The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Genetic Code 'Fix' - Nice one DE

lyravega

49 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The insanely low loot rate already COMPLETELY dissuaded players from gathering DNA

Agreed, after my 3rd kavat I just stopped farming them.  You can't really go into a mission on a derelict and casually get them either.  It's either you go there specifically to farm kavat codes or you kill them.

Unless you use either oberon or heliocor (and melee EVERYTHING) anyway.  Beyond that its just too chaotic to attempt scans while going on normal missions there.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Perhaps, but now both methods of acquisition complement each other better, instead of one completely dominating the other. 

Also, you're good:

Reveal hidden contents

dis·suade
/dəˈswād/
verb
past tense: dissuaded; past participle: dissuaded

I've been farming orokin derelict kavat scans for 5 hours but never even got 1 kavat genetic code no matter how many i scanned, i played solo but 5 hours of my life was pretty much wasted and i didn't even achieve creating the kavat incubator segment yet and i have now even cleared war within..

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Agreed, after my 3rd kavat I just stopped farming them.  You can't really go into a mission on a derelict and casually get them either.  It's either you go there specifically to farm kavat codes or you kill them.

Unless you use either oberon or heliocor (and melee EVERYTHING) anyway.  Beyond that its just too chaotic to attempt scans while going on normal missions there.

scans have such a low chance of giving you dna anyway, 

face it they reduced it to 5 because it would mean people still have to grind for the rest or waste plat on it. 

i'd do like 10 derelict runs and get like 4 dna codes. it was grind and not fun.  -you couldn't just get them as you go like you can with kubrow eggs or other resources.. 

I gave up and ended up buying dna 95% or the time (Ive bred like 50 kavats .....don't judge me) 

10 DNA codes, 5 DNA codes, 1 DNA code, the amount alerts reward changes nothing. I will never farm DNA codes from Derelict ever again unless changes to the drop chance or spawn rate are made.

So instead of 1 alert I need 2 alerts if I desire a new Kavat. So be it. I doubt I'll be wanting a new one soon anyway.

How long have kavats been about now? Everyone who wanted one badly enough has one by now and those that didn't think they were worth the effort at the time now have an easy way to get one. Sure it's gonna take 4 alerts instead of 2 but as the players who need one don't seem to be in any rush, what's the problem?

Seems like a "pick your battles" kinda issue to me, it's far from a biggie and those that don't want to farm are still winning, just not totally being handed it on a plate in one sitting.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Perhaps, but now both methods of acquisition complement each other better, instead of one completely dominating the other. 

Also, you're good:

Reveal hidden contents

dis·suade
/dəˈswād/
verb

See, here's the problem:  Farming Kavat DNA sucks.

We're talking about scanning invisible enemies, whose invisibility can randomly make them unable to be seen even WITH the scanner.  On top of that, they're instantly hostile to you if you scan just one in a group, they move fast as hell, can randomly aggro Grineer and thus you can't even reliably stealth them.  And all of this...for an absurdly low chance for a SINGLE DNA code, and you need TWENTY for one Kavat.  You need THIRTY if you get lucky and get the two different species without repeats

It's not fun, and there's really not a lot of ways around it.  At the very least, I shouldn't have to go through a mission only to get nothing for it, making these keys requires resources, as small as they may be.  Hell, the only reason I'm bothering with Kavats now(A new addition that I was VERY excited for, I'd like to add!) is because I'm MR 21 and I'm trying to hit 22.  And lord help you if you want one that ISN'T ugly...

Kavat DNA codes need to be easier to obtain, and the fact that we have only seen, what, one alert since you added it in?  That's..a sign that this isn't going to fix things much.

Arbitrary grindyness is arbitrary other than making the two whole breeds take longer to collect thus getting as much bang for the lesser content compared to dogs.

Yeah, great, add some kind of relevance to derelicts. But they are awful. Tired of dealing with the flood. Cats are not enough to make me ever touch them again after getting the mods I needed.

Edited by Firetempest

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

Then I can only suggest changing "kubrow egg" reward for "half kubrow egg" reward. Because, you know, It completely dissuade us from attempting to gather eggs from kubrow dens. Why single alert can get us enough resourses for the whole kubrow,but not for the whole kavat? 

9 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

How is a limited time-only, purely RNG generated, rare instance of dropping 10 codes going to replace a repeatable method? With how terrible the RNG is, they're almost the same.

??? 

Clarification please, unless I'm missing something and these are more common than I know of.

3 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

Well then. It didn't when I made mine.

You probably already had one sitting around pre-made from Kubrow breeding or something. Or if you bought the Kavat Starter Kit that gave you one (I think. Not 100% sure what all it had in it) . 

But every Kubrow and Kavat requires an Incubator Power Core. 

1 hour ago, Tuxie said:

Is this image going to be relevant to every quality-of-life improvement discussions from now on?

3qafgh.jpg

It has been for a while.

The people behind these illogical decisions need to be reprimanded or outright fired ASAP, because they hurt the game and the players.

11 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

And yet the methods to obtain a kubrow don't "complement each other", and as you can see pretty much everybody seem to have a hard time farming for that DNA.

It's really a shame, especially considering how OP kavats are compared to kubrow.

Seems like another case of "powercreep", unless that it's close to impossible to obtain.

For the people still looking for DNA I'd advise to rather sell stuff for platinum and buy DNA from the market, that'll be a better use of your precious time.

11 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Also, you're good:

Hide contents

dis·suade
/dəˈswād/
verb

Thanks, at least I learnt something today.

I'm surprised, you seem to be the only person in DE's team to actually take a look at the forum, if only that had a better impact...

1 hour ago, Tuxie said:

Is this image going to be relevant to every quality-of-life improvement discussions from now on?

3qafgh.jpg

I think I'll save it somewhere... It could be of a great use for future threads ;)

Edited by Trichouette

This is a little unrelated to the thread, but I think many in the audience will benefit from it.

I have farmed naturally 5 kavats.  It was daunting at first, but there's a method to it. 

1.  You will need complete simaris upgraded scanner.  Infinite scans that go a little faster and sometimes count as two.

2.  Use Equinox and put everything to sleep.  Then scan in peace.

3.  Solo.  It may seem tempting to try and get a group together, but not enough people know the quirks (which are: if a kavat gives you a DNA, that kavat will have it for everyone, if it doesnt, it's trash.  Kavats spawn in groups based on the number of players.  If a player shows up with a heliocor, he is gonna screw over the team.  You can kill them after you have finished scanning them. Oberon's screw everything up by making the kavats invulnerable.)

4.  ODE.  You want to do this on the orokin derelict exterminate.  This limits the grineer interference and reduces the chances of mission failure.

5.  Perseverance.  You will not get twenty scans in one run.  Pace yourself, maybe plan on five in one day.  Then after four days, you got a kavat cooking.  The RNG has given me missions with up to nine scans, and many with zero.

Hopefully this helps someone!

-Danjal

Edited by Danjal777

14 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

This

14 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I think only one happened. But it's pretty normal since they recently got implemented.

The insanely low loot rate already COMPLETELY dissuaded players from gathering DNA

(i'm not even sure if dissuaded is a word...)

And this.

So instead of a good way of getting Kavat genetic code now we have two, both equally bad (craft Orokin Derelict keys and cope with a abysmal chance of getting the code or hope that a proper alert pops up).

Why not simply increase the chance of getting genetic code via scans?

4 minutes ago, Siekier said:

So instead of a good way of getting Kavat genetic code now we have two, both equally bad (craft Orokin Derelict keys and cope with a abysmal chance of getting the code or hope that a proper alert pops up).

Why not simply increase the chance of getting genetic code via scans?

just as general question... but how low do you think the rate to get them is? as far as i know the drop rates got doubled not long after release.

i usually get atleast one when i do solo extermination and just kill the enemies with simaris hammer.. so i dont know what people make different.