Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #84 Overview

AM-Bunny

11 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

To be completely honest, he looks like a total bore-fest. His aesthetic is cool, but mechanically, it feels like they barely tried. Seems like a Warframe they made for the sake of making, not because it benefits the game at all. This is really harmful to the overall development of the game because every Warframe added divides the time able to be devoted to each one smaller.

I agree. Unfortunately though, I feel like this is a trend we have seen more often with recent frames. DE feels the need to release a certain amount within a certain general time frame, and so some end up feeling kind of rushed, while others feel more fully fleshed out. I think it depends partly on how many projects they are dealing with/were just dealing with, when they came up with a frame. For example they had just come off the complications of Equinox and Chroma recently when Atlas was made, Scott literally just wanted to "make a frame that punches you in the face" next because it was "something simple". And while Atlas is good, I am sure we all remember how simplistic he felt in the beginning, and how originally he was basically a damage frame with zero scaling. 

I think this could be solved by releasing LESS new warframes every year, especially since each one adds more development time every time a new anything is added that has to fit with their animations/size/etc. 

One new male and one new female a year and take the time to make them really quality and make sure they actually fit into the game. 

Some people may not like not having that many frames as often, but I think it would be better for the game overall. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

9 hours ago, Pokemonix14 said:

Ember Deluxe Skin VS "Oni" Warframe Concept from 2013 ,very original to copy somebody's idea ,HUH ?!

It comes as no surprise seeing as both concepts were designed by the same person, aka IgnusDei, who was recruited long ago by DE as an outside concept designer for many of our deluxe skin. He has a very defined art style, so it's only natural some of his concepts might come by as similar to each other at times. 

Edited by Cubewano

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:
Spoiler

I agree. Unfortunately though, I feel like this is a trend we have seen more often with recent frames. DE feels the need to release a certain amount within a certain general time frame, and so some end up feeling kind of rushed, while others feel more fully fleshed out. I think it depends partly on how many projects they are dealing with/were just dealing with, when they came up with a frame. For example they had just come off the complications of Equinox and Chroma recently when Atlas was made, Scott literally just wanted to "make a frame that punches you in the face" next because it was "something simple". And while Atlas is good, I am sure we all remember how simplistic he felt in the beginning, and how originally he was basically a damage frame with zero scaling. 

I think this could be solved by releasing LESS new warframes every year, especially since each one adds more development time every time a new anything is added that has to fit with their animations/size/etc. 

One new male and one new female a year and take the time to make them really quality and make sure they actually fit into the game. 

Some people may not like not having that many frames as often, but I think it would be better for the game overall. 

I can quote this 24/7.

its really sad to see some great concept so poorly realized. The infested frame is a great concept and needs to be unique and valuable. i mean thats a card they can play only once...

I would have loved to see the "stacks" mechanic in ash rework to power up the bladestorm and unleash it once in a while, something powerful. Not wasted for a maggot spawning puddle of filth.
While i like the overall ideas for the abilities it looks like its at an early stage and we know its coming really soon...
Somehow at DE they keep confusing new frames with actual content. They already have enough older frames that need a remake to work on. reworking hydroid or limbo would be like adding a new frame since almost nobody is using them

On 9/12/2016 at 9:15 PM, AM-Bunny said:

af05b8cf8b.png

New Speargun Weapon
• Possesses two firing modes: fire and thrown
• The Throwing attack is very powerful and has an AOE effect, but upon throwing it, you have to manually retrieve the weapon
• If you throw the spear to an inaccessible location, it will eventually return automatically, but you are limited to your secondary weapon until then
• The (Grineer) fire spear that was previewed shoots a fireball with its primary firing mode
• There is a Corpus speargun being developed too
• Click HERE to see a preview of the spear mechanics

Infested Warframe - Nidus
• Nidus' acquisition Quest will be related to The Perrin Sequence and the full release of The Index
• Has no shields but passive health regen    
• #1 creates a long line of Infestation that damages and refunds some energy based on how many enemies are hit - enough enemies can actually result in a net positive Energy gain
• #2 creates tendrils that hold enemies in place
• #3 stuns an enemy, forming a symbiotic link and makes all damage you receive go to the linked target
• His first 3 powers generate Infestation stacks that are used to pay for his #4 - these stacks are represented visually as Infested growths form on his body
• #4 requires a number of Infestation stacks to use and generates a zone of Infestation that contains maggots that fight for you and cc enemies as well as build more Infestation stacks
• Click HERE to see a gameplay preview of Nidus' powers
• Will release very soon -sometime this year

Reveal hidden contents

076d8dd463546bd6488b7fb2f688befd.pngd455a8d9e61b9db97f830e9d8735119b.png

New Tenno Shotgun
• Highly requested pump-action shotgun

Reveal hidden contents

b7217ffd7f9554e6963e3d7948719d8b.png

Limbo Revamp
• Entering and exiting The Rift will be simplified - it won't be part of his power set, but will instead be tied to his dodge and movements
• This ease of Rift management may address some of the frustrations with picking up items in The Rift and similar issues
• Experimenting with giving him the ability to freeze and stop things in The Rift to emphasize his battlefield control
• The revamp is very much in the conceptual stages - hopefully will have something more concrete in 2017

Deluxe Skins (Ember)
• There's a new Ember deluxe skin designed by Francois (IgnusDei) 
• Frost deluxe skin that was previously shown has had some good progress made, not sure if it will release in 2016 though

Hide contents

123a4e1d6190ab83df146051e88bc9d5.png

Other Stuff
• The Valkyr Prime cinematic trailer is being worked on, but won't release in 2016 - will ship early 2017
• The Tenno Choice Awards were held, commemorating some 2016 highlights - click HERE to see them
• Definitely will add separate armour ans syandana colouring when the UI team can make time - sounds like a good feature for early 2017
• Musician Warframe will be released in 2017
• Ceres tileset is getting a total re-master including new rain effects, volumetric lighting, new dynamic sound placement, and non-hostile worker NPC's
• Hinting at some kind of Prime buffs?

The War Within Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Riven Mods
• Before the end of the year, Riven mods for Secondary weapons will probably be released
• They are considering replacing Rifle Rivens in Sortie rewards with Secondary Rivens when they release
• No word was given on how or if Rifle Rivens would then be acquired if this idea is pursued

Thanks to the devs for another year of constant communication. Keep an eye out for the official overview from @[DE]Taylor later today!

This S#&$ is new skin for ember?? WTF 

2 hours ago, (PS4)NoVa_Erk said:

wow and which deluxe Skin of Frost do they mean? i saw many concept arts. can anybody post a picture or something for the upcoming skin of Frost?

This is it 

FrostJotunFINAL01.jpg

2 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

when did they hint at prime buffs?

Here's the timestamp. It was also mentioned again in the official overview, so it's definitely got some solid basis.

2 hours ago, RunicZeus said:

can someone please explain more on this?

Nobody knows, there was no context given.

43 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

This is it 

Reveal hidden contents

FrostJotunFINAL01.jpg

Here's the timestamp. It was also mentioned again in the official overview, so it's definitely got some solid basis.

Nobody knows, there was no context given.

idk how hard this would be for you but in the future it would be cool if you could add time stamps for the different points in your op.

Greetings, Tenno! 

First post... 

I'm really liking Warframe and first got into it a couple weeks after it launched on XboxOne. 

Devstream #84 was great and I'' really excited for the new infested frame: Nidus! I'm also looking forward to the new Frost and Ember deluxe skins as well! 

A few comments on Nidus. I wish his powers had some kind of infest enemy tactic to them. If he is focused on being "the" infested frame he seems lacking in being able to take advantage of this. 

I'm not sure what his passive is, but it should be some sort of, "enemies killed spawn maggots." Their strength and damage should scale with his infestation stack. This allows you to retain the stack and bonuses until you deliver his ultimate. 

Nidus ultimate should stay the same, but should cause enemies to be trapped and then become stationary turrets when they are "maggoted" and will fight for the Tenno cause. Up to like 7 enemies or so scaling with duration, intensity, and range mods respectively. 

The only drawback is that Nidus would move very slow on the "creep," but would gain armor for every enemy on it. Maybe make it an ability augment because as it is now it just doesn't stand up... 

Merry Christmas, Tenno! 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Post Infestation

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Greetings, Tenno! 

First post... 

I'm really liking Warframe and first got into it a couple weeks after it launched on XboxOne. 

Devstream #84 was great and I'' really excited for the new infested frame: Nidus! I'm also looking forward to the new Frost and Ember deluxe skins as well! 

A few comments on Nidus. I wish his powers had some kind of infest enemy tactic to them. If he is focused on being "the" infested frame he seems lacking in being able to take advantage of this. 

I'm not sure what his passive is, but it should be some sort of, "enemies killed spawn maggots." Their strength and damage should scale with his infestation stack. This allows you to retain the stack and bonuses until you deliver his ultimate. 

Nidus ultimate should stay the same, but should cause enemies trapped to be trapped and then become stationary turrets when they are "maggoted" and will fight for the Tenno cause. Up to like 7 enemies or so scaling with duration, intensity, and range mods respectively. 

The only drawback is that Nidus would move very slow on the "creep," but would gain armor for every enemy on it. Maybe make it an ability augment because as it is now it just doesn't stand up... 

Merry Christmas, Tenno! 

Hey, welcome to the forums!

Nidus' passive ability seems to be his constant health regen.

As for him 'infesting' opponents, if I had to come up with a lore explanation - the Tenno are committed to wiping out Infestation in all its forms. Purging them during The Great War was one of their primary assignments, besides battling Senients. I'm sure they would never want to contribute to the spreading of Infestation. Consequently, I've always been under the assumption that Infested gear (and Nidus by extension) was rendered 'sterile' somehow and unable to produce lasting Infestation.

Perhaps his Quest will reveal more about his true nature.

I agree that his ult seemed lacklustre as it was presented. However, since it consumes 'infestation stacks' it's possible that it doesn't cost any energy. Combined with the fact that his #1 power generates energy, he might be extremely spammy. In fact, it's possible he might not even need Efficiency mods and would have more room for other mods.. speaking of which, would power efficiency reduce the cost of infestation stacks? Time will tell.

^ One more post to complete the stack, Tenno.

But yes, I hope Scott made adjustments to his powers post-stream. I personally wouldn't mind using energy on his ult (he doesn't need to it seems on the stream) if it meant we get to cast it earlier but the stacks improved on its effects to reward time and effort.

The way they phrased it on the stream about the Adaptation Stacks affecting his abilities makes me cautiously optimistic stacks might add other perks to Rupture, Tendrils, and Symbiotic Link. Or they were just referring to Rupture and Maggots building up the stacks... that would be disappointing.

9 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

^ One more post to complete the stack, Tenno.

But yes, I hope Scott made adjustments to his powers post-stream. I personally wouldn't mind using energy on his ult (he doesn't need to it seems on the stream) if it meant we get to cast it earlier but the stacks improved on its effects to reward time and effort.

The way they phrased it on the stream about the Adaptation Stacks affecting his abilities makes me cautiously optimistic stacks might add other perks to Rupture, Tendrils, and Symbiotic Link. Or they were just referring to Rupture and Maggots building up the stacks... that would be disappointing.

Well, I do hope that the infestation stacks do give special perks to Nidus's other abilities, but if that's not gonna happen then I will be disappointed that it's only gonna be affecting his ult, but if it does give perks. Then no, I won't be disappointed anymore, but I also wish that his ult would able to be used separately.

• 1 month later...