link that if you click it you will get free 10 milion credits into your Tenno account right? like credit farming wasnt easy already...

All I want is balance. 

Take note of this; Balance is vastly, vastly, overrated.

As an example:
Blizzard's policy of balancing everything to the point of sacrificing character differences and delivering swift justice to anything that dares even approach the walls of intended design, has left WoW a mirthless and soulless game. I'm not talking about exploitative mechanics that break the game, I mean any minor advantage a player can get by being clever or inventative in any way, riles up their developers.

While it's not without merit that Blizzard devs do what they do ("forcing" players to do more tedious things than intended to stay competitive or merely as an active player), this is a direction they chosen to take.

With Warframe, if someone wants to spend their time doing mindless activities for extended periods of times (which the secura lecta effectively forces you to do) then they have only earned an advantage that affects themselves and no one else. The overall gameplay is still the exact same, you don't have to go and do the same to stay relevant in content, at all.
If there were new trials every two to three months and they required you to fully upgrade a couple of mods for each of them, every time, then it'd be a different story; Then you would effectively be forced to use something like the secura lecta in order to simply play.

In my opinion, this weapon (which I neither use nor own, though I did give one away for free today) adds character to the game, because it's a neat idea and it lets players be that tiny bit rebellious, which makes them feel clever and outwitting the game a bit. If you don't see any merit to, or the amount of powerful builds with specific purposes, then I dare say that you don't see one of the biggest draws of this game.

The real problem I find to be concerning about Secura Lecta is that it creates disparity.

A player who has it has not double the credits farming potential but far, far more. A player who doesn't have it will either have to buy his own for a hefty amount of plat, or resort to finding someone who has it and is willing to team up.

Something of vital importance such as resources/credits farming should not be linked to a single weapon which has a very strict access to it.
Either make it easily available to everyone so no one will be left out of the crazy bonus it gives, or don't make it a must have or be gone.

Also: Three people sitting on a box while one person farms the credits for them isn't exactly what I'm looking after when I play a game.

Edited by Dubcor3

7 minutes ago, Dubcor3 said:

A player who has it has not double the credits farming potential but far, far more. A player who doesn't have it will either have to buy his own for a hefty amount of plat, or resort to finding someone who has it and is willing to team up.

Or, you know, rep for the Perrin Sequence and buy it directly themselves.

No. And what the Hek is wrong with you.

This is a MASTERY RANK 12 weapon! If it's any overpowered, it's only for newbies, and they can't even use this weapon. And then you're complaining about the plat price as if people buy this weapon to eat? Once the market hits saturation, the price will go down. It's just a hot ticket item right now because some people still need credits.

You seriously wanted to nerf a weapon that's not even Sortie level, and makes credits only for people who could already run Akkad all day long?

There are many ways to farm credits in the game, the problem is they are all boring as sin. So you want to take the one weapon that allows you farming access outside of just speedva Akkad, letting me farm credits and having fun in say survival instead?

Boggles my mind. Credits are only used for certain things. It doesn't really hurt the game in any way and it still takes a lot of time and perfect setups to achieve. It's no different then nekros + hydroid + resource booster for some materials.

Case in point, the 1 mil totem thing you could buy. People bought over 100 of these things as credits really don't have much use or value unless you're a low MR / newer player.

18 hours ago, Dubcor3 said:

The real problem I find to be concerning about Secura Lecta is that it creates disparity.

Something of vital importance such as resources/credits farming should not be linked to a single weapon which has a very strict access to it.
Either make it easily available to everyone so no one will be left out of the crazy bonus it gives, or don't make it a must have or be gone.

Also: Three people sitting on a box while one person farms the credits for them isn't exactly what I'm looking after when I play a game.

I mean you could say the same about Nekros. Anyone who plays the game and isn't using Nekros or Hydroid with pilfering swarm to kill every enemy in the game is just losing out to their peers because they aren't getting potentially double of everything and pushing them further behind in every category.

There eventually comes a point in this game where you catch up, you hit the highest MR have everything built / maxed and there is no need for anything outside of maybe endo for future mods / playing around with builds. There really isn't a behind in this game as even someone only MR 3-4 can have weapons that can complete everything the game can throw at them technically. Just because they don't hve 200 other weapons to choose from as well doesn't mean they are being left behind.

So you wanna run hieracon, one drill and out x2000? There is difference in easy credit gain, secura lectra makes you work as team, while the other method just makes you run single mission numerous times alone, so that is fun? seriously, if you like some HC grind, there is plenty of asian super grinds. 

I have never enjoyed making credits in this game so much, so it voices out the problem on this system, making credits sucks overall, so this is the only way to actually have fun on it. There is barokiteer every second week, all the stuff costs S#&$ tons of credits, also all the mods etc. So you wanna make all that behind the grind wall? gotcha.

IMO secura lectra should be on other syndicate too, so people wouldn't be sitting on top of it now, when it actually got useful.

3 hours ago, Pinkkifantti said:

IMO secura lectra should be on other syndicate too, so people wouldn't be sitting on top of it now, when it actually got useful.

The Synoid Simulor, Telos Boltace, Vaykor Hek and Vaykor Marelok are all sought after weapons, if you have gone with the 'other side' for syndicates you can always try a WTT with one of those for the Secura Lecta.

On 12/4/2016 at 3:19 AM, Dopey said:

Also, the trade chat infliation, I am a cephalon suda supporter, so if I want to buy any of the Secura weapons for XP fodder, they wont be up for sale... and guess why?

Because its only worth buying the Secura lecta because of its high inflated value - people sell it for about 100p in PC these days, and obviously no one will buy a Secura Penta for example and sell it for 40p~50p, the normal price for a Syndicate weapon, right? ( This is PC Pricing btw, not consoles).

So... you're a Cephalon Suda supporter, which is allied with Arbiters of Hexis, and you couldn't trade a Telos Boltace for a Secura Penta, Secura Dual Cestras, Secura Lecta?

:nerd:

And even so, there are plenty of players, PC and consoles, that will have max standing in their appropriate Syndicates that won't spend them on anything whatsoever. You can always hit up someone on Trade and request for a Perrin Sequence Syndicate Primary, Secondary, or Melee via the chat or through Warframe market. Communicate with peeps. Strike when the opportunity is hot. Never assume that some things are a dead-end plat sink (aside with maybe certain Arcanes).

Anyway, nerfing the Secura Lecta for a passive that decreases credit grind, where players have found certain builds or team-setups to make credit farming more effective? Mod Builds that didn't come with ease, but took an extensive amount of time to farm the Endo or camping on Trade to achieve, and then exp farm and forma to create said Builds? Seriously? What's next on the nerf train, nerfing cloth physics on certain Warframes because Fashionframe is too @(*()$ overpowered?

c-mon-son-o.gif

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Lmao, right, nerf it...

I consider this topic really fun, sorry.

Actually, it seems like a great solution giving the weapon that allows more effective grind to a faction that is concentarted around making profit (according to the plot).

So, it's so roleplay that lecta costs 100pt whereas other weps cost 30pt.:-) I'm fine with that.

P.S. I do not own lecta and not going to get it anytime soon. I just think that people should get their fun, even if their fun is grinding akkad/hieracon in full lecta squad to get LOTS of credits :-)

On 12/4/2016 at 3:36 AM, Dopey said:

oh ok so instead I should suggest DE making a link that if you click it you will get free 10 milion credits into your Tenno account right? like credit farming wasnt easy already...

All I want is balance. 

You farmed all your credits in the void when you could get 100k unboosted per 2-minute capture run and 4 runs per keyshare.

They need to add that kind of efficient farming back into the game for people who didn't stockpile 50 million back then.

All I want is balance.

Edited by Callback

• 1 month later...

The absolute LAST thing we need is a nerf or a change to the Secura Lecta. If anything a BUFF would be better than a nerf. Who honestly cares if people net a high quantity of credits! Majority of the time that amount of credits is immediately spent, sometime's even more than the amount players net with the weapon. I would rather farm a mission or 3 with the Secura Lecta than to spend 3-5 hours of my time trying to farm the same to say upgrade a mod from 0-9 or buy a primed mod.

The weapon currently is one of the greatest weapons (in my opinion) that has not been highly affected by undesirable and unnecessary nerfs. Take that away and it's no better than the original Lecta.

One important thing to mention is that the Secura Lecta does NOT give credits for every single kill, this is because not every enemy drops credits; please keep this in mind.

I have been watching the latest devstream live, and they have been talking about how the Secura Lecta's credit drop chance will soon be nerfed. Apparently they claim it is giving credits even on some enemies it isn't directly killing, through some kind of chain reaction, and on top of that, they want to drop how many credits it gives overall. They feel it is simply giving way too many credits way too easily, and has made the weapon far too often the only choice for credit farming. 

What do you guys think about this, do you think it is justified? Should Secura Lecta get a real passive that actually helps in combat, now that it might no longer have place as meta farming weapon of the month? 

Steve put up the fact that credit needs are being lowered overall in light of the fact that converting with Maroo will no longer cost credits, in an attempt to placate people. If you are upset about the upcoming Lecta changes, does this placate you at all? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I don't have any issue with it. Credits are easy to get, and the Secura Lecta will still substantially increase how many you get from a mission.

I am pleased they're removing the cost for extracting Endo from Ayatan statues. I've never done it myself, but I imagine someday I'll decide to scrap a few for the Endo.